3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, JenL said:

Yeppp...I'm going to say although disappointed, I am not surprised this DVD didn't get the numbers for making given the fallout of the drama ending. I think more people would have loved it and ordered it in Korea alone, and also internationally if they had felt a deeper love for the ending. I felt like a lot of people couldn't justify the money when they couldn't get over the ending. :letalQQ:

But yeah, this drama was beautiful and I wish people would have realised the healing power of the behind the scenes for the ending. Like those additional scenes would have made everyone happier :heart:

True. And because of this, I am quite anxious with regards to the kbs awards. 😔

They could have just released it in some other platform, willing to pay. 😂 

It's just frustrating that they have to rush the ending like that after it was nicely written from ep 1-15. I thank the actors for doing their part well but sometimes I feel sad that their efforts were thwarted by the ending. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Also a bit skeptic with the awards..... atleast we tried again right?

Wish we had a time machine right about now and professor X's telepathy and mind control power so that we can go to the writers head and rewrite episode 15 and 16... 😅

Atleast the soundtrack will be released (not the same tho😥)

If only we have someone inside KBS or monster studio to get our hands on those BTS :lenny: 

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

That's right. We did our best. 

Now I am wishing for a season 2 instead 😅  just so the writers could redeem the story,  although sadly *realityhits* it's not gonna happen. 😔

22 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

Atleast the soundtrack will be released (not the same tho😥)

If only we have someone inside KBS or monster studio to get our hands on those BTS :lenny: 

I love the ost as well but I will pass on this one as I could listen to spotify 😅

Yeah anyone knows any insider? 😅

*desperatemoves* 

• Like 4

It was really good idea @JenL regarding BTS of Dodosolsollalasol..they could make it as paid contents on their YT channel or other platforms. It's seems the cafe will be closed at January 1st, 2021(as stated on their notification) and I think they still be available until all the refunds are finished. So maybe we could suggest it to them. 

Yess @twinkler0415 @purplefin at least we already try what we could do to support them:heart:

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 4
7 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

It was really good idea @JenL regarding BTS of Dodosolsollalasol..they could make it as paid contents on their YT channel or other platforms. It's seems the cafe will be closed at January 1st, 2021(as stated on their notification) and I think they still be available until all the refunds are finished. So maybe we could suggest it to them. 

Yess @twinkler0415 @purplefin at least we already try what we could do to support them:heart:

Yeah, maybe someone could suggest. Not a member of cafe daum 😔

Binge-watching all their netflix/swoon games (again and again) just to make me feel better. 😆😂

• Like 4
11 hours ago, purplefin said:

And because of this, I am quite anxious with regards to the kbs awards.

Me too! :letalQQ: I feel like that's sort of a lot that has weighed down this drama because of the ending, even though the series was streamed on Netflix, which should have given it a bigger network of viewers. I'm hoping people still liked GAR and LJW and felt sad about the ending and want vote them both as a couple. :hearties:

11 hours ago, purplefin said:

It's just frustrating that they have to rush the ending like that after it was nicely written from ep 1-15. I thank the actors for doing their part well but sometimes I feel sad that their efforts were thwarted by the ending. 

I actually don't think they rushed the ending...I just thought they made weird choices to be experimental and "different" but it was not fair to viewers in what they choose to do. People don't like investing in things emotionally only to feel tricked at the end, which I've found to be the main reaction to this drama. 

I thank the actors for doing their part well but sometimes I feel sad that their efforts were thwarted by the ending. 

THIS. This is how I've felt the whole time. It makes me sad because it was such a lovely drama and they played their characters so well. But it seems like when someone new asks if it was a good drama and whether they should watch it, it's hard to give a definitive positive reaction and not mention the ending because you know how a new viewer will feel when they finish it, even if you love the series and have made peace with the end. So you're right, no matter the chemistry, sweetness and good acting of the cast, it feels a bit sad that this is what the series sometimes gets reduced to. :cry:

11 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Well, I feel like I put out my full effort on this, so hopefully it's helped in some way? :MewWave:

At least the soundtrack will be released (not the same tho)

If only we have someone inside KBS or monster studio to get our hands on those BTS  

Trying to be hopeful...maybe they'll release some goodies with the OST :idk: 

Hahaha, anyone friends with people in the TV world in Korea? :laugh:

10 hours ago, Just_Me said:

If anyone is part of the fan cafe, please suggest! I didn't really understand how to join the fan cafe and just paid through the pre-order link. Hmm, or if anyone teaches me how to join the fan cafe (though don't know if they would accept new members now), I could try asking if you can ask things in English. But realistically I wouldn't be too hopeful since I don't think they're as flexible as we'e like.

