You Are My Spring 너는 나의 봄 [2021]

Just now, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Weren't you the one luring everyone to watch your Jdramas? LOL

Haha this time @Tofu luring herself to watch some too sugary J drama that I don't approved 😆 

1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm surprised you are actually liking this. I also fear that if they concentrate more on the loveline and then confirm their feelings, you'll be ciao straight away

Yeah good point. I also a bit worried :eeeee:So far they're on snail pace, and maybe the bad boy will disturb them? Pray the director will drag this, so you can keep your earn from me :laugh:

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

I think what attract me to DJ character is that she's so kind. Her question to GY after she spills her marriage & divorce to YD is so comforting. She only ask if she's okay now and not hurting anymore. 

Regarding GY & YD marriage, finally we have a glimpse on how it started. She tried to commit suicide with overdose sleeping pills but with his encouragement, she can go through it. I think YD doesn't love her but he's so responsible and really want to help her. 

And YD confession is so heartbreaking. He said, "Let's be friend", in the end as he can't promise her forever. But I guess the heart still want what it wants. The last scene is so sad & beautiful.

20210727-191918.jpg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@SilverMoonTea Aww. I haven't watched it yet. Racket Boys is priority hahaha. Sounds like another good episode from your post. It's getting late, I should really start it soon. xD

Yes its a good episode. Actually I'm kind of get the hang of that childhood story now. And I didn't dozed off at all this episode. 

The mom appear a bit. She give comforting word to DJ's friend that brokenhearted. I found her word really ringing true. 

Let me know how you feel about this episode. 

• Like 1

Episode 7

The murder mystery is progressing at snail pace here. I read on weibo about how the story-telling is messy and all over the place for this drama. I must admit I agree it is. I don't mind the romance but I think it's out of balance at the moment.

It's nice that we get a bit more backstory to Ga Young. It's still unclear as to why she's in pain as it isn't shown (although I think her character description has covered that bit) but at least she shared how she and Young Do got married. Her antics made me laugh. I can't decide whether I'll like her in the real world or be completely annoyed. But in the drama, I'd go for it's fun/funny to watch her fluster both Young Do and Da Jung.

I wish Young Do's fever would last a bit longer as I was fully anticipating Da Jung to be taking care of him - typical drama trope but I love it. @SilverMoonTea For me I think the highlight of this episode is the emotional portrayal from the 3 main leads. Ga Young pretending to be chirpy but the moment Da Jung asked if she's OK, she broke down in tears. How lovely that the young idol truly loves her and I love that he went to see Young Do to better understand Ga Young and how to get her back. We can feel his sincerity and eventually Ga Young will feel it too. At least that's what I think the writer is going towards for Ga Young.

And of course Young Do, finally opening up to Da Jung about himself and confesses. Like you said, that scene really tug at my heartstring as my heart aches a little (but in a positive way). I also love the scene he lost his cool after finding out she's hurt. Eeeek. Hawt. LOL. It looks like the two were going to kiss in E8 preview.

I'm still intrigued by the twins portrayed by Yoon Park. They are dragging this out a lot but the little crumbs I get is really stringing me along. I feel terrible for Ian Chase. How horrible the mother abandoned him and never gave him a name of his own. Personally I was disgusted he had to share toothbrushes with the kids. He's still traumatised by it, I remember, because I think he asked for extra toothbrushes or something like that when he checks in...?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I've only finished ep.2... I think I like it, but I'm not that sure?... Why do I have a feeling of not understanding much some of the lines/dialogues? Is it because of the translations? It sorta giving the Doom vibes, tbh haha, not understanding what's going on. However, the chemistry of the main leads here will not be strong enough for me to continue the drama if the inability to follow/understand the story continues. I do like the suspense around the ending of both episodes though, made me hold my breath. But that's all... I still don't understand the mystery we're supposed to be watching for. Or is it too early to feel that? I am hesitant but I shall watch till ep.4 before deciding.

