3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

On 12/1/2020 at 1:44 AM, stroppyse said:

This scene was reminiscent of a virtual duet that the American singer Natalie Cole did at one of her concerts with her deceased father Nat King Cole on one of his greatest hits.  I heard that there was not a dry eye in the house, and it became a radio hit in the US when it aired. I put the clip of it in the spoiler.

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful clips here:pandalove:

On 12/1/2020 at 10:46 AM, eNDe said:

Hahaha...so creative! And I like the compilation of the 3 meetings between Jun and RaRa! 

Hahaha, yes they are so creative. KBSdrama YT channel also released two 11minutes length compilation clips of Jun and Rara yesterday:laugh:

18 hours ago, JenL said:

I think I've recovered sufficiently to not feel so much over the ending or time has finally started to heal my feelings enough for me to feel pretty nostalgic for all the things I love. Or it's just my love of BTS videos got me motivated enough to sub the last BTS :)

Yaaaayyy...:Party01:..I am considering to rewatch it since it's Wednesday and still haven't pick a drama to watch haha..:MewGiggle:

18 hours ago, JenL said:

Thanks once again @stroppyse for the translations! And not sure if you've seen this already @Just_Me, but here's a Youtube version for anyone who still hasn't seen the subbed final BTS

Thank you so much for the subbed video.. already watch it on your YT channel too and thank you for also sharing the OST clips :love:

• Like 5
11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's interesting that in the earlier BTS', GAR seemed more comfortable with Dr. Cha than LJW actually as they laughed and teased each other. However, in the later BTS', GAR and LJW seem a lot more comfortable with each other. I think it may be because LJW is so reserved or shy perhaps? GAR seems to be a much more outgoing personality, plus she is a noona to LJW both in RL (30 y.o. and 22 y.o.) and in the drama (24 y.o. and 19 y.o. at the start of the drama). Not sure you can do that many kiss scenes without becoming somewhat more comfortable with each other?

After following her work (including the BTS haha) for pretty long time, I got this impression that GA easier to close and more comfortable working with co-stars that younger than her, and with co-stars that much older (with pretty big age gap) than her. But this is just my opinion haha, maybe @eNDe could tell us more..

LJW seems like shy person and very polite (it's cute he keep calling GA as Rara sunbaenim even on BTS:pandalove:, on other drama BTS usually actors called eachother with their character's name without honorific title) but seeing how their interaction on interviews and Swoon's content (even LJW casually tease GA about her age on one of KBS interview) I think they've close enough to do multiple kiss scenes comfortably:heart:

In the last BTS, at sleeping scenes, it's cute how LJW barely move while GA sleeping comfortably on his chest and he look frozen when GA hug him tighter haha or am I the one that see it that way? :laugh:

• Like 4
On 12/1/2020 at 7:05 PM, JenL said:

Also for @eNDe not sure if you knew, but there was a third classical OST released for the last piano songs. This is the full version of the welcome song (a 3 minute long version of Twenty Fingers)

Thank you! :hearties:  Yeah I'm left with listening to the complete classical OST and especially this welcome song. The 3 minutes feels so short! I love the RaRa & Jun xmas duet too, now this 8 minutes version of so much goodness. Thanks! 

10 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Yaaaayyy...:Party01:..I am considering to rewatch it since it's Wednesday

Haha...I was thinking of all DDSSLLS supporters...how are you guys doing on this Wednesday. I think I am moving on fine...but I hope both GA and LJW will have new projects soon in the new year as main leads again. I realised GA usually take longer breaks between drama/film. After Haechi, it felt the longest due to her injury so I'm just glad this time she doesn't really have action scenes except for the car crash scene. As for LJW, it'd be nice to see him taking roles in crime/detective or period genre next...then it sits perfectly with my preference haha. 

10 hours ago, Just_Me said:

After following her work (including the BTS haha) for pretty long time, I got this impression that GA easier to close and more comfortable working with co-stars that younger than her, and with co-stars that much older (with pretty big age gap) than her. But this is just my opinion haha, maybe @eNDe could tell us more..

I see it that way too. She do seem more at ease, completely cheerful and engaging with her co-stars when they're younger than her or much older than her. Before LJW, her chemistry with younger male co-star Kim Myung-Soo on and off-screen was exceptional too for the legal drama Miss Hammurabi although their characters only had to kiss for one simple confession scene. The other younger co-star was Yoo Seung-Ho for the period film The Magician. Both of these works have enough bts, interviews and show appearances to show that chemistry. Lastly, the younger co-star that wasn't the main lead but had good on and off-screen chemistry with her is Kim Dong-Joon in the horror drama Black. They even met up for drinks with another co-star, after the drama was over which she shared on her IG account. If much older male lead, it's definitely her Reply 1994 co-stars Jung Woo and Yoo Yeon-Seok. 

@Just_Me Did I share too much? Haha...I just happen to find GA very different, like she can be goofy and relatable off-screen, not caring about image. This is outside the main point but I also think with her changing agency that comprise of many talented actors and actresses, both new and veteran, I'm more excited for her upcoming dramas as compared when she was still in SM that's primarily for idols. 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 11/30/2020 at 4:36 PM, Unnie0110 said:

It seems like KBS has not gotten over Rara and Jun just yet. They have just posted several videos and stills from the drama again in their instagram account. I'm sure people are still complaining left and right about the ending but some are just relieved that Jun was alive after all. After several days of sadness and disappointment, I'm starting to calm down hahaha I still can't re-watch Episode 16 as a whole though but I really appreciate the piano duet of Jun and Rara (that was one great scene), it's a nice happy version/rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star;) I also loved the part in Episode 15 when Rara finally remembered her first meeting with Jun! How can she forget when he's that dashing and nice!  They are so cute together! I remembered why I love this drama because they're such a happy pill! There's something about the way GAR and LJW interact and present their characters when they are together, that touches their viewer's hearts and brings a little bit of everything nice in this world. I never knew that a shortage of a watermelon juice would bring me so much sunshine;)  

