Forecasting Love & Weather 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편 [2022]

Ep 10

Seems SW have started to forming positive view on marriage from people around him. But HK in other hand have more negative feedback on married life instead. I guess they will have a switch now 😆 He might begging her to get married instead next time. 

This drama have the best cohabitation setup ever, it was so ROFL everytime everyone crowd in HK apartment. It's so funny how her mom eyeing Shin for HK instead of TK. And our crocodile city couple finally showed up more chemistry and next is penguin. They're so cute ! 

Actually YJ turn out to be not so bad. YJ and KJ might be able to work it with their difference. And forecaster Uhm I'm actually not too sure about his marriage. The wife seems quite stubborn, probably they will go for normal happy ending route but I hope the drama will surprise me. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea The cheating couple still confuse me. Hahahahaha. I supposed it's because the show painted them to be the cheaters from the beginning but then I feel sorry too that their relationship is not working. I'm torn between whether I should be happy because they are being punished for cheating and hurting Ha Kyung and Si Woo but there's also that part of me wanting them to "work it out" because they now kind of embodied a couple who hit a wall in their marriage. Yeah Yu Jin didn't seem so bad now. Hahahahaha. Sigh. I don't know anymore. Still not that likable though coz I would still like to see that she feels some remorse over snatching someone's man...?

Same for Sunbae Eom and his family. His daughter is making an effort to know her father which was nice to see but I feel sad that she is torn between her mum and dad. I did love how happy Sunbae Eom was that the daughter visited and they seem to be bonding. The wife is confusing as hell because we're not privy of her thoughts so we don't know what she wants in her marriage or life in general.

It's understandable that as parents, they want their kids to find a partner because they worry once they are no longer around their children at least have someone beside them. However, I'm on Ha Kyung's side and Omma is being too pushy for my liking. Ha Kyung is only 30 and just got promoted so it's important for her to secure this position and show she is right for the job.

It's not the first time we see shows depicting married women losing their identities after becoming someone's wife or mother. Like Ha Kyung said, she naturally thought marriage was the end of a relationship because it's how we were all taught about the way of life but maybe it doesn't have to be that way anymore. The world is changing. Back then life was simpler and cheap. Nowadays everything are expensive to afford and a household needs double income rather than one. With the pandemic and wars etc going on, living expenses are sky-rocketting. We don't even know if we have enough pension to support ourselves let alone support our children! And life is still harder on the women and like Sunbae Oh, so much responsibilities and pressure rest on her shoulder she's always exhausted looking all the time. Is this really a life she had wanted for herself? Granted maybe because Sunbae Oh's children are still young, all the hardships will become better when they're older and she'll have more time for herself but then does she have the health to enjoy it...?

This show is different from other romance dramas because most give us an OTP and show us how they started their relationship and always ended it when they get together/married. This show gives us a more realistic take on what happens after the "happily-ever-after" trope.

I don't know how Si Woo and Ha Kyung will work out their relationship but since I am rooting for them to succeed so I hope writer can give me a satisfying ending without them having to compromising too much of their true self.

It's funny how Omma eyed on Shin Seok Ho for Ha Kyung upon hearing he owns an apartment (Ha Kyung owns one too, Omma!) and is financially secure. LOL. Ah well, not for Ha Kyung but definitely is one of the future son-in-laws. Love to see more of his relationship developing with Tae Kyung. Hehehe. These two potentially will also face some hardship mainly because Seok Ho is the only son and if his family is the traditional uptight kind then Tae Kyung being a divorcee will have some challenge to face.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

These two potentially will also face some hardship mainly because Seok Ho is the only son and if his family is the traditional uptight kind then Tae Kyung being a divorcee will have some challenge to face.

I always thought his cleanliness will be the major main obstacle for this couple. But then he's beaming because she mentioned penguin 🐧 😆, so I think they will be able to overcome everything. 

With SW being sent to Jeju, I wonder how the cohabitation will work now. As only left Uhm and HK at home 😅, I guess Uhm also will go back to his home soon now that it seems his daughter fainted on next episode. 

Actually the cheating couple somehow still become HK & SW main source of support? They asked them about how married life is and in return they give kind of honest feedback. I guess everyone actually sort of already moving on, since all of them can have such sincere conversation. 

I'm pretty happy with this series, as much as the idea was pretty much mainstream at beginning, it progressing well and give the viewers more topics to ponder on, be it about work or marriage. While it's still not losing the steam of being romcom and entertaining. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

11 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I always thought his cleanliness will be the major main obstacle for this couple. But then he's beaming because she mentioned penguin 🐧 😆, so I think they will be able to overcome everything.

Bwahahaha that was kinda funny cute yet I don't know why. :lmao2: His OCD maybe an issue or maybe not. I mean, at least I know someone will always be doing the cleaning rather than me :lmao2:

12 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actually the cheating couple somehow still become HK & SW main source of support? They asked them about how married life is and in return they give kind of honest feedback. I guess everyone actually sort of already moving on, since all of them can have such sincere conversation. 