• Like 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

7 minutes ago, JenL said:

If anyone is part of the fan cafe, please suggest! I didn't really understand how to join the fan cafe and just paid through the pre-order link. Hmm, or if anyone teaches me how to join the fan cafe (though don't know if they would accept new members now), I could try asking if you can ask things in English. But realistically I wouldn't be too hopeful since I don't think they're as flexible as we'e like.

I can try to suggest it but not hope too much, cause it seems the team already give up:duckpout:. Maybe we could leave messages(DM) on their insta account too..so they could consider it. 

Cause maybe many international fans are interested but the shipping fee just too expensive (it cost almost half the price for shipping to some countries) 

I still have hope for KBS drama awards haha..but maybe have to prepare for the worst. Since GA rarely come to awards shows except for her drama promotion. But I want to believe that they won best couple so they will come haha

Hahaha, this drama make me trough a lot 

Read this article and I know I would find Dodosolsollalasol there

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/disappointing-k-drama-endings-according-redditors/

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I still have hope for KBS drama awards haha..but maybe have to prepare for the worst. Since GA rarely come to awards shows except for her drama promotion. But I want to believe that they won best couple so they will come haha

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/disappointing-k-drama-endings-according-redditors/

Really? GA rarely go to awards? Maybe because she hasnt been the lead in a long time?.... hope she goes this time. But becuase of the pandemic I dont think she will be beside LJW (as i saw some clips from previous awards the couple nominated together sits beside each other)😔 still hoping they atleast present an award so that they will go to stage together, arms interlocked :lenny: 

I read the article. Atleast some big drama names are  there 😅 

Just saw this on YouTube. Hopefully DDSSLLS gets alot of award. Maybe because the way the writer wrote the ending, gave this drama more buzz? 😁

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
6 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

@JenL maybe I can try to ask the cafe? Can you help me with the right words to say? I think the team is just using a translator for english comments/post. Last time I tried to ask something, they replied they cannot understand what Im trying to say but they got some of the idea I was trying to ask

Hmmm, I definitely don't know Korean, so not helpful in that way. But it's it English, maybe it would be best to keep it simple. Maybe I'll try sending you something. Let me have a think first :thinking:

6 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I can try to suggest it but not hope too much, cause it seems the team already give up. Maybe we could leave messages(DM) on their insta account too..so they could consider it. 

Cause maybe many international fans are interested but the shipping fee just too expensive (it cost almost half the price for shipping to some countries) 

Yeah, I'm not banking my hopes on it either, but I always like to try before I give up completely. I do feel surprised that they haven't thought of doing this before since they charge people to live stream stuff like award shows. 400 people showing interest isn't a small amount (though it's not huge either)...but it could still be profitable. I feel like you're right - it would have been expensive shipping wise, which also stopped people. :psweatduck:

Hahaha, although I love this drama a lot, I think I'm learning not to hope for too much since all my dreams are being dashed! :letalQQ::laugh: Really GAR doesn't come to award shows a lot? I would have thought that stars would attend if they were drama leads as a thank you to the channel for showing their works and also in case they win something given they're not usually informed before the awards? But I don't really know how it works with Korean drama awards, more with Taiwanese drama awards. I feel like LJW goes to a lot...but he's been winning a lot of Rookie of the Year awards. :BulbaOWO: 

Hahaha yep, this drama has given me a lot of happiness and pain simultaneously :heart::KittyGun:

I always seem to be deeply invested in dramas and drama pairings that give me this level of pain too...what is wrong with my selections? :idk:  Like there's been at least one other drama I loved on this level where the final arc of the drama also became Makjang but I also couldn't let go of the pairing! The good thing about that drama was that several years later the actors worked on another project together (I still preferred their first project, but was happy to see them working together again...also second project was very risque, so people were super happy :smug::laugh::hearties:) Haha, I can only hope that one day GAR and LJW work together again!

