One Ordinary Day 어느 날 [2021]

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

No way he is playing fair and out to do justice. This detective is super shady. He literally took an evidence from the crime scene (Hyun Soo's inhaler). Listening in on Hyun Soo's conversation with his parents. Tries to trick Hyun Soo into telling him more or get him to confess. Deliberately pick a top that would make Hyun Soo look bad in front of the judge.

It's one thing to exercise reasonable doubt on a prime suspect but it's entirely different when everything is done in with an agenda out to get Hyun Soo.

I agree with your interpretation of all the tactics. But he has such a kind and fair looking face! 😂 And it seems he does have a bit of doubt although he went long with the belief that Hyun Soo was guilty.

3 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Have you seen Edward Norton and Richard Gere in Primal Fear? If you haven't, I highly recommend. Don't look for spoiler and check NF because it was available on NF before.

Yes I have. One of the best twists. Like The Usual Suspects.

Spoiler

Are you telling me One Ordinary Day follows in the same vein?????

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Chocolate No, I've no idea what is the truth or ending of One Ordinary Day. It just reminds me it could be like Primal Fear because it started off similarly, don't you think? I'm tempted to find spoiler and is curious whether it is exactly the same as the British version.

8 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

But he has such a kind and fair looking face!

Yaaaa~ he's not that benevolent Doldam Hospital chief here. LOL. I've seen this actor plays nasty villain so he definitely don't have a kind and fair looking face here. 

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
19 hours ago, Tofu said:

I like both actors but why so many dramas airing all the same time?! :scaredpanda2: I would have to drop some dramas to watch this. I don't know if I can sustain the 8-9 dramas per week like our great masters. 

@Xiaopz_pj!! Where have you been?! :letalQQ:

You need to check out this one - it is a short watch with only 8 episodes. 

I just finished the first two. I must say the production is very high level. The cinematography is superb - movie level atmosphere and visual. The acting is super super good. KSH and his crying scenes... oh my god.

I have been hiding out and not watching many dramas lately... ;-) Good to see you here. :love:

• Like 3
  • Party! 1
15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Another drama on air.

Thank you my precious drama alarm :laugh::CharmanderYay:

I'm struggling to keep up, but will definitely watch at least some episodes of things tonight since I think I'll have smashed out some of the things that have been keeping me busy! :heart: I just want to watch dramassss

• Like 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episode 3

In this episode, Hyun Soo is officially sent to prison. He shares a room with a man with panic disorder (due to being bullied) and another "normal" middle age man who at least treat him decently and explained to him the rules of the prison the next day. We're introduced to new character - Do Ji Tae - who is like the King of the prison. Joining Hyun Soo in the prison is Park Doo Shik, the convict who was at the police station when Hyun Soo was arrested. Unfortunately he's one of the bullies.

Spoiler

Shin Joong Han was going to charge Hyun Soo's family 90,000 Won for his service however upon arrival of his house, he changed it to 70,000 and then 60,000 later. The man has to earn a living too so I fully understand the charges and he was at least nice enough to charge less and less. Even though he's not one of the elites but I think he has a good hunch and has his way of getting around the system e.g., using a screenshot of being on the phone with the Chief Park Sang Beom to get a pass into the crime scene.

Spoiler

I do kind of like the conversation between Park Sang Beom and Shin Joong Han about whether or not Hyun Soo is innocent. I think both had a point in believing what they see in Hyun Soo. Sang Beom is probably more jaded and it is true that there are criminals who are very intelligent in disguising their evilness under an innocent mask. And he believes Hyun Soo is one of them. While it is also understandable that, from Joong Han and viewers' perspective, Hyun Soo freaks out, can't think straight and was extremely scared.

Spoiler

Not quite sure why Do Ji Tae picks Hyun Soo out and offers to "help" him. With him, there had to be something Hyun Soo had to repay in favour. The show ended with the panic disorder inmate committing suicide from hanging himself. Hyun Soo got so scared he panicked and tried to escape the prison. Obviously it wasn't successful and he is seen beaten to a pulp by the prison guard.

This prison looks so cold and scary.

