3. 3. Ending of the Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol will be:

• Start with wedding, end with wedding of Jun & Rara
    • Time jump before the happy ending of Jun & Rara
    • Ambiguous ending
    • Separation ending
    • Others, you can share more in thread

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

I am so happy to see Rara looks so happy but still waiting for good explanation about Ep.14 hahaha

Meee toooo. Like you stabbed all our hearts. I think we deserve to know what happened???? Damn writers :pandarage2:

LOL this show has been too distracting for work life :laugh:...but I have a day off tomorrow so will catch up proper on this thread

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

1 hour ago, JenL said:

But is it this episode?!?! Ahhhhhh!!!

The captions on the still say "Tonight".

1 hour ago, Just_Me said:

I am so happy to see Rara looks so happy but still waiting for good explanation about Ep.14 hahaha

Ditto on both of your sentiments.

1 hour ago, JenL said:

Meee toooo. Like you stabbed all our hearts. I think we deserve to know what happened???? Damn writers :pandarage2:

LOL this show has been too distracting for work life :laugh:...but I have a day off tomorrow so will catch up proper on this thread

Yes! We totally deserve to know what happened, as does La La!

Tomorrow, you'll be able to watch episode 15 and give us your verdict.

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Oooohhh, Thank you! Looking forward to it then. I forgive Jun so easily when I see happy stills :laugh:

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Tomorrow, you'll be able to watch episode 15 and give us your verdict.

Hahaha, it'll be 2:00am in the morning when I'll have watched and done the write up...provided that the episode does not drag me into despair :lol: I never did a write up for episode 14 because I didn't have the heart to. It broke me upon watch!! :scaredpanda2: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JenL said:
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Oooohhh, Thank you! Looking forward to it then. I forgive Jun so easily when I see happy stills :laugh:

I hope all this 'hopeful' stills is not a bait by KBS to lure us just to crush our heart later on..:GengarPout::pandasadspoon:

But still, I am happy just by looking all those stills. :wow:

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes! We totally deserve to know what happened, as does La La!

Yessss...I can't stop being curious for the whole week since last episode. 

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha, I love that LJW's agency posted a video of him and the caption said "What secret do you have Jun?" :laugh:

They also posted this pic on a sub-account. His eyelashes are pretty here :heart:

RDJE9Kj.jpg

8 minutes ago, Just_Me said:

I hope all this 'hopeful' stills is not a bait by KBS to lure us just to crush our heart later on..

I hope not! Well you never know, but I think they would be afraid of the rating dropping for the finale if too much angst? But I guess it's ultimately up to the writers. I wonder how much say a station has over a script. Do they just accept a finished script? Or do they have someone have a say...but not sure if that oversteps the mark? But I guess I wonder about the editing process for a drama and whether stations just accept drama scripts or actually review them. :thinking: Still I think they've said happy ending now...but just hoping no more dangerous twists before then! :psweatduck:

• Like 1

I do really can't stop being curious :heiboi:

what's the reasons that change Jun into Twinkles 'enemy' over night?

So I read some articles about  L'elisir d'amore, an opera (which Una Furtiva Lagrima (title of Episode 14 taken from) as my desperate effort to understand Ep.14

This is long post filled with my "silly" theory so I apologize in advance for anyone here..I am so sorry, but I have to get out this out of my head:duckpout:.

I found same similar storyline but different situation. In short, the opera tell the story a man who madly in love with a woman bit unfortunately it's one sided love. He does everything to make her fall for him, but she keep saying no. After drunk some elixir (he thought it was an elixir) He start to ignore her because he believes that she will fall for him anyway (because of elixir). So she pretends that she will marry someone else to annoy him. In panic of lose her he willing to buy stronger elixir but he has no money so  'sold' himself with some agreement. Also there's a part where another women start to hanging around him and that's when she's realize that she's actually really love him. She pay back the money so the agreement cancelled and set him free. she believe he will come back to her because of love.

After reading this I can't help but to think this theory:

- his parent drug him (with GY's help)  so he can't meet Rara that day. They know he will go straight to her after CSAT over. 

- they took his phone away so he can't contact Rara. 

- His parent may say something about Rara (like she doesn't deserve him, or she just took advantage of him or she's not truly love him and stay with him as act of kindness so Jun willing to study again) and of course won't believe it since he believes Rara truly love him

- so they make a deal that if Rara not hold into him or not looking out for him after that night it's a sign that Rara not really love him so Jun must break up with her no matter what and never contact her again . And vise versa, if she does then they will let him date her.

- his parents maybe come up with this deal because they know how kind and considerate Rara is, that she willing to do anything for Jun goodness and future. Jun on other hand, he never doubt Rara loves him that's he accept the deal.

- his parent hold for his phone during the agreed times and maybe not come to Eunpo is  part of agreement too that's why Jun never call Rara or try to come to Eunpo.

- Rara does try to message and call him, but never try to looking for him again (except on their meeting day when see meet Ga Young). She just wait for him. 