Hahaha, yes, the reddit thread was intense. And so were other forums. I don't blame people for feeling that way though because it was such a bizarre way to end a drama that was very fun, light-hearted and consistent till the last arc. Meh, I'm going to think about all the parts I liked about this drama instead though. Back to watching BTS and game videos! :idk:

3 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

But becuase of the pandemic I dont think she will be beside LJW (as i saw some clips from previous awards the couple nominated together sits beside each other) still hoping they atleast present an award so that they will go to stage together, arms interlocked 

Just saw this on YouTube. Hopefully DDSSLLS gets alot of award. Maybe because the way the writer wrote the ending, gave this drama more buzz?

Thanks for sharing! Ah, yes, pandemic makes everything a bit different. I think if they both went, they would be placed next to each other since they only worked on this porject for KBS but they'd be spaced out since there's social distancing for everything at the moment. Hopefully they get to present something :heart: Wow, so many dramas...I don't think I've heard of half of them except Forest and Zombie Detective. I don't know if it was the strongest project on the network, but I do hope they get some recognition :hearties:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

@twinkler0415 it's seems the digital version is not possible too for now..the cafe daum admin said that's not part of the plan..maybe they already disheartened by the results of the PO if making DVD..it's sad but not unexpected

Ah, sad :letalQQ: I think it's because they didn't think of it and setting it up now would cost money. 

Well, I guess there's still a few BTS videos that no one subbed. If I find people interested in translating, I'll sub them for you guys as a cheer up present :)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

@twinkler0415 it's seems the digital version is not possible too for now..the cafe daum admin said that's not part of the plan..maybe they already disheartened by the results of the PO if making DVD..it's sad but not unexpected:cry:

I saw your comment on the cafe. I also inquired regarding the digital copy instead..... not part of the plan the admin replied. I guess it's too late to change plan. Imagine all their hardwork resulting to this... they are definitely disheartened. 😔 And will definitely cost money to set it up as @JenL said

Thank you @JenL looking forward to seeing what's left of the BTS... :cry:

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, JenL said:

I actually don't think they rushed the ending...I just thought they made weird choices to be experimental and "different" but it was not fair to viewers in what they choose to do. People don't like investing in things emotionally only to feel tricked at the end, which I've found to be the main reaction to this drama. 

You've got a point, they want it to be unique, which I think it was (though not all accepted it positively).   The writers probably want it back to be in the  romcom mode in the end, but the audience were not ready for the fast change of moods and it felt like you said some sort of trick and  left  people confused. 

I remember the scene were Rara and Jun first reunited, that was more heartfelt and believable if that was the same reaction  they had when they saw each again 5 years later. But they still wanted the element of comedy, hence  Jun's reaction seeing Rara and Rara's notion than Jun might be a ghost. 😅

21 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Same 🤣

They said it was a healing drama but I never got this stressed and frustrated before. 😅😂😆🤣 still love them. 🥰

21 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Since GA rarely come to awards shows except for her drama promotion. But I want to believe that they won best couple so they will come haha

Really?  She rarely attends? She always have at least like one drama a year. 😅

Maybe she's too private. She's been an actress since her teen years. 

We don't have the BTS dvd anymore,  😔 so it's better if they win. 😁 And even better if they attend the awards (together). 😄

9 hours ago, Just_Me said:

it's seems the digital version is not possible too for now..the cafe daum admin said that's not part of the plan..maybe they already disheartened by the results of the PO if making DVD..it's sad but not unexpected:cry:

Awww. That's sad.  I wish they would still release it to those who preordered. I mean, it's still money 😅.

Anyone can hack kbs? 🤣😂

17 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Just saw this on YouTube. Hopefully DDSSLLS gets alot of award. Maybe because the way the writer wrote the ending, gave this drama more buzz? 😁

Hopefully. 😊 But there are a lot of contenders as well 😱. Wishing for a miracle. 🙏

Though I sometimes noticed, Koreans have different tastes in dramas as well. There are dramas which they favour more and some are not even the popular ones. On the other hand, there are dramas who are loved by international fans which the koreans don't find appealing. Who knows,  maybe luck will be on our side. We shall see. 😊

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, purplefin said:

They said it was a healing drama but I never got this stressed and frustrated before. 😅😂😆🤣 still love them. 🥰

Maybe she's too private. She's been an actress since her teen years. 