Another law firm sees Hyun Soo's case can help them with publicity so they approached Hyun Soo's family and offer to help with Pro Bono. Immediately Hyun Soo's parents agree since they can't pay Shin Joong Han. And awww, Shin Joong Han even bought undies for Hyun Soo and gave him some prison money but had to be told he's no longer representing Hyun Soo :(

Hey @Chocolate you'll be able to see KSH's behind this episode. :P

• Clapping Hands 3

Episode 4

This episode feels really heavy, making me gloomier since I'm already experiencing Monday Blues. It's so hard not to be biased towards the law enforcers when they were shown not playing fair. Both Prosecutor and Chief Park set Hyun Soo up to fail the polygraph test. Like Shin Joong Han said to Hyun Soo in previous episode, it really doesn't matter whether he's innocent or not anymore, the prosecution simply did not care.

Somehow I think Shin Joong Han's hunch tells him Hyun Soo isn't the murderer so he keeps poking his nose in even though he's no longer Hyun Soo's lawyer. I think he was also testing Hyun Soo this time when he presented the opportunity for Hyun Soo to get a shorter sentence. He seems really happy that Hyun Soo insisted his innocence and refuse to settle.

I couldn't resist my curiosity so I had peeked a little the British version. I hope next episode Hyun Soo will re-hire Shin Joong Han because the big law firm lawyer simply didn't care whether Hyun Soo is innocent or not. Curious too with Hyun Soo turning down this opportunity, will it push Chief Park to think twice that perhaps Hyun Soo is telling the truth and he'll spend the rest of 4 episodes to properly investigate the murder case...?

• Clapping Hands 3

This drama is best binged. The suspense is killing me but I'm trying really hard not to search to avoid spoilers. So @mademoiselle, control yourself!

The biggest question is if Hyun Soo is guilty. So far, to me, the signs seem to indicate that he is.

1.  Captain Park makes a fair argument, in his conversation with Lawyer Shin. I'm going to re-watch that scene.

2.  Why is Do Ji Tae helping Hyun Soo right from the start? My first thought was, a person who is evil recognises another.

3e91767cec77e9b04ce004ae01d9e9511c7a4a19

3.  It's been 4 episodes out of 8. There's no mention of another suspect yet.

4.  If the British version was so popular, it must have an exceptional plot. If Hyun Soo is not guilty, wouldn't it become an ordinary detective/mystery?

But he is making a lot of bumbling mistakes, which I can't tell if it is because he is feeling his way around or it is intentional. There's a lot of eye movements too, which sometimes seem like he is scheming and trying to find the "best" answer. If he is guilty, did he kill her cold-bloodedly, or was it under the influence of drugs and alcohol? The former would be more interesting. However, that would make the scene where he discovered her body "fake"?

Anyway, the acting is very good!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

#OneOrdinaryDay, #KimSoohyun x #ChaSeungwon flawless performance parade from directing, acting, and story.

Credit to: @browniestory

FF9w_-vUUAIyByd?format=jpg&name=900x900

1. Director #LeeMyoungwoo K-Crime Drama.

Viewers praised the delicately thoughtful directing and expressed admiration for the beautiful directing power, which leads to countless replays.

2. The ability of #KimSoohyun and #ChaSeungwon to absorb characters.

KSH created a unique character that makes people cheer and doubt at the same time through his intense eye acting mixed with goodness and mystery that has never been seen in romance, fantasy, or youth genre.

#ChaSeungwon, who is known for his versatile acting abilities in a variety of genres, delivered a one-of-a-kind performance of the third-class lawyer character Shin Junghan, which has never been seen before.

3. A parade of flawless passionate acting.

The last reason why #OneOrdinaryDay gets an explosive response is the fantastic casting with no acting flaws. Regardless of how frequently they appear, the actors have a powerful hold and bring the play to life.

Article

Spoiler

logo_112_11_20170105110805.gif?20211202_

Kim Soo-hyun X Cha Seung-won's 'One Day', word of mouth exploded... Three reasons for an explosive reaction

[Herald POP = Correspondent Image] 'One Day' is a rare well-made drama that catches two rabbits at the same time, with workability and topicality, and is getting hot by word of mouth.