- Jun staged his fake dating with Ga Young as his last effort to make Rara come to him since he know Mr.Chu is sent by Ga Young and maybe he wish that Ha Young will tell Rara. 

- the day Jun call her to meet up could be the last day of the deal, which mean Jun must keep his words to break up with her and maybe his parent threat him they will take back the money spent to buy Lala Land buildings. Also at some point Jun may feel disappointment because Rara not really try to looking for him even after not being able to get in touch with him or maybe he start to doubt about Rara feeling, that she only be kind to him and not truly love him like he does. 

- To think about it Rara never really say her feeling/love to Jun, she ask for breakup so Jun could concentrate on his study, paid back her debts (as if she want to cut ties), she not allowed him to call or visit her for 6month and she keeps saying 'No, I don't want to' lately. In desperate state he could easily believe that Rara not really love him. That's why he didn't say anything to her. Because he didn't want to break the deal with his parent that could make her lose Lala Land. Jun might think that even Rara not love him, at least after they break up She will still have Lala Land so she could go on with her life.

- But after saw Rara cried so much after the break up, he realize that she does truly love him. That's why he cried too.

- Jun meet his father maybe to tell him that he want to study abroad. 

To be honest after saw stills released today the thoughts of Jun may terminally ill broke my heart:letalQQ:Look at those Rara happy face, she doesn't deserve another heartbreaking news ( if the theory Jun is really sick came out as the truth)

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, JenL said:

But I guess it's ultimately up to the writers. I wonder how much say a station has over a script. Do they just accept a finished script? Or do they have someone have a say...but not sure if that oversteps the mark? But I guess I wonder about the editing process for a drama and whether stations just accept drama scripts or actually review them. 

It depends on the drama. A fully pre-produced drama is one that is filmed and edited prior to the station getting it to broadcast (e.g. Descendents of the Sun, Record of Youth), so the stations have no say in the development of the plot.

However, most dramas will start airing with just the initial episodes finished filming, then film as they go. They call this "live shooting". Anyway, these dramas can have plot lines changed and rewritten, responding to ratings or criticism. It's more common in the longer episode count dramas since they tend to have more plotlines and characters to work with anyway, not to mention more time to get viewer reactions and change the script, but can happen to mini-dramas as well, though in a much more limited way. (Mini-dramas are the 16 episode ones.)

For instance, I think they've already wrapped the filming for this drama, so doubt that anyone can change the ending at this point. We all just have to wait to see what the production team gives us.

• Like 1

After reading this I can't help but to think this theory:

- his parent drug him (with GY's help)  so he can't meet Rara that day. They know he will go straight to her after CSAT over. 

- they took his phone away so he can't contact Rara. 

- His parent may say something about Rara (like she doesn't deserve him, or she just took advantage of him or she's not truly love him and stay with him as act of kindness so Jun willing to study again) and of course won't believe it since he believes Rara truly love him

- so they make a deal that if Rara not hold into him or not looking out for him after that night it's a sign that Rara not really love him so Jun must break up with her no matter what and never contact her again . And vise versa, if she does then they will let him date her.

Hmmm I feel like they did drug him to prevent him from seeing her...knowing that there would be a chance or maybe accidentally seeing their messages or something. But I don't know about a deal...they seem to be the kind of parents who are like my way or the high way :HaunterOK:  But as we all know in this drama, anything is possible.

- Jun staged his fake dating with Ga Young as his last effort to make Rara come to him since he know Mr.Chu is sent by Ga Young and maybe he wish that Ha Young will tell Rara. 

Actually there were some stills of Jun with Mr Chu...It looks like they might have had a deeper interaction than was initially revealed? I wonder if he did help him with the photos. But whhhyyyyy??

otA9dqJ.jpg

- To think about it Rara never really say her feeling/love to Jun, she ask for breakup so Jun could concentrate on his study, paid back her debts (as if she want to cut ties), she not allowed him to call or visit her for 6month and she keeps saying 'No, I don't want to' lately. In desperate state he could easily believe that Rara not really love him. That's why he didn't say anything to her. Because he didn't want to break the deal with his parent that could make her lose Lala Land. Jun might think that even Rara not love him, at least after they break up She will still have Lala Land so she could go on with her life.

- But after saw Rara cried so much after the break up, he realize that she does truly love him. That's why he cried too.

But I feel like this would be cruel to test her feelings like that. Like I feel like he would have known the moment she walked in. And the fact she tried to call him when he didn't turn up...I think I'd need it to be more serious for me to feel better about it all! 

I do have to say this writer has been brave with her choices. 1. She probably would have known a lot of people would hate the high-schooler twist. 2. She probably would have known that there would be a lot of hate for episode 14, especially since she's literally built up the sweetest guy (except he's super young :laugh:) Can't say she's not a risk taker! 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

However, most dramas will start airing with just the initial episodes finished filming, then film as they go. They call this "live shooting". Anyway, these dramas can have plot lines changed and rewritten, responding to ratings or criticism. It's more common in the longer episode count dramas since they tend to have more plotlines and characters to work with anyway, not to mention more time to get viewer reactions and change the script, but can happen to mini-dramas as well, though in a much more limited way. (Mini-dramas are the 16 episode ones.)