We don't have the BTS dvd anymore,  😔 so it's better if they win. 😁 And even better if they attend the awards (together). 😄

Awww. That's sad.  I wish they would still release it to those who preordered. I mean, it's still money 😅.

Anyone can hack kbs? 🤣😂

They promoted this as a healing drama, I guess the actors have no idea the story would go to that direction 😅 I remember when they aired episode 15 (when we discovered he had cancer), I read one comment of a fan saying "maybe its healing in a sense of the cancer healing too"...... so funny 🤣

same here never been stressed or frustrated before with a drama. still love them tho!

We need Marco of Memories of Alhambra to hack KBS 😅

I also wish they still did it for those who preordered it. Its almost $20,000 , if lets say 400 ordered it. Thats still alot of money... they should have extended the preorder period because there are still some  who recently finished the drama... maybe its too early for the DVD to be promoted? Or not... I saw in the cafe a promotion for Record of Youth, and still no good news upto now. But they are aiming for the Director's Cut DVD. 

I noticed that too with GAR, she's to private. Guess she doesnt need to do anything for her to be recognized, she's like a household name already because she's been in the industry for a long long long time

Though I sometimes noticed, Koreans have different tastes in dramas as well. There are dramas which they favour more and some are not even the popular ones. On the other hand, there are dramas who are loved by international fans which the koreans don't find appealing. Who knows,  maybe luck will be on our side. We shall see. 😊

I noticed that too.  There are dramas that is very popular in Korea but not so loved internationally and dramas which korenas dont love but is loved by international fans

• Like 3
On 12/19/2020 at 2:13 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Really? GA rarely go to awards? Maybe because she hasnt been the lead in a long time?

On 12/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, JenL said:

Really GAR doesn't come to award shows a lot? I would have thought that stars would attend if they were drama leads as a thank you to the channel for showing their works and also in case they win something given they're not usually informed before the awards?

13 hours ago, purplefin said:

Yes, back then she used to go to awards shows when she's nominated but after Reply 1994 era she rarely came to awards show except for promoting her drama like when she and L came as awards presenter at Baeksang Art Awards before Miss Hammurabi aired. Before Haechi aired, she and Jung Il Woo also came as presenters. The last one also as presenters of a music awards at early 2019. Maybe because lately most of her drama are on cable network that don't have awards show. But as long as I know even when she's nominated for her drama Hwarang and Haechi which aired at public broadcaster she's didn't attend it too. So I hope she win awards this time so she will feel bad if she's not coming hahaha

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 3

Yes, back then she used to go to awards shows when she's nominated but after Reply 1994 era she rarely came to awards show except for promoting her drama like when she and L came as awards presenter at Baeksang Art Awards before Miss Hammurabi aired. Before Haechi aired, she and Jung Il Woo also came as presenters. The last one also as presenters of a music awards at early 2019. Maybe because lately most of her drama are on cable network that don't have awards show. But as long as I know even when she's nominated for her drama Hwarang and Haechi which aired at public broadcaster she's didn't attend it too. So I hope she win awards this time so she will feel bad if she's not coming hahaha

I really hope she comes this year or better, hope she comes with LJW! (Its ok to dream a grand one) :laugh:

Off topic, did anyone cancel their order of the DVD yet? 

• Like 2
21 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I guess it's too late to change plan. Imagine all their hardwork resulting to this... they are definitely disheartened. And will definitely cost money to set it up as @JenL said

Thank you @JenL looking forward to seeing what's left of the BTS... 

I just wanted to Thank you @twinkler0415 and @Just_Me for trying to ask anyway! :BulbaOWO::hearties: I felt a little sad about this the other day. But I must have a lot of resilience for this drama because I'm ok now! I feel like there's no point feeling sad about this since there's nothing we can do to change it and we should just appreciate all the nice things we did get out of this drama. Honestly, just re-watching the Netflix Games made me happy because a lot of other drama stars didn't do half as many videos...And they were always so cuteeee

sD4xMuR.gif

I've just done an audit of all the behind the scenes videos and I think there's 2 BTS videos with GAR teaching LJW how to play piano which look cute that no one has subbed (which have more dialogue). There's a few other videos with less dialogue...which I guess I'll see if there's any point in subbing if anyone says its worth translating in the end (some BTS are just shots of different takes of nice scenes ie. them hugging, as opposed to them talking in between takes) Anyway, I'll get at least one subbed before Christmas since I asked someone to translate...they said to give them 3 days :)

14 hours ago, purplefin said:

You've got a point, they want it to be unique, which I think it was (though not all accepted it positively).   The writers probably want it back to be in the  romcom mode in the end, but the audience were not ready for the fast change of moods and it felt like you said some sort of trick and  left  people confused. 

