Monthly Magazine Home / Monthly House - 월간 집 [2021]

abs-oluteM

1 hour ago, Support_Somin_n_SG said:

@abs-oluteMI love this scene and the song in this scene.. Is it another ost? Do you know?

seems like a new OST ...sounds good :D

-----------------

I just got off the episode , and our Dragon boss who is trying not to care, fails each time. I was just smiling from ear to ear at how Ja Sung's kindness conscience is YW , the way he is her conscience when it come to money matters. So clear to the audience , how he is falling for her . This is always my favourite bit in a rom-com when the FL unwittingly enters the heart of the tsundere ML. If Young Won's fantasy was kissing him, his went a step further LOL! ( We definitely got trolled there the 1st time when he woke up next to the Chief Editor). Any guesses how they ended up in the same bed at the end?

Oh I was surprised that Ui Joo has a boyfriend on top of a sugar daddy? Woah...maybe rich man could really be her father ? Or is she two timing? hhmmmm. You know she and Editor Nam may actually hit it off. Nam and his cutie pie - she just seems like a doll or prized possession he keeps in a cupboard. It was Ui Joo at the end of the day that came through for him while lining up for the subscription lucky draw . And I did feel so sorry for Chief Editor when his home isn't one where he can find some comfort and warmth in.

So from the preview , I think Young Won will start "decorating" Ja Sung's place right? And that makes him uncomfortable because he doesn't want to get attach to a place , lest he finds it hard to sell. This is good...cause when someone or something bothers you so much, they have made a way into your heart.

---------------------

Ooo by the way ...the Singles photoshoot is hot! 

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

45 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh I was surprised that Ui Joo has a boyfriend on top of a sugar daddy? Woah...maybe rich man could really be her father ? Or is she two timing? hhmmmm. You know she and Editor Nam may actually hit it off. Nam and his cutie pie - she just seems like a doll or prized possession he keeps in a cupboard. It was Ui Joo at the end of the day that came through for him while lining up for the subscription lucky draw .

I am started to suspect the same as well. Whether the sugar daddy is actually her father, but probably estranged because he remarried? Although she said that she has no parents but it could be because she hated her father getting remarried. And not having a good relationship with the stepmother. I am also thinking that she and Nam might become an item. Since we don’t really get to know Cutie Pie, I think Nam might end it with her because he couldn’t stand the thought of his parents selling their house for his sake. 

48 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

And I did feel so sorry for Chief Editor when his home isn't one where he can find some comfort and warmth in.

I am starting to hate the wife tbh. What kind of wife/mother is she!? Nothing nice I can say about her. 

50 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think Young Won will start "decorating" Ja Sung's place right?

Yes, yes... haha, she always wants to transform a house into a home. 

You know I was grinning and smiling and grinning during the first 15 minutes. The guy is under her spell already 😂 well, until around mid episode where the magic wears off when he got jealous of other people getting compliments too. He is sulking when he found out he wasn’t the only person getting her compliment. Possessive much already this guy. But as we can tell at the end of the episode, he indeed is a good person. He just cannot not help people in need, especially NYW 😁 yes, the spell is still working. 

Random stuff ~ I am like NYW when it comes to hand cream, and even toothpaste, LOL... not being cheapskate but why waste when there is still stuff to use... And if I were her, I would just not zip up my bag and there you go, I can still use it for a longer time until I saved up enough to buy new one. It’s a deep bag anyway, no fear of things falling out 😉

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

[Ep 6]

Aaahhh. Ep 6 so gooood. I didn't find any references to iconic scenes from other shows, but this episode alone has a couple of scenes that merits iconic status; like Young-won's hypnosis on Ja-sung, Young-won's keychain scene, and of course their sushi/sake scene! 😍 I love all of them. I know I've been a bit obsessed with the parallel reference scenes, but I hope that the sushi/sake scene is completely original and something that this show can claim as its own. Even before catching all the references for their "first kiss" scene, I didn't really find that scene to be special. But the scenes from this episode are probably ones that I'll eventually keep coming back to and rewatch someday. I'm looking for more memorable scenes! 