For instance, I think they've already wrapped the filming for this drama, so doubt that anyone can change the ending at this point. We all just have to wait to see what the production team gives us.

Interesting. This is similar to Taiwanese dramas I think - they tend to film as they go...but despite having a longer run (1 episode for week over 20 weeks), they're often just a few episodes behind (usually 3)....but I have seen stories change in the form os them being extended (not super great because extensions are often fillers).

Yep, they finished shooting awhile ago. Can't unguard my heart but feeling a little more hopeful.

Also Go Ara's selcas are like my life savers. Thanks for sharing @Just_Me :BulbaOWO::hearties:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2

Not going to use spoiler tags because I'm writing my long list of thoughts and prefer not to spoiler tag it, but have warned you that there's spoilers below.  Cover your eyes and don't read my comments if you don't want to know :idk:

I'm going to say this episode was sweet and typical Lala and Jun, but not out of the woods for angst, that's for sure.

Episode 15

- So pretty much the first thing you find out in the episode is that GY is not a bad person, which was I guess a nice twist even though I still hated that they brought out a girl so late in the game to cause stress. In fact, you could almost like GY for telling Jun he was acting cruel. He doesn't tell her the reason why he needed her to fake being his girlfriend, so at least I didn't feel like she was one up on Lala...she's also left in the dark as to why she had to help out. I also like that she actually drove Jun to meet Lala, but then Jun passed out and she panicked when she saw he had passed out :lettalKWA:

-So why did he pass out? why was he faking a relationship? Why did he tell Lala he didn't like her *Drumroll*

Jun has cancer...Leukemia to be precise.....And yes, he went the noble idiocy route because he didn't want her to worry about him and move on with her life. On the one hand, although not ideal, this is the standard response of sick people in K-dramaland and I understand not wanting someone to wait for you when you could be sick and dying. Also it's hard to be mad at a sick persona, especially a Jun. On the other hand, this story line I could see from miles away, so even though I technically guessed part of it in my theory B, I am surprised they went down this route because it's not actually new - it's quite predictable...except for whether or not the writers will let him live...that depends on how the writers want to spin it...if they feel like keeping it fluffy, they'll make him recover. If they feel like what they think is breaking the mould for a rom com (This is NOT rom com....and it is actually cliche for melo) they'll kill him off :letalQQ::680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

-Also I always feel you should tell the truth when you're sick because if you pass away that person is going to be left in a dark hole of never knowing and never having said bye properly. Hmmm.

-As for the whole reaction to Jun's behaviour, Lala is surprisingly forgiving - she doesn't hate him or hurt him for the whole fake girlfriend fiasco...but I think that's because it's interrupted by her finding out that Jun is DDSSLLS....he got the name, not from knowing Lala's dad, but from the cafe that they met at. That shock prevents her from feeling mad. That and her naturally loving nature and the fact she's known Jun to always be there for her...and that he comes and find her when she messages him to tell him that she still loves him :heart: I don't know if it'll appeal to everyone who watches, but I do understand Lala's sense of forgiveness. 

-But everyone keeps calling this a "healing" drama?! Does that mean actual physical healing??? Please say yes :PiplupCry::PiplupCry::PiplupCry:

Still I'm worried because in this drama, they have always done exactly what they said they'd do. Ie. when you found out Jun was a highschooler...he was actually a highschooler, it wasn't a mix up or a dream. So if they say he's died...I feel like it's going to be the truth and this hurts me. Ughhhhhhh, can't believe we have another night to wait. But since we do, and there's no point speculating about this, I'll move onto happier points.

- Hahaha, I like that the TWD ladies made a cameo in greeting Lala's teacher with their cute "Welcome to Eunpoooo!!!" and then she was conned into a puffy haircut.

-I also liked that her teacher was a mother figure to Lala in this episode. Her encouragement and her understanding of Lala's talents to brighten up everyone's world made me feel so touched :heart::hearties:

-Jun and Lala's first meeting was so cute :BulbaOWO: Actually I thought it was really well acted in that you could feel the tension between the two of them through their gaze :wow: It was definitely attraction upon first meeting. Also I laughed that Lala yelled out about the last watermelon juice. I'm the same ...I often want the last thing in the display cabinet and praying the person in front of me doesn't buy it! Also have to say Jun was super smoooooth in that he bought it for her without hesitation :SquirtleSquadCool: And actually Lala did try to ask for his number...so it's not like she wasn't trying from her end either :laugh:

-There were soooooo many cute scenes of Jun and Lala. I'm going to say because of last week's angst, not even the looming doom and gloom could stop me from enjoying this: I like that they flipped certain scenes like the hairwashing scene (Hahahaha, having Go Ara and Lee Jae Wook wash each other's hair is just hilarious. I wonder if there was lots of NG's during those takes!), Lala clinging onto Jun and saying he was "her man" made me laugh also....Lala being the clingy girlfriend of Jun's dreams. :laugh: And finally....bed sceneeeeee....though the cute kind of course. Jun finally got his wish that they'd "sleep next to each other." :CharmanderYay::hearties::lol:  And it was adorable, so adorable to see Lala circle on Jun's chest sleeping happily...if not for the fact Jun was wondering if this would ever happen again :letalQQ:

- The previews are scaring me though. There's lots of crying and Jun apparently not able to come back. Once again, the writer is messing with my emotions. We shall see how tomorrow goes. 

