Law School 로스쿨 [2021]

Tofu

I died LOL-ed when Prof. Yang spat the water at Prosecutor Jin citing: "Your bullshit made me choke." :laugh:

I LOVE IT~ hahahahahahahahahaha

Seriously that boyfriend is disgusting. Can't believe I had to sit through his acting. That really angers me.

@ktcjdrama Joon Hwi saw the face of another man on CCTV, isn't it? It also seems like he recognise that man. Perhaps he is the one who killed his uncle.

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Wow, just exactly how much Kim Myung Min has memoried his lines to be able to continue on for so long w/o NG? BRAVOOO

He's known for his method acting. That's why I admire him so much :cool: Been impressed with him since Beethoven Virus. He learned how to conduct by studying conductors on video so as to take on the role more convincingly. Then for his movie Closer to Heaven, where he played a person with Lou Gehrig's Disease, he also studied a lot about it, and he did all the falling by himself without stunts. That's gotta hurt.

• Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Star Struck 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Kim Myung Min is so impressive! I think all the actors in Law School are too because I remember the BTS of them at the table talking, everyone just said their lines without any mistakes. I thought, if someone screwed up their lines, they were all going to have to re-do that scene but no one did. :LarvitarSDab1:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:laugh: I am less than 3 minutes into ep.13 but had to come here first to LOL.... you will know what I mean when you watch it.

Omg!! I laughed so much, my sister thought I was crazy. :laugh:

• Haha 3

I don’t know why, but I don’t wish for Lee Man Ho to die. And I hope he gets to meet his son eventually. 

Many viewers suspect that Prof.Kim is not trustworthy. That she holds the key and is the person who murdered Seo. What do you guys think? Personally, I think she is a genuine friend towards Yang, so I don’t think of her as a suspect, although I am super curious how is she close to James, who is in the US. And is he with Kang Dan? Does Kim has anything to do with them being in the US? Sent them there for safety? Then Kim should have met Kang Dan and should be able to recognize Sol as the twin. I still cannot decide if it’s believable that Kim has never met Dan when working on the Lee Man Ho clause. 

I love how when JH teased Yang that he actually could smile, Yang promptly credited his smile to the injection 😆

Finally, Ye Seul’s trial is done and closed. But why are we still seeing the jerk in the preview? 🙄 Is the case not over yet? This father-son set deserves to be imprisoned. I cannot wait for that day to come. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama @Tofu I have to admit I was all ???? as well with the explanation of reasonable doubts. Loved that even the judge looks to Prof. Yang for the help. Cute.

I don't know though if in court they are allowed to do what they did in the way the drama showed it. I mean first the way Prof. Yang makes Ye Seul speak up and then Kang Sol A sharing her opinions about the definition of self-defense. I thought the audiences always have to be silent in court. Anyway, a drama is still a drama in the end.

Here's the Q... is Lee Man Ho really the killer??? Felt kind of weird that all of the sudden the true killer is captured. So ok he may have been the one who kill but the true mastermind seems to be the Assemblyman...and why did he want Seo dead?

@ktcjdrama Because the lady prosecutor refused to appeal the court's decision on Ye Seul's case. This means his son is now guilty of sexual assault and this therefore ruins the reputation of his dad, and them kneeling down apologising to the nation is their (Korean) cheat way of trying to get away with their crimes. It's the trend in Korea to calm the Netizens' wrath - apologise, kneel and beg for forgiveness. Netizens will then forget. We have some good, live examples this year from actors of Joseon Exorcist and the bully scandals.

BTS

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I am in the middle of ep 10. Suddenly remember that yangcrates's case is somewhat similar to old case cyanide coffee murder back in 2016 here. A vicitm died after drinking a vietnamese iced coffee in a caffe. The case is so phenomenal and the most famous in that year. It took several months until the last verdict was issued. And I just realized this time in this law school, SBJ got killed by the coffee, but they use drugs instead of cyanide. Well, both pretty similar to me. Both Yangcrates and the cyanide coffee defendant of the case I mentioned are in the same difficult position, but here the defendant is not the real villain.

It was interesting back then, we watch the trial in the afternoon till evening, it became the national program all of a sudden. The rating even defeat the other shows even tv dramas. Lols. 

Ok back to our class topic. I love how the law professors here are teaching their students through their experiences, plagiarism, faked issues, murder and more. And the drama made it as if we are present as well as the students there. We watch and learn something from it.

And as every indictments to yangcrates one by one proved as false ones, I believe that the real murderer behind of this leads to Assembly Ko. He is really a real scumbag here. I think all the vase among the law school students and professors are linked to him in the end. Hmmm.. just my speculation tho. Haha. Yangcrates said we need to bring and state only the facts and clear evidences. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Whoa whoa whoa.....Kang Dan finally appeared!! Awesome...

That was a shocking ending to episode 14. I wasn't expecting it especially since she changed her name and all that. 

Did they say how Prof. Kim came to know Lee Man Ho's son? I was a bit distracted when I was watching so just checking to see if I missed anything. 

• Like 3
44 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Did they say how Prof. Kim came to know Lee Man Ho's son? I was a bit distracted when I was watching so just checking to see if I missed anything. 

No, but she said the person who arranged for James to the US is Assemblyman Ko. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

54 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

No, but she said the person who arranged for James to the US is Assemblyman Ko. 

Ahh! That's right. Assemblyman Ko sent him to the US so he can continue to control Lee Man Ho. 

12 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Why why why? Is Kang Dan actually Kang Sol??? 

Nope! Kang Dan changed her name to Erica Shin and has been practicing law in the US. She was their expert testimony at the constitution hearing (it has to do with the lawsuit Ji Ho filed against Prosecutor Jin). I think her role was to give examples of what other countries are doing in regardless to publication of suspected crimes. 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 5/30/2021 at 10:53 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

Yangcrates said we need to bring and state only the facts and clear evidences. 

