One Ordinary Day 어느 날 [2021]

@mademoiselle Do you still have time to squeeze in another drama? 😂

zapzee_bi_postive.png

Kim Soo Hyun Reveals Why He Joined the Cast of ‘One Ordinary Day’

by Eungee Johabout an hour ago

NIZBjkM.jpg

Credit: iMBC

On the 26th, Coupang Play held a press conference at which Kim Soo Hyun, Cha Seung Won, Kim Seong Gyoo and director Lee Myung Woo talked about their experience working on the series One Ordinary Day.

When Kim Soo Hyun was asked why he joined the cast, he replied, “I loved the original work. It was very powerful and inspiring. After watching the British and American adaptations, I was curious to see the role (Hyun Soo) in my own version. I thought it was a great experience to reinterpret the role in a more personal way.”

Then he explained the key aspect of his character, saying, “As I was playing Hyun Soo, I have never been this innocent, hurt or heartbroken in my life. Even considering that it’s my first thriller series, I’ve never felt this betrayed before,” with a hearty laugh.

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

1:55 of the preview

NB: All 8 episodes are 19+ 

I thought 1:37 was more interesting, if someone had just moved the table 😂

19+ probably due to violence in jail and CSW looks like he will use a lot of swear words haha, solely from his image for the drama.

23 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle I just realise this airs today. What’s the airing schedule? One or two eps a week ? 

Airs tomorrow. So you have some time to think how to juggle your many many dramas. Hope it's not 1 ep a week 😱

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Airs tomorrow. So you have some time to think how to juggle your many many dramas. Hope it's not 1 ep a week 😱

I think can. One drama ends tonight though have to wait for subs for a long time. And the other one is the blood sucking ROY...that will finally end next week. :LaxEat:

I am actually more on the fence about ROY's replacement (Artificial City)  because it is another affair drama of all these entitled rich folks . Dunno if I have enough energy for it . This one seems more interesting in terms of story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@abs-oluteM The Viu trailer says every Sat and Sun at midnight. Is that tonight or tomorrow night? Hmmm.

Tonight ...hmm but I have cut off my subs for Viu...so I guess I will have to wait for the dark side .

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 1

Kim Hyun Soo, an ordinary University student who sneaks out with his father's taxi and bumped into the soon-to-be dead victim

They spent a night together, drinking alcohol, take drugs and had a one night stand. Hyun Soo wakes up to find her dead. This girl is that annoying girl from Nevertheless isn't it @abs-oluteM the one who keeps leading the other girl on.

Hyun Soo freaks out, as expected, and did some very silly things.

Luck was just not on his side that he was pulled over for DUI checks. He was taken back to the crime scene where he sweated out nervously then to the police station. Eventually the police found out he's the prime suspect.

Spoiler

Cha Seung Won's character came to help another man in the holding cell and saw Hyun Soo and got interested in Hyun Soo.

Overall it's a good start to the beginning of the drama and the latter half was creating that tension, watching when or how Hyun Soo will eventually be noticed by the police and get caught.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Kim Soo Hyun And Cha Seung Won Share How They Were Cast In New Drama, Adapting The Source Material, And More

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

On November 26, Coupang Play’s original series “One Ordinary Day” held an online press conference with director Lee Myung Woo and cast members Kim Soo Hyun, Cha Seung Won, and Kim Sung Kyu.

A remake of BBC’s “Criminal Justice,” “One Ordinary Day” stars Kim Soo Hyun as Kim Hyun Soo, an ordinary college student whose life is turned upside down when he suddenly becomes the prime suspect in a murder case. Cha Seung Won stars as Shin Joong Han, a third-rate lawyer who barely passed the bar exam and is the only person who reaches out to help Kim Hyun Soo—while never asking him about the truth of what happened that fateful night.