• Like 2

So Jun was being a noble idiot because of Leukemia??? Really? His being sick is cause enough for him to cause LL to be heartbroken? LL is a lot more forgiving and understanding than I am. :JigglyAngry:

Guess I'll reserve complete judgement until I've actually had a chance to watch the episode, plus it had better resolve well tomorrow, which I'm sure it will actually. The writer is having more fun with old tropes, of which a cancer is definitely a fave one for kdramas.

40 minutes ago, JenL said:

Still I'm worried because in this drama, they have always done exactly what they said they'd do. Ie. when you found out Jun was a highschooler...he was actually a highschooler, it wasn't a mix up or a dream. So if they say he's died...I feel like it's going to be the truth and this hurts me. Ughhhhhhh, can't believe we have another night to wait. But since we do, and there's no point speculating about this, I'll move onto happier points.

Yes, the drama has definitely not misled us in terms of things being exactly as they say it is. However, the drama also takes those in stride and goes with it. That's actually why I'm not worried about tomorrow. It's going to be a happy ending albeit with a possible time jump for "treatments" or something. Because it's not geared up to be a tearjerker ending. And, I don't think they would do that kind of switch on us. They wouldn't dare!

Still, I'm glad that GY turned out not to be an evil gf-want-to-be, but still disappointed in Jun's noble idiocy. Hope he gets a good kicking from someone for his actions, and grows up some. Life is short anyway. All we can do is be as happy as we can for as long as we can, and spend the time with the people we love without regrets. That is what's best for them as well as ourselves.

• Like 2

@stroppyse I think I’m able to forgive Jun for the heartache he caused Lala. If you think about it, although he’s very mature for his age, he’s still 19/20ish years old. I’m sure he’s really scared and terrified, not only about his illness, but that he may put Lala through even more pain through his death. Obviously, I don’t agree with him hiding his illness from her, but I can understand where he was coming from with his ridiculous charade.

he quickly changed his mind after realizing that Lala still misses and loves him and he probably realized he doesn’t have the mental resolve to just leave her like that. Part of me wonders what the point was with all the shenanigans, but I guess that’s kdrama for you. I had said before the one reason why I would understand/forgive Jun was if he was really sick. I didn’t think show was actually going to go that route because I thought this drama was supposed to a light hearted romcom. I’m also pretty sure he’s gonna be healed from his cancer and they’ll have their happy ever after. 

Spoiler.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

@stroppyse I think I’m able to forgive Jun for the heartache he caused Lala. If you think about it, although he’s very mature for his age, he’s still 19/20ish years old. I’m sure he’s really scared and terrified, not only about his illness, but that he may put Lala through even more pain through his death. Obviously, I don’t agree with him hiding his illness from her, but I can understand where he was coming from with his ridiculous charade.

You raise a good point, both about his youth and his fears. I'm perhaps thinking too much as someone who has already lost people, and seen the fallout that happens, the questions that are left unanswered.

I suppose this is why noble idiocy, in general, just infuriates me and causes me to drop dramas as soon as it starts going in that territory.  In a lot of ways, noble idiocy isn't very noble in that it 1) takes away agency from the person you love and 2) it causes the most pain to the person you love.  It's one thing for you to know everything and decide you can't handle it. It's another for someone else to decide that on your behalf, and cause you heartbreak in the process. And, I guess that's the third element, it assumes that your love was so light that you'll soon get over it and move on with your life despite the pain you've experienced.

Having said all that, I will probably applaud the writer for having taken such a trope and shown it for the stupidity that it is, based on what you and @JenL have written thus far. I still need to watch the episode later today and see how I feel about it. Thanks for your thoughts, though. Gives me more to think about it, and perhaps I'll be watching with a more open mind than I might have otherwise.

• Like 2

Just finished tonight episode. I can't believe I fell asleep while waiting the release time..

Sorry to state that this post will have spoiler too

7 hours ago, JenL said:

So pretty much the first thing you find out in the episode is that GY is not a bad person, which was I guess a nice twist

It seems everyone in this drama actually nice person and there's no really evil characters here which is make you feel like they're coming from your own neighborhood. Even Jun Mom is now all soft, she even try to comfort Jun and told him that he could meet Rara after he fully recover and let him stay with Rara for two days.

