3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, JenL said:

They've said they'll look for it or replace it, so we'll see what happens. The brand is Sasim if anyone likes cute things and was interested btw.

Do they ship outside korea?  😅 can't seem to find an option. 

13 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

not having my hope's high again on the KBS award, maybe there is really a curse set by the writer. 😅

Hahaha. Most of the dramas I watch usually wins an award whether one or both of the main leads or the couple award. 😂 Hopefully, this one too..we have to  wait and see. 

--------

Thank you guys for asking regarding the dvd in behalf of us. The dvd promoters did their best, hopefully they can include it if they release the series' dvd set?

And wish that someone from the production/kbs team could just post it online instead. 😂

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
21 hours ago, eNDe said:

Wow that's a lot of dramas nominated for Wed/Thur drama haha...I feel like DDSSLLS looks so chill among the nominees and the serious bgm...from its title to its poster...and those who didn't watch it, have no idea how much we went through for it. 

As I watched the nominees for the Special Drama category...I can't help but reading the titles "How to buy a friend" as "How to buy a win for ddsslls" or "The joys and sorrows of work" into "The joys and sorrows of watching ddsslls" 

Hahaha, yep, it seems they have more Wednesday/ Thursday dramas? DDSSLLS had such a chill and fun poster with a neon title. There was no indication that it would bring such waves of emotional uncertainty :laugh: Hahaha, love your readings of the titles @eNDe

21 hours ago, eNDe said:

I still love the drama overall. But then again, it has brought two actors I like being co-stars so I'm still very happy. haha. 

Yep, I think this pairing will always sit nicely in my heart. To be honest, I'd rarely seen any GAR projects in the past and only really noticed her in passing like photo shoots etc. I think the first time I heard of her was when she did a photoshoot with Kim Bum after boys over flowers. But I felt charmed by her pretty much as soon as this drama got underway after the first episode. And I've loved seeing her in all her interviews. And I've loved finding LJW this year, so to see them together having fun has been a dream :BulbaOWO:

21 hours ago, eNDe said:

I didn't know these popular dramas would have similar fate as DDSSLLS! I've only watched Cheese in the Trap from the list and I vaguely remember what was the ending honestly...I guess perhaps why it was on the list...endings best to be forgotten. 

I remember the huge fallout from Cheese in the Trap, though I never watched it. The fan base was very, very angry....and I think there was a lot of discontent from the actors themselves. I never heard about fans being disappointed for W though? I have to say I'm surprised, but not surprised, that Crash Landing is on that list. I think people were really sad about the second couple, though the first couple had a great ending. In my eyes, it made sense though! :MewHi:

21 hours ago, eNDe said:

We all did well I'd say...we helped to heal each other to stay calm throughout the chaos thrown at us by the writer. 

We all survived the trauma and only complain minimally about the ending :laugh: In all seriousness, I'd like to Thank you all for being such a lovely and supportive bunch! Without you all I don't think I would have gotten through the healing process as well. Everyone's happy and logical theories and reminders of happy scenes and sharing of fangirling has been so supportive :BulbaOWO::hearties:

21 hours ago, eNDe said:

IKR. It's the most effective, still reaching directly to fans and these will be paid content anyway. So get working on it already. Tsk. 

I'm surprised that for the country which produces Samsung/ has a strong tech background, they haven't thought of this yet? :thinking: One of the main Drama stations in Taiwan has their own online viewing platform and so it's possible for them to do stuff like this. 

21 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Me too, I hope people would look past the poor choices of the writer on the ending and just focus on the actors great job. 

I also thought the story would focus on defying odds on age gap. 

Yep, that's why I always end up sharing my link to my post about getting over the ending. I know some people had such a bitter aftertaste that they dismissed the whole show even though they loved it while it aired. So I like to remind people of the characters and heartwarming story and romance...and the really wonderful acting by both the actors who would have had no say in the ending themselves! :idk:

I agree! I thought it would have been about getting over the age gap. But I do think the writer's were a bit greedy with wanting plot twists and shock factor which is how the ending came to be as it was.

The 'i want you' piece also gave me a little doubt that they will have a happy ending. Haha especially Jun's face while cleaning after the party just when the voice over of Rara  finished saying 'that woman was famous among men blah blah', his face suddenly lost glow

I loved that piano piece! :laugh::hearties: But I think it was the first hint we were going to have a difficult ending.

I actually rewatched that scene recently. I think Jun's face losing the happiness was because Lala said it was the name of the song instead of her confessing that she wanted him though! But Lala did explain to him that the woman married many times....And Jun did say "That sounds sad" :letalQQ: I think the more obvious hint was the mirroring from The Graduate with the runaway bride and Dr Cha's Ex saying it looked like a sad ending ending. 