Anyway, I will read this thread from the first page for your comments and thoughts but will proceed carefully so as to avoid spoilers. 

ETA:

After reading halfway page 4, I realised I'm not the only one feeling confused with the story :laugh: I guess that's a good sign? Haha... Btw, I forgot to say that 99 building is really cool, and I would looooove to live on the rooftop like the FL. Well, except during summer months it will probably be super duper hot that it has to be air-conditioner on all the way? LOL... 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

BTS

20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

After reading halfway page 4, I realised I'm not the only one feeling confused with the story

Hahahaha page 4 is the start of the drama so we're confused due to the mystery. It's not like that now.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
20 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Hahahaha page 4 is the start of the drama so we're confused due to the mystery. It's not like that now.

Finished ep.4, and I will keep on watching because of Yoon Park haha... I’m the most intrigued by his double roles here. Ep.3 was a smoother watch and although so far there are still bits of the lines that are confusing, still watchable. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Finished ep.4, and I will keep on watching because of Yoon Park haha... I’m the most intrigued by his double roles here. Ep.3 was a smoother watch and although so far there are still bits of the lines that are confusing, still watchable. 

Yes. Agree with Yoon Park's double roles and waiting for the show to show all its cards.

** spoiler alert **

Episode 8

LOLLLL the imaginations of Young Do's friends are ruining the image of Young Do and Da Jung :lmao2:@SilverMoonTea Should we use it to trick Tofu to watch it? :lmao2:

Spoiler

56831e5553db1f31bf54432dc89ee3d019ee1136

Other than this absurd, imaginary scenes I generally enjoyed this episode again. I laughed my head off with the gingerbread part to the ripped shirt. I wonder what did Young Do respond that made Da Jung so happy. Did he perhaps send her a gif carrot like she ask for or more? Did they confirm their relationship, that is why she's happy??

I also enjoyed the part of Da Jung with Ian and Aidan. This Ian has issues but I love how he's softening and falling for Da Jung, in particularly her logic in the names is knocking on his heart. LOL. He craves for love, this much we can tell. He seems to also crave for family. I'm sad that regretfully Ian is antagonistic towards Young Do. The ending scene is a bit creepy. Just exactly who the heck is that guy who left Ian the paper flower?! Ian seems puzzled by it himself, not recognising the meaning behind it whereas Da Jung completely freaks out ... obviously the tension arises again as Young Do appears and hinted at the love triangle that's slowly forming between the three. Gosh, the cliffhanger.

It really is slow burn romance, lol. Good for you. I am starting to like Ga Young a bit more now and I thought it was adorable how she calls Da Jung & Young Do in the car, and her conversations with them made her idol boyfriend laughs, finds her cute and adores her even more, especially each time she addresses him as her boyfriend.

My concern for this drama lies with the story-telling. And because it takes forever for the mystery bit to be solved, it worries me that the writer perhaps doesn't have much up her/his sleeves on this murder mystery, which is why more time is spent on the romance stuff.

P.S. Oh right, I also forgot I like the bit Young Do narrates about hugs.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

I finished 5-6, and staying for Yoon Park :wow:

The love line is just okay for me... but I have to say that I love a lot of the cinematography that the director is using. 

Still not understanding some of the inner monologues, eg. when Da Jung talking about the tree on campus. So I cannot really relate with the healing aspects of the drama (yet)... curious about their backstory though, esp. the twins. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I really enjoyed ep.7... it’s like suddenly I’m watching another drama. Ep.7 is so good that I watched everything at normal speed. I will be back with more detailed comments because I don’t remember them all well and it’s too late to go through the episode again.