Coupang Play series 'One Day' (Director Lee Myung-woo / Produced by Green Snake Media, The Studio M, Gold Medalist) is the story of Kim Hyeon-soo (Kim Soo-hyun), who became a murder suspect overnight from an ordinary college student, and Shin Joon-han (Cha Seung-won), a third-class lawyer who does not ask the truth. It is an 8-episode hardcore crime drama depicting fierce survival.

Above all, 'One Day' has been known as a perfect drama with the combination of directing, acting, story, and three beats since its first release, filling the real-time chat room with rave reviews. In this regard, we analyzed three reasons for the explosive reaction of 'One Day', which is holding the undisputed No.

# Reason for the explosive reaction of 'One Day'

1. 'Director Myung-Woo Lee' K-crime drama

'One Day' is the trilogy of director Lee Myung-woo's judicial system drama trilogy following 'Punch' and 'Whisper', signaling the birth of the K-crime drama 'Director Myung-woo Lee's Pyo'. In particular, the chewy tension that unfolds in the sensuous video provides the magic that changes a running time of more than 60 minutes into a tangible time of a few minutes. Viewers pointed out the points of the delicately thoughtful directing and poured their admiration for the beautiful directing power, which leads to infinite replays. The loud vibrations of the mobile phone ringing at the police station in Episode 1 and the sound of the second hand ringing loudly when deciding whether to arrest or not, expressed Kim Hyun-soo's anxious psychological amplification. It drew attention by depicting the despair of In addition, Kim Hyeon-soo's new prison ceremony, which was emphasized by the pin lighting in the third episode, expressed the helplessness of Kim Hyun-soo, who became the weakest person in earnest. Moreover, in the 4th episode, he raised interest by foretelling the conflict that will intensify through a bold one-shot that shows the face of Kim Hyun-soo, who is gradually crying while denying the forced false confession, and a scene where he scans the expressions of the characters that change after Kim Hyun-soo's remarks one by one.

# Reason for the explosive reaction of 'one day'

2. Kim Soo-hyun and Cha Seung-won's character digestibility

'One Day' is well-received as a work that drew faces that could not be seen from the top Korean actors Kim Soo-hyun and Cha Seung-won. First of all, Kim Soo-hyun, who first challenged the genre through 'One Day', completed a differentiated character that made both cheering and doubting at the same time with intense gaze acting with a mixture of goodness and strangeness that had not been shown in romance, fantasy, or youth. Kim Hyun-soo, who is swung here and there in an ordinary college student in the play, is portrayed in detail with an unfair expression and shaking pupils. In addition, Cha Seung-won, who is recognized for his limitless acting spectrum that crosses various genres, showed a humanely humane role as a third-class lawyer, Shin Joon-han, who had never seen him anywhere else, and showed off his life without hesitation. In the face-to-face with prosecutor Ahn Tae-hee (Kim Shin-rok), he controls the strength and weakness of the play with a cider action after a smirk, and expresses the three-dimensional inner side of cautious Kim Hyun-soo, who is anxious while reading through the court, but sharply transforms in court with realistic facial expressions. Expectations are rising for the fierce survival that the two will show in the future, who explode their unrivaled acting skills.

# Reason for the explosive reaction of 'one day'

3. Hot-rolling parade without holes

The last reason 'One Day' gets an explosive response is the fantasy casting without a single smoke hole. The actors appearing in 'One Day' show a strong presence regardless of the amount of time and make the play come alive. Kim Seong-gyu, who expressed Do Ji-tae, the lion of the northern prison with a unique force from his appearance, showed a good example of charisma with his characteristic low tone and heavy aura, and amplified interest in the story in the prison, which will become an axis of the play. Here, Lee Seol, who plays the role of Seo Su-jin, who at the same time reveals the ambition and immaturity of a beginner in society, sympathized with him, and Shin-rok Kim, who played the role of Ahn Tae-hee, who stimulated Kim Hyeon-soo without lifting an eye for his victory, made a strong impression with the aspect of a villain who can't breathe. left behind On the other hand, Kim Hong-pa, who played the role of Park Sang-beom, the head of the detective department, provoked anger by insisting on the conviction that Kim Hyeon-soo was guilty with pride for his experience. In addition, Yang Kyung-won, who is a trouble maker in the prison and the axis of evil tormenting Kim Hyun-soo, plays Park Mi-kyung, who doubles the tension and robs her eyes with excellent diction and atmosphere, Seo Jae-hee, and Kang Da-kyung, a witty reporter who played a decisive role in Kim Hyun-soo's imprisonment Moon Ye-won and others are all characters that seem to exist somewhere, boosting the vitality of the play.