The double 'waking-up in bed' scene was a nice touch too! They did their best to make it look the exact same one. Really really funny. Can't wait to find out how they ended up in the same bed. Was it cause Ja Sung doesn't have any other furniture? 🤣

I'm still confused with his tactic on where he lives. I feel like it'll be more practical if he just stayed put in a small place, rather than having to move every now and then just to "save" money by occuping the place while waiting for it to be bought. I don't like his current place though, I liked the previous two much much better. The current place looks too glamorous and... marble-y... which is a good sign cause they'll move together somewhere else... right? 

While things are going well for Ja-Sung and Young-won, I feel really bad for Shin already. I hope he doesn't get his hopes high that much. It's crushing me everytime I see him now. Him getting all fired up when Young-won told him he is mature was a sign for me that no, he isn't mature enough yet. To be fair though, with how wacky this show is, none of the "adults" are really models for being mature. So I don't know, maybe my point is moot. 🤣

@Support_Somin_n_SG I love the scene and song too. I saw a tweet saying it's by Woodz. But I can't find the song yet, so probably part of the OST and will be released accordingly. 

The other songs are starting to be distinguishable now too. I now recognized when OST 3 was played on ep 6. There's also another song that I'm waiting to come out. It's the one towards end of ep1 during Young-won's hardships flasbacks with lyrics like "here I am, a flame is alive in my heart". The acoustic song that was played on ep 6's bed scene seems nice as well. 

Songs here: 

Spoiler

@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama I was surprised that she had (then has again) a boyfriend too! I'm not sure about them and editor Nam though...

Edited by Warm Paws
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Shocked 1

Yeah I think it's her father I felt it 😊 but she didn't grow with him I guess.

I laughed when Jasung called Youngwon "compliments machine" 😂😂😂 he was so pissed off and yes he's definitely concerned with everything related to her

The scenary in the sushi restaurant 😍😍😍 the cherry blossom, the wooden furnitures, the song, JS and YG laughing. Soooo 😌😌 

I'm also sad for photographer Shim, he might be mature but his way to approach her is not that mature 😅

Singles magazine YT video is so nice 😍

Edited by SsomGem
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

Ah. Actually found one! So cute. I really like all Young-won's hypnosis scenes this episode, especially how Ja-sung just completely stops whatever he's saying. 😍😍😍

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, SsomGem said:

I laughed when Jasung called Youngwon "compliments machine" 😂😂😂 he was so pissed off and yes he's definitely concerned with everything related to her

Same!!! The dog bit was the best! In the words of Ja-sung, "I compliment this scene!" 

46 minutes ago, SsomGem said:

The scenary in the sushi restaurant 😍😍😍 the cherry blossom, the wooden furnitures, the song, JS and YG laughing. Soooo 😌😌 

Riiiigghtt?! The restaurant setting looks so nice. Maybe they can find a house with an indoor cherry blossom 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Someone subbed their radio show & you can check out the IG Account given for full subbed video 

Fully subbed 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ4wTSJBi_7/?utm_medium=copy_link

The story behind the griptok that he gave her  (no idea what griptok is , lol! )

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ4Wjbehhsz/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Thanks 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

The title for ep 6 is so cheeky... There's you inside my home. I think it's also a play word for the famous phrase from old k-drama 'There you inside me' xD

But I guess with Ja Sung inviting Young Won to his 'temporary' house, he is really open his heart to her. Before he thought that he only became 'the dancing whale' because of her compliments, but then he realized she compliments of every person and even pet good deeds. He didn't know that it just her personality in finding good points of others. He is still trying hard denying her constant presence in his life, but by allowing her to step into his boundary (which he refused to share with Gyeom), it means that he has started to open his heart for heart too. Not that he realized it.

Young Won hasn't fully realized about her feelings too for Ja Sung. For now she's really focused on having a house or space for her to own without paying rent. The tiring day and busy life, not to mention she has to keep sending her money for her mother, she seems can't take a break. Even when she's dead tired after an overtime, when Eui Joo came, she still opened her home and listen to her. I think for Young Won to open her heart and see Ja Sung in a different point of view, she has to find the comfort for herself first. Maybe she will see a new kind of side of Ja Sung when they were living together during the reconstruction of her place. We'll have to see...