Thanks for pointing out all these pretty moments that we missed earlier in our rage! :MewGiggle: Hahaha, I also see fresh viewers still posting a lot of upset comments....though I think people who saw it last week have either moved on or calmed down now.... I calmed down too after awhile. Still get the occasional discomfort about it when I think too much, but after a week I think I've processed everything and I can move on now. I actually gathered all the points we made from this forum and other spaces and wrote it into one long article on my blog which talks about how I moved on the from ending...It's called:

"How I Made Peace with the ending of Do do sol sol la la sol 도도솔솔라라솔: A Healing Essay about not being Bitter and Focusing on the Things I loved about this Drama." :laugh: 

Actually, I wanted to ask you if it's ok that I used an ending you wrote @Unnie0110? It was just so good and I thought it would cheer some people up :BulbaOWO:I featured it in the essay to make some points...The essay has been read a few times and people have said the points in there helped them to feel better about the ending too! Let me know if you want me to take it out or anything. I can't link the article, but let me know if want to see what I included that you wrote and I can PM you or something. Also let me know if you want it to be linked to anything or credits given you etc.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:17 PM, eNDe said:

And I think because they both make such a quirky couple, I'm starting to believe that only RaRa and Jun could ever understand each other actions. I'm just going to rewatch this drama, enjoy the good moments that made me love it in the first place and thinking of the cast's hard work who showed up each day to complete it. I don't think I'll be over this drama too soon. Hope the cast, especially for GA and LJW, will meet again in year-end awards show if not for another project. 

This is a good point. Actually, I thought about the drama and they always did give strange excuses...Jun always told Lala that her excuses were strange at first...and then that rubbed off on Jun and Lala started telling him his excuses were strange, so when I think of that final excuse, I do think it was the ultimate version of this little game they were playing :smug:...but they didn't tie it back or anything, so it's not easy to see the link. Another thing is that they joked in the BTS that Jun was still mad over Lala's fake wedding and the stress it gave him...maybe he really was and this was his joke one-up (like poor taste joke)...but eh, only Jun and Lala get each other and we're all excluded! :lenny:

On 12/1/2020 at 2:46 PM, eNDe said:

It's totally fine. I would stay away from horror genre because I don't like scaring myself unnecessarily. However there may be an exception once in a while like how my sister made me watch Train to Busan or The Ring, all because she's scared and need a company. Anyway, you should watch Hospital Playlist! It has Go Ara and Ye Ji-Won (HY's mum) as cameo role. It's written by the same writers and producers of Reply series so the drama is a lot more on the fun, humour and friendship side rather than the blood, tears and cries. Or I would recommend the Reply series if you haven't watch any and then you can watch Hospital Playlist to enjoy even more of the style of the writer and the amount of cameo actor/actress from his past dramas. Oh and of course, there's music! A live band style! I love it! 

Hahaha I hate horror too @eNDe!!! But I do really love zombie movies. It's quite a strange contradiction, but it's how I am! Train to Busan is one of my favourites probably because Gong Yoo and Ma Dong Seok was in it too! Hahaha....yes, I heard about Go Ara doing a cameo in Hospital Playlist as one of the character's exes. Ahhh, same writers as Reply...Ok, maybe I'll give it a go. And I do like music...I'm at a loss for what past dramas I should catch up on since I have a gap with nothing current I want to watch until True Beauty comes out next week! :thinking:

On 12/1/2020 at 12:37 AM, CINNABOM said:

Honestly, after watching just the scene alone I thought the writer/director had such a perfect ending. If we didn't have to go through the other 55 minutes of episode 16, I would be so happy with this ending. Even now, I'm starting to accept the ending just because of how beautiful this scene is. It's like a love letter to the drama and the city of Eunpo. 

Hahaha, that's one way of watching it! I think I would feel better if I watched the first 10 minutes of the drama and then the last 10 minutes (minus the line about not keeping in touch) :laugh: That way it would seem like Jun got sick and they kept in touch and then he came back after being sick and away and Lala doesn't believe he's actually here and he's like, I'll prove it. Kiss! Perfect! It could have been wrapped up in just 20 minutes!! :BulbaOWO::hearties::CharmanderYay:

The first shot is a cloudy but beautiful day followed by a view of the city with its colorful rooftops. RaRa starts playing Jun's welcome song, and we get a shot of the flower shop on top of the hill (this makes me a little sad because according to @JenL's blog, the set has already been taken down :cry:). Finally, our hero arrives and starts running uphill as RaRa beckons him to come home by playing the piano. :heart: 

Ah, sorry for making you sad @CINNABOM!!! Yes, unfortunately the set was taken down. I think one of the people who visited said they got there just before the take down and the crew let them take some photos first (according to translated Instagram post)

BUT...you can still go to the cafe that Lala and Jun met at (DDSSLLS cafe)....this is such a dream and I would love to visit to see that red self-playing piano in real life!! The cafe is actually called "Peace in the Coffee" cafe in Seoul

Y5QyLyT.jpg

I really appreciate these final scenes because it reminded me of the beauty of the drama. The writing wasn't perfect, but when it was good, it was really good. It gave me something to look forward to every week. So thank you Netflix and KBS, please make another drama with Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook! :wow:

Yes, I agree! When it was good, it was so good! :hearties:

I feel like there's always such a slim chance of a second project for anyone...but hopefully they do something. A movie? I'd love another drama. But even if they run into each other at award shows a lot, I would be happy!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Hello @JenL! Thankfully after a week, I have calmed down enough to just remember the good things about this drama. I just love all the characters of this drama and how it made me so happy and giddy for many weeks. I too can't explain the magic of this drama that even now I still miss Eunpo and all its lovely flawed citizens. There were a lot of scenes in the drama that made me laughed out loud and gave me warm fuzzy feelings for that alone I am forever grateful :love: It pulled me out of my slump too with Kdramas though I am forever cautious now with ongoing kdramas hahaha.

HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAV JUN-RARA moments;)

1. All their bike scenes (I love the small smiles that Jun makes whenever he's biking around with Rara)

2. Jun-Rara phone call when Rara told him about a random grandpa crying when she played the piano

3. Jun being flustered whenever Rara compliments him

4. Jun looking at Rara when she was admiring the stars at her window

5. Rara remembering her first encounter with Jun

FAV FUNNY MOMENTS

1. Rara's winks!

2. Rara and Jun's first morning at the hospital (Rara demonstrating that she is a pianist)

3. Rara mistaking mom's Jun as the private detective's wife (never fails to make me laugh out loud till now)

4. Young Manbok harabuji when he casually discarded the shoes he's cleaning in favor of Sunja's shoes

5. Jun overreacting and stealing Rara away from her "wedding" with Dr. Cha plus everyone's reaction while they were running away

Anyway, I would love to read your essay about DDSSLLS @JenLand thank you for making my comment a part of it;)

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 12/2/2020 at 4:52 AM, stroppyse said:

It's interesting that in the earlier BTS', GAR seemed more comfortable with Dr. Cha than LJW actually as they laughed and teased each other. However, in the later BTS', GAR and LJW seem a lot more comfortable with each other.

Hehe, well I definitely don't have the language skills to understand so I could be wrong, but I was actually surprised they got along so well despite their age difference when I first started watching the BTS and seeing Go Ara's Instagram shots pop up! I thought they had an easy going chemistry....but it's all subjective, since I think maybe it depends on which BTS videos we all saw :laugh:

See, judging from the costumes, I thought this was some of the earlier BTS videos and photos and I was charmed already. I know they don't shoot things in sequence necessarily, but they were released in sequence by the cast, so I was assuming some of this is their early interactions. 

VESfyFi.jpg

Another thing was that I've seen some interviews or stories that Go Ara told about her first meeting with LJW that other people subbed and it sounded like it was easy to talk and joke around at their first meeting...but then again, she always jokes that he was drunk and that's why he looks so clingy in this picture :laugh:

2gXjkaG.jpg

On 12/2/2020 at 4:52 AM, stroppyse said:

I think it may be because LJW is so reserved or shy perhaps? GAR seems to be a much more outgoing personality, plus she is a noona to LJW both in RL (30 y.o. and 22 y.o.) and in the drama (24 y.o. and 19 y.o. at the start of the drama). Not sure you can do that many kiss scenes without becoming somewhat more comfortable with each other?

From watching their Swoon videos and also the interviews, I would say LJW is more reserved ....and as a rising star, and just as a person in his early 20's, he's cares a bit more about looking cool :cool: He said he usually gets someone to check his instagram posts to see if he looks good in that photo before he posts...but he often laughed a lot and teased GA about how she could act so silly and carefree on set  (He said it in a number of interviews, but this is one example: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHWaCGDJCqv/) and I get the impression that he was both charmed and amused by her ability to be so  open and not care about how she appeared to others. Kind of like in the Swoon games, when he got a challenge to pick an accessory for her to wear and GA said he could pick anything. LJW choose something pretty for her to wear to save her from having to wear anything silly...but GA found the whole thing funny and picked the craziest sunflower thing to wear afterwards :laugh:

But both of them seem to get along with everyone of all ages. Go Ara caught up with all the actresses of DDSSLLS (including Dr Cha's Ex and Hairdresser) and they had dinner together. And I know the kid that played Jae Min seemed to adore LJW as a big brother and it looks like they went out for dinner a few times, just them and Jae Min's parents. But also there are several posts with LJW including this adorable one!!

But all these understandings of GA & LJW are of course just impressions and speculations on my part from watching too many BTS and additional content......hahaha, seeing as I do not know them any better than anyone here! :LaxEat:

ixEIGev.jpg

On 12/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, Just_Me said:

Thank you so much for the subbed video.. already watch it on your YT channel too and thank you for also sharing the OST clips

Hahahaha, that was quick! I felt like I only just subbed it! :laugh:

On 12/2/2020 at 5:09 PM, Just_Me said:

In the last BTS, at sleeping scenes, it's cute how LJW barely move while GA sleeping comfortably on his chest and he look frozen when GA hug him tighter haha or am I the one that see it that way? 

She really went in for the snuggle!!! I do not blame her. If I was in her shoes, I would do exactly the same! :MewGiggle:

16 hours ago, eNDe said:

Haha...I was thinking of all DDSSLLS supporters...how are you guys doing on this Wednesday. I think I am moving on fine...but I hope both GA and LJW will have new projects soon in the new year as main leads again. I realised GA usually take longer breaks between drama/film. After Haechi, it felt the longest due to her injury so I'm just glad this time she doesn't really have action scenes except for the car crash scene. As for LJW, it'd be nice to see him taking roles in crime/detective or period genre next...then it sits perfectly with my preference haha. 

Yep, I think I'm mostly recovered! :hearties: Glad to see you are too!