The production team said, “We would like to express our deep gratitude for the precious comments and opinions you have left for ‘One Day’. am. Please look forward to it.”

On the other hand, 'One Day' is broadcast twice a week, 8 episodes through the service start at 00:00 every Saturday and Sunday, the 5th episode will be broadcast on the 11th at 00:00 Sat. It will be released on the 11th (Saturday, 12 PM).

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3

Wgb4ZjR.png

'One Day', the story of a college student who fell into a helpless abyss

2021.12.07(Tue) 11:21:35

A masterpiece created by Coupang Play... Official completion of 'Kim Soo-hyun + Cha Seung-won = Drama you can trust and watch'

Spoiler

[Biz Korea] In the era of OTT Warring States, it is the original content that stakes life and death on each platform. If there is well-made original content, consumers will switch to or add to that platform. Coupang's OTT and Coupang Play, which can be enjoyed by any Coupang Rocket Wow membership customer (monthly 2,900 won), also released their first original series. Hallyu star Kim Soo-hyun and Cha Seung-won, who has mastered acting and entertainment, are the main characters in the drama 'One Day'.

e1OarTz.jpg

Kim Hyeon-soo (Kim Soo-hyun) whose life collapses due to a one-night deviation. Coupang Play's first original drama 'One Day' enhances immersion with Kim Soo-hyun's excellent acting, who continues the success story in each work. Photo = Courtesy of Coupang Play

'One Day' is the story of an ordinary college student who becomes a suspect in a murder case overnight, meets a lawyer at the bottom who does not ask the truth, and a person in power at the top of the food chain in prison. It is based on the BBC drama 'Criminal Justice', starring Ben Whishaw. In addition to the fame of the original, which is reputed as a masterpiece, the meeting between Kim Soo-hyun, Cha Seung-won, Kim Seong-gyu, and other prominent cast members, and hitmaker Lee Myung-woo, who directed 'Punch' and 'The Fiery Priest', drew attention. Starting with episode 1 on November 27th, it is released every Saturday and Sunday at 0 o'clock.

u4y6EV2.jpg

Shin Joong-han (Cha Seung-won) is a third-class lawyer specializing in thugs for a living, starting with a fee of 300,000 won per case. However, unlike his notoriety, the advice he gives from moment to moment is first-class. Cha Seung-won's unique acting full of agility makes the warrior wonder how Shinju-han is in such a situation. Photo = Courtesy of Coupang Play

University student Kim Hyeon-soo (Kim Soo-hyun) secretly drives his father's taxi to attend his friends' pool party after the group meeting is cancelled. He has a crush on a woman who accidentally gets into Hyeon-soo's taxi, and is drawn to him, inhaling drugs at the woman's house, and spending a passionate night while drunk. However, after waking up a few hours later, what he sees in front of Hyeon-soo is the bloody, dead body of a woman. Frightened, Hyeon-soo runs away from the scene, gets caught by a police officer caught on drunk driving and goes to the police station after twists and turns, where he is arrested as a murderer. Although there is no direct evidence, there are 117 circumstantial evidences indicating that Hyun-soo is the culprit, and no one, including veteran detective Park Sang-beom (Kim Hong-pa) or prosecutor Ahn Tae-hee (Kim Shin-rok), believes in Hyeon-soo's innocence.

cItoGLJ.jpg

Kim Seong-gyu, who has shown quiet charisma through the Netflix 'Kingdom' series, takes on the role of Do Ji-tae, the most powerful person in the prison, where even the prison guards control him. Photo = Courtesy of Coupang Play