Gyeom is the second lead male for this drama, isn't he? He's cute like puppy but I think he didn't realize that he's playing cupid for Young Won to see Ja Sung with different looks because he keeps defending him. Poor puppy for getting his heart broken in the upcoming episodes.. 

@SilverMoonTea I remember we talked that you enjoy watching this too, don't you? Did you fall for the dimple puppy? hahaha

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

2 hours ago, LaLa said:

@SilverMoonTea I remember we talked that you enjoy watching this too, don't you? Did you fall for the dimple puppy? hahaha

@LaLaI still liking the grumpy Mr. Dragon more so far. The puppy a bit cute. But I already have SL dimples boy in other drama (My Roommate is Gumiho 😅). 

@Support_Somin_n_SGI really like that sushi bar scenes too. The song bgm also so nice. 

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

One of the things I like about this drama is the narration by Young Won at the end of each episode, recapping her thoughts after a hard day at work and in life, which leaves us with some food for thoughts. I hope this feature continues for every episode. Below is what was given to us in ep.1-4. I will post again later for ep.5-8.

Edition #1 - A man who buys a House, a Woman Who Lives in a House

Because I had a home, I could seek refuge after a hard day. It was the only place I could let out what I really felt. It was a place that could comfort my weary body and soul. Although I didn’t own it, thanks to a place where I could be myself, I was able to hold on until now. Now I am at a new place. Can it also become a refuge that will help me withstand the storm?

Edition #2 - Hope for My Own House

I read in a book that a house must be a place where you can grab a beam in a dark corner and cry. My house provided that for me today. Why? Because I lost a huge sum of money. Just yesterday, I had high hopes for home ownership. I guess home ownership is unattainable for someone like me.

Edition #3 - Living With a Parasite

There are times my home looks so shabby. I don’t know about others, but I wanted my life to be better than his. The current score? I lost big time. I think that’s what a home is. It measures my assets. You can carry a designer wallet with no money in it. But you can’t buy a nice house with no money. Your home is your status that you can’t hide. I really need a drink right now, but I should save up to buy a house. I’m going to restrain myself.

Edition #4 - If I Could Renovate My Life…

A thought suddenly occurred to me. If I could renovate my life as you’d renovates your place… If I could get rid of the things that went wrong… If I could fix my life like fixing broken parts… If I could do it over like painting over walls… Just like interior designs that have a before and after, if my life that seems stuck at “before” could turn into a glamorous “after”, that’s be great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Someone subbed their radio show & you can check out the IG Account given for full subbed video 

Fully subbed 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ4wTSJBi_7/?utm_medium=copy_link

The story behind the griptok that he gave her  (no idea what griptok is , lol! )

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CQ4Wjbehhsz/?utm_medium=copy_link

Awesome thank you so much 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Finally started watching this drama on Viki, but it seems that the episodes are going to be delayed by a lot versus iQiyi. Anyway, watched the first 2 episodes, and it's pretty cute.

Ja Sung and Young Won have similar life stories, but JS was able to make himself rich while YW keeps struggling just to survive. Still, JS seems as if he was pretty nasty while making his money as well as dedicated to it, while YW had a pure heart and allowed herself a few luxuries like coffee as well as getting along with relatives and colleagues. JS has a big empty apartment that he goes home to, while YW makes any place that she is cozy with her little touches. However, JS seems lonely and he's getting older as well as richer, so he's probably ready for someone like YW to come into his life and show him some of the warmth that he has not allowed in his life.

Also, it seems that there may be a love triangle with the photographer who seems to be a bit of a dilettante coming from a rich family. Hope it doesn't go there full bore.

Jung So Min's character here in some ways reminds me of her character in Playful Kiss, though much smarter and more accomplished.

