Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I want a twist of some kind. I want DL to kick TJ to the curb so hard that his shins bounce off the kerb. :(

Me too... wait, it’s me four, haha... I will gladly do this favor for Dali but I believe she is capable to do that herself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

17 hours ago, stroppyse said:

It is a cute story, and DL has grown on me. However, I'm a bit upset about DL getting maneuvered by her ex-fiancee into (probably) accepting him. So, the ex-fiancee broke up with DL because she was adopted? Huh? I know that adoption is a stigma in SK, but she was still of the Cheongseong Clan, adopted or not, so I'm surprised that he pulled out of the engagement, especially right before the wedding. Though, he's pretty shameless about being able to get DL back now that he's ready for her.

I agree with you, her calmness or her silence or her politeness with TJ sometimes drives me crazy, it is true that she told him several times that she doesn't want to establish a relationship with him and only agrees in terms of work and for the sake of the exhibition, but I honestly don't understand how she can be calm or weak when She asks him and gives her answers, manoeuvring, spinning? It's clear that he uses the (work) card to control her as he wants.. As it happened in the restaurant Mo Hack when he took her and told her that the visitors would not be able to come, why didn't she go then as long as there was nothing related to work? Why didn't she say something that would make him abide by his limits and not go beyond, or treat her like a fool?

I also don't understand how she can defend him in front of Mohak and say that he is not a rude person? Even though he broke up with her because she was adopted? What is this ? Is it because she sees herself not worthy of attention because she is adopted? And that it gives others the right to treat her with an inferior look?

6 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I want a twist of some kind. I want DL to kick TJ to the curb so hard that his shins bounce off the kerb. :(

I hope she does that and she refuses... Because if TJ honestly tells her that he is always next to her and always behind her and helps her whenever she needs, why can't Dali tell him to help her like this without the need for marriage and the like? What does this marriage have to do with her father's reputation and cleaning up?

In the end, she can save the exhibition herself. It is enough for her to trust her abilities by herself.:idk:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Oooo @Hanin. Thanks for that ...I just read that spoiler. Looking forward to it :smile:

Spoiler

There’s so many to choose from. But if I have to choose, it would be episode 13th or 14th where I was dancing in front of Wontak and Dali in the rooftop room. I remember everyone laughing as soon as the director said ‘cut’.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle I only watched your last guy in Taxi Driver and he was horrible! And I completely agreed with Song Kang in Nevertheless as the worst male lead. What was his name in that drama again? :thinking:

@stroppyse @ktcjdrama @mademoiselle We will need to do a round up at the end of the year to figure out our best and worst characters. :laugh:

@Hanin Yay!! Thanks for that interview! Can't wait to see that scene. I can already picture it. :lmao2:

22 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Yay...I am so happy the angst didn't last long

YAY!! I'm happy they didn't drag it out!! :heart:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Ohmygosh, such a cute scene, and DL actually teases MH even. LOL

A translation of the second scene on this tweet.

MH: Don’t go anywhere. Stay by my side.
DL: Jin Teacher…
MH: I love you.
MH: I love you.
DL: I’m sorry. I can’t be with Jin Teacher any longer…
(MH drops DL’s hands)
DL: as creditor and debtor.  I want to love you properly without being affected by any issues about money.  I love you, too.
(Kisses!)

Haven't had a chance to watch this episode yet, but yay! Can't wait to watch now.

14 hours ago, Hanin said:

I agree with you, her calmness or her silence or her politeness with TJ sometimes drives me crazy, it is true that she told him several times that she doesn't want to establish a relationship with him and only agrees in terms of work and for the sake of the exhibition,

I actually took her calmness around TJ as a sign that she's really over him, so he doesn't have much affect on her. It was when she initially hid behind MH when she saw TJ that made me wince because it seemed that TJ still had some hold on her. However, later on, when DL was able to deal with TJ so calmly, I was happier about it.

When you're really over someone, you can deal with them without getting too emotional about it. It's when they still have some hold over you or some emotional pull, that it's hard to not react.

Oh no! Preview has a cute moment, but it seems that TJ is going to go after Dondon and DL is going to try to stop him. Hope it's not something silly or nobly idiotic.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

Ep.13 - Where does anxiety comes from?

- The museum staff did not disappoint. I had guessed so, but can't help still feeling anxious until they said it out loud. I agree with Dali that it is very difficult to refuse such good offers. And the rare times that the police force of a kdrama did not disappoint too.

- Poor MH, missing his meals because of worrying about what Dali might do. He got a trial application with the balm and am I glad his secretary did not apply it on his lips, LOL... 

- Tears when from the bus Dali was looking at the little boy imagining MH's younger days filled with hardships.

- Watching this episode indeed made me anxious, just as the title of it says. We don't know what Dali's decision is after all that she's been through these couple days, what's going through her mind. I am pleased once again our OTP did not fail us in their love and devotion towards each other. Love that it's Dali again who initiated the kiss to anxious MH. Love her declaration to correct the nature of their relationship.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 13 was so good! However, I may skip episode 14 until next week, then watch all 3 episodes at once. It seems the real angst will start in ep 14 and probably not resolve until episode 16.

MH's stepbrother is such an idiot. I'm pretty sure that whatever he has on Jang Tae Jin to try to force his way into the deal, it will backfire on him. The actor is actually pretty good, conveying the stepbrother's innate incompetence together with his ambition when he has nothing to fulfill his ambition with. So, his mother managed to seduce a guy who became rich, and since then the stepson denied his own father in order to suck up to the rich stepfather. Unfortunately, he has no brains and no talent, and just keeps frittering away money and resources.