Alice seems to be a good student. I can't remember anything Prof Yang taught lol.

I hope Assemblyman Ko is the instigator - it sure looks like him now that the motive is shown.

But Kim Eun Suk is odd. She obviously knows that James is Lee Man Ho's son and yet she does not divulge it even now. And how long was Lee Man Ho is prison - 10 years? So she has been "looking after" James for so long? Could she be protecting him? Anyone knows why she stepped down from the bench and became a lecturer?

Yang Jong Hoon should be suspicious now - Kim didn't know that he has seen James' photo... exciting!

• Haha 4

Awesome ending for episode 15!! I was fist-pumping and grinning from ear to ear. Didn't expect that twist coming...

This episode is very exciting. Quite a lot is answered in this episode and we finally get to see the big picture. It's just like Prof.Yang putting the pieces of puzzle together. The writer is really good in weaving the story intricately from the beginning until now. We see just how rotten a person Assemblyman Ko is. 

Can't wait for the finale to see the showdown between the people in Law School and Aseemblyman Ko, except that we still have to wait a week for it :shocked:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Omg, the ending for episode 15! :shocked2:

Like @ktcjdrama said, many things were answered in this episode. Assemblyman Ko is a horrible person and I'm curious to see if Prosecutor Jin is going to turn on him too. 

@Chocolate -- Prof. Kim gave them the Lee Man Ho Act in exchange for James. Essentially, if she gave them that, they would not look for or bother James. I don't remember why she step down. I'm a Kang Sol A, not a Kang Sol B so I didn't pay attention. :laugh:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I'm curious to see if Prosecutor Jin is going to turn on him too. 

I think he will, looks like the stuff that Yang share with him is eating at his conscience already. So he seems to be just a rigid law practitioner who isn't that smart to unknowingly be led by the nose by a crafty person. His character was actually quite a surprise turn for me. 

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Prof. Kim gave them the Lee Man Ho Act in exchange for James.

I have a renewed look on her. She is a smart one, a strategist and quite selfless too. She is willing to give up some Acts in order to achieve other more valuable things. The earlier Bad FaMa case, and then in this episode about the taking down video clip issue. She really does her role well as a Civil Law practitioner.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

She is a smart one, a strategist and quite selfless too.

Yes!! Even down to when she told Seung Jae she was going to push for permanent expulsion. Kang Sol B came by and said Prof. Kim must care for Seung Jae because pushing for that means he will get probation and not jail time (permanent expulsion is considered a harsh punishment). 

Prosecutor Jin wants the prestige but believed in the wrong person who would take him on the path to get that. He sold his conscience, this is karma for him. :niu:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I am so glad that I waited to binge-watch this but now I'm left hanging... with one episode to go. But it's okay Episode 15 was pretty good and seeing the cops traipsing through Assemblyman Ko's office with collection boxes was triumph itself. Yes, I'm sure he will try to weasel his way out of it as one expects of a strong adversary but at the very least taking him down for fake internet comments will be a considerable dent in his armour. He's a pro at manipulating public opinion so it's a crucial strike to weaken his chokehold plus he has got his own machinery working to ensure things go in his favour. 

Overall it's a really gripping crime show. The first half was more like an Agatha Christie-Murder on the Orient Express style whodunit peppered with lessons from the law. The second half has echoes of Beyond Evil and Stranger S1 to it. Especially Stranger. There's much more of cat and mouse game going on between the side of right and those who have aligned themselves with the kingpin. I'm really impressed with the Yang Jong-hoon character (the actor is great of course and his vocal delivery is to die for) in terms of him being a teacher, a lawyer and a crusader. All aspects of his personality are wonderfully integrated into the bigger storyline. As someone who has a background in education, I am in awe of how he's written. I'm a huge fan of the Socratic method myself but it's much more than that for Yang Jong-hoon. Teaching is life itself. Every moment can be a teaching moment. All of life is a classroom and we're all truly lifelong learners as seen for instance in Ye-seul's trial where the master himself explains "reasonable doubt" to the jury. On hindsight, (and I'm aiming for a rewatch) I am absolutely fascinated by his pedagogy... how he mentors and instructs every member of that study group in accordance to their ability and personality. For that alone, he is a great teacher. I will go away and contemplate on that and write more at another time. There's no doubting his mental acuity but at the heart of Yang Jong-hoon is a crusader and he wants to save as many people as he can but they have to learn to save themselves first. Like a good Socratic instructor, he wants them to find the answers for themselves not just to pass exams but to save themselves.

Professor Kim is amazing too. A really finely tuned character with the right balance of cunning, intelligence and kindness. I wish more older female characters were written in that vein. What a shrewd operator.

I cannot explain why except to say I love a good slow-burn but I am rooting so hard for Joon-hwi and Sol A. There has to be some kind of acknowledgement of the fact at the end... or otherwise... it's fanfic time again. Dang! The show gave us so many hints and moments between them that it's impossible to unsee what we've seen. And it's been a terribly long time that I badly want a romance to happen in a crime show. I feel almost the same with Sell Your Haunted House. It's as if the subtle build-up over time is far more tantalizing than when a couple kisses at Episode 5 or 8. Again, I hasten to add that I am fanatically fond of these kinds of partners-in-crime romances especially if the male lead likes the female lead first and he's the one doing all of the heavy-lifting. Sol A mightn't be academic but she's quite savvy like street smart and... sassy. I think that's what Yangcrates saw in her immediately and I imagine it's what Joon-hwi sees in her as well. 

Great fan edit...

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.