So true about the cafe, its kinda hard to figure out plus the language barrier. The promotional team really did amazing. They never lack the part on promoting it. I guess people dont feel like paying extra for a DVD when it can be downloaded/streamed for free. 

Someone should really suggest paid streaming/digital download to the TV networks  Lol!

They put so much work into the graphics! I think they did more than the Record of Youth team to be honest... which had less pictures (But more followers on the account. I guess PBG pulled a lot of fans)...

21 hours ago, purplefin said:

Do they ship outside korea?   can't seem to find an option. 

I think not @eNDe and @purplefin. That's why my friend sent it to a shipping company/ forwarding service which lost my parcel.

But no fear because they are replacing the items and sending it today!  :CharmanderYay: I hope they actually arrive though because then I remember the DDSSLLS curse :laugh:

The dvd promoters did their best, hopefully they can include it if they release the series' dvd set?

And wish that someone from the production/kbs team could just post it online instead. 😂

Will there be a DVD set for the series...I'm thinking probably not :thinking: I feel like this was it?

Hahaha, posting it online would mean no monies. I hope over time, we'll find it on one of the staffer's instagrams...extra footage! I mean staffers from Extraordinary you still occasionally post clips and photos from BTS...

Me: Please help us DDSSLLS staffers! :MewWave:

Lucky charm vs writer's curse. 😂 

Will see if 2020 can still be good to us (even just on kdramaland juseyo) 🤣

20 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

@purplefin lets hope your luck can defeat the curse set by writers and 2020 

Hahahaha please let the Lucky charm win over the Writer's curse!!! :laugh::psweatduck:

Edited by JenL
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

I remember the huge fallout from Cheese in the Trap, though I never watched it. The fan base was very, very angry....and I think there was a lot of discontent from the actors themselves. I never heard about fans being disappointed for W though? I have to say I'm surprised, but not surprised, that Crash Landing is on that list. I think people were really sad about the second couple, though the first couple had a great ending. In my eyes, it made sense though! :MewHi:

I watched Cheese in the trap, but the trauma is not the same as DDSSLLS! :laugh: they just did a very open ending and they did not end up together. They just had a time jump wherein the girl is working already and still no news on the guy. Then the drama ended with them crossing path (crossing the street literally) but never saw each other. (If I remember correctly)

Park Hae Jin had some guts  because he voiced out his disappointment on the writing of the show. Thats why they made a movie after that. Imagine if GAR or LJW voiced out their frustrations on the ending, they might not have future projects if they say some negative things on the writing of the show, other writers might not cast them thinking 'they might have something bad to say about it' ....But Park Hae Jin is a different story becuase he has a very big name in the industry. 

1 hour ago, JenL said:

We all survived the trauma and only complain minimally about the ending :laugh: In all seriousness, I'd like to Thank you all for being such a lovely and supportive bunch! Without you all I don't think I would have gotten through the healing process as well. Everyone's happy and logical theories and reminders of happy scenes and sharing of fangirling has been so supportive :BulbaOWO::hearties:

Yep, that's why I always end up sharing my link to my post about getting over the ending. I know some people had such a bitter aftertaste that they dismissed the whole show even though they loved it while it aired. So I like to remind people of the characters and heartwarming story and romance...and the really wonderful acting by both the actors who would have had no say in the ending themselves! :idk:

Im so happy to discover this thread. So happy I have all of you to share thoughts and frustrations with. Super thanks to @stroppyse and @JenL for all the hard work and effort. I am surviving becuase of all your uploads and @JenL blog. 🥰 i just wish everyone who has done some nasty reviews on the drama would find their way to your blog. I have watched/ read a lot of bad reviews about the ending that they forgot about sharing the beauty of the whole drama and the talent of all the actors. I dont like how  some people would say that LJW needs to pick a better drama in the future.... this is a good drama and LJW did amazing in it :mad:

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, twinkler0415 said:

I have watched/ read a lot of bad reviews about the ending that they forgot about sharing the beauty of the whole drama and the talent of all the actors. I dont like how  some people would say that LJW needs to pick a better drama in the future.... this is a good drama and LJW did amazing in it :mad:

Exactly my thoughts! And I too didn't like those comments saying about LJW's choice. He brought us a character that we could always root for, same goes to GAR and the rest of the supporting casts who gave such life to the city of Eunpo. I remember coming across a discussion thread elsewhere that was quite harsh in commenting about the age gap so I cannot imagine how much worst they would be for the ending! Hence I'm glad for this thread here that we could "listen" to each other's thoughts and do the reasoning for plots written, discerningly. 