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Jun has cancer...Leukemia to be precise.....And yes, he went the noble idiocy route because he didn't want her to worry about him and move on with her life. On the other hand, this story line I could see from miles away, so even though I technically guessed part of it in my theory B, I am surprised they went down this route because it's not actually new - it's quite predictable

Jun's sickness is something we expect (in storyline part) but not expected at same time. Like I said Rara doesn't deserve this heartbreaking event again.:letalQQ:

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Except for whether or not the writers will let him live...that depends on how the writers want to spin it...if they feel like keeping it fluffy, they'll make him recover. If they feel like what they think is breaking the mould for a rom com (This is NOT rom com....and it is actually cliche for melo) they'll kill him off

Nooo...please don't kill him writer-nim:pandasad:..just let him come back to Rara fully recovered (and please don't add another twists of him losing his memory or something like that:pandaroar:. We don't need that on very last episode writer-nim:pandaangel:)

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I do have to say this writer has been brave with her choices.

6 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

I didn’t think show was actually going to go that route because I thought this drama was supposed to a light hearted romcom. I’m also pretty sure he’s gonna be healed from his cancer and they’ll have their happy ever after. 

People on IG are frustrated because it turn from rom-com to melodrama in last episodes..did the writer-nim change her mind while writing the second half? Just don't tell me she tried to break the rule that Rom-Com must have happy ending. Like you said she's risk taker. 

:psweatduck:

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It's going to be a happy ending albeit with a possible time jump for "treatments" or something. Because it's not geared up to be a tearjerker ending. And, I don't think they would do that kind of switch on us. They wouldn't dare!

Yess, it should be has happy ending. I'll hold on this and I hope they'll meet again at first half of tomorrow ep. 

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Also I always feel you should tell the truth when you're sick because if you pass away that person is going to be left in a dark hole of never knowing and never having said bye properly. Hmmm.

He still keep it secret until the last:cry:. I kinda hope she will tell Rara about his illness, but he didn't. Even when Rara ask why he dump her, he tell her a white lie. I understand he didn't want leave her being sad and worry. Also Jun tend to keep everything by himself so it's not surprise me. 

I’m sure he’s really scared and terrified, not only about his illness, but that he may put Lala through even more pain through his death. Obviously, I don’t agree with him hiding his illness from her, but I can understand where he was coming from with his ridiculous charade.

he quickly changed his mind after realizing that Lala still misses and loves him and he probably realized he doesn’t have the mental resolve to just leave her like that

I am glad he finally come back for her . Maybe because he finally realised Rara is stronger than he thought and that Rara still love and want him, he decide to come back to Rara  and choose to leave her with happy and good memories of them being together and love eachother rather than to leave her being sad and heartbroken with the thoughts that he don't love her anymore.

Rara grow up loved and only have good memories of people around her that's why she come out bright. Like Rara once said to Jun: she's like resilient weed and not a flower in the greenhouse and that's thanks to happy memories of his father love. 

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Also have to say Jun was super smoooooth in that he bought it for her without hesitation :SquirtleSquadCool: And actually Lala did try to ask for his number...so it's not like she wasn't trying from her end either :laugh:

At least Rara is not the one who ask him to lend her the money for her juice. I actually think she will did it and of course with her wink:laugh:..and to think that he actually keep come back to that cafe is really cute. He fall for her since their first meeting. So the meaning of the strange look he give to her on her recital day maybe : Yaaa, you..you owe me and said you hate feeling indebted but you runaway that day and now even forget me already??:laugh:

7 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I like that the TWD ladies made a cameo in greeting Lala's teacher with their cute "Welcome to Eunpoooo!!!" and then she was conned into a puffy haircut.

-I also liked that her teacher was a mother figure to Lala in this episode. Her encouragement and her understanding of Lala's talents to brighten up everyone's world made me feel so touched 

No one escaped from this 5cm taller hairstyle:laugh:

Yes, Rara sure surrounded by very nice people. Secretary Moon also like a mother figure to her in part of taking care of her in daily life hahaha..even when she lost her wallet she think about him immediately haha

7 hours ago, JenL said:

And finally....bed sceneeeeee....though the cute kind of course. Jun finally got his wish that they'd "sleep next to each other

Yess, like you said  this drama do what they say they'd do...and the part when Jun bawl out while Rara play piano for him..so is it safe to say that they will meet at Jeju like they once promised? (Go Ara post pictures  of her at some place related to Jeju though:MewGiggle:)

7 hours ago, JenL said:

And it was adorable, so adorable to see Lala circle on Jun's chest sleeping happily...if not for the fact Jun was wondering if this would ever happen again 

It's adorable and cute but heart wrenching at the same time. .

7 hours ago, JenL said:

The previews are scaring me though. There's lots of crying and Jun apparently not able to come back. Once again, the writer is messing with my emotions. We shall see how tomorrow goes. 

