My Roommate is a Gumiho 간 떨어지는 동거 [2021]

I enjoy a little of the angsty Woo Yeo was in but I also love that we're back to being comedic in episode 10. It was all kind of hilarious as he took on all of Hye Sun's advice and dodges skinship with Dam. Honestly I thought his hunger could really be due to sexual desires as well LOL LOL. Hye Sun continues to be hilarious whenever she's with Woo Yeo.

The mukbang, oh my goodness, I hope @TRaNz you didn't watch this late at night where delivery/take away is no longer available (McD is not gonna satiate the hunger for deliciously yummy good food - at least for me).

Glad to get the confirmation that the creepy guy was Mountain Spirit in disguise and yay another episode of cameo from Go Kyung Pyo. It's so mysterious that he's still lingering around Dam now that Maegu had been taken care of. And is he hanging around again because Woo Yeo may turn into one next...? As I learnt more of the gumiho's past, I am beginning to be confused how is it that they can be rewarded of becoming a human when they've caused death to humans (be it unintentionally) as they absorbed the human's energy...?

Spoiler

Spoiler

According to snippet of webtoon posted by netizens, there will be bed scene between Woo Yeo and Dam. :wow2:

And oh lol for the preview where Jae Jin wakes up in Hye Sun's bed. I wonder if...

On 6/24/2021 at 10:30 PM, Alice Wonderland said:

I wonder perhaps JJ will be the reincarnation of HY's lover in the past?

In the webtoon he is the reincarnation. ^ ^

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Maybe I should date gumiho too, so I can lost weight :Ghastlel:

I also was laughing when KTH dissapointed the lesson was cancelled and said his lesson as fascinating as his face 🤣

At this rate, I just watch and patiently wait to see Tiger sunbae only. Even his portion is so little, I like every moment he appear with Dam. That free hug stall so funny too. And the writer really want to torture me with that supposed red thread line. It felt like going to be more tragic this way.

This editing so pretty, I always ROFL ing when she rolling on the floor to avoid him...

• Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Maybe I should date gumiho too, so I can lost weight

Good idea. We can take turns so we won't die :laugh: and is able to maintain our beauty :laugh:

19 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

At this rate, I just watch and patiently wait to see Tiger sunbae only. Even his portion is so little, I like every moment he appear with Dam. That free hug stall so funny too. And the writer really want to torture me with that supposed red thread line. It felt like going to be more tragic this way.

I was wondering last week why he's still around even when we know there's no chance for him. Turns out there's that red thread thing. I wonder if it was just a fake out from Mountain Spirit to quicken up the gumiho turns human process. Honestly, is Mountain Spirit allowed to disrupt the balance of life (since he's the one coming up with the idea of the fox bead) and change humans' destiny...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Poor free hug boy :nervous:

The red thread felt like just a setup by mountain spirit @mademoiselle. Some shipper think its gumiho who is the third party disrupt SW x LD's fate. But I don't have that high hope 😅 I'm a frequent SLS sufferer, so I should know not to put empty hope on this lols. The red thread fate is so specialty from Japan manga that I read in my younger time. It's interesting to see this brought up on drama. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The red thread felt like just a setup by mountain spirit @mademoiselle. Some shipper think its gumiho who is the third party disrupt SW x LD's fate. But I don't have that high hope 😅 I'm a frequent SLS sufferer, so I should know not to put empty hope on this lols. The red thread fate is so specialty from Japan manga that I read in my younger time. It's interesting to see this brought up on drama. 

Hahahahaha they do know that the male lead is Woo Yeo and the OTP in webtoon is Woo Yeo and Dam, right? Or they do know yet is hoping the drama will be different? :lenny:

I am starting to like Tiger Sunbae, Seon Woo but I don't ship him with Dam since I know for sure he's not gonna get the girl. On the contrary I much prefer he gets a side-story of his own from now on rather than being a device used to bring Woo Yeo and Dam together. Then again, I think Bae In Hyuk has exude enough screen presence for me to remember him now (or thanks to you who highlighted him because of your SLS, lol).

• Haha 2

well am caught up now.....as much as I dislike it, im going to end up feeling sad for SunWoo coz he probably wont win Dam over through to the end.

Finally seeing some goodness for HyeSun and JaeJin.

Gotta love HyeSun for trying to help WooYeo even if its just eating food. hahahahaha

Shes such a dork with some of her scene in which I love.

Also love it when Dam has to do those really dramatic scenes that involve screaming or yelling, Hyeri does these sooo well that its enjoyable to watch.