2 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

Park Hae Jin had some guts  because he voiced out his disappointment on the writing of the show. Thats why they made a movie after that. Imagine if GAR or LJW voiced out their frustrations on the ending, they might not have future projects if they say some negative things on the writing of the show, other writers might not cast them thinking 'they might have something bad to say about it' ....But Park Hae Jin is a different story becuase he has a very big name in the industry. 

Wow...so that's what happened...I didn't know PHJ is a big name at the time but I guess I may not have enjoyed much of the ending too since I've always remember him in Seo-Young, My Daughter and Bad Guys. 

3 hours ago, JenL said:

I loved that piano piece! :laugh::hearties: But I think it was the first hint we were going to have a difficult ending.

I actually rewatched that scene recently. I think Jun's face losing the happiness was because Lala said it was the name of the song instead of her confessing that she wanted him though! But Lala did explain to him that the woman married many times....And Jun did say "That sounds sad" :letalQQ: I think the more obvious hint was the mirroring from The Graduate with the runaway bride and Dr Cha's Ex saying it looked like a sad ending ending. 

You just made me realised how much hints in these music were all along for the drama while I was just enjoying how beautiful they are no matter sad or uplifting the story behind it as RaRa explains. It's great though to see them come together fitting the puzzle now that the drama ended so I can rewatch and appreciate these details in threefold. 

3 hours ago, JenL said:

BRAVO! (imagining RaRa's father clapping and supporting us all) 

3 hours ago, JenL said:

Yep, I think this pairing will always sit nicely in my heart. To be honest, I'd rarely seen any GAR projects in the past and only really noticed her in passing like photo shoots etc. I think the first time I heard of her was when she did a photoshoot with Kim Bum after boys over flowers. But I felt charmed by her pretty much as soon as this drama got underway after the first episode. And I've loved seeing her in all her interviews.

As GAR has a lot more dramas and films for you to choose from...I'd say when you're ready to see her with another pairing, you can watch one of these: You're All Surrounded (for drama) and The Magician (for film). There's a bit of age gap similarity here with the drama and film. In the drama, her character is older than the guy while for the film, the co-star is younger than her in real life. And yeah, she's great in interviews and now that she's much older...when I do look back at her much earlier interviews, she still carry the same energy so it's been wonderful to see her growth as an actress yet in person, she's quite like the way she has always been since debut. 

3 hours ago, JenL said:

I think not @eNDe and @purplefin. That's why my friend sent it to a shipping company/ forwarding service which lost my parcel.

But no fear because they are replacing the items and sending it today!  :CharmanderYay: I hope they actually arrive though because then I remember the DDSSLLS curse :laugh:

Hahaha...do let us know when you got them safely! 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
20 hours ago, JenL said:

Cheese in the trap was supposedly in my watch list but a lot were disappointed with the ending so I didn't bother. 😆🙈

---------

I did watch W as well but stopped half way through. The plot was making me dizzy. 😅 

City hunter, I did watch, forgot the ending 😆

Boys over flowers was okay as I watched the Taiwanese series first. 😅

Memories of the Alhambra, I didn't finish as well. It was just wasn't my cup of tea. And I didn't see any chemistry between Hyun Bin and Park Shin hye. 😅

---------

20 hours ago, JenL said:

Yep, I think this pairing will always sit nicely in my heart

Me too.  They will always have a special place. Hope they can be together again for future projects. 💙

20 hours ago, JenL said:

think not @eNDe and @purplefin. That's why my friend sent it to a shipping company/ forwarding service which lost my parcel.

That's sad...  for us abroad.. but I hope you do get yours. ☺

20 hours ago, JenL said:

Will there be a DVD set for the series...I'm thinking probably not :thinking: I feel like this was it?

Ohh.. that was the other "only hope" 😅. I thought every series get a dvd release. 😂

20 hours ago, JenL said:

KBS dropped this today and DDSSLLS was first on the video :BulbaOWO:

I just wished their exposure was longer and they could have include the beach scene 😄

19 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

I watched Cheese in the trap, but the trauma is not the same as DDSSLLS! :laugh:

Hahaha. Which one is more traumatic? 🤣😂

Thats why they made a movie after that. Imagine if GAR or LJW voiced out their frustrations on the ending, they might not have future projects if they say some negative things on the writing of the show, other writers might not cast them thinking 'they might have something bad to say about it' ....But Park Hae Jin is a different story becuase he has a very big name in the industry. 

Isn't GAR big in S. Korea? I thought she is,  considering she started young. 🤣

She has been nominated for a lot of awards and  won some  especially during her younger years. 

She is also one of a few korean actresses who have natural beauty and she has the prettiest eyes. Thought she's a household name there. 😅

I didn't know Park haejin is that big. 😅Wow. Was he the only cast that was also in the movie? 