Text Preview EP.16

"Rara and Jun, who communicate on phone and YouTube everyday, even though they are far away. Jun is enduring hard times with Rara's energy. Meanwhile, Rara Is waiting for winter, preparing a Christmas concert and proposal for Jun"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIBPo4_psNk/?igshid=1lt4xnb2y4lab

Edited by Just_Me
  • Like 3

My last post already that long but I want to add some more..I am apologize in advance:duckpout:

Spoiler alert..please skip this if you don't want it. 

Here's some scenes that I love from tonight Episode: 

- I love Jun conversation with Dr.Cha..they're like brother now and Jun also trust him to taking care Rara while he's away. Actually I always love their convos. Dr. Cha never treat Jun like kid even when he found out Jun is highschooler, their convos is always honest and straight-out. Which is good for both of them who troubled with expressing themselves. 

- the piano teacher come at the moment Rara need her most, when she's feel so down because the thoughts Jun have abandoned her. She remind Rara of her true self and why she's loved despite her lacks.

- Jun mom bought Lala Land with Jun majoring medicine as terms. So she maybe already softened up about Rara even before they found out Jun illness. I feel bad for having thought of his parent. His dad may harsh and not affectionate type but he genuinely love Jun. His mom actually has similar to Jun in a way.

- Jun give the precious hat to Seung Gi :letalQQ:..Idk why but this scene tear me up.. maybe because I feel Jun finally able to let go his bestfriend Ji Hoon or maybe because I feel Jun finally found someone to be called a friend again so he won't feel so lonely while he's abroad. 

-Jun actually told Seung-Gi that he's scared. He opened up to him. Even Seung-Gi misunderstood it as Jun scared to go abroad alone when actually Jun afraid that he may not be able to come back:letalQQ:

- Dodosolsollalasol to be the name of the cafe where Jun and Rara first met is the biggest twist in this episode :laugh:..i always thought that it related to his father and what it means to her

- Dodosolsollalasol/Mr.Twinkle as her Daddy Long legs is always a happy memories and meaningful for Rara. Mr. Twinkle somehow give Rara strength to go through her days after her Dad passed away and adjust to her new life. So Jun didn't want her to find out the real Mr. Twinkle or remember about their first meeting that may lead Rara to the truth. Because he want Rara to keep it as a happy memories.

To be honest at some point if Rara not come to the Cafe and saw those big "Dodosolsollalasol" cafe name, I doubt she will find out that Jun is Mr.Twinkle just by remember their first meeting. She has such a bad memory:laugh:. Thanks God she go to the Cafe

• Like 1
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So Jun was being a noble idiot because of Leukemia??? Really? His being sick is cause enough for him to cause LL to be heartbroken? LL is a lot more forgiving and understanding than I am. 

Guess I'll reserve complete judgement until I've actually had a chance to watch the episode, plus it had better resolve well tomorrow, which I'm sure it will actually. The writer is having more fun with old tropes, of which a cancer is definitely a fave one for kdramas.

I think it does sound annoying, but from the way it was showed with the timing of his reveal as DDSSLLS, it felt easier to forgive Jun for his actions. I can't speak for how everyone will view it, but I wasn't as mad as I expected to be. At first I was puzzled by Lala's easy forgiveness...

BECAUSE - I have to say I forgot last night to mention this - Lala still doesn't know he's ill! He lied and said he broke up because he wanted to go study in the states and wasn't sure if he was ever coming back and he didn't want her to wait. :lettalKWA:

If I was Lala, I would be so mad - you fake a girlfriend because you want to leave me to study overseas!!! But then knowing her character, it felt right she wouldn't be angry, just more relieved that he didn't hate her. Honestly, the world would  be a better place if we were all like Lala - more forgiving, more able to see the good in others and less grudge holding! Easy to say, hard to do :laugh:

7 hours ago, Mapleoaks5 said:

he quickly changed his mind after realizing that Lala still misses and loves him and he probably realized he doesn’t have the mental resolve to just leave her like that. Part of me wonders what the point was with all the shenanigans, but I guess that’s kdrama for you. I had said before the one reason why I would understand/forgive Jun was if he was really sick. I didn’t think show was actually going to go that route because I thought this drama was supposed to a light hearted romcom. I’m also pretty sure he’s gonna be healed from his cancer and they’ll have their happy ever after. 

I agree with all you've said actually. I think it is easier to forgive Jun because this scenario reminds me of when he thought he had killed the stalker :letalQQ: He is mature, but he still doesn't have the depth of hindsight and reflection you get as an adult. If I think about how I was personally at 18/19, I'd say I was more emotional, especially in matters of love. I would probably have done the same :lol: Given that it's his first love, he would not want her to hold onto him if there was no future. I think he thought that since she does have so many suitors, and is so loveable and has lots of people around her, she would be well supported. Also, I think he did feel like a jerk for making her like him when he was never going to be able to be with her in the end.