I wonder though, am I the only one feeling the alternate pairing of four main leads would be better? Haha, I feel like there’s a stronger chemistry/tension between Young Do and ex-wife, also between Ian Chase and Da Jung? I’m the only one feeling that?... but tbh, Nam Gyu Ri will not be able to pull some of the emotions and expressions by Seo Hyun Jin as Da Jung though. I do enjoy NGR in her role here as the lonely “clueless” actress. She is rocking the role. One of the characters I was looking forward to see on screen since earlier on, in addition to Choi twins. I only started feeling for the OTP in this beautiful ep.7 😅

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I started watching the first ep of this drama a while ago and found it quite hard to grasp what they were telling. The scenes looked jumbled and the convos didn't help either. I felt like being in a foreign country where the language I didn't understand a bit so I decided to stop watching. However I ended up watching this again after dropping Voice 4. Now I'm fully hooked. I like how this drama is somehow weird.

• Like 3

Finished ep.8... oh my gosh, I laughed so loud and so much till my belly hurt towards the end (gingerbread man and ripped shirt scenes), but that ending though, when is the next episode?! 

Ep.8 is another great episode. I am fully on board now. There are so many parts that I like in this episode same as what @mademoiselle had mentioned in her post above. 

I’ll be back to write more when I get to use my laptop. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Yayyyy @ktcjdrama I'm like you too. In the beginning I wasn't so sure but I persevere because I think I should trust Kim Dong Wook, and I do really like Young Do as a character. And then there's Yoon Park's twin mystery that I'm interested in. I'm still unsure about Seo Hyun Jin's Da Jung. I like Hyun Jin having that soothing voice and is good for narration but I'm not sure about Da Jung.

LOL, Young Do and his "저뤈"...

6 hours ago, 1217akkum4 said:

I started watching the first ep of this drama a while ago and found it quite hard to grasp what they were telling. The scenes looked jumbled and the convos didn't help either. I felt like being in a foreign country where the language I didn't understand a bit so I decided to stop watching. However I ended up watching this again after dropping Voice 4. Now I'm fully hooked. I like how this drama is somehow weird.

Please keep going and join us!!

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Okay, finally I can get on my laptop to write more about this drama. Where should I start...... maybe that this drama sort of reminded me of When Camellia Blooms? There is the drama itself, then it's constantly interlaced with a looming mystery surrounding a death of one of the characters and we're trying to find out what actually happened in the course of watching the main characters development. This made me look forward to this drama because I had enjoyed Camellia a lot. 

As for the actors. Kim Dong Wook surprised me because he has his comedic side, and definitely he is able to up the romantic side too. I keep learning more about him and falling in love with him more. Seo Hyun Jin, supposedly the main draw of this drama for many people, I believe, but tbh, she is just okay for me. She is a great actress, no doubt about it. I am just not that excited about her. Yoon Park, well, if not for him (and his characters here), I probably would not persevere until now. I love him and I'm glad he's got a meatier role this time compared to what I've seen before. Nam Gyu Ri, unexpectedly interesting to watch. Her role is really enjoyable to watch but like @mademoiselle said, I wouldn't want to meet someone like that in RL, haha... I love her tone of ending every sentences. 

The mystery. Seriously, I am still not sure who Ian Chase is. One twin is more timid and gentle, the other one is the sociopath. The twins were together in the orphanage when Da Jung went there, but why do I remember only the older one was sent there? Then how come there were two of them there? One who patted Da Jung's head (same one as the one hiding under the tree), the other one who denied patting her head. Which one is the one in the picture? One is wearing a jacket, the other one is not. Also, there is a possibility that they agreed to a switch during their teenage years when they met, isn't it? Although with the toothbrushes request, Ian Chase is probably the older one who had trauma of having to share toothbrushes.

The romance. I'm only starting to feel it in ep.7, haha... I love their scenes in the storage room. From his outburst of anger (indirect confession there!) and him coming back to apologise for the door slamming (how cute!) to them copying after each other's sentences. Haha, I love that he didn't mind at all calling himself a fool. Then the cafe staff walking in on them and teasing them with a flat tone... JYD is so gentle I'm falling for him, haha.... Love his confession at the end, and especially the lighting play when they were hugging. That was a beautiful hug. (to be continued...)

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

13 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Where should I start...... maybe that this drama sort of reminded me of When Camellia Blooms?