Mmm, I felt like it was more the other way around. The audience wanted it to be more romcom, but the writers wanted high drama. I think the audience could do the fast change of mood, but needed more explanation, which the writer's were not willing to give. :letalQQ:

Haha, my friend felt demotivated after episode 14 and recently read the ending...her reaction as she messaged me having found out for the first time was priceless :laugh:

They said it was a healing drama but I never got this stressed and frustrated before.  still love them.

Hahaha, I agree! This drama has given me waves of tension over and over again :laugh: Well, I guess watching LJW and GAR is healing, even if the story wasn't in the final arc! :idk:

Though I sometimes noticed, Koreans have different tastes in dramas as well. There are dramas which they favour more and some are not even the popular ones. On the other hand, there are dramas who are loved by international fans which the koreans don't find appealing. Who knows,  maybe luck will be on our side. We shall see.

Yep sometimes the tastes are very different - Weightlifting Fairy did very poorly when it was aired in Korea, but it was HUGE internationally. It gave NJH the boost to continue playing male lead characters. However, with that said I'm pretty sure the reactions were the same from Korean fans....sooo, I'm just managing my expectations :heiboi:

13 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I read one comment of a fan saying "maybe its healing in a sense of the cancer healing too"...... so funny

same here never been stressed or frustrated before with a drama. still love them tho!

Hahaha, I feel like I said that too at some point. Well it was cancer healing I guess :laugh:

13 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I also wish they still did it for those who preordered it. Its almost $20,000 , if lets say 400 ordered it. Thats still alot of money... they should have extended the preorder period because there are still some  who recently finished the drama... maybe its too early for the DVD to be promoted? Or not... I saw in the cafe a promotion for Record of Youth, and still no good news upto now. But they are aiming for the Director's Cut DVD. 

It's also $20,000 USD, not won, so you'd think it would count for something. Yeah, it was a relatively short pre-order period, though I don't know if it would have made a difference to be honest. I think there were two points in the drama where the fall out was bad - the reveal of his age, and the ending. I personally love the drama, but those were the points where I saw fans get quartered, and it's sad because the drama was so lovely and would have survived the first hurdle, if there wasn't a second one to boot. :letalQQ:

Not surprised.

You need to have good insight to appreciate this drama.

Hahaha, I think you need time to process and to really think about and accept what you saw...and then remember the beauty of the first 12 episodes! :hearties:

But as long as I know even when she's nominated for her drama Hwarang and Haechi which aired at public broadcaster she's didn't attend it too. So I hope she win awards this time so she will feel bad if she's not coming hahaha

Hmmm, did those dramas win? Maybe they do know beforehand, so if she knew she wasn't going to win, she thought she didn't have to bother going. Or maybe she was sick? :thinking:

28 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

Off topic, did anyone cancel their order of the DVD yet? 

Do you have to manually cancel? I thought they would automatically refund it :thinking:

• Heart Eyes 1

52 minutes ago, JenL said:

I just wanted to Thank you @twinkler0415 and @Just_Me for trying to ask anyway! :BulbaOWO::hearties: I felt a little sad about this the other day. But I must have a lot of resilience for this drama because I'm ok now! I feel like there's no point feeling sad about this since there's nothing we can do to change it and we should just appreciate all the nice things we did get out of this drama. Honestly, just re-watching the Netflix Games made me happy because a lot of other drama stars didn't do half as many videos...And they were always so cuteeee

sD4xMuR.gif

I've just done an audit of all the behind the scenes videos and I think there's 2 BTS videos with GAR teaching LJW how to play piano which look cute that no one has subbed (which have more dialogue). There's a few other videos with less dialogue...which I guess I'll see if there's any point in subbing if anyone says its worth translating in the end (some BTS are just shots of different takes of nice scenes ie. them hugging, as opposed to them talking in between takes) Anyway, I'll get at least one subbed before Christmas since I asked someone to translate...they said to give them 3 days :)