But yes, @Mapleoaks5 is right in that it's not too angsty - he doesn't keep ignoring her or anything. The moment she texts him and says that she still loves and wants him even after all that he put her through, he was like STOP THE CAR :laugh::lol:

I have a feeling these gimmicks are to show how much Lala loves Jun now to be honest. I remember people saying they weren't as sure about Lala's feelings from the first half of the drama since Jun did all the pursuing. But now, they've chucked just about every trial in her face - other girl, studying abroad, illness etc. And they're showing Lala making sure Jun doesn't leave her :BulbaOWO: Not saying I think this was necessary for the story, and also not usually liking the 'clingy' trope, but clingy Lala was too cute!!

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2

I just want to say that I love how most of the Episode has Jun and Rara together. Seeing them together all happy and sweet makes me smile all the time, that everything is right in the world. They are just so adorable, it is one of the strong points of this drama- their leads are so freaking cute together:heart:

Can they make a new drama every year? haha I don't care what genre, I just want them on my screen all the time;) side note, how pretty is Go Ara? this drama is the most beautiful I have seen her in all her dramas. I can't blame Jun for falling all the time with her. Anyway,  How cute is their first meeting?! I could watch this scene for hours and would not get tired of it hahaha

I love how Jun was instantly smitten by her, and I'm sure Rara too but she is just too clueless! I love the heartfelt reveal of the true DDSSLLS (Jun wonderfully explained how he went from someone who has a crush to someone who truly loves), we've finally seen how he reacted on that balcony of Rara's recital (consistently he's smitten beyond words!) Kudos to Lee Jae-wook for playing this scenes so naturally, believably and palpably, as if witnessing true to life one's moment of love. And Rara, bless her, for being the kind of person that this world needs but rarely seen. She is just so kind, forgiving, and trusting. She never felt anger at Jun for making her go through all those break up moments because she is just Rara, true to herself, she just loves him no matter what.

I'm half afraid and half excited for the final episode later. One thing is sure though, I will be sad to say goodbye to this quirky and unpredictable drama despite its flaws it has touched my heart definitely. Who would have thought that I would be rooting this fiercely for a senior high school student and a clueless princess-like pianist? :laugh: so would it be too much to ask that they have their happily ever after? Pleaseeee:wow2:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I suppose this is why noble idiocy, in general, just infuriates me and causes me to drop dramas as soon as it starts going in that territory.  In a lot of ways, noble idiocy isn't very noble in that it 1) takes away agency from the person you love and 2) it causes the most pain to the person you love.  It's one thing for you to know everything and decide you can't handle it. It's another for someone else to decide that on your behalf, and cause you heartbreak in the process. And, I guess that's the third element, it assumes that your love was so light that you'll soon get over it and move on with your life despite the pain you've experienced.

Oh I totally agree.  Noble idiocy is one of the Asian drama tropes that frustrates me, but comes out of what I feel like is a very Asian/ Confucian way of thinking. The two pillars of Asian culture are: Sacrifice and Reticence. You know, like how Asian parents will work really hard to make sure their kids get into college and save all their hard earned money for them, but never tell them they love them/ scold them often. It's that similar-being-harsh-to-be-kind-self-sacrificing-love in noble idiocy. That whole "I'm doing it for your own good, whether you like it or understand it or not." :idk: It's not a smart move, but it's not unusual in Asian culture since you do see it in real life. But being of a newer, younger generation moving away from those traditional ways of cultural thinking, I think we see all the benefits of shared-decision making as a sign of respect and open communication....so that's why we feel frustrated seeing those tropes on screen, even though we understand perhaps what good qualities of the character the writer is trying to convey. :pandadisgusted:

2 hours ago, Just_Me said:

It seems everyone in this drama actually nice person and there's no really evil characters here which is make you feel like they're coming from your own neighborhood. Even Jun Mom is now all soft, she even try to comfort Jun and told him that he could meet Rara after he fully recover and let him stay with Rara for two days.

I have to say upon re-watch though, I still feel it was weird GY asked Lala to break up with Jun. Like that was probably just after the hospital, so before Jun asked her to play act as his girlfriend? I feel like this is a plot hole if she's meant to be "nice" or maybe she did feel a little jealous of Lala and wanted to test it out, though she wasn't planning to pretend to be his girlfriend. Ah, never mind, not important now.

Jun's mummmmm, oh my god. That scene was so soft. I loved how she actually looked happy that Jun was meeting Lala. She was actually smiling :MewGiggle::CharmanderYay::hearties:

2 hours ago, Just_Me said:

Nooo...please don't kill him writer-nim..just let him come back to Rara fully recovered (and please don't add another twists of him losing his memory or something like that. We don't need that on very last episode writer-nim)

Hahaha, I doubt he will lose his memory. 

Still guarding my heart in case he dies though :psweatduck:

To be honest, I think the previews are everyone crying because they find out he's sick on Christmas and can't come home. I'm hoping he's not dead. But this is the only (writer reason) for Jun not telling Lala he was sick but studying aboard...so they could make a preview like this to distress us :laugh:

3 hours ago, Just_Me said:

People on IG are frustrated because it turn from rom-com to melodrama in last episodes..did the writer-nim change her mind while writing the second half? Just don't tell me she tried to break the rule that Rom-Com must have happy ending. Like you said she's risk taker. 