I wrote a long essay on my blog to share about the processing/ recovery process because I think some people across Twitter/ forums are still mad and I understand how hard it was to get over those feelings. But surprisingly a lot of people have made peace with it and don't hate it anymore, though I am yet to see anyone say they love it. :MonkaTang:

Oooh hopefully they both take on great projects in the future. I think LJW has signed on for some short projects and cameos. I know he's doing a cameo for True Beauty with Hye Yoon ...as that was the PD they worked with for Extraordinary You which enhanced their fame quite a lot. They sure love stuffing LJW in a school uniform :laugh: (True Beauty is a bit of a conventional high school romance based on a webtoon). You'll have to keep us updated on Go Ara's projects! I'll also keep an eye out too. Hopefully we see them both at the KBS awards at the end of this month too.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2

33 minutes ago, Unnie0110 said:

HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAV JUN-RARA moments;)

1. All their bike scenes (I love the small smiles that Jun makes whenever he's biking around with Rara)

2. Jun-Rara phone call when Rara told him about a random grandpa crying when she played the piano

3. Jun being flustered whenever Rara compliments him

4. Jun looking at Rara when she was admiring the stars at her window

5. Rara remembering her first encounter with Jun

These are so lovely! :pandablush: I like how you've summarised these moments so charmingly. I had forgotten about some of them which means I should go back to some of those charming earlier scenes :BulbaOWO:

Those flustered looks were the best! And her constant star gazing was so cute. :CharmanderYay:

45 minutes ago, Unnie0110 said:

FAV FUNNY MOMENTS

1. Rara's winks!

2. Rara and Jun's first morning at the hospital (Rara demonstrating that she is a pianist)

3. Rara mistaking mom's Jun as the private detective's wife (never fails to make me laugh out loud till now)

4. Young Manbok harabuji when he casually discarded the shoes he's cleaning in favor of Sunja's shoes

5. Jun overreacting and stealing Rara away from her "wedding" with Dr. Cha plus everyone's reaction while they were running away

Hahahaha, I forgot about Manbok just tossing those shoes away. It was quite funny when that happened. :MewGiggle:

Also the scenes when Jun's mum was crazy were quite fun. I remember thinking surely she's his stepmum!

1 hour ago, Unnie0110 said:

Thankfully after a week, I have calmed down enough to just remember the good things about this drama. I just love all the characters of this drama and how it made me so happy and giddy for many weeks. I too can't explain the magic of this drama that even now I still miss Eunpo and all its lovely flawed citizens. There were a lot of scenes in the drama that made me laughed out loud and gave me warm fuzzy feelings for that alone I am forever grateful 

59 minutes ago, Unnie0110 said:

Anyway, I would love to read your essay about DDSSLLS @JenLand thank you for making my comment a part of it;)

Hahaha, you sound like you're in a really good place @Unnie0110 which is so wonderful!:BulbaOWO::CharmanderYay::duckhearts:

My essay could take you back to thinking about the ending and some dark times...and I don't want to do that to you, especially since you're such a ball of sunshine and joy, haha! But I just wanted to let you know that your writing was cheerful to read and people have liked it. I broke my writing down into the following parts and I put then ending you wrote in "1. Coming up with/reading alternative endings". Since you're ok with it, I'll just credit your user name and link to your post in this forum!

How I got past my feelings:

1. Coming up with/reading alternative endings
2. Timeline editing in the drama
3. Critiquing what went wrong and how it could be fixed
4. Rationalising why this is a 'Happy Ending' in the world of the characters'
5. Rationalising and finding reason for the writer's choices
6. Finding humour and irony in the story
7. Ending the story by watching Behind the Scenes footage instead
8. Remembering the reasons I love this show & Supporting the actors and their chemistry

Hahaha, you don't need to read because you're already at #8!! :heart: But if you are curious, you know where to look anyway since I post all my additional things there. :cool: 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Yes @JenL I'm in a good place now;) hahaha

SWOON WORTHY MOMENTS

1. Laundry scene (Jun's wise words that made Rara stopped in her tracks and us too:love:)

2. Jun building Rara her own room (how awesome can he get!)  while mimi looks on

3. Jun hugging Rara and telling her not to go (despite the many attempts of Rara to hug him!)

4. Jun telling Rara that she'll do great teaching Jae-min and Rara openly blushing and touching Jun! hehe

5. Jun asking Rara if he's grown taller and swooping in for a kiss

Sometimes, one just really need to look at the bright side of things to appreciate the full picture (dark and light):smile:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
20 hours ago, eNDe said:

Did I share too much? Haha...I just happen to find GA very different, like she can be goofy and relatable off-screen, not caring about image.

Hahaha, we'll end up fangirling Go Ara here:MewGiggle:..

21 hours ago, eNDe said:

Haha...I was thinking of all DDSSLLS supporters...how are you guys doing on this Wednesday. I

I rewatch EP.12 last night hahaha.., and maybe later on I will watch Ep.15 and 16 cause last time I didn't really enjoy it because too worried about our OTP hahaha

Seems most of us already made peace with the ending part :love:

2 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

SWOON WORTHY MOMENTS

1. Laundry scene (Jun's wise words that made Rara stopped in her tracks and us too:love:)

This is one of my favourite moments. Jun's words make me hardly believe that Jun is 19yo..:laugh:and Rara looks really pretty in this scene:wow:

Thank you @Unnie0110 for remind me of the things I love about this drama

3 hours ago, JenL said:

How I got past my feelings:

1. Coming up with/reading alternative endings
2. Timeline editing in the drama
3. Critiquing what went wrong and how it could be fixed
4. Rationalising why this is a 'Happy Ending' in the world of the characters'
5. Rationalising and finding reason for the writer's choices
6. Finding humour and irony in the story
7. Ending the story by watching Behind the Scenes footage instead
8. Remembering the reasons I love this show & Supporting the actors and their chemistry

Thank you @JenL for helping me made peace with the ending part trough your writing

Haha I do number 7 alot:eeeee:

Oh, the last OST is released 

https://vibe.naver.com/track/43581235

Love Has Come by Lim Dan Woo

But it's not listed in vlending OST playlist yet

And the PO for DVD Making film special of Dodosolsollalasol is now open (from Desember, 3rd till December, 17th) here's the link in case anyone here interested

https://global.yes24.com/Goods/95878712

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3
2 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

SWOON WORTHY MOMENTS

Thank you for reminding of one of my favourite little moments :heart: It wasn't like a huge scene, but the tension were clearly there at that point between the two of them, though Lala was not aware and Jun was feeling all of it!

