Dal Li and Gamjatang 달리와 감자탕 [2021]

dad02471b449565186fd2b8b7dbc6f2365ef8292

source

Hahaha! I, too, thought it was a norm for people to lick it. In fact... Suzy, Lee Jong Suk and Jung Hae In licked it in While You Were Sleeping at the convenience shop while trying to find their connections of dreaming the future. That said, I sometimes lick it and most of the time don't.

Do you guys think Moo Hak will take homeless Dali to his house and they have co-habitation?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Do you guys think Moo Hak will take homeless Dali to his house and they have co-habitation?

I would love that. But I think it won’t happen, huhu... because of the tenant upstairs. In the preview it is shown that police “brother” of Dali will send her to the museum and MH sees that. I am sure he will recognize him. 

For a super rich person like MH, I am surprised his house isn’t a bigger one. 

Do you guys notice how KMJ raised his eyebrow while enjoying licking the cover of the yogurt? I love him in this loud character of MH 😄 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I would love that. But I think it won’t happen, huhu... because of the tenant upstairs. In the preview it is shown that police “brother” of Dali will send her to the museum and MH sees that. I am sure he will recognize him. 

For a super rich person like MH, I am surprised his house isn’t a bigger one. 

Do you guys notice how KMJ raised his eyebrow while enjoying licking the cover of the yogurt? I love him in this loud character of MH 😄

I wonder if she might ended up staying at the police brother's place and the police brother goes to sleep at Moo Hak's?! LOL coz it's unlikely both men would want to let Dali sleep at each other's place and be alone with one of them!

I think Moo Hak owns the apartment around him, or at least one top and bottom units. He rents the top out for investment and he stayed at the ground one. I'm also thinking if he didn't go for a bigger one purely because he didn't want to "waste" money. It's quite confusing of the way he spends, I need a better understanding of it because he obviously does spend on expensive clothings however just exactly how expensive is he willing to go? And obviously he tries to buy from places he can get a discount (as we've seen) LOL. Do Louis Vutton ever go on sales??? Hahaha, I just unintentionally reveal I'm not a branded kind of person and have no knowledge on expensive brands. Please educate me a little and gently. 😅

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Do Louis Vutton ever go on sales??? Hahaha, I just unintentionall reveal I'm not a branded kind of person and have no knowledge on expensive brands. Please educate me a little and gently. 😅

They (LV) don't but some other brands do. Some do have outlets for end of season or previous seasons. But truly luxurious brands say Chanel , Hermes would rarely go on sale (perhaps once or twice a year at the their HQ in Paris or something) . So here in Asia, there are resellers for certain brands who will so call offer it cheaper - but often the cheaper price is due to exchange rates and also off season goods. 

In Mu Hak's case perhaps he's buying from high end local designers. Actually his behaviour is quite typical of many rich people I know. It is not so much how cheap or expensive something is but it is what gives you value. So like he was not happy paying $10 for a cup of coffee - fair enough because is the coffee worth $10 ( personally I don't spend $$ on drinks much either - make at home will save you lots of $$ ) but I get why he would splurge on nice clothes - it makes him feel good & it sends out a message that he's made it ( that is the satisfaction that he derives from the wearing these OTT outfits ) .

I liked eps 4 a lot. While MH has no qualms yelling when he needs to - I thought he made plenty of valid points when he told Dali off about the continuation of the quarterly children's  programmes. This is no time to be charitable when the gallery has insufficient funds to be paying its own staff. Clearly Dali has had no experience running an organisation , and I can understand her naivety where $$ is concerned. MH's money smarts were clearly on display when he yelled at his staff for not keeping things up to standard and for doing things that goes against the franchise. For franchises to work, the system must be followed. MH's not just good with $ but has management skills if you ask me. So I think with his help, Dali has a better chance of turning things around for the gallery. 

I am quite intrigued by the relationship btwn Dali and her ex fiancé. She was so in love with him then - does she still have lingering feelings? 

@ktcjdrama I believe KMJ is having a blast playing this. The tattoo is fake - it was so that they can frighten the folks at the museum. 

• Insightful 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

1 hour ago, ssteph said:

That girl who works at his gallery, suspicious, why she looked at photo of Dalli and her dad.

Yay you're watching this.

Good point about that girl. I keep forgetting to bring that up. My makjang mind kept thinking that she may be  the father's illegitimate daughter or something. LOL

• Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Hey, this is fun. Saw a lot of good press about it and thought I'd give it a look. I like everything about it so far. The premise. The outfits, (love the 1950s vibe) the hairstyle. The leads, how they met and how they meet again. The best part is that he fell for her fast and went for it. I always like it best when the guy falls for the girl first. But it looks like there's a reverse harem in the offing. Hope not though. Love triangles are bad enough.

The dialogue is terrific too. 

The line from the first Toy Story film comes to mind... "You uncultured swine". Not sure why... :P

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma Ooo yay! This is quite an interesting rom-com. Has got lot more going plot-wise.  :hug: What episode are you at? Love triangle is confirmed but harem not quite sure yet. Not surprising if there is as FL is pretty sweet. I do like Dali a lot  though I thought she may be like one of those damsels in distress that needed saving given that she lived a pretty sheltered life. However as the episodes go she  seems to be quietly resilient and like how she keeps it classy to how she handles things. MuHak - ahhh not tsundere at all !! LOL ...can be so loud but he  doesn't turn me off because he's just such a practical person. 

@mademoiselle looks like falling on top of each other is their thing huh? LOL

• Haha 4

I really like this drama so far. From what I understand, Da Li was born into a prestigious family so that is the life she's known - sheltered from the realities of the worlds. On the other hand, Moo Hak's family came into money through their Gamjatang restaurants and that is why he is more aware of the value of every cent. I actually love that he calculates the value of everything by equating it to how many bowls of Gamjatang he can buy for it. It goes to show that even though they have money, they don't take it for granted. I also admire that fact that Moo Hak works hard for his money. 

Moo Hak is what I would call more street smart while Da Li is more educated/cultured. I cannot wait to see how the two of them will grow together.

I am curious to find out how that female colleague is involved with Da Li's father's demise. Also curious to find out if the cousin had anything to do with it. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 4

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

Kim Min Jae And Park Gyu Young Can’t See Eye To Eye In “Dali And Cocky Prince”

Kim-Min-jae-Park-Gyu-Young-7.jpg

KBS 2TV’s “Dali and Cocky Prince” released new stills of Kim Min Jae and Park Gyu Young!

“Dali and Cocky Prince” is a romantic comedy starring Kim Min Jae as Jin Mu Hak, a man who lacks schooling and book smarts but is extremely resourceful and talented at making a living, and Park Gyu Young as Kim Dal Li, a woman who is intellectually polished and comes from an elite background but doesn’t know how to take care of herself.

Spoilers

In episode 4, Kim Dal Li announced a temporary management system for the Cheongsong Art Gallery, and she had a confrontation with Jin Mu Hak about the art gallery’s management after Jin Mu Hak self-appointed himself as the director. In the upcoming episode, Jin Mu Hak will attempt to transform Cheongsong Art Gallery into a money-making art gallery and reveal a plan to save it, causing the two to face off once again.

The newly released stills capture Jin Mu Hak and Kim Dal Li standing extremely close to one another as they share a tense confrontation. Although they’re not smiling and exude an almost hostile atmosphere, the scene still manages to make the viewers’ hearts flutter.

Furthermore, Kim Dal Li comes to Cheongsong Art Gallery wearing a unique pair of shades. Her appearance raises questions since she looks colder than her usual bright and calm self.

Park-Gyu-Young-2.jpg

Meanwhile, Jin Mu Hak can’t hide his angry expression as he shoots lasers from his eyes. He clearly displays his discomfort, making viewers wonder how their confrontation will play out.

Kim-Min-Jae-2.jpg

The production team shared, “Mu Hak and Dal Li will have a tight confrontation because they don’t see eye to eye on the director position. The chemistry of the two who always bicker but still manage to make viewers’ hearts flutter will be revealed through episode 5, so please show lots of interest.”

“Dali and Cocky Prince” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m. KST.

source

• Like 5

Yay @Mouse Glad you're watching this too. 

On 10/6/2021 at 12:15 AM, Mouse said:

am curious to find out how that female colleague is involved with Da Li's father's demise. Also curious to find out if the cousin had anything to do with it. 

I think your speculations are right... from today's cut

Spoiler

I scrubbed  through the cuts but can't figure out how Dali hurt her eyes and had to be in sunnies the entire time. But she was really mad at him in the last cut and says that all that he is actually just concerned with is his money and the ex happened to overhear

Preview

• Like 4

@abs-oluteM I skimmed through ep 5 but without subtitles, I can’t understand anything. It looks like Da Li got robbed and hurt at the motel she was staying in which is why she had bruises all over. But since I didn’t really watch the entire episode, I don’t know if it’s the same guy who had broken into the gallery at the end of ep 4. 

I like that fact that Moo Hak wears his heart on his sleeve and in some ways it’s adorable at how impulsive he is. I know this likely isn’t such a good trait in the long run but I love that he just says what he thinks. It gets him in trouble for sure but at least you know where you stand with him. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

I finished episode 5 and I think I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of screen time between DL and MH. DL is struggling to adapt to her new life and besides making bad choices to learn from, some of the life lessons she's learned has been through her conversations with MH. I'm hoping we get to see more of them working to save the gallery together. DL could use some of MH's experience in running a business, but maybe she could allow her employees to use more toilet paper. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

For what it's worth - MH is right where money and what's important is concerned. Perhaps because I am in finance, that I kept nodding my head when he came up with the plan to turn the gallery around. When the staff mocked him for his seemingly ridiculous money saving ideas , I just couldn't wait for them to find out that they won't be getting paid. But ultimately they are just employees - the one that truly needs to get a grip on things quickly is Dali. I should be fair to her though - she's been thrust into this situation and I can imagine how lost and embarrassed she feels. Running a business &  a gallery is not something you  can learn to do overnight. I suppose part of her  arc here is about learning to get help and listening to good advice instead of just trying to shoulder everything on her own.

Thought it very sweet of Won Tak to give her $$ so she could pay the wages. He lied that he caught the thief because he knew Dali would not want to take the $$ from him. I don't know if Won Tak has any romantic feelings for her. At this point , it just feels like they are family. 

There are several characters that annoy me as it is. One is MuHaks' step bro who is always up to no good with his greedy ideas. That redevelopment plan that he suggested to the father sounds risky. I wonder though what he filmed that  night Dali's father died. Then there's MuHak's ex who dumped him because he couldn't get his idioms right. LOL. I guess her family looked down at him for being uneducated & uncultured. After seeing him with Dali, she wants him back. One of those spoilt brat rich girls. Urghh.

Now , I really hope we see more development between MH and Dali. They need to start working together. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Looks like at a press con she cleared up all the rumors etc by getting the CCTV footage of what happened to her at the motel released to the press. As expected it was her cousin who was behind these incriminating articles. 

Spoiler

That couch scene...thought it was pretty heart fluttery

Ooo I love this ending scene....they caught the thief and guess who almost punched him ? Creative back hug ! :smile: He had given her a ride to the police station , that was how he ended there.

Preview...forget love triangle ...this looks like some sort of love pentagon or something. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@abs-oluteM ugh, I cannot wait to watch the next episode! Still not available on Viki and even ep 5 is not fully subbed yet :jinbtscry:

The love pentagon comment made me laugh! 

That back hug was so sweet though and I cannot wait for Dali and Moo Hak to start working together. I totally agree with Moo Hak's business strategy. Even though he's not as literate or as "educated" as everyone else, he is quite smart and knowledgeable when it comes to running a business and managing finances. I also like that he seems to have a good work-life balance in that he's against working overtime LOL

I love that when he found Dali at the gallery, he scolded her for the electricity she was using.

I cannot wait to see everyone's reactions when they find out the connection between Dali, Moo Hak and the brother. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Just finished watching ep 5 and part of ep 6 (still waiting for the rest of the subs). 

I’m glad that Dali admitted that it was foolish of her to have been carrying around that sum of money because I was actually thinking the same. If I had that kind of cash, I would immediately be putting it in the bank or at least not taking it out in the open for others to see. She didn’t even hide it when she was paying for the motel. But this just goes to show that she’s naive and inexperienced when it comes to the realities of the world.

I have to admit I sympathized with her employees when they criticized her for wearing designer clothing when she couldn’t even afford to pay their salaries. I wish, though, that Dali would be more forthright with her struggles instead of opting to keep it all to herself. By keeping the truth about her struggles from them, she’s only giving them opportunities to misunderstand her. 

As for Moo Hak, at times I want to smack him in the back of his head and sometimes I just want to hug him because I find him adorable. I do wish he had just offered his place when she didn’t have anywhere to go. I loved his reaction to having found out about the robbery and when he saw her bruises… you could tell he really cared for her. 

In ep 6, I laughed out loud when Moo Hak woke up from sleep (I thought he had perhaps heard Dali upstairs or something) and as it turns out, he had just remembered that he left a light on.  The way he quickly gets up, turns it off and happily goes back to sleep was just so Moo Hak to the core. Honestly find his penny pinching ways so adorable. 

Also, the scene where he tries to call Dali and her phone is vibrating right above him… LOLOL! I can’t believe it didn’t occur to him that she’s upstairs! 

anyway, I have yet to watch the rest of ep 6 with subtitles so this is it for now. Really loving this one so far. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2