:psweatduck:

To be honest, I think she just thought it was fun to stress out her audience in a rom com. How mean.

As much as it has annoyed me, I do grudging admire her risk taking. I would be too scared of fan's backlashing on me. But I guess as creative people, sometimes you have to go outside the box and outside of people's expectations. I just hope she doesn't sacrifice our OTP for this! :PiplupCry:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

5 hours ago, JenL said:

But now, they've chucked just about every trial in her face - other girl, studying abroad, illness etc.

Well, LL still doesn't know about Jun's illness, because he hasn't told her! Despite all the sweetness, I'm still angry at Jun. His immaturity, wanting to save LL hurt, blah, blah, blah, the writer's need to use yet another tired trope and try to figure out a fresh way to utilize it. Not that he knows she loves him and has even given her the couple rings, it's absolutely unforgivable for him not to tell her everything.

If the treatments are successful and he's able to recover enough to come home and continue living, then he'll get another chance to tell LL. However, if he doesn't recover and he ends up dying overseas, he's dooming LL to not only wait until she gets word of his fate, but to suffer through everything by herself!

That Jun didn't come clean with LL at all even at the end of the episode disappointed me greatly. And, then the preview for tomorrow's episode. It's set up to make it seem as if Jun has died. So, it's either being very misleading which is actually yet another kdrama trope where the previews are set up to be red herrings. Or it's true that Jun dies and LL is grateful for the chance to have loved Jun, even if he kept things from her right tot he end.

There are a lot of cute elements in episode 15, but I'm actually too upset right now to write about them. Or perhaps I should say that I don't care enough to write anything more about episode 15 right now. Heck, I find myself not that excited about the final episode actually.

• Like 1

I have no idea what I just watched. What kind of preview for episode 16 is this?! I'm coming off The Wolf which had a semi-tragic ending too so I don't know if I can do another ending like that. 

I was telling @stroppyse that maybe the preview for episode 16 is about grandpa not getting better. However, he was in the voiceover so maybe it is about Jun too. 

It is in LaLa's nature to forgive Jun for lying about having another girlfriend and wanting to break up because he didn't like her anymore. I don't know if I can be that forgiving, mainly because I feel like I would lose a bit of trust in that person. 

The leukemia arch feels a little off to be introduced so late in the series. Maybe they got his labs mixed up with someone else, right? And Jun not being able to come back (as said in the preview) is because there's no flights back to Korea due to COVID. :laugh: Sigh. Wishful thinking, I guess. Haha!

The last episode will air in a little over 6 hours for me. Please be good to us, DDSSLLS! :yoongibtspls:

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

And Jun not being able to come back (as said in the preview) is because there's no flights back to Korea due to COVID. 

At least that would be topical and funny. Or even that Jun has to be in quarantine. Hey, with a pre-existing condition like his, would he even be allowed to fly?

No idea what ep 15 was about, but even more clueless about the ep 16 preview. Guess I had better just stop thinking about it. We'll see it soon enough. Still not that excited about the finale.

• Like 1

Errrr... I'm a bit confused. Last episode Jun wanted to break up. Then this episode it's all OK again to meet Rara and come clean with everything because she finally remembers him? Not only that, he gave her the couple rings, signifying they are back together...? :pandadisgusted: Whaaaa? So quick he changes his mind? Why? I kept expecting to see Jun faint so that Rara will find out the truth, LOL. I'm honestly surprised the writer actually went down the "Jun is sick" route...

So now Jun's parents will never hinder Jun's choices and Rara because of his sickness. In saying all that, a fair few scenes did get me all teary eyes. If none of you did, then I most definitely am experiencing that emotional time of the month...

Spoiler

About the sickness... I've imagined it before if I ever had such illness and what I would do. And my conclusion is I'd never know what I'll truly decide to do until this sort of things happen to me. The calm logical mind thinks the right thing to do is to share this news with my loved ones and have them be there for me and be positive. However being away from home and from family, what i haveearnt is that my family did the same. I wasn't told Dad was in operation with a burst appendicitis until the operation is over and they only told me a couple of days later so I won't be worried. I also didn't know my aunt had cancer. Was only told a few years later after she finished her chemotherapy treatment and recovered. The chemotherapy damaged her health and lowered her immune system.

I can understand where Jun is coming from too. His condition is "acute" (AML) which will need to go through chemotherapy and the side-effects are quite a lot and he doesn't want her to see all this coz he's not going to be in his best condition. I honestly believe if I'm this sick, I'll be really down and in bad mood when I am in pain... this kind of "feelings" may really put a strain in the relationship. And there'll be time when I want to be supproted, and there'll be times where I want to be left alone. That would be reality. But we obviously are watching a drama and we expect love can stand the test of time/sickness.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4