That red string thing...is that a thing in real life? LOL, im gonna have to google this up. hahahahahah

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Ahahaaha... It's only in comic books mostly. 

This is a bit interesting, the nosy brother and sister will meet up? 

Ill take the bait...  SHIP Dan and SeoWoo the annoying siblings!!!! HAAHAHAHAHAHHA

58 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

No need to feel sad for Seon Woo, @TRaNz. He needs to remain pitiful so that @SilverMoonTea will continue to love him. The minute he gets the girl or become a male lead, she doesn't love him (them) anymore. :P

hahahaha yeah I'll try not to. LOL.

Like given how hes behaving im still surprised his horrible group of friends are acting like this is all new to them. sshheeessshhh ahahaha

Lee Dam.....your hair is sooo freaking straight and perfect..... :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

On 6/28/2021 at 2:17 AM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu Are you still watching?

I got up to episode 4 or 5 before I stopped. Work has been really busy because we're getting audited. I'm hoping that it ends soon because I would like my drama life back. :laugh:

I did see the clip for the kiss scene and wow, it went from sweet to intense. :psweatduck: I have watched many of the clips with Hye Sun and Jae Jin though. LOL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There's really nothing I don't like about this show. It is the sweetest most adorable squeaky toy that dishes out ice-cream scoops of warm fuzzies. I don't even mind the red string of destiny which seems to be annoying half the viewers on the web. LOL. To me it works reasonably well as the vehicle which the Old Man or Mountain Spirit uses to motivate Woo-yeon, to help him see the urgency of what he's missing by dragging his feet in his quest to become human. I can see Woo-yeon's dilemma but he can't dilly dally for too long. There are different things at stake for him. It isn't just that he has a rival but his own soul is also on the line.

I like Seon-woo (the actor is good and very likeable) although I don't have any kind of SLS. I feel a little sorry for him because he is being used as an object lesson by the Old Man to get Woo-yeon on track to becoming human ASAP ie. to show Woo-yeon what he's missing out on.  He may or may not have some kind of destiny with Dam but it's not the romantic kind. His is more of a growth arc than a romance one although I think his chemistry with Hye-ri is also very good.

Of course Kang Ha-na is pretty much my favourite thing in the whole drama. It's not that I don't love the leads -- I do. How can I not when they communicate so well and so honestly? It doesn't hurt that Jang Ki-yong is a great kisser. But Hye-sun and Jae-jin are just so well written as a pair. Although they're both variously experienced in the dating game and been badly burnt, there's an innocent air about both of them. They want more. Their little misunderstanding over "sleeping together" was very funny. If it pushed them into actually dating each other, I'm all for it. They are both still looking for the real deal which is surprisingly hard to come by considering that they're decent people. I also enjoy Hye-sun and Fox as lifelong platonic companions who talk about things that only make sense to them.

For me this show is like having a nice hot cup of chamomile in front of a heater on a winter's day. The set-up isn't exactly original but it's a great way to while away an hour or two each week.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Go Kyung Pyo's cameo is turning into an extended cameo like Nam Da Reum in Doom, LOL @abs-oluteM. The funniest thing is each episode he appears in an entirely different hairstyle. I feel that this "old man"/Mountain Spirit is actually very into fashion.

Woo Yeo and Hye Sun's scene never failed to crack me up and entertain. Albeit Hye Sun was literally pouring salt on Woo Yeo's wound, he has the time to diss her on "do you know how to spell detail?" :laugh:

And then there's Jae Jin and Hye Sun... so so cute. The miscommunication brought out the best / funniest from Jae Jin all the time. I really love this role for KDH. Of course it's Kang Han Na's best role too. I never thought she could do cute so well.

And then there's Jang Ki Yong... I had doubts how he's going to pull off the gumiho role ~ you know, that foxy aura but rather than the kind of foxy (Yao/妖) I expected that's portrayed differently by Lee Dong Wook, his is just charming. And I'm captivated by his eyes (emoting). The last scene was pretty mesmerising. There was times when I felt Ki Yong's acting is lacking in previous dramas but this one, I've no complaint so far - it suits him.

Soo Kyung and the Top 1 student - what exactly is that big big secret? LOL. Did she confess to him and got rejected?

Seon Woo oh Seon Woo. I feel sorry for him but I really can't give him Dam. He'll just have to find himself another lady (I offer @SilverMoonTea).