Mmm, I felt like it was more the other way around. The audience wanted it to be more romcom, but the writers wanted high drama. I think the audience could do the fast change of mood, but needed more explanation, which the writer's were not willing to give. :letalQQ:

Haha, my friend felt demotivated after episode 14 and recently read the ending...her reaction as she messaged me having found out for the first time was priceless :laugh:

Hahaha, I agree! This drama has given me waves of tension over and over again :laugh: Well, I guess watching LJW and GAR is healing, even if the story wasn't in the final arc! :idk:

No problem @JenL, though nothing has changed atleast we tried 😉

Soo excited to see that BTS! Thank you @JenL 🥰 

What was your friend's reaction? Im curious 😆

Im also rewatching some clips from the swoon (specifically the beach scene) and it made me feel alot better 😄.... the writers need alot of explaining! They just cant expect the fans to know what they are thinking. I hope they have something in store for everyone (season 2! Hahaha) they should have never advertised it as a romcom if they were planning high drama...

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Do you have to manually cancel? I thought they would automatically refund it :thinking:

I think we have to cancel it manually. I think i read a comment of the admin of the cafe saying to cancel it manually instead of bulk refund? I think it says something like that. I haven't canceled it hoping for a miracle lol!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, JenL said:

However, with that said I'm pretty sure the reactions were the same from Korean fans....sooo, I'm just managing my expectations :heiboi:

Oh well. What can we do. 😅 But I do hope their acting and chemistry will be recognised despite of how the drama ended.  It's one of the" best acted" dramas I have seen..and one of the best ensemble too. 😊

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Yeah, it was a relatively short pre-order period, though I don't know if it would have made a difference to be honest. I think there were two points in the drama where the fall out was bad - the reveal of his age, and the ending. I personally love the drama, but those were the points where I saw fans get quartered, and it's sad because the drama was so lovely and would have survived the first hurdle, if there wasn't a second one to boot. :letalQQ:

I agree. A lot were put off regarding Jun's age. At first, I honestly thought that the flow of the story will be mainly on that direction and defying all odds, until I have noticed the increasing occurence of nosebleeds which had me thinking, oh he's going on the sick route. Then I remember, they said it's a romcom so they wouldn't have the main lead dead. 😅. But I did have my doubts, especially about the story of the "I want you" piano piece- that they might do the ending just like it. (I tend to overanalyse sometimes 😅😂🤣). 

This drama kept me on the edge and it had me thinking what's going to happen next and the excitement when you get your hunches right 😅... but... d*mn if they're wrong or unexpected 🤣 (Pardon my language 😆

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Hmmm, did those dramas win? Maybe they do know beforehand, so if she knew she wasn't going to win, she thought she didn't have to bother going.

I have a feeling that this might be the case. I mean they mostly prerecord their shows (variety, interviews, etc), so she might have an idea?  🤔

And she has not won for a long time, even though she got nominated almost every year. 

I think we have to cancel it manually. I think i read a comment of the admin of the cafe saying to cancel it manually instead of bulk refund? I think it says something like that. I haven't canceled it hoping for a miracle lol!

I haven't cancelled mine too for the same reasons. 😅😂

---------

Also on the netflix/swoon games, I love how LJW gives her the teasing look and stares at her like a lovestruck boy. 😂🤩

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hahahaha, I swear, I love this drama but there's definitely a curse on it :laugh:

So. My story is my friend, knowing I liked DDSSLLS a lot and am a sucker or cute things, bought me some stickers and keyrings of Jun's bear keyring...And then it was mailed to me....but the mailing company lost the parcel :letalQQ: They've said they'll look for it or replace it, so we'll see what happens. The brand is Sasim if anyone likes cute things and was interested btw.