The cheating couple has always been a source/motivation/reason for Si Woo and Ha Kyung not to repeat their mistakes. I was kind of surprise Ki Joon was being honest about his marriage to Ha Kyung because I thought he'd try to lie and boost since he wouldn't want her to know that he's not particularly happy in his marriage.

14 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

it progressing well and give the viewers more topics to ponder on

Yeah. The drama gives us food for thought. It doesn't necessarily give us an answer but there are fairly relatable topics.

Not just the daughter fainting (although I think it's just stressed coz of her parents) but what is with Si Woo? Although I don't think he'll be blind but still worrisome that he has cottom wools covering BOTH his eyes.

Long distance relationship is another challenge for OTP to overcome. They made it look like it's such a big issue but it's just 1-2 months; time flies lah please. Hahahahahahaha~ not like it's 1-2 years! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Actually YJ turn out to be not so bad. YJ and KJ might be able to work it with their difference. And forecaster Uhm I'm actually not too sure about his marriage. The wife seems quite stubborn, probably they will go for normal happy ending route but I hope the drama will surprise me. 

I wasn't such a fan of the wifey at first but I was actually more annoyed with Ki Joon in the last couple of episodes because he has such a habit of jumping to conclusions. YJ isn't so bad in recent scenes - she is trying to make her marriage work though I feel she and KJ both owe their respective exes a proper apology. And I think this time apart for them is needed - they married in a hurry and were dating in a very forbidden way before that. Think they don't actually know each other that well. 

Uhm's wife is  quite frustrating but I think this is a result of her building up these walls over the years. I am not sure why she never voiced out to him  that she wasn't happy that he's always away. She let it fester, became bitter, and now she still doesn't tell him how she feels etc. The man is clueless of course,  but non-communication is making this worse.

This episode is also very good. It highlights issues beyond the initial heart fluttery moments of a relationship. We see so many views of marriage here. HK's mum sees it as imperative because she wants HK to be taken care of. The colleague who made the error, see marriage and kids as a burden especially now that she is needing to juggle work and home alone. HK felt it was natural for marriage to be the end game for a relationship but SW sees it as the end of love. I cannot say if anyone's views is right or wrong as clearly what we feel about the subject ( particularly marriage) would be influenced by one's values and experiences.

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Long distance relationship is another challenge for OTP to overcome. They made it look like it's such a big issue but it's just 1-2 months; time flies lah please. Hahahahahahaha~ not like it's 1-2 years! 🙄

hahaah...I was also amused that it seemed like such a big deal but work is work as far as I am concerned, so SW shouldn't take this so personally. But I am guessing the assignment came at a sensitive time when he and HK have encountered a major conflict of values or rather expectations, hence he's feeling insecure about being asked to go.  

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

BTS

21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

they married in a hurry and were dating in a very forbidden way before that. Think they don't actually know each other that well.

The excitement of forbidden love (ahem, why does this reminds me of @SilverMoonTea xD) has worn off for them. Reality is sinking in. Haha.

Uhm's wife is  quite frustrating but I think this is a result of her building up these walls over the years. I am not sure why she never voiced out to him  that she wasn't happy that he's always away. She let it fester, became bitter, and now she still doesn't tell him how she feels etc. The man is clueless of course,  but non-communication is making this worse.

Yes agree. I think she too doesn't know how to communicate. I'm thinking she's torn between trying to be a good, understanding wife (that hubby is working/the breadwinner so he can't be around) and being a woman who needs her man by her side and support her when she needs him emotionally. So perhaps it will be a blessing in disguise that their daughter passes out and it'll force them to confront their problems.

I was also amused that it seemed like such a big deal but work is work as far as I am concerned, so SW shouldn't take this so personally. But I am guessing the assignment came at a sensitive time when he and HK have encountered a major conflict of values or rather expectations, hence he's feeling insecure about being asked to go.  

I reckon Si Woo is feeling insecure about the relationship. Even though he isn't into marriage, he's sure that he is committed to the person. However, he lost Yu Jin because he wasn't willing to commit to marriage and Ki Joon's words about Ha Kyung wouldn't give her heart out if the endgame isn't for marriage likely manifested and added more insecurity. Therefore being apart, no matter the length, worries him and increase the fear that he might lose Ha Kyung even more. Plus she seems so adamant and decided when she told him to go.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Episode 11

I find this a well-balanced episode, touching a little on every character's story.

Si Woo learns something new from meeting with Ha Kyung's Omma and Ha Kyung realises she's being held back by her bad experience after talking to Ki Joon. LOL at Si Woo adamantly telling Omma Shin Seok Ho is NOT right for Ha Kyung and I think Omma has caught on a little. Ki Joon and Ha Kyung are funny too as they seem to be in this weird place where they are not friends but are confiding in one another and openly discussing about their current relationship. At least Ki Joon is, and he's so comfortable with it, which should have been taken as an inconsiderate action given the circumstances.