This episode's PPL is quite glaring although I don't mind the KANU ones even though JKY was basically doing a commercial with it. I remember very well KANU was endorsed by Gong Yoo though and had been so for many years. Will they perhaps approach JKY as well after this since he's doing a good job promoting it. The most glaring winner is none other than Subway (again).

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

YESSSS

The miscommunication between HyeSun and JaeJin...lots of happy high pitched squealing from me everytime theyre both on screen. hahaha I love it....easily my fav couple, the main leads have been taken over. HAHAHAHA

It almost feels likes WooYeo going to have to let go of Dam the way things are portrayed so far. That dream from the Mountain Spirit......ssheeesshhhh.....Gyung Pyo plays that role well...makes u want to slap the character to shut up. hahaha

And yesss SooKyung and Seok, for sure there was some past history of love there.

Mann this episode full of pairing ups.

Probs fav one to date. I really felt and could relate to that moment where JaeJin is apologizing and explaining to HyeSun after his run in with JinAh. The stuff said.....sooooo can relate too....**sighhhh*****

Anyway.....I cant wait to see how it comes out when HyeSun and JaeJin explain and clear up their misunderstanding of the whole "sleeping together" incident. hahahahahahha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I laughed so hard for the scene Hye Sun puts her hands on Soo Kyung's chest :laugh: I knew it was going to happen (coz I saw the video cover of the cut on iQiyi) and I still find it funny. Jae Jin is sooo sweet, gosh. How can all his ex dump him when he does everything for them? Or is it because he lets them have everything that they feel pressured and or think he has no opinion of himself...? So are they together or not coz Jae Jin technically confess he likes Hye Sun...

The show is making Seon Woo too pathetic now. I don't want to see him wallowing in his one sided love anymore. Dam has rejected him MANY TIMES now so when a guy can't take no for an answer and keeps pushing/disturbing the girl it's gives a negative effect rather than positive. I don't like it. I want him to have his own happiness.

Interesting. So the criteria of becoming human is that they have to become humanised. I'm happy that next episode Woo Yeo is becoming human and we don't need to drag on with the red thread any longer. So maybe the last two episodes will focus on how Woo Yeo get around as real human. I'm expecting some more funny scenes.

P.S. Apparently the show has omitted the bed scene. It's supposed to happen between episode 11 and 12.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I laughed so hard for the scene Hye Sun puts her hands on Soo Kyung's chest :laugh: I knew it was going to happen (coz I saw the video cover of the cut on iQiyi) and I still find it funny. Jae Jin is sooo sweet, gosh. How can all his ex dump him when he does everything for them? Or is it because he lets them have everything that they feel pressured and or think he has no opinion of himself...? So are they together or not coz Jae Jin technically confess he likes Hye Sun...

The show is making Seon Woo being too pathetic now. I don't want to see him wallowing in his one sided love anymore. Dam has rejected him MANY TIMES now so when a guy can't take no for an answer and keeps pushing/disturbing the girl it's gives a negative effect rather than positive.

Interesting. So the criteria of becoming human is that they have to become humanised. I'm happy that next episode Woo Yeo is becoming human and we don't need to drag on with the red thread any longer. So maybe the last two episodes will focus on how Woo Yeo get around as real human. I'm expecting some more funny scenes.

P.S. Apparently the show has omitted the bed scene. It's supposed to happen between episode 11 and 12.

OMG HAHAHAHAHA, that was sooo random....i thought she was gonna just muster up the courage and put her hand on JaeJins chest...did not expect that to SooKyung HAHAHAHAHA :laugh:

Yeah it doesnt seem like they are officially together, still looks to be one sided. Hoping in the next 2 episodes things start to turn around for them.

SeonWoo saga is draggin on, needs to end imo. Its a bit umm lame to watch him still chase after her.

And of course we are up to the episode where things go bad between the main leads....also a sign that we are near the end of the drama series. LOL.

Still waiting for some uncovering of SooKyung and Seok.

HyeSun.... :wow::heart::wow:

• Like 4

This is a bit interesting progress with SW. As her heart skip a beat when SW hold LD's hand. I have to say since they all student, SW mingle around with Dam's friend better too. And since he also normal human, all felt more natural. The dream felt so sad, as it what could have been but might never will be. 

And since SW saw WY with other professor, I think it might give him more reason not to give up. And I'm laughing, at how the uncle give the ex playboy lesson 'not to hold girl too tight' lols. He said he never know if SW such a devoted type lols. 

1410497183871160322.gif

1410257489103179777.gif

Cto. 

Let me drowwwnnn on my sorrowww...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3