'One Day' shows the process of falling into a helpless pit of Kim Hyun-soo, who accidentally spends a night with a woman and encounters a terrible situation. Above all, when I get caught up in an unexpected incident like Kim Hyun-soo one day, I am not sure if I will act like Kim Hyun-soo, which also helps to increase the immersion in this drama. At the same time, while raising the question of who killed the woman Hong Guk-hwa (Hwang Se-on), it is also a characteristic of 'One Day' that it confuses whether Kim Hyun-soo is really innocent. Hyeonsu wakes up drunk on drugs and alcohol and can't remember what happened. Therefore, viewers become immersed in Hyun-soo who looks unfair, but it is difficult to shake off the aftertaste of 'what if'.

W4VHZal.jpg

Among the cast of outstanding performances without holes, Kim Hong-pa, who plays a veteran detective who agrees with Hyeon-soo's guilt, and Kim Shin-rok, who plays the prosecutor, stand out. It is expected that Kim Shin-rok, who has made a strong impression on viewers with Netflix's 'Hell', will show another shot this time. Photo = Courtesy of Coupang Play

It is the actors' performances that complete the tight immersion of 'One Day'. Kim Soo-hyun, who was a star but always showed outstanding acting, this time, erased the brilliance of 'a cool man' and completely transformed into an ordinary college student who fell into hell and cried. Even if there is an unexpected twist, it makes it impossible to ignore the image of him pleading for innocence while trembling in fear right now. How about Cha Seung-won, who plays Shin Jung-han, a lawyer who specializes in subsistence criminals helping Hyeon-soo? Cha Seung-won, who appears as a unique figure with long hair tied in sandals with lap wrapped around his feet due to severe atopy, seems to be a 'gag' with unique comic smoke, but shows his wits moment by moment. Fill the prudence with your own color. Kim Seong-gyu, who plays the role of Do Ji-tae, the most powerful person in the prison, who dominates the space with his sharp eyes and quiet charisma, also stands out. 

In addition to the main cast, the heaviness of supporting actors such as Kim Hong-pa, who plays veteran detective, Kim Shin-rok, who plays the prosecutor in charge of Kim Hyeon-soo's murder case, and Seo Jae-hee, who plays the role of Park Mi-kyung, a star lawyer who for some reason offered to take on the role of Hyun-soo for free, are also notable. In particular, Kim Shin-rok, who performed impressively in the Netflix drama 'Hell', boasts a strong presence in every scene that appears this time as well.

02op2sv.jpg

'One Day' attempts to critically portray the contradictions of the criminal justice system. Perhaps in order to portray the situation more dramatically, the prison that appears in 'One Day' appears as tyrannical as it did in the 20th century. It seems to be a device that makes viewers feel more pity for Hyeonsu. Photo = Courtesy of Coupang Play

Unlike the method of releasing content all at once, 'One Day' is a drama that releases episodes every week and has to be watched while waiting. In general, 16-episode dramas often lose their strength after the 8th episode, which turns around the turning point, but the 8-episode 'One Day' is still in great tension even though it aired up to 4 episodes. What is Do Ji-tae's intention to approach Kim Hyeon-soo, who is an ordinary person, whether a prudent lawyer who seems surprisingly talented can achieve victory over a living lawyer, and whether Kim Hyun-soo is innocent without a single doubt in the murder case? When I think about the stories, the remaining 4 episodes are breathtaking. There are many unrealistic parts like the prison in the hellish drama in the drama 'Prison Break', which is different from the prison in 'Wise Prison Life', but it overwhelms him with a fast paced development and a consistently heavy atmosphere, so 'One Day' can't ignore 

Who will win, a lawyer who doesn't ask the truth or a detective or lawyer whose performance is more important than finding the truth? Can Kim Hyun-soo join hands with Ju-han and prove his innocence? To solve this question, you have no choice but to log in to Coupang Play every weekend. Fortunately, as a Coupang member, you don't have to pay additional fees, isn't it?