Definitely a cute rom-com, even if a lot of it is drawn out in stereotypes, with little subtlety.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@LaLa @SilverMoonTea funny that you guys describe him as a puppy. In Because This is My First Life, Somin thought that Boknam, the second love interest, was a puppy at first. A store owner asked Somin to look for Boknam, describing him as "has curly brown fur, wears pink, and is pretty to look at". Very similar to Shin in MMH 😂 I've been waiting for Shin to wear pink, but this baby blue hoodie works as a comparison: 

BT-Boknam.png

MH-Shin.png

Yet another similarity between the two shows. 

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

One of the things I like about this drama is the narration by Young Won at the end of each episode, recapping her thoughts after a hard day at work and in life, which leaves us with some food for thoughts. I hope this feature continues for every episode. Below is what was given to us in ep.1-4. I will post again later for ep.5-8.

Thank you for transcribing the monologues! This is also one of the iconic techniques used in BTIMFL and it's really really effective. It helps summarize the episode and tie things together. Somin's way of talking in those monologues pulls so many feels.

They really know how to target people like me and others here that are Somin/BTIMFL fans. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Since Viki just picked this up , Soompi has started doing articles for the BTS. First one posted today

Watch: Kim Ji Suk Is Shocked To Learn About Kiss Scene With Jung So Min On The Day Of Filming For “Monthly Magazine Home”

b38a3b05ae6b4f22a7e4e9206bd05d45.jpeg?s=

JTBC’s “Monthly Magazine Home” released a new behind-the-scenes video of Jung So Min and Kim Ji Suk’s kiss scene!

“Monthly Magazine Home” is a romance drama that centers around the problem of housing. Jung So Min stars as Na Young Won, a woman who believes houses are for “living in,” and Kim Ji Suk stars as Yoo Ja Sung, a man who believes houses are for “buying.”

The video begins with Kim Ji Suk asking the making-of camera, “What rumor did you hear before coming here today? What’s there today that you would come on this cold day?” Afterwards, Kim Ji Suk and Jung So Min begin to rehearse their kiss scene.

During the actual filming, Kim Ji Suk leans in close without actually touching Jung So Min for their imaginary kiss scene. However, Kim Ji Suk is surprised after the director tells him to actually kiss and not just lean in to pretend to kiss. Kim Ji Suk asks, “We’re doing it for real? Ah, we’re actually doing it?” Kim Ji Suk explains that he thought they weren’t actually kissing because it’s a scene from the character’s imagination. He asks again, “We’re completely touching?” Jung So Min replies that they are, and Kim Ji Suk continues to add, “I thought we weren’t doing it.”

The director comes over and asks, “Young Won (Jung So Min), you knew, right? Then why didn’t you?” Kim Ji Suk explains that he thought they were leaving some leeway, and Jung So Min comments, “Ah, like in the ending where you get closer? Times have changed a lot.”

Despite Kim Ji Suk’s initial shock, the two actors manage to successfully film a sweet kiss scene. When the director yells, “Cut!” Jung So Min bursts out laughing while slapping Kim Ji Suk on the shoulders. Later, Kim Ji Suk explains, “We’ve already filmed a kiss scene before. It wasn’t awkward at all. We’ve done it once five years ago.”

Finally, Jung So Min pretends to act drunk by waving her hands around her head. The director asks, “You’re not acting right now, are you?”

Spoiler

Source

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 4

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

“We’re doing it for real? Ah, we’re actually doing it?” Kim Ji Suk explains that he thought they weren’t actually kissing because it’s a scene from the character’s imagination. He asks again, “We’re completely touching?” Jung So Min replies that they are, and Kim Ji Suk continues to add, “I thought we weren’t doing it.”

😄😄 This is pretty cute. Ji-seok didn't know, but looking at the BTS, I would've thought that Somin was the one that was surprised, hence her hitting Ji-seok. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@Sominah the song is so nice, I like the official video too. I've been putting up together another mash-up ever since the song came out, and my heart's been sinking and sinking watching Young-won and Ji-ho's lowest moments (so far).

Their journey so heartbreaking. I can't believe that we'll already reach the halfway point this week. Gah. Glass half-full, half-empty feelings. 🙂🙃

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3