One of my favourite swoon worthy moments (but also a little comedic), is when he comes back to their home, the flower shop after the first separation and Lala knows his real age....and she remembers how they met and Jun says she's strange...And she playfully hits him...but he catches her hand and says what's truly strange is that she's all he can ever think about... "My head feels like it's about to explode because I can only think of you"...and then he tries to kiss her and she dodges! And then tells him grow a bit more...and he says, with a wry smile, that he'll have to drink more milk. :pandablush:

quI34SN.gif

bD4Bih0.gif

Watching it still slays me eveeerrryyy time. It could have been some kiss :heart: I think that sequence just had everything - intensity, tension, sweetness/flutteryness, humour and great playful dialogue that reflected both their characters so damn well :BulbaOWO::hearties:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Discovered the existence of another Swoon/ Netflix Game that was only released to the Thai Netflix Instagram in October (so a lot of fans only seeing this recently). I think the basic idea was Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook talking about 5 Essential Things you need while watching DDSSLLS? Anyone understand Thai XD?

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 11/30/2020 at 4:17 PM, eNDe said:

Sharing the MV for another OST if you haven't watch it because the music video use only the light and happy moments of Jun and Rara so it's my fave MV of all the OST: :hearties:

I know I shared this OST but I read a comment saying they added "twinkle twinkle little star" notes towards the end! I listened to it again and found it on minute 3:21 :yayaya:Give it a listen again if you didn't notice too. Awesome detail! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharing this beautiful fan art too...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQJTtunU40/?igshid=qxkfx691j107

HAPPY WEEKEND TWINKLES! 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
3 hours ago, eNDe said:

Sharing this beautiful fan art too...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIQJTtunU40/?igshid=qxkfx691j107

HAPPY WEEKEND TWINKLES! 

Happy weekend Twinkles :laugh::hearties:

Thanks so much for sharing that fan art. It's such a lovely picture :) I really like when people do fan art.

I have a few things I'm working on to share with y'all...working on a rough translation of that video I posted above. It'll take a little longer and probably be a little less accurate since I don't speak Thai or Korean, but there's an online translator tool that will give a rough translation of the main ideas. Thought it would be nice since The Swoon/Netflix games are some of my favourite videos. :heart:

Someone on my video asked about what the question was when LJW picked GA, but GA picked the hairdresser. And someone else said that the question was, who do you want to work with for your next project. Hahaha, LJW picked GA...but I think GA thought that you couldn't pick your co-star...but then she felt bad when you could and picked LJW as well...ahahahaha :laugh: 

Poor kid rejected by Sunbae-nim :lenny:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I have a few things I'm working on to share with y'all...working on a rough translation of that video I posted above. It'll take a little longer and probably be a little less accurate since I don't speak Thai or Korean, but there's an online translator tool that will give a rough translation of the main ideas. Thought it would be nice since The Swoon/Netflix games are some of my favourite videos. :heart:

I just can send virtual cheering since I can't be any help about subbing :Party01:... Fighting @JenL:pandahappy: 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Someone on my video asked about what the question was when LJW picked GA, but GA picked the hairdresser. And someone else said that the question was, who do you want to work with for your next project. Hahaha, LJW picked GA...but I think GA thought that you couldn't pick your co-star...but then she felt bad when you could and picked LJW as well...ahahahaha :laugh: 

Poor kid rejected by Sunbae-nim :lenny:

His face expression :laugh:

And Go Ara change it to LJW  if am not mistaken? Hahaha she feel bad about it

Many fanmade video about Dodosolsollalasol, but I particularly love this one

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIJO-DFjYPh/?igshid=1xeo37yuu3o6

And also find this on YT

Can't see his face clearly but I think he is actor Lee Sung Jae, right?!

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
13 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I just can send virtual cheering since I can't be any help about subbing :Party01:... Fighting @JenL:pandahappy: 

His face expression :laugh:

And Go Ara change it to LJW  if am not mistaken? Hahaha she feel bad about it

Hahahaha, she so did! I think she enjoys working with him, but didn't expect him to say her :laugh:

13 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Many fanmade video about Dodosolsollalasol, but I particularly love this one

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIJO-DFjYPh/?igshid=1xeo37yuu3o6

And also find this on YT

Can't see his face clearly but I think he is actor Lee Sung Jae, right?!

Thanks for this fan vid! It's so pretty. Have you found any videos where they literally altered the ending? Still waiting for someone with video skills to do it :BulbaOWO:

The closed I've found was this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/CITFch3DuDs/

• Like 4

Haha, I was feeling crafty today and thought you guys would appreciate my journal spread for DDSSLLS:

zI9qdFL.jpg

j6ISphr.jpg

Also they've pretty much released all of the unreleased OST music for the drama now. Even though the last episode killed me when I first watched it, I do remember liking this music because it sounded so happy and hopeful!

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

16 hours ago, JenL said:

Also they've pretty much released all of the unreleased OST music for the drama now. Even though the last episode killed me when I first watched it, I do remember liking this music because it sounded so happy and hopeful!

Great journal spread @JenL!;) and thank you for the link of the instrumental OST, it's my favorite too, so hopeful and happy at the same time. Really fits the core message of the drama- HOPE amidst the darkness of depressing and uncontrollable trials of life.  It really fits Rara and Jun's journey;)

Edited by stroppyse
Please remove images, videos from your quotes. Thank you.
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, JenL said:

Haha, I was feeling crafty today and thought you guys would appreciate my journal spread for DDSSLLS:

This journal is so pretty and those starry lamps make it perfect..:heart:

15 hours ago, JenL said:

Have you found any videos where they literally altered the ending? Still waiting for someone with video skills to do it :BulbaOWO:

Nope..the one you share is the only one I see so far..

After a week, seems most of Dodosolsollalasol fans already calm down so many posts saying that they miss RaraJun

I don't know if you have see this or not but the pictures are pretty..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIUIb7OppQj/?igshid=1jubfbrti1sag

5 hours ago, JenL said:

And thank you for sharing this:love:

I am watching new drama now, Uncanny Counter, but it seems I still can't escape from Dodosolsollalasol since I met Jun Dad there

:laugh:

• Like 5

I love this drama so much so I want to share my thoughts...

I like this drama as it is not an ordinary kdrama with their plots and twists. It gets the viewers to react with every scene especially with the help of the excellent actors. The progress of the story is good in my opinion, I know there were other side stories but that is what makes this drama unique. 

Others were complaining about some issues which I will address here:

Jun's age, a 5 year age gap is fine. It was I think more that he was a high school senior that irks most people. But they were portraying like an "innocent puppy love story" in a way. 

The stalker plot, made the drama (for me) exciting in a way. 

Personally, the twist were Jun got sick was relevant ( though it was introduced too late but the nosebleeds were the hint). It would have been shallow if he will break up with Rara just because his parents asked him too. It needs a deeper reason why he does need to break up with her and the decision must be solely from him.

Lastly, the end scene. It was abrupt and the reunion was short which I think most of you will agree left us wanting more. But after watching the series to the nth time, I think (i also wrote this somewhere), that Rara and Jun's story i somewhat parallel to Manbok and Sunja's. They met after a few years again after being separated and there's a person involve with each separation. Sunja's Unnie and in Jun and Rara's case, his Mum did not confirm nor denied Rara's assumption (which for me, needs a little explaining). Five years is a bit too much but fully recovering from cancer, that sounds about right. Though I sometimes wonder how sure Jun is that Rara did not find somebody else. 🤔  And if I was Rara, they need to show me his grave to believe. 😅

Others say, that the ending was unrealistic or they thought that Jun was just a fragment of Rara's imagination. They could have given us a better ending but I don't think it was that unrealistic (maybe the no contact  for five years part) but him coming back is definetly not a fantasy as per Jun's heart warming monologue in the end. I just wished to see the eunpo people's reaction to Jun alive. And a grand wedding after all the emotional wreckage they gave us ( and they were saying it was a therapeutic/healing drama, 🙄😅😂 I have never been so stressed but that's what it makes it enjoyable ).

Overall, it was one of the best I've seen in all these years I have been watching kdramas. It left me wanting more.  Excellent chemistry and excellent cast. Hope they will get awards this year. I will give it a 9/10 (because of not enough episodes and the ending 😅). Their OST is also awesome. 

Though I have a not-so-tiny wish, a special would have suffice all our curiosities, or a 2nd season to satisfy our Rara-jun moments or a spinoff of Manbok and Sunja. 🤣

And I don't mind Go Ara and Lee Jaewook dating in real life. Their chemistry is daebak. ❤

Sorry for the long post. 😬

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 4
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
11 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I am watching new drama now, Uncanny Counter, but it seems I still can't escape from Dodosolsollalasol since I met Jun Dad there

There are a few of us on the Uncanny Counter thread. It's a completely different story and genre than DDSSLLS, but that's a good thing right now. Anyway, UC is a good story and well acted, so it's good to watch so that the time I used to devote to LL, Jun, and MiMi isn't so empty. Come join us when you want to.

54 minutes ago, purplefin said:

Hi @purplefin! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Some of us are still here reading posts as they show up. I agree with a lot of your post. Some additional comments that came to mind after reading your post:

56 minutes ago, purplefin said:

Jun's age, a 5 year age gap is fine. It was I think more that he was a high school senior that irks most people. But they were portraying like an "innocent puppy love story" in a way. 

You must have been on other sites where they were complaining about this. I admit that it took me aback to have a romance between a minor (Jun was technically a minor under Korean laws when he and LL first met) and an adult, however, I think most of us got over it pretty fast since the story (at that point) was good and the chemistry between LL and Jun was undeniable.

Plus, we had other things to think about. Like Jun wearing shorts and whether that was a bad thing because shorts made him look even younger or a good thing because we got to see his legs. I feel as if we spent quite a bit of this thread talking about Jun in his shorts. :love:

1 hour ago, purplefin said:

they thought that Jun was just a fragment of Rara's imagination.