Source | Translated by Google

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

This drama is best binged. The suspense is killing me but I'm trying really hard not to search to avoid spoilers. So @mademoiselle, control yourself!

Hahaha, I've read the "sypnosis". The original is only 5 episodes and this is 8 so I do think they have added more elements/changes to it. The structure of the story so far is the same - as in how it all started.

You know, I kept wanting Hyun Soo to faint from his asthma attack. LOL

Oh didn't think they would share behind the scenes but here it is!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am caught up! The show is really good. Can't stop once you started it... Yes, I also want to know what happened and very tempted to search for the answer from the original version. But will control myself....

Really cannot stand the prosecutor and lawyer making a deal about how many years to sentence Hyun Soo, just so as to be done with the case. It's someone's days months and years we're talking about!! But of course they won't care, as long as they wrapped up the case "beautifully". What I don't understand is the police that did not agree with the 10 yr sentence as he thought it's too short... He truly believes Hyun Soo is the murderer? Or is there some other mission that he is on? Wonder if he is under someone's order... but if it's the true culprit who is giving him order, wouldn't it be fine that as long as someone else already took the blame? I also didn't like how he, and the prosecutor, manipulated Hyun Soo psychologically before the polygraph test. Good thing Lawyer Shin was there to help. 

Another thing I wonder is whether Hyun Soo really did not kill the girl. He was under influence, and indeed didn't remember a thing. But it would be such a twist that if he really did kill her, except that he himself also was totally not aware of what he's done. 

And what's the deal with the prison guy Do Ji Tae? Why is he taking care of Hyun Soo? He mentioned something about he repays people he's indebted to... How did he become indebted to Hyun Soo? Does he know the girl murdered? So was he happy that Hyun Soo killed her, because it did him a favour?

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Clapping Hands 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

What I don't understand is the police that did not agree with the 10 yr sentence as he thought it's too short... He truly believes Hyun Soo is the murderer? Or is there some other mission that he is on? Wonder if he is under someone's order... but if it's the true culprit who is giving him order, wouldn't it be fine that as long as someone else already took the blame? I also didn't like how he, and the prosecutor, manipulated Hyun Soo psychologically before the polygraph test. Good thing Lawyer Shin was there to help. 

Despite @mademoiselle's caution that I should not be taken in by the actor's "kindly" face, I think he genuinely believes Hyun Soo is guilty. He seems quite sincere in this scene and the points are valid. Hyun Soo has been making a series of mistakes which even I wouldn't make if I was ever in that situation - that is suspicious in itself. Because Captain Park is sure Hyun Soo is guilty, thus he has no qualms manipulating the situation.

Although his boss tried to influence him by offering a cushy job after retirement, I don't think that is his motivation. But this also gives me another thought - if there was a mastermind, who could bribe him with such a job - so far, out of the people we have seen, the step father seems to be rich enough to have the connections.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Another thing I wonder is whether Hyun Soo really did not kill the girl. He was under influence, and indeed didn't remember a thing. But it would be such a twist that if he really did kill her, except that he himself also was totally not aware of what he's done. 

I think if Hyun Soo did kill the girl, it would not be because he was not aware. That would be anti-climatic. The great twist would be that it was intentional, the why and how.

I wonder why this photo convinced Captain Park that Hyun Soo is guilty? It is a Body Worlds exhibition so taking a photo with the exhibit is quite usual isn't it? Is it the way Hyun Soo is grabbing the body/his position? Is that body a male or female - it has a beard but also breasts?

52gkcUp.png?1

@liddi Try this. Quite good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh yippee, @ktcjdrama is here too! ^ ^

Like @Chocolate said, Chief Park believes Hyun Soo is guilty. Mainly because all of the evidences point to Hyun Soo. Also he has a point when he had that conversation with Shin Joong Han (Choco's video)—that Hyun Soo could be faking it. It made a lot of sense that even Shin Joong Han was confused after that. It's true that he wanted Hyun Soo indicted before his retirement so he looks good. It's also true that he believes Hyun Soo is guilty so he wanted Hyun Soo to be incarcerated for as long as a murderer deserve. However, I don't like the fact that he played dirty from the get-go.

