Immortal Samsara / Agarwood Like Crumbs / Chenxiang Ru Xie 沉香如屑 [2022]

The scene where YY asked YD to gets back together and YD refused with all of the right reasonings but YY restored Yelan Mountain and insisted on her, felt like a Sugar Daddy 哄 a Sugar Baby by giving her castle, Lambo, Hermes, Louboutin etc etc  😂😂😂

Well, in modern setting YY is indeed a Sugar Daddy, old rich and powerful plus added bonus by being hot….😂😂😂

YY-TZ rolled into one is a deadly combo. The flirtatious YY with that looks is irresistible. His flirty glances toward the bed is smoking! 😁😁

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 2

@OsmanthusTea all remaining six episodes are out. They must be doing a fast track. I couldn't resist and watched the ending.

And this is what I have to say.

Spoiler

@*$&(*%$&()*()*()  they both died. YY I think because with his death, the Asura clan would cease to exist and his sacrifice would mean world peace (I am guessing because I have not watched all six episodes as you can tell and it's in Chinese, raw... so I understand a bit but not all). AND because he died YD killed herself. The very last second, all we can see is that both their spirits fall into the agarwood burner and that's it folks. IT ENDS THERE. Now you know why I was swearing. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IpohBanana said:

@OsmanthusTea Youku is like MangoTV (remember Sleepless Princess where they made viewers pay for the final scene) ??? Guess what? There is going to be an Easter Egg 

Capture02da36a0e7326cc9.jpg

And here is a reported scene from there https://fb.watch/fipSfFXT_a/

I read there will be additional 2 more episodes 😂😂

Add. I just checked, yes there is upcoming 2 other eps...Crazy!!

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Party! 1
12 minutes ago, IpohBanana said:

@OsmanthusTea I felt that CY's portrayal of Xuan Ye was a bit reptilian... seriously it reminded me of a snake and his voice was erh strange. I think that voice is CY's own voice - I just compared with his voice in South Wind Knows My Mood (unless that was dubbed??). It's the same voice, tbh not very endearing or attractive.

Yes, especially during the scene where he cried over his wife’s death. How he moves his head left and right made him looks like a 🐍, but XY is a real 🐍 though in how cunning was he 😂 and yes XY was dubbed by CY himself.

• Like 2

@IpohBananaI have no regret watching this. Cheng Yi is such ethereal beauty. And he done so well showcasing many sides of the characters :

- YY 

- YY white hair possesed

- TZ

- TZ cosplayed as YY 😅 (this one probably my fav)

- XY (this 🐍 seems to be @OsmanthusTea's fav 🤣)

- YY with Azura's blood (okay this also super 🔥

Did I missed any of the many personalities? 

I actually think the ending is decent. As of none of CY drama ever end well hahaahha

...I came well prepared 😆

@UnniSaraWill miss this drama. And I'm glad it's really popular in China. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea To be fair, a drama with Yang Zi and him can't be that bad to watch. I just thought the ending felt like someone pulled the plug as they were editing. So, now I know why, I won't complain - it's just that I wish the network (Youku) won't do this kind of thing and spoil their own reputation. [then again it doesn't have a terribly good one, anyway]

with regards to your comment on ethereal beauty - my hubby caught sight of him as I was watching it on my PC in our bedroom. His comment

Spoiler

"this guy looks like a girl, probably lacking some male hormone". I was rendered quite speechless to that.:thinking:

it could be that he looks like his mother, I have seen guys who take after their mothers and thus have more feminine features.

I hope your words don't become prophecy - I certainly don't wish for South Wind Knows my Mood to end with a SE or BE. :lmao2:

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@IpohBanana

My biggest complain of IS is the dialogues. I told @SilverMoonTea the same thing. IS had such a shallow and meaningless chessy corny dialogue for Chinese costume drama. I don't what's the writer/s were smoking when they wrote this. IS had a great potential to have many iconic phrases but it fell flat for me.

:lmao2: prolly not smoking weed enough, so they didn't get sufficient inspiration. I agree, the script isn't good and the scene where she was lying in YY's arms after giving him her remaining Lotus Heart (I felt) was dragged out far too long, and the order of her 'speech' was not quite logical.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, IpohBanana said:

:lmao2: prolly not smoking weed enough, so they didn't get sufficient inspiration. I agree, the script isn't good and the scene where she was lying in YY's arms after giving him her remaining Lotus Heart (I felt) was dragged out far too long, and the order of her 'speech' was not quite logical.

Also the scene where YY about to kills himself and YD kept shouting, "你下来!!." was such an underwhelmed for a supposedly a closing dramatic scene. So many unnecessary dialogues. My Mandarin isn't great, even I can tell they wasted so many time with shallow talking. 

• Like 2