About adapting the original BBC drama, director Lee Myung Woo said, “When I first saw the original, I felt a numbness for several days. There was a powerful strength and message in the original. I thought it would be cool if it could be remade. When the remake opportunity came to me, I had to think about what parts of the original weren’t right for a Korean drama, since we have different societies and ways of expressing emotion. I had a lot of discussions with the writers about how to make it a Korean production.”

About his casting process, the director said, “If you’re a Korean director, wouldn’t you want to work with these actors here? When we first start planning a project and get the script, there are always actors that come first to mind. Hyun Soo is an ordinary college student but goes through huge changes through this incident. Kim Soo Hyun is an actor who creates a great sense of immersion. He also has a really similar name to the character, so he was the person I imagined as Hyun Soo from the start, but when he readily agreed to the casting offer, it felt like a dream.”

He continued, “I worked with Cha Seung Won in ‘You’re All Surrounded‘ and he has a charisma and flexibility that few Korean actors have. He can do any genre, whether it’s noir or comedy. Since this remake can feel too heavy at times, I wanted a character who could feel like a rest or respite from that, and Cha Seung Won was the first actor who came to mind. I called him and sent him the script, and he agreed to it that very night.”

Spoiler

kim-soo-hyun-one-ordinary-day.jpeg

Kim Soo Hyun said, “I was very moved by the original BBC drama ‘Criminal Justice.’ I watched with interest the American adaptation as well, and I wanted to try to put my own spin on Hyun Soo, the character first developed in the two previous versions. The original has its merits, but I wanted to try to make it my own. When I first heard about the project, I thought that this was my chance. I laid it all on the line for Hyun Soo. I felt so frustrated and sad and hurt and lost.”

Spoiler

cha-seung-won-one-ordinary-day.jpeg

Cha Seung Won said, “When I saw the original, my character was cold as ice on the outside, but you could feel the warmth in how he acted toward other people. I liked the depth that that added to the drama. This was something that our director translated well to Korean emotions and perspectives. I first agreed to this drama because of the director. I had a lot of good memories from working with him before. I had faith that if we ever worked together again, he would do well at bringing out the emotions and feelings of the acting I wanted to do.”

Spoiler

kim-sung-kyu-one-ordinary-day.jpeg

Kim Sung Kyu plays Do Ji Tae, one of the other prisoners. He said, “When I read the script, I liked that there was a message that made people think, but also that it moved at a good pace. Hyun Soo is at the center, but the stories of the other characters were also interesting. I was concerned about the role I had to play, but I took on the challenge. I didn’t feel pressured about playing a villain. He’s a criminal in prison, but he’s not a simple villain. He’s different from the roles I’d played before. He holds the reins of power in the prison. If I was a hyena before, now I’m a lion.”

“One Ordinary Day” premiered on November 27 at midnight KST and will be released every Saturday and Sunday at midnight KST.

source

Cha Seung Won Is Speechless To See Kim Soo Hyun In Handcuffs In “One Ordinary Day”

one-ordinary-day3.jpg

Coupang Play’s original series “One Ordinary Day” shared new stills ahead of the second episode!

A remake of BBC’s “Criminal Justice,” “One Ordinary Day” stars Kim Soo Hyun as Kim Hyun Soo, an ordinary college student whose life is turned upside down when he suddenly becomes the prime suspect in a murder case. Cha Seung Won stars as Shin Joong Han, a third-rate lawyer who barely passed the bar exam and is the only person who reaches out to help Kim Hyun Soo – while never asking him about the truth of what happened that fateful night.

Spoilers

In the first episode, Kim Hyun Soo became a murder suspect overnight, and Shin Joong Han appeared to save the day as his lawyer. Shin Joong Han held his hand out to Kim Hyun Soo, heralding the birth of an unexpected team.

However, despite the fact that Kim Hyun Soo now has a lawyer, he will experience turbulence in the next episode. Shin Joong Han, who hears that Kim Hyun Soo is being taken away, rushes to the scene. Kim Hyun Soo is in handcuffs as he’s dragged away by police officers. His masked face is filled with confusion, embarrassment, and frustration. Shin Joong Han watches with a gaping mouth, and he looks equally dumbfounded by the turn of events. Where is Kim Hyun Soo heading, and what did Shin Joong Han urgently tell him before he departed?