Im so happy to discover this thread. So happy I have all of you to share thoughts and frustrations with. Super thanks to @stroppyse and @JenL for all the hard work and effort. I am surviving becuase of all your uploads and @JenL blog. 🥰 i just wish everyone who has done some nasty reviews on the drama would find their way to your blog. I have watched/ read a lot of bad reviews about the ending that they forgot about sharing the beauty of the whole drama and the talent of all the actors. I dont like how  some people would say that LJW needs to pick a better drama in the future.... this is a good drama and LJW did amazing in it :mad:

Me too . I wish I could have discovered this forum sooner while the drama was still ongoing. 😅

I mentioned it in the other thread too, about some bad/nasty reviews of others, it's like the actors efforts were tainted by the drama's ending.  I really do hope that their acting skills and chemistry will be recognised as they played their characters very well.

---------

I think it was in asianwiki,  that I've read quite good responses to the drama. 

I have observed that there are two types of people who had watched this drama 😅. The insightful and appreciative ones, who see the positivity despite the situation and the close minded  negative ones. 🤣

----------

I don't think they are right to judge LJW about his drama choices. And I assume, they don't get the script of the drama as a whole but is it per episode? ( I am not sure how it works 😆). 

---------

16 hours ago, eNDe said:

Hence I'm glad for this thread here that we could "listen" to each other's thoughts and do the reasoning for plots written, discerningly. 

Yes, glad to have found this forum. 

It seems like we healed each other too. 😊

16 hours ago, eNDe said:

As GAR has a lot more dramas and films for you to choose from...I'd say when you're ready to see her with another pairing

I have watched some of her dramas but DDSSLLS  is the only one I finished 😆

( I am trying to re-watch and finish Reply 1994). Rara's  character is best suited for her, hugely because Rara is really like her IRL. 😅  

Edited by purplefin
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Hello friends! Just want to comment on GAR being big in South Korea, yes she is big, one of the hallyu stars. She generated a lot of buzz from her debut days because of her beautiful face and striking hazel eyes. I don't think she nor LJW will speak ill against the DDSSLLS production because for one, they are both good and gentle people. Second, the production is also quiet about the people's complains about the ending. Third, many dramas have disappointing and vague endings as well (let's say I have invested a lot of time in ALICE only to be confused and dazed in the later episodes and shocked at the wreck that is called their ending! hahaa)

Anyway, PHJ did complain about Cheese in the Trap because the original author of the webtoon complained first about the drama's direction and the fans of the webtoon were going crazy that time because the drama deviated so much from the original webtoon. The production even apologized to the original author after that incident. PHJ's scenes were also reduced a lot, he filmed a lot of scenes only to be deleted and in the later episodes, he became a side character and not the lead anymore for the story focused on the FL and the second lead so people were complaining. It was really unfair for him...

DDSSLLS is an original work of the scriptwriter and technically she has the liberty to do want she wants with her universe. Well, we just all wish that it was more logical, clearer, better and happier for Rara and Jun.

Edited by Unnie0110
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, Unnie0110 said:

Hello friends! Just want to comment on GAR being big in South Korea, yes she is big, one of the hallyu stars. She generated a lot of buzz from her debut days because of her beautiful face and striking hazel eyes. I don't think she nor LJW will speak ill against the DDSSLLS production because for one, they are both good and gentle people. Second, the production is also quiet about the people's complains about the ending. Third, many dramas have disappointing and vague endings as well (let's say I have invested a lot of time in ALICE only to be confused and dazed in the later episodes and shocked at the wreck that is called their ending! hahaa)

Anyway, PHJ did complain about Cheese in the Trap because the original author of the webtoon complained first about the drama's direction and the fans of the webtoon were going crazy that time because the drama deviated so much from the original webtoon. The production even apologized to the original author after that incident. PHJ's scenes were also reduced a lot, he filmed a lot of scenes only to be deleted and in the later episodes, he became a side character and not the lead anymore for the story focused on the FL and the second lead so people were complaining. It was really unfair for him...

DDSSLLS is an original work of the scriptwriter and technically she has the liberty to do want she wants with her universe. Well, we just all wish that it was more logical, clearer, better and happier for Rara and Jun.