I do hope that with the end of episode 4 of Hyun Soo continues to deny guilty when presented with a good opportunity would send him really look into the case again.

I'd say Hyun Soo is innocent; merely because if he isn't then he should be cooking up an act by now—much like what you-know-who-in-that-movie we talked about @Chocolate.

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

I wonder why this photo convinced Captain Park that Hyun Soo is guilty? It is a Body Worlds exhibition so taking a photo with the exhibit is quite usual isn't it? Is it the way Hyun Soo is grabbing the body/his position? Is that body a male or female - it has a beard but also breasts?

I had to rotate the photo around to see it clearly but it is anatomy of a woman (it has breasts). The "beard" is muscles. I think this is just circumstantial evidence but can be used to cast doubt into anyone's mind, that Hyun Soo may not be what he projected himself to be due to him posing like he wants to strangle a woman AND that because this is anatomy exhibition so going there gives off the impression that he might be a byeontae...

• Insightful 2
26 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'd say Hyun Soo is innocent; merely because if he isn't then he should be cooking up an act by now—much like what you-know-who-in-that-movie we talked about @Chocolate.

Haha. You don't think he is acting now? At that last hearing, I think the judge was leaning towards putting him on bail because it is true that he is not a flight risk. However, he stuttered and could not explain properly why he ran in prison. But I could be over suspicious.

In any case, we should know by this weekend. If they still don't show any other suspects, then it's likely Hyun Soo. Can't be pulling out a killer from nowhere in the last episode.

• Like 2

Looks like he changed his lawyer again and re-engaged Shin Joong Han. I love court scenes - hope there is more this weekend.

Kim Soo Hyun And Cha Seung Won Team Up Once Again For A Grueling Court Battle In “One Ordinary Day”

Dec 9, 2021 by L. Kim

Coupang Play has released new stills ahead of the upcoming episode of their original drama “One Ordinary Day”!

A remake of the BBC drama “Criminal Justice,” “One Ordinary Day” is about an ordinary college student who becomes a murder suspect overnight and the third-rate lawyer who is the only one to reach out to help him while never asking him the truth of what happened that night.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Kim Hyun Soo’s (Kim Soo Hyun’s) new lawyer and CEO of a large law firm, Park Mi Kyung (Seo Jae Hee), used the evidence she obtained from Shin Joong Han (Cha Seung Won) in order to make a deal with Ahn Tae Hee (Kim Shin Rok) about his sentence. Park Mi Yung said the best choice Kim Hyun Soo has now is to confess he did the deed and receive a 10-year prison term. Kim Hyun Soo was forced to agree with that, but the crisis escalated when he changed his mind at the end.

The newly released stills capture what happened after Kim Hyun Soo refused to admit he committed the murder. Before, he was trembling with fear, but now, there is a firm look in his eyes. Shin Joong Han is also present, and he shows a relaxed attitude during the trial. Kim Hyun Soo speaks into the microphone, and curiosity is mounting over what he will say next. Also, how did Shin Joong Han come to Kim Hyun Soo’s defense again, and will they be able to turn the tables this time?

one-ordinary-day1.jpg

The drama’s producers explained, “Kim Soo Hyun and Cha Seung Won are creating great scenes based on their extraordinary trust in each other. We are certain that the two actors’ passionate performances will bring even more thrilling narratives and admiration.”

“One Ordinary Day” air every Friday and Saturday at midnight KST.

Source

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Haha. You don't think he is acting now? At that last hearing, I think the judge was leaning towards putting him on bail because it is true that he is not a flight risk. However, he stuttered and could not explain properly why he ran in prison. But I could be over suspicious.

I never thought he was acting but I entertained the idea of him being guilty and doing a stunt like that movie coz it would have been quite interesting from Kim Soo Hyun's perspective, as an actor.

From my interpretation of that scene, Hyun Soo was already nervous at court. He gets even more nervous when Uri Il Hwa mentioned he ran. Stuttering is the sign of him being nervous plus she gave him no chance to explain and was aggressive leading him towards looking sheepish/guilty.

Aish. No Eng sub!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2