I'm not sure if it's 2020 since a lot of things have been stuffed up this year in the world....or if it's just the curse set by the writer of DDSSLLS :laugh: 

KhJjy86.jpg

12 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

No problem @JenL, though nothing has changed atleast we tried 😉

Thanks for trying! It was really good of you given the language barrier and at least you know there wasn't another option instead of finding out another option was possible but it was too late to ask. :hearties: It must have been disappointing for everyone working on the DVD. I noticed they put in a lot of work into making pretty graphics and posted daily, even more than some other K drama DVD campaigns :( Anyway, since the graphics were so pretty, I've taken some of those and altered for own use now since they had stills that weren't released by KBS sometimes :idk:

What was your friend's reaction? Im curious

Hahaha, she messaged me like this: WTFFFFF :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I haven't cancelled mine too for the same reasons.

Ah, I see. There's a button to cancel order from the Yes global website. Hmmm, They've close the Twitter account now, so I don't know about a miracle, unfortunately :PikaRIP:

I agree. A lot were put off regarding Jun's age. At first, I honestly thought that the flow of the story will be mainly on that direction and defying all odds, until I have noticed the increasing occurence of nosebleeds which had me thinking, oh he's going on the sick route. Then I remember, they said it's a romcom so they wouldn't have the main lead dead

Ahhh, those hurdles, which cost them DVD sales in the end. Though maybe the writer doesn't care? Hmmm, you'd think they would have thought about that when writing. It did make me feel slightly better that I think you or @twinkler0415 mentioned that Record of Youth didn't look like they got a DVD out of that series either and PBG is an even bigger star. I heard there was a fallout with that ending as well since it was a breakup-open ending. ah writers who don't want extra cash. :lenny:

Thinking about the DVD, I feel like there were a few other problems besides the fall outs with the drama though. I also think the cafe was not user friend for non-Korean fans interested in buying, even though they advertised in English and Japanese as well. But I guess this isn't unusual because the fan cafe system is always tough given the language barrier and not all fans have that level of commitment to figure out how to buy, especially since it's expensive. I thought it could have helped if they just put the link in the centre of the page and said "Order for International fans." :thinking: 

Also in the age of digital, I think all dramas should start thinking of paid streaming or digital download copies of additional scenes and Makings (after the drama is finished...they should still release freebies when airing) because I feel like people would be interested if it was an option! :BulbaOWO:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Oh well. What can we do. 😅 But I do hope their acting and chemistry will be recognised despite of how the drama ended.  It's one of the" best acted" dramas I have seen..and one of the best ensemble too. 😊

I agree. A lot were put off regarding Jun's age. At first, I honestly thought that the flow of the story will be mainly on that direction and defying all odds, until I have noticed the increasing occurence of nosebleeds which had me thinking, oh he's going on the sick route. Then I remember, they said it's a romcom so they wouldn't have the main lead dead. 😅. But I did have my doubts, especially about the story of the "I want you" piano piece- that they might do the ending just like it. (I tend to overanalyse sometimes 😅😂🤣). 

This drama kept me on the edge and it had me thinking what's going to happen next and the excitement when you get your hunches right 😅... but... d*mn if they're wrong or unexpected 🤣 (Pardon my language 😆

Also on the netflix/swoon games, I love how LJW gives her the teasing look and stares at her like a lovestruck boy. 😂🤩

Me too, I hope people would look past the poor choices of the writer on the ending and just focus on the actors great job. 

I also thought the story would focus on defying odds on age gap. I also kept on telling myself thats its a romcom, the writers wont put illness in the plot! Mehn was I wrong! I never get anything right with the plot! :laugh:

The 'i want you' piece also gave me a little doubt that they will have a happy ending. Haha especially Jun's face while cleaning after the party just when the voice over of Rara  finished saying 'that woman was famous among men blah blah', his face suddenly lost glow

12 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahahaha, I swear, I love this drama but there's definitely a curse on it :laugh:

So. My story is my friend, knowing I liked DDSSLLS a lot and am a sucker or cute things, bought me some stickers and keyrings of Jun's bear keyring...And then it was mailed to me....but the mailing company lost the parcel :letalQQ: They've said they'll look for it or replace it, so we'll see what happens. The brand is Sasim if anyone likes cute things and was interested btw.

I'm not sure if it's 2020 since a lot of things have been stuffed up this year in the world....or if it's just the curse set by the writer of DDSSLLS :laugh: 

KhJjy86.jpg

Ooooh! Thats so nice!!! I will look into that 🥰

That a good one 'DDSSLLS curse' :laugh: 

not having my hope's high again on the KBS award, maybe there is really a curse set by the writer. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 12/19/2020 at 3:13 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Wow that's a lot of dramas nominated for Wed/Thur drama haha...I feel like DDSSLLS looks so chill among the nominees and the serious bgm...from its title to its poster...and those who didn't watch it, have no idea how much we went through for it. 