Oooh, you're right. It is quite similar in this instance however my interest level wasn't as high for Camellia. I think mainly because I really liked the characters in this one more than the characters in Camellia, except Da Jung, being the most bland of all characters.

Kim Dong Wook surprised me because he has his comedic side, and definitely he is able to up the romantic side too.

Have you seen him in Find Me in Your Memory? He did romance well there too.

The mystery. Seriously, I am still not sure who Ian Chase is. One twin is more timid and gentle, the other one is the sociopath. The twins were together in the orphanage when Da Jung went there, but why do I remember only the older one was sent there? Then how come there were two of them there? One who patted Da Jung's head (same one as the one hiding under the tree), the other one who denied patting her head. Which one is the one in the picture? One is wearing a jacket, the other one is not. Also, there is a possibility that they agreed to a switch during their teenage years when they met, isn't it? Although with the toothbrushes request, Ian Chase is probably the older one who had trauma of having to share toothbrushes.

I haven't paid as good attention as I should about this mystery murder case to be honest, because the names and faces are confusing to me. At this point, I only remember Kim Myeong Ja because she is the actress who plays Ji Hwa in Beyond Evil.

I've gone back & forth to check the details, lol. So far...

Chae Joon / Choi Jeong Min confessed to (E3):

- killing Kim Myeong Ja on 13 March 2003

- killing police office Lee Jeong Beom on 3 June 2018

- killing Cho Gwang Hun on 18 December 2020.

Kim Myeong Ja is the woman at Nanum Jeil Prayer House/Orphange.

Lee Jeong Beom is the police officer whose heart was transplated to Young Do.

Cho Gwang Hun died at building 99 but we don't know his relation to the twins.

1992 (E2)

- The twins' mother drug the older twin and abandoned him at the orphanage.

- Young Do stayed at the orphanage for a while and met Ian Chase there.

1994 (E1, E6)

- Da Jung met the twins at the dodgy church.

- Young Do (11 yo) stayed at the orphanage for a while.

March 2003 (E5)

The twins met. The one running out of the house in nosebleed was wearing high school uniform so he might be Choi Jeong Min (he has a name tag with 3 words on). They then exchanged clothes and the uninjured twin went back in. The woman lying there (dead?) doesn't look like it is Kim Myeong Ja but the twins' mother. The man zipping up his pants looked like the man from the Nanum Jeil Orphanage, Nam Jin Bok. Did he perhaps kill their mother or rape her? This part isn't clear. Nam Jin Bok then injured the twin's forehead. 12 hours later, they seem to be in a hotel room where the forehead injured twin tells the nosebled twin, "Don't forget how far I went for you. The shadow should't covet the light."

Young Do met one of the twins in the restroom washing blood off his uniform. From the blood on his face, it looks like the twin with the nosebleed.

======

Interesting how after all this, I still could not figure out who is who. LMAO. But I think at least we can be sure the kid at the orphanage Young Do met with the toothbrush trauma was Ian.

I'm guessing the twin who patted Da Jung's head is Chae Joon/Choi Jeong Min (younger brother) because he's the more cheery one. And the gloomy one is the older one with no name, Ian Chase. I remember Kim Myeong Ja was talking about selling the kids, perhaps the older twin which is Ian was sold to the US.

Could the twins perhaps switch themselves in 1994 and then switch again in 2003? Reason being this line: "Don't forget how far I went for you. The shadow should't covet the light" because my understanding is that the older twin is the shadow, the twin without the name.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Could the twins perhaps switch themselves in 1994

Oo... I had forgotten that they could've switched also when they met up at the orphanage when younger. I should pay more attention to the dates because I thought when Da Jung went there, it wasn't long after older twin was sent there. 

I do plan to do a rewatch of the earlier episodes, just curious why those episodes don't really engage me on first watch, and whether that will change now. 

Yes, I watched Find Me in Your Memory. The romance there was just fine, he is more adorable in this one haha... I love to see his calm smile. I could still feel traces of his anchor-nim character in FMYM at the start, not anymore now though.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif