Most important spoiler tonight is what actually happened the night her mum died. The egg ghost jumped from IB to the mum. The mum even strangled IB's uncle and through him on the floor and he was unconscious. Then Ji A herself came in. She called out to her mum , but the mum turned to her and went after her. JA remembered what her mum said about using the pin to stab the heart, so JA did that not knowing that this egg ghost will kill its host as well when being exorcised. At the moment the exorcism was done , mum's powers passed on to JA. Little IB was lying unconscious next to JA, he also touched JA's hands as that happened . That is why he and JA are linked and he can absorbed her memories.  Of course mum died , and that is why Joo tried to hide the truth from JA. JA passed out but she had block the memory of "killing" her own mum ever since the trauma. So I think mum hangs on because JA sub-conciously cannot let mum go. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Good episode. I'm just relieved that we finally got the facts behind mother's death once and for all. An explanation was long overdue and to be frank it's one of my least favourite part of the show. Yay also for not much Do Hak-sung.

It's obvious that the show has used this incident to continue the push and pull between the leads for a while now. I understand the rationale for keeping it from her when she was younger but... anyway. There's never a good time for these kinds of truth telling. And in hindsight, it's part of the problem why Hong Mi-jin is hanging on and unable to move on to the other side. 

The upside of that of course is that she was able to establish (after a bumpy start) a nice working relationship with In-beom up to now who is her true other half. If she had known his indirect involvement in her mother's death sooner, well, he wouldn't have been able to get past the front door.

The show deserves much credit for explaining everything reasonably well. It's clear why Oh Sung-sik had no memory of what transpired after he was rendered unconscious. He was also the cause of the egg ghost possessing In-beom it seems. Poor In-beom, one minute it goes well for him and the next he has to run around to find out what it is he's done now to upset the lady. He's a super sweet kid and considering what he's had to go through in his childhood, he came out of all that relatively unscathed. Yeah, he hustled for a bit but he finally found an anchor and direction in his association with Ji-ah.

It's a terrible shared past for the leads indeed but the show is signalling to Ji-ah that it's time for her to let go. Not knowing obviously didn't help but then knowing put her into another dark place which leads to more isolation and desolation. This is always the problem of the blame game... how far can you go? That night was a perfect storm of events coming together leading to Hong Mi-jin's ultimate sacrifice. It was her choice to make as much as it was Oh Sung-sik's to set fire to that neighbourhood and want to protect his nephew from being stabbed.

Blame is a natural human reaction to tragedy senseless or otherwise but if you don't learn the right lessons from the past, it's like falling in a deep dark pit and not letting anyone reach out and pull you out. Life is meant to be lived taking the right lessons from the past not in a state of perpetual regret/ angst.

Despite the what I deem unnecessary push and pull between the leads, I'm still barracking for them to be more than colleagues at the end of this seemingly long tunnel.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Good episode. I'm just relieved that we finally got the facts behind mother's death once and for all. An explanation was long overdue and to be frank it's one of my least favourite part of the show. Yay also for not much Do Hak-sung.

Me too. My goodness - my patience was really tested each time she gets these fragments in her memory , and now to think they were just false memories because of her trauma.

The other thing that I am also getting impatient with is the progress of the romance. I was happy initially with the slow burn....but this is waaaaaay too slow.  To me it is clear that they both care for each other beyond a work relationship. All the teasing by the writer  & chemistry between the leads should not go to waste. 

In the next episode,  it seems In Bum's life is at stake - I hope that becomes the catalyst for her to realise how much he means to her. They are , in my opinion, perfect for each other. He has no issues being bossed around by her :MewGiggle: and she could do with the warmth that he brings (literally & figuratively speaking ). Their fates are already tied since the day he was brought to see her mother. His eyes also turned red like hers when her mum died. They are meant to be in this partnership. Now I am wondering if he too can carry out exorcism. 

Sigh KBS is not airing eps 14 this week and will only air it next week

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Why aren't they airing episode 14? Haha, well makes it easy for me because now I have caught up on all my Kdramas! :CharmanderYay:

20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

The other thing that I am also getting impatient with is the progress of the romance. I was happy initially with the slow burn....but this is waaaaaay too slow.  To me it is clear that they both care for each other beyond a work relationship. All the teasing by the writer  & chemistry between the leads should not go to waste.

I'm ok with this romance. I feel like it was sold to me as 'light on romance' - mainly a badass ghost fighting story with the romance being more of a tease rather than central to the story. I was actually pleasantly surprised every time there was a romance scene.

Episode 13

- Finally the revelation of what actually happened on the night! I don't think I was as frustrated as some of you guys about this hidden storyline, but I did also want to know the truth. It was getting to the point where it was fairly obvious that HJA was somehow more involved in the events that night that she initially knew. One thing though was that I was getting so sick of seeing the egg ghosts' face :lettalKWA: Even though I knew it was coming every time, I would get really scared! :letalQQ:

- It was sad that HJA found out she was the one who stabbed her mum! I mean she did exactly as her mother told her to do, but she just didn't know killing the egg ghost would kill it's host. :PiplupCry:  But if the egg ghost had not taken over HJA's mother's body, it would have been sad for her mum to have to kill OIB as a kid.

- The time line actually made sense in terms of the events - I was always confused about the uncle's last memory vs. HJA's memory in the flashbacks, but yeah, that explains why the uncle was so hysterical about wanting to turn himself in to the police, which in turn, is why DHS killed him in fear he would get him in trouble. I see now :MonkaTang:

- I feel like HJA does have her priorities a little mixed up - I know OIB and his uncle were there at the scene so it's easy to feel a big grudge against them. But OIB's friend is right - the only real bad guy in the whole matter is DHS who ordered OIB's uncle to set a fire and kill people. OIB's uncle was not smart, but he was also being threatened by gangsters. :HaunterOK:

- Speaking of OIB's friend, he was such a sweetheart thinking of sacrificing all his money to help his friend! :BulbaOWO:

- OIB's words to HJA were so comforting - the words she used on him...but I like that he respects her space while she's having a hard time rather than forces his company on her. He is a real softie, huh! :hearties:

- Did they ever really explain who this aunty at Blue Salt was - like how does HJA know her? It felt a bit fillery, though I liked the cameo. 

- The revelation at the end made sense too in terms of HJA's mum and the restaurant lady and her son. And I was about to argue that it didn't make sense with the ghost child and her parent, but then I remembered that the parents initially thought that she had been run over, so they weren't blaming themselves for her death. :MewHi: Of course, it'll make her feel guilty again that she was the one who willed her mother, unknowingly to be by her side for all these years :letalQQ:

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@abs-oluteMI think the writer really might not intend to develop romance for them? It's already ep 13. Actually the setting already perfect for turbulence love with their history background. But next episodes back to hand shake again huh lols? 😅

But the worried In Beom in hospital with pretext trying to warm her up, really looks just like a normal worrisome boyfriend tending to his girlfriend. Since I love slow burn romance, actually I don't really mind their progress. Me and @JenLhave same hobby on this 😆

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Since I love slow burn romance, actually I don't really mind their progress. Me and @JenLhave same hobby on this 😆

Hahaha, oh yeah, @SilverMoonTea and I both enjoy the reaaaaal torturous slow burn romances that have strong chemistry, but ambiguous romantic actions :laugh:

@abs-oluteM I tend to call this style of romance a Will-they-Won't-they romance. It's like the scriptwriters give the characters enough chemistry to show some serious loving could happen...but they also leave it as a tease because the characters never openly acknowledge a relationship, or it's vaguely implied or it happens with a kiss in the last minute of the drama. You spend the whole time questioning if it'll ever become a proper romance... :idk: But it doesn't bother me too much if done well (unless the couple really get under my skin and I wish more had happened!)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

LOLLL maybe this is the only way to get you to watch a drama all the way to the end @SilverMoonTea :laugh:

I remember you told me you finished In Time With You and coincidentally (or not) the OTP didn't get together until the finale episode.

In Beom is definitely head over heels over Ji Ah. I think Ji Ah will only be able to reciprocate after she lets her mother go.

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

@JenL @SilverMoonTea in some dramas I am  fine with the open ended type of conclusion in the romance department with  small hints that the couple has potential going forward. But for this one, I do want a resolution cause their chemistry here was the selling point for me. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

LOLLL maybe this is the only way to get you to watch a drama all the way to the end @SilverMoonTea :laugh:

I remember you told me you finished In Time With You and coincidentally (or not) the OTP didn't get together until the finale episode.

Kudos your memory really good madem haha... yes I did. Couple only official in last episode. I almost pull my hair ahaha... 

@abs-oluteMactually seems to me In Beom have one sided crush haha... Ji Ah more in need of him as psychic 😅😆 I think maybe only if something happen to him then it will surfaced, her hidden feeling (?) 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea Hahaha not really. Maybe good selective memory. ITWY was a drama I held very high opinion of so I guess it stuck better that you completed it, hahaha. They were bound to find their way to each other so why pull your hair ahahaha. I'm quite satisfied of the ending la~ director gave so much fan service since there was none for 12 episodes. But I was happy to just watch them talk and interact. Good chemie on-screen couple of 2011.

So in the end they aren't fighting / exorcising ghost anymore. The final enemy is a human and I'm guessing Do Hak Sang might die in the end and comes back one last time as a spirit... like that rapist killer.

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL @SilverMoonTea in some dramas I am  fine with the open ended type of conclusion in the romance department with  small hints that the coupe has potentials going forward. But for this one, I do want a resolution cause the their chemistry here was the selling point for me. 

Fair enough...this is totally what hooked me in too, though oddly enough I was not expecting romance so my expectations in the romance department are much lower I think. That, and I like the slow burn. :lenny:

4 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@abs-oluteMactually seems to me In Beom have one sided crush haha... Ji Ah more in need of him as psychic 😅😆 I think maybe only if something happen to him then it will surfaced, her hidden feeling (?) 

I feel like HJA likes OIB back, but if she had to pick between her mother and OIB, she would pick her mother since she needs to resolve that and see her mother finally rest in peace. But I also think she just has a personality that is too cool to be mushy, though she probably secretly enjoys how soft OIB is towards her :smug::wow:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I love how the appearance of Kim Mi Kyung is like a Cupid for our MLs. For IB, her words got him to recognise his affections towards JA is love and encourages him to tell her. For JA, she encourages her not to push everyone who loves her away. While our stubborn JA is still traveling in da Nile, Egypt, claiming that what they shared isn’t love, KMK’s character knew exactly where are the right buttons to push, forcing JA to rethink her thoughts to run away.

For me it kind of tell us that JA is really terrible with handling people relationship. It amused me as JA has been more than often the one guiding IB and someone everyone look up to for leadership but she’s absolutely terrified at handling people or understanding people’s concern for her... and she can’t properly express her concern for people... something that she claims not to care but KYK pointed out that the fact is she is just as warm hearted as her mother despite claiming to be indifferent to people. I like how KYK’s character just tore that cold indifference mask off JA bluntly... and I think she needed that because Deputy director Joo mollycoddled JA a teeny weeny too much, to the point of hiding the very truth from her despite knowing that JA longs to learn about her mother’s death.

Now... I totally understand why she won’t tell a 11 years old then, but somewhere along JA’s adulthood she could have shared something with JA. But her protectiveness over JA made that decision for JA, justifying her decision that it would be better for JA not to know. But it is also robbing JA the opportunity to  grow emotionally... I think the Not Knowing was slowly killing JA, to the point that when she finally learned of the truth, it was a direct shock to her system, causing her to defensively feel betrayed and run away since the one person she trusted most can so easily could hide something so important to her, can she trust anyone else?!<And of course IB will need to prove otherwise to win her over... (There IB, I found chink in JA's armour for you!)

JA overacted, while JA knew Deputy director Joo probably thinks it’s for her good not to know, but it’s that action of hiding facts for the “Greater Good” which also made JA felt like a doll in bubble wraps, reducing her to a damsel in distress, because Deputy director Joo felt that JA would be hurt again... For someone who has been with JA for the longest time, she   has failed to give JA the opportunity to learn to process pain & hurt, that lacking made that final blow harder than ever for JA because while JA trusted her without a doubt, Deputy Director Joo didn’t trust JA enough to be able to handle the truth.... it reminds me of how Dumbledore kept the truth from Harry to give him a happy childhood.. but neither Harry or JA was happy despite being spared from the horrors of truth. Instead they were emotionally tortured by their self-blaming guilt. So the For your good, don’t really protect the person but cuts only deeply.

Once again I just want to say, the romance isn’t the brightest aspect in SYHH, but I came to appreciate how logical and realistic the relationships between characters are building up. They are not perfect, and being MLs don’t automatically give them the “you can do no wrong get out of jail free card”... They can misunderstood, they can do wrong, they can react badly, but they can also reflect on their own actions and apologise when it is needed. So I do look forward to JA & IB being a couple but it probably won’t happen soon coz JA needs the opportunity to realise that she is loved before recognising that she cares for IB more than she thought. So I’m guessing that will be in the last one or two episodes for JA to be enlightened.... lol and we will then finally get the romance we are looking forward to.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

I read from Naver that In Bum moves into her 1st floor...ahahaha...cohabitation trope finally coming in?

Aishhh can she stop being so angry and take a good look at how sexy he is in 1:40 ? LOL

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think the writer intention is for them to have healing relationship. Not with the passionate love that we all want lols @abs-oluteM

Echoed you @ktcjdrama, I don't really like egg ghost either. It's kind of disturbing. 

Noooo ...who cares about all this healing stuff....come on writer-nim. This drama really dragging this

Wow , look at the amount of food their eating :shocked2:...I feel indigestion on their behalf

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The last part of ridding of the egg ghost was awesome, but I would still like an explanation on how it was possible without the death of any one of them. That last scene was so unexpected though, urgh!

I teared up a bit when Joo looked up the window and asked Mother to protect Ji-Ah.

About the romance, sadly I now don't think it will ever take off. It seems that they're just going to be great partners in ghost-busting.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The last part of ridding of the egg ghost was awesome, but I would still like an explanation on how it was possible without the death of any one of them. That last scene was so unexpected though, urgh!

I suspect that it has something to do with IB finding out the names of those 8 spirits who died at the same moment, and JA writing them down before stabbing herself. For Egg ghosts in the past they never figured out who they were hence using a blank paper. So that should be a more direct attack on the egg ghost and also that they shared power, just like how they did 20 years ago, when the two kids’ eyes lit up when IB gave his support by touching JA.

That would mean that one person is not enough to stop the Egg Ghost and for JA and IB during the 2 times they got rid of the Egg Ghost was always a teamwork between them.

• Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

It's so annoying to have to wait for another week just to watch the finale (like Law School).

It's so strange that for the last 2 episodes, Ji Ah's Omma has chosen not to appear around her. Can she choose to appear on her own will if she's bound to Ji Ah? I doubt Ji Ah has let her go (and pretty sure the drama is setting up for the tear-jerking farewell for the finale).

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

It's so annoying to have to wait for another week just to watch the finale (like Law School).

It's so strange that for the last 2 episodes, Ji Ah's Omma has chosen not to appear around her. Can she choose to appear on her own will if she's bound to Ji Ah? I doubt Ji Ah has let her go (and pretty sure the drama is setting up for the tear-jerking farewell for the finale).

Tell me about it!! It's like because these dramas are not yet finished, I dare not pick up new dramas! 

I also found it strange that we haven't seen Ji-Ah's mother, that made me think, could she have gone away because after Ji-Ah already realised that it was because she is holding on to her, she actually has unconsciously let go of her mother? 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love