Then again, it was the stepbrother who wanted to invest in Cheongsong Museum which brought the OTP together, so guess I shouldn't be too hard on him.

Kwon Yul does scummy guys so well, that I think he may have typecast himself. Whenever I see him now, I expect him to give that cold stare and show his true evil, no matter what role he's playing. :laugh:

Anyway, happy the OTP are staying true to each other, happy the museum staff resisted temptation and sided with DL and the museum, even Gong Ju showing up. Happy with Won Tak.

Still, apprehensive about watching episode 14.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 13 was so good! However, I may skip episode 14 until next week, then watch all 3 episodes at once. It seems the real angst will start in ep 14 and probably not resolve until episode 16.

☹️ I'm worried with sweet scenes they will give us.

FDU11vcUcAAnX6X?format=jpg&name=900x900

FDU11vhUYAU_Dlm?format=jpg&name=900x900

•••

Text preview episode 14

"사랑의 밝기는 몇 럭스일까요?"

달리와 함께 작가의 작업실을 찾은 무학은 처음으로 예술적 감동을 체험하고 달리에 대한 사랑을 재확인한다. 한편, 달리는 계속 잇달아 발생된 미술관 관련 사건들의 배후로 태진을 의심하는데

Translate by Papago

"What is the brightness of love?"

Muhak, who visited the artist's studio with Dali, experiences artistic impressions for the first time and reaffirms his love for Dali. Meanwhile, Dali suspects Taejin behind a series of art museum-related incidents.

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

I forgot to mention there's one thing I really like about the way this OTP is written. Remember that scene where MH was grabbing Dali's wrist to stop her from leaving with TJ? With one look from Dali, MH was able to let go of her wrist. Normally, the girl will have to be the one prying her wrist free from the guy's grab. But here, MH respects her wish and let go. Dali also waited for him to understand her and let go. I really love this detail in the writing and directing.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama yes. And this part when they met at night. Moo Hak saw bruises on Dali's neck and face, wanted to touch her face but from Dali's reaction Moo Hak knew she didn't want him to check her bruises. Moo Hak told her he would cook for her but Dali said she didn't want anything. Moo Hak bought medicine and left it in front of her house. I saw comment on Twitter about this : he gave her space for herself.

Pre-release

I guess Moo Hak gives some suggestions how Dali can call him : honey, darling, oppa, dangsin, yeobo 😅 

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 4

Honey , oppa, tangshin , yeobo.....:hug:...jagiya ... 

Done with eps 13 . Really love how Dali has grown. I know I kept saying how much I love MuHak but I must also say that Dali's development has been great. I like how she holds her head up high and firmly says no when she needs to while remaining elegant. Love her quiet resilience. 

And this scene made me happy...

I was hoping that MuHak can break away from his father's business without losing his contribution. Looks like the holding company's shares belong to MuHak which is great. At least he can take the gamjatang business with him which we know is successful thanks to his blood, sweat & tears. 

And with the new stills...ahhh looks like this round no one interrupted their sweet moment. :smile:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 hours ago, stroppyse said:

When you're really over someone, you can deal with them without getting too emotional about it. It's when they still have some hold over you or some emotional pull, that it's hard to not react.

I agree with you on this point, and I previously said about how good she is in dealing with him from a personal point of view, but from a work point of view? Or being the financier who gives money, that he goes too far in using his power or argument in relation to the business using an excuse to meet Dali and this is something that falls (in a personal sense) that Dali didn't make him obligate,,, Or how do I see her telling him that she's naive bcs she was thinking "she can take over the museum in front of you".. I mean it's something that falls into how she views herself and how she thinks Tae Jin is great because of his stature and authority... But now it seems Dali sees Tae Jin as his true color and she will suspect he is behind everything that happens.. I hope she will be strong against him as she did with others. She is good at using her words when angry as we have seen her defending Won Tak  and defending herself in front of the aggressor, etc

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I can understand how we have concerns about what happens because of a recurring pattern in a K-drama where a couple have to break up and  get back together at end Episode.. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, But the way of this writer that's really exceptional that I see this couple for the first time like this. , they respect each other and how the hero gives his heroine a special space that she needs and how they communicate with each other and learn from each other..even Mohak said that he is ready to take on any responsibilities regarding the relationship and that he knows the damage and doesn't want Dali to think things for his benefit...

We also saw a cover poster and a screenshot where it show that this is couple Dalmu who live in their own world and are next to each other no matter what is going on outside and that Tae Jin is watching them and will not be able to destroy them as if TJ is surprised to see them being together despite his presence and power, that's what I get from this pictures (I'm not good at expression lol :lmao2:)spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

3 hours ago, ssteph said:

Translate by Papago

"What is the brightness of love?"

Muhak, who visited the artist's studio with Dali, experiences artistic impressions for the first time and reaffirms his love for Dali. Meanwhile, Dali suspects Taejin behind a series of art museum-related incidents.

Do you all remember what Won Tak said in Episode 8 (after their first kiss) regarding the threat? It would be great and logical that Dali cooperates and asks for help from Won Tak ,,This is a duty,, No one should silence his illegal actions.. and this will form a team that wants to catch them and put them in prison, first of which is Tae Jin.I hope it happens like this and not repeat the usual drama :popcorn:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3