Definitely not a figment of LL's imagination! LL and Jun even talk about this, and Jun shows he's real by kissing LL breathless. :wow:

1 hour ago, purplefin said:

Though I have a not-so-tiny wish, a special would have suffice all our curiosities, or a 2nd season to satisfy our Rara-jun moments or a spinoff of Manbok and Sunja. 🤣

It would have been nice to have a longer last episode to satisfy our curiosity about Jun's actions while he was "dead". I keep hoping that Jun made an effort to see Grandpa to say his final farewell, to let Grandpa know that he was still alive and getting better. I would liked something, even if it was a special with the writer and actors rather than an episode.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 2
18 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

Great journal spread @JenL!;) and thank you for the link of the instrumental OST, it's my favorite too, so hopeful and happy at the same time. Really fits the core message of the drama- HOPE amidst the darkness of depressing and uncontrollable trials of life.  It really fits Rara and Jun's journey;)

Thank youuu, lovely of you to say! :BulbaOWO: Yes, that musical piece was so hopeful and healing to listen to, especially at the hardest part of the drama to watch, that was for sure! I agree with definitely fit Lala and Jun's journey in the drama :hearties:

14 hours ago, Just_Me said:

This journal is so pretty and those starry lamps make it perfect..:heart:

Nope..the one you share is the only one I see so far..

After a week, seems most of Dodosolsollalasol fans already calm down so many posts saying that they miss RaraJun

Thank youuuu! Haha, yes, I almost forgot I had star lights, but I'm glad I remembered :wow:

Ahhhh, still hoping someone edits an alternative ending. Lots of people have video editing skills and I always see those fan vids go up....wouldn't mind if someone did one for this series XD I think people either made peace with the ending because the series was too cute to hate or they fell out with the series because of the bitter aftertaste. A lot of people who have just finished are still upset though...I still get a few messages from people saying they liked reading our ideas/ alternative endings etc because it made them feel better. I prefer to forgive and enjoy the moments I love!  :MewHi:

I don't know if you have see this or not but the pictures are pretty..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIUIb7OppQj/?igshid=1jubfbrti1sag

Thanks for sharing these DDSSLLS pictures...They are so so so pretty!!! :BulbaOWO::hearties: 

Japanese fans always make things look so aesthetic :heart:

I really, really like them...maybe I'll print them out for next journal project :laugh:

Is this good? I was thinking of watching it. I'm currently just finishing off Start Up and 18 Again, so should be good to start something new soon. I am starting True Beauty on Wednesday since I'm reading the webtoon. It won't be super original for a series, but I have a weak spot for high school rom-coms. Also Lee Jae Wook is going to cameo in it...back in a school uniform...

Jun, did you move high schools?? :laugh:

4 hours ago, purplefin said:

Yay, welcome to the thread @purplefin :MewHi::hearties:  A lot of us love the drama and are definitely happy to keep talking about it!

I agree - I personally, didn't have a problem with this because it was actually a good twist to the story.  It was a very wholesome, pure and innocent puppy love type story, which I adored for the cuteness. :BulbaOWO: Also, I felt like he was pretty much a few months from reaching that age anyway, so it wasn't like he was a few years away from the age. I have to admit at first I was confused about him being underage, because in my country, 18-19 is definitely over the legal age, so I guess mentally, I was having a hard time aging him down anyway!

5 hours ago, purplefin said:

The stalker plot, made the drama (for me) exciting in a way. 

I kind of wish they had done a bit more with the stalker story line. I guess he was weirdly important to the story because he played cupid and helped Lala and Jun to meet each other by stealing her wallet :laugh:

But also he ended up causing their first separation by kidnapping Lala :psweatduck:

Personally, the twist were Jun got sick was relevant ( though it was introduced too late but the nosebleeds were the hint). It would have been shallow if he will break up with Rara just because his parents asked him too. It needs a deeper reason why he does need to break up with her and the decision must be solely from him.

I don't think I would have had a problem with Jun being sick if they had had resolved it either quickly or with some explanation. For example, they either should have wrapped it up with another twist (ie. surprise! we thought you had cancer, but the tests were wrong) ...or if he was going to be sick, it would have been nice with Lala could have spent time with him and helped him recover, as she was always healing him from his sadness. :PiplupCry:

But it is what it is and I'm no longer even mad at it. I wish I could fix the story from this point, though.

Rara and Jun's story i somewhat parallel to Manbok and Sunja's. They met after a few years again after being separated and there's a person involve with each separation. Sunja's Unnie and in Jun and Rara's case, his Mum did not confirm nor denied Rara's assumption (which for me, needs a little explaining). Five years is a bit too much but fully recovering from cancer, that sounds about right. Though I sometimes wonder how sure Jun is that Rara did not find somebody else. 🤔  And if I was Rara, they need to show me his grave to believe. 😅

Yep, I think a lot of people liked the parallels between the stories. That's a good point you make about someone being in the middle of the relationship giving the wrong information or leaving out the truth. I think 5 years was a long time and that's what has bothered some people to no end. But I also also read that some people said 5 years is when you confirm that that cancer is pretty much beaten. 

I think one nice thing about Jun is that he trusted in Lala because she had always promised him that she would never let him go. :hearties: And I think this was proven through two times: After the fake wedding, Lala explains what happened and Jun realises she wouldn't just do that to him. Also, the time he got a fake girlfriend to break up with her and she still messaged to tell him that she loved/ wanted him. Death is a bit different since it's totally a chance to move on (a part of me wishes they had shown Jun coming back to see Lala with a baby just to break Jun's heart a bit before revealing it was not her baby :laugh:), but I guess they show Lala as being that loyal! :BulbaOWO:

Others say, that the ending was unrealistic or they thought that Jun was just a fragment of Rara's imagination. They could have given us a better ending but I don't think it was that unrealistic (maybe the no contact  for five years part) but him coming back is definetly not a fantasy as per Jun's heart warming monologue in the end. I just wished to see the eunpo people's reaction to Jun alive. And a grand wedding after all the emotional wreckage they gave us ( and they were saying it was a therapeutic/healing drama, 🙄😅😂 I have never been so stressed but that's what it makes it enjoyable )

I admit, I thought he was a figment of her imagination at first too. But I think what the writers wanted to do is just keep us in the dark. Logically, I feel like Jun has a better explanation, but he'd be giving it to Lala and the townsfolk in the coming days since he would have to explain why he was back if he wanted to live in Eunpo forever. I don't think Ha Yeong or the TWD would let him stay without beating him up if he didn't explain himself clearly! :laugh:

I was also super stressed at the end, but on the whole the drama was healing to me this year :heart: (except episode 14 and the death in episode 16). 

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Jun shows he's real by kissing LL breathless. :wow:

Thank God this happened! Honestly, it was the saving point! :pandablush:

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It would have been nice to have a longer last episode to satisfy our curiosity about Jun's actions while he was "dead". I keep hoping that Jun made an effort to see Grandpa to say his final farewell, to let Grandpa know that he was still alive and getting better. I would liked something, even if it was a special with the writer and actors rather than an episode.

I think it would have been nice to have at least an epilogue or a special ending that was half an hour longer or something. But I feel like it was a purposeful decision on the writer's part :duckshook: 

As for Grandpa, I read somewhere that it's very likely Grandpa knew the truth about Jun and they kept in contact. Because Grandpa said the exact same line as Jun's mother "He can't come back anymore." Not that he was dead or sick. Also, grandpa knew Jun was sick from the letter Rara gave him, but that was awhile before xmas. :thinking:

On the day of xmas dinner however, Grandpa was even more downcast - I think it's clear he had as much inside knowledge as Jun's mum... Given that Grandpa was the one Jun was most comfortable sharing secrets with, and Grandpa was already wary at Jun not coming to xmas dinner before it happened,  it seems likely they kept in contact. I'd like to think that's how he knew how Lala was going too :MewHi: 

• Like 4

On 12/6/2020 at 7:20 PM, JenL said:

@JenL Lovely! I think Go Ara would love it too if she sees this haha. I noticed she sometimes give likes to her fan's edits and posts on Instagram.

Also, thanks for sharing the latest instrumental ost/bgm, beautiful! AND I finally found the drama's intro full length music which I love and never skip the intro to listen to it! haha. Maybe I missed it the last time you updated, not sure but thanks again! 

Reading and listening the titles for each of the instrumental bgm...gotta love "Mimi knows everything" bgm. Yes Mimi...I believe you know everything of what happened in ep 16...if only you could join in here and tell us! 

On 12/6/2020 at 9:03 PM, Unnie0110 said:

Really fits the core message of the drama- HOPE amidst the darkness of depressing and uncontrollable trials of life.  It really fits Rara and Jun's journey;)

So true! Hope is what it spreads into our hearts and I was feeling a little down today so I played some of its ost music videos...seeing the characters again made me smile and think positive again. 

20 hours ago, Just_Me said:

I was debating whether to watch it after DDSSLLS but opt for my anime fix instead. hehe. Definitely putting it into my watch list. 

10 hours ago, purplefin said:

Me too! Hahaha...

10 hours ago, purplefin said:

Sorry for the long post. 😬

No worries, we love reading everyone's every post and even after the drama, we still do haha. I haven't rewatch ep 15 and the ending and the rest of the earlier episodes so who knows, I might just pop in to chat about it still. haha. 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 3
14 hours ago, purplefin said:

Me too..or at least they should give us Epilogue :pandasad:

14 hours ago, purplefin said:

and they were saying it was a therapeutic/healing drama, 🙄😅😂 I have never been so stressed but that's what it makes it enjoyable ).

@purplefin I wish you could join here earlier so we all can share those frustrated moments together hahaha 

13 hours ago, stroppyse said:

There are a few of us on the Uncanny Counter thread. It's a completely different story and genre than DDSSLLS, but that's a good thing right now. Anyway, UC is a good story and well acted, so it's good to watch so that the time I used to devote to LL, Jun, and MiMi isn't so empty. Come join us when you want to.

Actually this kind of genre suited me more..haha so I will definitely join the thread 

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Is this good? I was thinking of watching it

If you like little action with supernatural power and evil spirits hunt down you might like this one..The characters are interesting with their own story and there's also mysterious case related to them. Since it's webtoon adaptation the reader might already know the storyline but i never read it so i've got curious :eeeee:

5 hours ago, eNDe said:

I was debating whether to watch it after DDSSLLS but opt for my anime fix instead. hehe. Definitely putting it into my watch list. 

I think you will like this one:eeeee:

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, JenL said:

I admit, I thought he was a figment of her imagination at first too. But I think what the writers wanted to do is just keep us in the dark. Logically, I feel like Jun has a better explanation, but he'd be giving it to Lala and the townsfolk in the coming days since he would have to explain why he was back if he wanted to live in Eunpo forever. I don't think Ha Yeong or the TWD would let him stay without beating him up if he didn't explain himself clearly! 

LOL. Thanks for this thought! Actually, I'm going to imagine that the people of Eun Po beat Jun up first, and then they let him give his explanation which will be much better than the ones we viewers got.

8 hours ago, JenL said:

As for Grandpa, I read somewhere that it's very likely Grandpa knew the truth about Jun and they kept in contact. Because Grandpa said the exact same line as Jun's mother "He can't come back anymore." Not that he was dead or sick. Also, grandpa knew Jun was sick from the letter Rara gave him, but that was awhile before xmas.

This actually makes me feel better, so I'm going to go with it that Grandpa knew the truth about Jun, and that Jun was able to make his final greetings to Grandpa before Grandpa died.

I can tell I'm getting over my anger because I've started becoming curious about the drama again, and wondering if I'm ready to rewatch episodes 15 and 16. Hard to resist the power of LL and Jun. I guess this is why the happy ending, even if it was inadequate, matters. Without a final happy ending, I don't know that I could even contemplate possibly rewatching this series.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2