Make sense with Cheese in the Trap situation turning into movie. I did wonder back then why it needed so, thanks for the further explanation! Indeed, many dramas (not just kdrama) do go through different kind of endings - vague or even predictable so getting a highly satisfying one usually require a great deal of understanding between writer and its fanbase. That being said, I think a longer running series drama has more chances to get that satisfying or deserving ending. I usually see that in US dramas that I used to follow eg. The Mentalist and recently Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

7 hours ago, purplefin said:

I have watched some of her dramas but DDSSLLS  is the only one I finished 😆

( I am trying to re-watch and finish Reply 1994). Rara's  character is best suited for her, hugely because Rara is really like her IRL. 😅

Totally understand, I most certainly don't watch all of other actor/actresses's dramas/films even though I like them. I appreciate their talent and also them as who they are yet I remain true to the genre or character writing that would make me follow through all the way. I remember watching GAR in Hwarang and I couldn't finish the drama. haha. I usually love period drama. However, I wouldn't say it's a catastrophe. Instead, I try to find good takeaways which was I think her chemistry with Park Hyun-sik and their characters together were great and wish they would work together as main leads in the future. But you're right, DDSSLLS and RaRa is best suited thanks to being as close as her real life personality. :yayaya: 

Edited by eNDe
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 hours ago, purplefin said:

Hahaha. Which one is more traumatic?

Dodosolsol was more traumatic! Haha becuase I really loved everthing about it and wanted more in the end... also more tears. 😅 Cheese in tha trap has a strong 2nd lead sydnrome so I dont mind her not ending up with the guy 😄 that has been the problem of Park Hae Jin in the drama, the story focused more on the 2nd lead. There was 1 episode in CITT wherein PHJ only appeared for a few minutes and the whole episode focused on the 2nd lead and the girl. 

Wow. Was he the only cast that was also in the movie

Park hae jin is the only main cast that was in the movie. There was one minor cast who is a bit of a bully in the story that was also there. But thats it. 

Isn't GAR big in S. Korea? I thought she is,  considering she started young. 🤣

She has been nominated for a lot of awards and  won some  especially during her younger years. 

She is also one of a few korean actresses who have natural beauty and she has the prettiest eyes. Thought she's a household name there. 😅

Actually she is a household name in S. Korea. But i guess male celebrities are bigger compared to female? She is indeed one of the most beautiful ones there and super humble and kind

I have observed that there are two types of people who had watched this  watched this drama 😅. The insightful and appreciative ones, who see the positivity despite the situation and the close minded  negative ones

True on this one!!! We can never change the minds of the close minded ones. They are the types of drama watchers who only sees the negative and complains alot 🤣 

2 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

s. I don't think she nor LJW will speak ill against the DDSSLLS production because for one, they are both good and gentle people

Youre right! Both good people. 'Queen of positivity' (and king) 

2 hours ago, Unnie0110 said:

PHJ did complain about Cheese in the Trap because the original author of the webtoon complained first about the drama's direction and the fans of the webtoon were going crazy that time because the drama deviated so much from the original webtoon. The production even apologized to the original author after that incident. PHJ's scenes were also reduced a lot, he filmed a lot of scenes only to be deleted and in the later episodes, he became a side character and not the lead anymore for the story focused on the FL and the second lead so people were complaining. It was really unfair for him...

Thank you for this info! My intel was incomplete  😄

1 hour ago, eNDe said:

I think a longer running series drama has more chances to get that satisfying or deserving ending. I usually see that in US dramas that I used to follow

True on this one. Longer running series has more chances to get that satisfying ending. Why does kdramas have to stick with only 16 episode 😑 

1 hour ago, eNDe said:

I remember watching GAR in Hwarang and I couldn't finish the drama. haha. But you're right, DDSSLLS and RaRa is best suited thanks to being as close as her real life personality.

GAR had alot of haters after hwarang! They dont like her acting there. Actually her crying there is too much that its kinda irritating to watch.(no offense, please dont get mad at me) But here in DDSSLLS, her acting and crying improved alot

Edited by twinkler0415
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, twinkler0415 said:

GAR had alot of haters after hwarang! They dont like her acting there. Actually her crying there is too much that its kinda irritating to watch.(no offense, please dont get mad at me) But here in DDSSLLS, her acting and crying improved alot

Hahaha no, even I find it annoying that they made her character cried a lot. Just that I don’t go around writing hating comments like she’s a doomed actress for all to avoid. That was how bad some people can be and I hope it’s not bias towards female actresses only or that’s another infuriatingly unfair behaviour. 

I know her eyes are beautiful to film teary visuals and she can produce tears well in all her dramas BUT there is a limit too for me to see an actress/actor having to repetitively do things like crying or getting mad and screaming.

For period setting, she was definitely better in The Magician and Haechi, played completely different roles and the female characters written way way better. That’s the thing for kdrama, when I first got introduced to it, I really couldn’t watch because I find the female characters not as interesting and my friend was always telling me abt rom-com. Haha. Only when I watched 3 Days (thanks to my dad! yes, he loves kdrama and I happened to sit next to him one day) and saw Park Ha-sun’s character that I started looking into those that write equally good male and female characters. 