The drama’s producers praised the actors, saying, “Kim Soo Hyun and Cha Seung Won overwhelmingly creates every scene with their irrefutable acting skills and detailed expressions.” Then they added, “Please check out episode 2 to find out more about ‘One Ordinary Day,’ which will tell the story of ironic justice that changes according to each position.”

Episode 2 of “One Ordinary Day” will air on November 27 at 12 a.m. KST.

source

• Like 5
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

R21

R21 :laugh::laugh: thankfully its not R88! Maybe bcs its not about just s*x anymore it is plus something kinda triggering: the knifeeeeee that vague of lust & lost. But.. I think R19+ enough? 

I like the first episode! Intriguing

• Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

35 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I like both actors but why so many dramas airing all the same time?! :scaredpanda2: I would have to drop some dramas to watch this. I don't know if I can sustain the 8-9 dramas per week like our great masters.

HAHAHA just please don't choose to drop TKA :pandapray:

50 minutes ago, bairama said:

R21 :laugh::laugh: thankfully its not R88! Maybe bcs its not about just s*x anymore it is plus something kinda triggering: the knifeeeeee that vague of lust & lost. But.. I think R19+ enough? 

I like the first episode! Intriguing

I think in a more conservative Asian country, 21 is the "adult" age not "19". Hahahaha. I think we'll see more violence soon based on the preview Hyun Soo is being abused in jail.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Oh... has this started already? Dear me... I don't have time. Dang! 

Eh... I thought this was going to be on Netflix. 

From the looks of that preview, it is very similar to the British version. I thought they were going to take the one night stand out but apparently not. 

The number of dramas now showing is ridiculous.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Every time I google Cha Seung Won, I see such stylish photos on magazine covers and on the runways :love:

IIYZpSD.jpg

Now that I am finally watching one of his shows, I get this :shocked: Not only is he a third rate grungy looking lawyer, he is using disposable chopsticks to scratch between his toes because he has atopic dermatitis!

FrmwIaF.png?1

fAYebzV.png?1

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes.

Kim Hyun Soo - for now, I find it difficult to work up any sympathy for him. He takes his dad's taxi out illegally to meet his friends at a party. Along the way, a passenger boards his taxi. He turned around to say he is not picking passengers but is too soft to reject when it turns out to be a pretty girl. She is smoking, taking drugs, drinking and playing with knifes and still he stays. The sex looks great but hey, sometimes that's the price for a reckless one night stand.

Park Sang Beom (detective) - He looks like a fair person. Does he feel the pressure from his boss or does he genuinely believe that Hyun Soo is guilty?

Who's the killer? From these 2 episodes, the other potentials are the witness whose car Hyun Soo hit outside the dead girl's house and the girl's stepfather. But I don't discount Hyun Soo totally too. He had taken drugs and was drinking so he doesn't remember - if he doesn't remember, how can we be sure he didn't do it?

A good start. It's only 8 episodes so the pace should be good. Not watching or reading up on the original BBC version so as not to get spoilers.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

Park Sang Beom (detective) - He looks like a fair person. Does he feel the pressure from his boss or does he genuinely believe that Hyun Soo is guilty?

No way he is playing fair and out to do justice. This detective is super shady. He literally took an evidence from the crime scene (Hyun Soo's inhaler). Listening in on Hyun Soo's conversation with his parents. Tries to trick Hyun Soo into telling him more or get him to confess. Deliberately pick a top that would make Hyun Soo look bad in front of the judge.

It's one thing to exercise reasonable doubt on a prime suspect but it's entirely different when everything is done in with an agenda out to get Hyun Soo.

Have you seen Edward Norton and Richard Gere in Primal Fear? If you haven't, I highly recommend. Don't look for spoiler and check NF because it was available on NF before.

• Insightful 3