My Roommate is a Gumiho 간 떨어지는 동거 [2021]

11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Professor Park Bo Gum @Tofu

Lee Joon Hyuk happens to be the enunch that serves Bo Gum in Love in the Moonlight so I see the meta joke in that.

Hahahaha!! I just finished watching the actor in Hot Stove League so my perception of him is still bad. :laugh:

• Haha 1

I like episode 13. It has a good amount of angsty (from Woo Yeo and Jae Jin), comedy (from Hye Sun with Woo Yeo and Dam), a new pairing that looks good together too and revelation.

Hmm, let's see.

First that came into my mind and I guess my fave scene had to be Hye Sun and Woo Yeo's foxy cameraderie. I had a good crack up on Hye Sun trying to teach Woo Yeo about humanity. The "Dam above all else, including Hye Sun" had me :lmao2: The shock and resignation on Hye Sun was hilarious and also her comparison of Seon Woo and Woo Yeo - who will become the decent human was just as hilarious.

And of course another honourable mention is her giving her human energy to weak Woo Yeo and the awkwardness. :lmao2: Honestly... they care about each other but just won't admit it.

Jae Jin is the sweetest and thoughtful human guy. I love the writer's character set-up of Jae Jin and Hye Sun and how they make such a cute and matching pairing. It will work out because Hye Sun isn't an ordinary human girl. Likewise, I like Dam's persistence and she, as well, is no ordinary human girl. Hyeri is seriously nailing Dam and I think being good friends with Jang Ki Yong also really helps sell their chemistry on screen.

Woo Yeo's "I'm sorry for liking you" seriously made a lot of viewers ache for him (I was checking Twitter last night, LOL). I can see/feel/understand why and the ache adds on when Hye Sun pointed out to Dam that Woo Yeo is a fox of great deception and he didn't use it to his advantage towards Dam means a lot... he's struggling and needs help but this old fox is too prideful and stubborn. Looking forward to tonight's episode... the preview sure teases all of us.

@abs-oluteM this episode also has Go Kyung Pyo. I really love that R88 made these kids into good friends in real life too. You really really have to check out R88.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2

Episode 14 is another great episode because things are going well for both WooDam and JaeHye couples. The red thread finally disappear between Dam and Seon Woo, freeing both Dam and Seon Woo from this unnecessary heartbreaker—heartbreakee relationship. I wish Seon Woo well and happy. With the tears, I think he too has become a decent human according to Hye Sun's description LOL. 

This show has a good balance. Not too much angsty. No noble idoicy. The misunderstanding is quick to resolve and the breakup or whatnot doesn't drag out over 1 or more episodes. I do miss the graphics and wish they'd return coz it's so refreshing and funny to have them added. I love WooDam's loveline as much as JaeHye's. It's not very often that a drama can give the main and second leads a good balance lovelines. A thumbup for Gumiho.

I was puzzled with the metaphor use of "taking of jacket when the wind is too strong or when the sun shines warmly" but the below tweet and episode 14 clarified it. Mountain Spirit Go Kyung Pyo has put a lot of effort to set all this up and watched it all play out. I like that the reason of becoming human isn't on absorbing human energy but learning about life of what a human is really all about. I honestly didn't think it'd be hard because fox is an animal, and who is it to say animals have no feelings like humans? To be honest, I'd say Woo Yeo closing his heart is also an act of humanity too. Humans can react this way too when the hurt is too much and in fear being hurt again.

I'm loving all the micro expression Jang Ki Yong is giving me as Woo Yeo. Apart from the usual smile, there's him sulking, getting frustrated, being childish (with Hye Sun - so cute) and withholding his jealousy

I also absolutely love the scene where Woo Yeo corrected Hye Sun for misspelling "Pox" as "Fox". I remember joking with @SilverMoonTea that she misspelled it in earlier episode, and little did I know it will tie back to it in this one. Hye Sun/Han Na was so cute with the way she said her line in a cutesy aegyo way, "You are a fox~~" (that's why I put you down as "F/Pox". I'm surprised Han Na does cutesy really well because her previous roles are no where near Hye Sun's character.

The kiss scene/s are good, and damn they had to tease me by leaving it as a cliffhanger! Ki Yong's kiss scenes were lacking in his previous drama, esp. WWW but here it had been :wow:. I'm sad soon this will finish and there's uncertainty to his next drama ... (not very interested in the cast/story).

@abs-oluteM Are you seriously not gonna pick this up? I think X deserves another chance. :mine:Edit: LOL, I just realised upon re-reading this page I already asked you the same question just 2 days ago. My goldfish memory...

Also @JenL Recommending this cute and funny drama when you have the time to binge/watch.

Oh Yaaaaa @SilverMoonTea I know you're slacking off with this drama because of Bae In Hyuk and SSH!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
On 7/10/2021 at 9:21 PM, mademoiselle said:

@TRaNz

Probably gonna get slapped for quoting the gif, but I love her body language and the way its spoken.... :heart::wow:

Edited by SilverMoonTea
Dont quote gif lols
  • Haha 2

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

Going to assume, the end of Ep14 was supposed to be really spicy but they edited so it was ummmm "family friendly" ? LOL

I love HyeSun too much, :heart:

• Haha 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

The kiss in front of the house wasn't as wow as I expected. Instead it was Oh Jung Se's cameo that stood out - I ♥ it! Even if it was just a short scene but I absolutely loved his "maknae-ah" "maknae-ahhhh" tone.

The cutest bit of this scene for this couple is these:

b604a65777dfa9651e0994b9a295661617c7fe02

a2b98656d0f528ef810affe71459d31922ac4ce0ab5a793e1ea01992be12c1a13e7c4048f765d95d

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I have a big problem now. I already ship them and I am only on ep. 2. And I am finally watching it. I was finally in the mood for it and I am not regretting it. The first two eps are really funny. I just love the misdirections :D

Spoiler

Hmm so maybe she needs to fall in love with him and that's the only way to get the bead back?

And I really want to eat some fried chicken now. I am not drinking alcohol but fried chicken and a beer sounds good to me.

The toilet scene was unexpected and I already feel bad for the second lead but I am team Gumiho. This drama is based on a webtoon so I think there is something else that I need to do :D

yeah she is the sweetest thing Hyeri. :heart:

Last ep, standard shedding some tears for me....but overall happy endings all round so I was pleased.

Not much to say, I mean it was alright.

On 7/15/2021 at 8:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

Oh Jung Se's cameo that stood out

Oh that was a delight, I saw him walking towards his house and was like...omg i know himmm AHHAHAHAHA

• Haha 2