Sorry off-topic from DDSSLLS! Hehe. 

——————————————————

Oh I found these fan edits that’s from the same IG account @JenL shared before. I love the latest edits! 

ep 16 edit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJGp1NWp7aO/?igshid=sec5mws8l2rl

photoshoot edit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHLhewpiQi/?igshid=1rxdp61ofcpos

Edited by eNDe
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 12/23/2020 at 12:55 AM, twinkler0415 said:

I watched Cheese in the trap, but the trauma is not the same as DDSSLLS!  they just did a very open ending and they did not end up together. They just had a time jump wherein the girl is working already and still no news on the guy. Then the drama ended with them crossing path (crossing the street literally) but never saw each other. (If I remember correctly)

On 12/23/2020 at 10:38 AM, purplefin said:

Hahaha. Which one is more traumatic?

Hahaha, I never watched the drama, but that still sounds like a pretty traumatic ending! I was curious after you described this so I went to read up on the ending of Cheese in the Trap...and it seems like the female character sent the guy lots of email and texts...and he never opens them or reads them!!! And then the ending was that he finally opened one email or something and they walk across the road and he calls her name...but you never know if they see each other or not....I mean, if they had ended DDSSLLS like that (ie. insert Lala into the female lead's role and Jun into the male lead's role), I would have cried :psweatduck: 

I'm not sure if I could have justified a happy ending out of that! :letalQQ: Poor fans of Cheese in the Trap! No wonder they were angry!

I think DDSSLLS is only traumatic because I loved the characters sooooo much, but they just didn't  bother explaining the angst in the final arc...given the technical happy last 10 mins...I guess at least I could justify the happy ending by rationalising from what I knew of the drama and characters? The lack of  explanation just made me question the writer's decisions and wanting closure though. :thinking:

On 12/23/2020 at 3:57 PM, Unnie0110 said:

I don't think she nor LJW will speak ill against the DDSSLLS production because for one, they are both good and gentle people. Second, the production is also quiet about the people's complains about the ending.

I think there were also other issues in Cheese in the Trap like PHJ being left out by the Director and not invited to a cast end-of-filming trip etc. So I think there was a lot of cliqueness. In terms of DDSSLLS, I think the actors, cast, crew and Directors had a very, very good working relationship, so I think it was very different because there was no politics - they were just following the writer's script.

I agree with @Unnie0110 in that I think GAR and LJW are very gentle and chill personalities and I don't see them being dissatisfied on the whole. I'm not sure if GAR or LJW were frustrated with the script because they liked working with everyone. GAR also won a lot of support through her character, so she was fine. I think Jun got the short end of the stick, though LJW did describe Jun in multiple interviews as a "sweet and salty" character, so I wonder if he knew how it would end?  :thinking: Regardless, it didn't affect his popularity since people just love him as an actor...but the ratings for the show plummeted after it aired...and still continues to waver, since new fans are angry once they finish it, which is fair enough since the shock factor gets you (I just hope they don't dismiss the series though because it's just so good bar the ending!) 

LJW is also relatively young in the industry, and a very personable celebrity who gets along with everyone, and he's from an agency that seems strict, so even if he didn't think it was the best ending, I don't think he'd cause any drama about it :idk: But I also think he's a pretty chill person and would probably be thinking that it is what it is, especially since he's used to playing characters with a salty, bad boy element to them :lenny:

On 12/23/2020 at 3:57 PM, Unnie0110 said:

Many dramas have disappointing and vague endings as well (let's say I have invested a lot of time in ALICE only to be confused and dazed in the later episodes and shocked at the wreck that is called their ending! hahaa)

I agree a lot with this! I have seen many bad endings over the years and sometimes it's made me take huge drama breaks because I'm so annoyed with bad scriptwriting towards the end of a series. And I'm someone who can deal with an open ending as long as it's reasonable and logical to the story (I know some fans who cannot stand them and only want happy endings, so it must be even tougher for them :laugh:.) I don't know why more editors/ TV people are not consulted when it comes to the ending of series? Like here's your chance to seal the deal and maybe make money from DVDs and merch....but they let entire series gets wrecked and go down with bad reviews and no sales instead!! I suspect it's because of hierarchy and fear of offending people of higher ranks or something :thinking: 

And yes, unlike Cheese in the Trap the writer had total control for this world. But what strange choices. It's just mean to leave us all hanging and wanting more. I wish we could force writers to explain or justify their choices!! (Maybe by gunpoint) :KittyGun:

Im so happy to discover this thread. So happy I have all of you to share thoughts and frustrations with. Super thanks to @stroppyse and @JenL for all the hard work and effort. I am surviving becuase of all your uploads and @JenL blog. i just wish everyone who has done some nasty reviews on the drama would find their way to your blog. I have watched/ read a lot of bad reviews about the ending that they forgot about sharing the beauty of the whole drama and the talent of all the actors. I dont like how  some people would say that LJW needs to pick a better drama in the future.... this is a good drama and LJW did amazing in it 

Hehe, I'm glad the videos and blog has helped to lessen the pain! :heart: I do try to direct all the negative, just-finished-and-hating-this-series fans to the post :laugh: Mostly the ones who are not fully hating the series (because I think some people can be very rude/spiteful and will not change their minds)...but some people are just hurt about the final arc and wanted some comfort and closure, the way we did. It's been a nice way to have conversations with other fans too, since a lot of people think in similar ways. 

Totally agree that people saying LJW needed to pick better projects are very negative and have literally dismissed the beauty of the drama and the talent of the actors. I think LJW did an excellent job bringing out the character otherwise we wouldn't have been so sucked in towards the end. Also, I think a lot of viewers want instant gratification, so they don't take time to think about the series and the fact that they enjoyed everything, but have to work a little bit more to 'get' the ending. I mean, endings shouldn't work like that either, but this one was technically happy, so you could at least squeeze something out of it :idk:

That's sad...  for us abroad.. but I hope you do get yours. 

Hahaha, it's looking more promising as I got an email about the parcel this time :laugh:

Ohh.. that was the other "only hope" . I thought every series get a dvd release.

I think DVDs are expensive to produce these days, so I feel like that's it :letalQQ:. I could be wrong though? I'm sure there's always going to be a pirate version too :laugh:

I just wished their exposure was longer and they could have include the beach scene . 

Yep, I liked that DDSSLLS scene they picked, but it seems random given that there were more prominent and romantic scenes to select from since they selected more romantic scenes from some of the other dramas in that reel. I hope it's not a bad sign... :pandascared:

I wish I could have discovered this forum sooner while the drama was still ongoing.

I mentioned it in the other thread too, about some bad/nasty reviews of others, it's like the actors efforts were tainted by the drama's ending.  I really do hope that their acting skills and chemistry will be recognised as they played their characters very well.

I think it was in asianwiki,  that I've read quite good responses to the drama. 

I have observed that there are two types of people who had watched this drama 😅. The insightful and appreciative ones, who see the positivity despite the situation and the close minded  negative ones. 🤣

glad to have found this forum. 

It seems like we healed each other too.

I'm glad you all found your way here! It's nice to have people who can look beyond the ending and still love the series for what it was! :heart:  Even though the drama is finished, it's nice to have a support group to ease ourselves from the sadness of it being over too...I think that's the other thing when you're very invested in a series. Sometimes you need more people to be around while you say good bye! You've put it very well - There's definitely 2 types of people! Some people can see all the different flavours of this series and others just refuse to because it wasn't want they wanted. Meh, I guess you can't always get what you want! :MewHi:

On 12/23/2020 at 5:33 PM, eNDe said:

Many dramas (not just kdrama) do go through different kind of endings - vague or even predictable so getting a highly satisfying one usually require a great deal of understanding between writer and its fanbase. That being said, I think a longer running series drama has more chances to get that satisfying or deserving ending. 

That's true, Kdramas are not the only ones that can have fallout endings. I think there's a danger with adaptations where the writer has not finished the series. This was want happened with Cheese in the Trap, but also Game of Thrones. I never watched it, but I know everyone around me was really disappointed with the ending. Hahaha and I don't know about the longer series theory @eNDe and @twinkler0415. Two of the worst US series endings were for How I Met Your Mother , which ran for 9 seasons and Dexter which ran for 8 seasons! I was not super invested in HIMYM, but I was super annoyed at that ending - in fact when I first watched DDSSLLS, I did find similarities in where things went wrong (they went down a sudden death by disease path!) But while I've made peace with DDSSLLS, I don't think I can ever for HIMYM even though I wasn't highly invested! :laugh: The ending was really infuriating - I found the 'trick' by the writers even worse than the one we got.

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 12/23/2020 at 2:53 AM, Just_Me said:

Thanks for sharing! I think they should be higher than number 8 :laugh: In my eyes Lala and Jun were number #1 :BulbaOWO::hearties:

On 12/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Dodosolsol was more traumatic! Haha becuase I really loved everthing about it and wanted more in the end... also more tears. 😅 Cheese in tha trap has a strong 2nd lead sydnrome so I dont mind her not ending up with the guy 😄 that has been the problem of Park Hae Jin in the drama, the story focused more on the 2nd lead. There was 1 episode in CITT wherein PHJ only appeared for a few minutes and the whole episode focused on the 2nd lead and the girl. 

Hahaha, I know what you mean. There have been other worse endings I guess...but this one was personal because we were all so invested! But I'm glad we didn't have this problem for DDSSLLS...can you imagine if there was a whole episode where it was Dr Cha and Lala...and Jun only came for a few minutes??? :lettalKWA: :laugh:

On 12/23/2020 at 6:10 PM, twinkler0415 said:

On 12/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, eNDe said:

Hahaha no, even I find it annoying that they made her character cried a lot. Just that I don’t go around writing hating comments like she’s a doomed actress for all to avoid. That was how bad some people can be and I hope it’s not bias towards female actresses only or that’s another infuriatingly unfair behaviour. 

Admittedly, before DDSSLLS, I wasn't keen to watch dramas with Go Ara because those rumours did float around her. It's a shame that people pass those rumours because it does affect others from trying their projects! And I was also thinking of putting Hwarang on my watch list because I love Park Hyung Sik and forgot they had worked together...but now I'll see :laugh: 

On 12/23/2020 at 11:56 PM, eNDe said:

Oh I found these fan edits that’s from the same IG account @JenL shared before. I love the latest edits! 

ep 16 edit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJGp1NWp7aO/?igshid=sec5mws8l2rl

photoshoot edit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJHLhewpiQi/?igshid=1rxdp61ofcpos

That DDDSSLLS instagram is sooooo good. I love that they've made a number of beautiful video edits :BulbaOWO::hearties:

There's another account I also like called One Cloudy Day. They just put up the scene of Jun telling Lala he is DDSSLLS. There's no subs here but even watching their expressions, it's funny knowing Jun is telling the truth and Lala is dismissing him! :laugh:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJLYPcMpLjD/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJLYptHJhfJ/

Edited by JenL
  • Heart Eyes 1

A Christmas present, fully subbed :BulbaOWO::hearties:

I have to say DDSSLLS had one of the most painful Christmas episodes for the drama, but Mimi was so cute in her Christmas costume so here's a reminder of the cutest part of that Christmas!

2L5fodw.jpg

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Party! 1

On 12/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, JenL said:

I was also thinking of putting Hwarang on my watch list because I love Park Hyung Sik and forgot they had worked together...but now I'll see 

Try to watch hwarang for Park Hyung Shik! He looks gorgeous there and his chemistry with GAR is also good 

On 12/24/2020 at 9:18 PM, JenL said:

Mimi was so cute in her Christmas costume so here's a reminder of the cutest part of that Christmas!

Mimi is so cute! Thank you for subved BTS @JenL

On 12/24/2020 at 9:02 PM, JenL said:

Admittedly, before DDSSLLS, I wasn't keen to watch dramas with Go Ara because those rumours did float around her. It's a shame that people pass those rumours because it does affect others from trying their projects!

My sister kept on saying she doesnt like anything with GAR in it, maybe bacause of these rumors about her acting. She never gave GAR a chance. I told her to try to watch DOdosol but still refused, then I told her I'll give her money if she watches it (she immediately agreed 😄) i'll have to wait and see if her (prejudiced) opinion on GAR will change 😅

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, twinkler0415 said:

My sister kept on saying she doesnt like anything with GAR in it, maybe bacause of these rumors about her acting. She never gave GAR a chance. I told her to try to watch DOdosol but still refused, then I told her I'll give her money if she watches it (she immediately agreed 😄) i'll have to wait and see if her (prejudiced) opinion on GAR will change 😅

:laugh:hahahaha..you and your sister have cute sibling relationship..remind me of drama scenes..hope her opinion about Go Ara will change..

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 12/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, twinkler0415 said:

Try to watch hwarang for Park Hyung Shik! He looks gorgeous there and his chemistry with GAR is also good 

It's on my list for when I can watch other GAR and LJW pairings again :laugh: I'll at least give it a try I guess.

On 12/26/2020 at 7:38 PM, twinkler0415 said:

On 12/26/2020 at 7:51 PM, Just_Me said:

haha..you and your sister have cute sibling relationship..remind me of drama scenes..hope her opinion about Go Ara will change..

Hahaha, I like that you bribed her to watch DDSSLLS. Hopefully this is the project that clicks for her

BTW, I subbed this BTS video as well for anyone still looking for a dose of GAR and LJW behind the scenes! 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

LOL I could tell Kim Joohun was not going to end up winning for Best supporting actor for DDSSLLS at KBS awards because he was at the SBS awards winning for Dr Romantic 2 :laugh:

But Ye Jiwon (Hairdresser) won for DDSSLLS best supporting actress

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1