As I watched the nominees for the Special Drama category...I can't help but reading the titles "How to buy a friend" as "How to buy a win for ddsslls" or "The joys and sorrows of work" into "The joys and sorrows of watching ddsslls" 

On 12/20/2020 at 7:16 AM, purplefin said:

IKR and I was looking forward to watch GAR's first ever romcom so I could enjoy a lightweight drama after her back to back heavier roles. And she was proving me right at the beginning for sure...but yeah I still love the drama overall. But then again, it has brought two actors I like being co-stars so I'm still very happy. haha. 

On 12/19/2020 at 11:11 AM, Just_Me said:

I didn't know these popular dramas would have similar fate as DDSSLLS! I've only watched Cheese in the Trap from the list and I vaguely remember what was the ending honestly...I guess perhaps why it was on the list...endings best to be forgotten. 

On 12/20/2020 at 4:31 PM, Just_Me said:

Yeah I noticed it too...after Reply 1994 in 2013, GAR was 23yo, not only hardly go on awards show but also reality show where she's actually really entertaining! Just watch her in Running Man's earlier episodes. Perhaps she has done a lot already as a child actor starting with well-received debut in Sharp as Ok-rim in 2003 when she was 13yo so now, she can be more selective too. But I do hope to see her make KBS awards appearance for DDSSLLS though...she's the main lead character that without RaRa...how can LJW alone as Jun represent the drama right if he decides to go. Just doesn't feel right. 

On 12/20/2020 at 10:14 PM, JenL said:

Hurray! Yes I remember there were short bts of piano scenes! Looking forward to it! :hearties:

A lot were put off regarding Jun's age. At first, I honestly thought that the flow of the story will be mainly on that direction and defying all odds, until I have noticed the increasing occurence of nosebleeds which had me thinking, oh he's going on the sick route. Then I remember, they said it's a romcom so they wouldn't have the main lead dead. 😅. But I did have my doubts, especially about the story of the "I want you" piano piece- that they might do the ending just like it. (I tend to overanalyse sometimes 😅😂🤣). 

We were all on our edges by the time we saw the nosebleed then Grandpa remarked about him being too young to have it often...and then I kinda switched off my overthinking mind after the discussion and reminded myself to enjoy the drama unless the worst has come...which it did eventually haha. We all did well I'd say...we helped to heal each other to stay calm throughout the chaos thrown at us by the writer. 

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Eek! I love this keyring! I was looking at its IG page just today and wondering if they ship internationally. From what I checked, they ship within SK only. Hmm... 

11 hours ago, JenL said:

LOL. I don't blame her. 

11 hours ago, JenL said:

Also in the age of digital, I think all dramas should start thinking of paid streaming or digital download copies of additional scenes and Makings (after the drama is finished...they should still release freebies when airing) because I feel like people would be interested if it was an option! :BulbaOWO:

IKR. It's the most effective, still reaching directly to fans and these will be paid content anyway. So get working on it already. Tsk. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, JenL said:

Thinking about the DVD, I feel like there were a few other problems besides the fall outs with the drama though. I also think the cafe was not user friend for non-Korean fans interested in buying, even though they advertised in English and Japanese as well. But I guess this isn't unusual because the fan cafe system is always tough given the language barrier

12 hours ago, JenL said:

Thinking about the DVD, I feel like there were a few other problems besides the fall outs with the drama though. I also think the cafe was not user friend for non-Korean fans interested in buying, even though they advertised in English and Japanese as well. But I guess this isn't unusual because the fan cafe system is always tough given the language barrier and not all fans have that level of commitment to figure out how to buy, especially since it's expensive. I thought it could have helped if they just put the link in the centre of the page and said "Order for International fans." :thinking: 

So true about the cafe, its kinda hard to figure out plus the language barrier. The promotional team really did amazing. They never lack the part on promoting it. I guess people dont feel like paying extra for a DVD when it can be downloaded/streamed for free. 

Someone should really suggest paid streaming/digital download to the TV networks  Lol!

• Like 2