What do we do with Sunbae Um...? I feel so bad for him, yet this time I'm so sure I could forgive him for forgetting his daughter's life threatening allergies. Even if he thinks she's recovered, he should at least ask her. Granted the daughter, too, is equally responsible since she is old enough to make that decision. That said, I'm wondering if she ingested it on purpose - you know - how kids deliberately injure themselves for attention or think this would bring their parents back together.

Tae Kyung and Shin Seok Ho are developing well in this episode with their penguin discussion. From the looks of it, getting praises and admiring looks from Tae Kyung boosted Seok Ho's pride and makes him happy. I just hope this doesn't one day become something too annoying for Tae Kyung because there is such relationship where the guy's ego got so big that his knowledge became an issue in the relationship. Then again I don't think this relationship will go there (show got no time for this).

I cheer for Sunbae Oh in this epsiode for putting her foot down and insisted of having a break from family duty. So what if he had to skip a day of studying and take care of the kids. Her husband had really better be studying hard every single day!

It really is an office romance cruelty (original title) because Ha Kyung has to juggle between being a boss and a girlfriend. With Si Woo being hurt, the ending of the episode showed her crying worrying about Si Woo. At that point her condition was unfit to lead the team who's now have to prep for the incoming typhoon. We see Sunbae Um taking the lead here.

Next episode we see her flying to Jeju visiting Si Woo when she is also require at the office. Hopefully she can lead the team from Jeju too. Coincidentally in 2521, Hee Do's mother was constantly facing this problem as well, and each time she chooses to be professional in her career, she hurts her friend (the coach) and Hee Do (family). It led me to wonder if there really is no way one can find a balance between life vs work. For Hee Do's mother, the era she was in was definitely tougher on her, as a woman and a single mother. However, is it any easier now in Korea even though we have seen a change?

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

New stills

FORGBNvacAEdglC?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like Si Woo will be OK~♥

FOQ9n2oacAQxfic?format=jpg&name=medium

Pre-release cut - E12

40 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Young people nowadays treat marriage as signing insurance. It's focusing on the benefit term and condition.

Although I agree about what she said but I also think she's contradicting herself because upon hearing Shin Seok Ho owns an apartment, has stable job and of a suitable age, she immediately wants to match Ha Kyung with him.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
11 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What do we do with Sunbae Um...? I feel so bad for him, yet this time I'm so sure I could forgive him for forgetting his daughter's life threatening allergies. Even if he thinks she's recovered, he should at least ask her. Granted the daughter, too, is equally responsible since she is old enough to make that decision. That said, I'm wondering if she ingested it on purpose - you know - how kids deliberately injure themselves for attention or think this would bring their parents back together.

Uhm and his wife's marriage is dead a long time ago. Actually I cannot stand the wife blaming him for being a bad father - it is not like he was not providing for them. He got posted for work , and I know very likely she & the daughter stayed on because there are better schools in the city. Many families do this because they sacrifice for their children's education.

Spoiler

In fact many of my SK students come here to Msia with their mums and live for more than a decade away from their fathers who remain back in SK so that they can study in international schools. 

His daughter is old enough to tell her father that she can't eat that though. 

I like what Si Woo told HK. For someone who maybe younger than her, I feel he's very matured. Emotionally more stable than the other 3 leads. I appreciate that he is clear about how he feels, honest to himself and to his partner, and has a good head on his shoulders. Perhaps having a father like the one he has, pushed him to grow up quickly.

@SilverMoonTea the conversation he had with HK's omma was an eye opener for him too. This is probably what I love about this show - the characters see growth because they get to see another person's perspective. 

By the way really like the sister, Tae Kyung and Seok Ho's relationship. Very cute development - omma will be surprised !

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Okay, I'm caught up to episode 11 now.

I appreciate that this drama is giving us more nuances to the secondary couple than just being cheaters who left their ex's to be with each other. I have to say I'm fine with the fact that they are having troubles in their relationships, and not as a payback for their cheating, but because they both seemed to have jumped into their relationship as a reaction to the relationships they were in at the time without thinking through their actual relationship together.

So, KJ felt inferior to HK, and felt that he was not the most important thing in HK's life. It's a bit of a childish attitude, but an inferiority complex and insecurity can do that to someone. YJ being younger, dumber, more immature, and less driven probably gave him more attention and made him feel more of a "man". KJ conveniently forgot how much support HK gave him both personally and professionally because he was caught up in being the "oppa" to YJ. Anyway, after marrying YJ, KJ all of a sudden had a wife who needed his support and attention, but could give very little to him in return.

YJ was in a similar situation in her relationship with SW. He didn't want to marry her, but he was constantly doing things for her, supporting her, and protecting her. As HK had written some of KJ's analyses and press releases for him, so had SW written some of YJ's articles. Plus, he shopped, cooked and cleaned for her, even if their place was tiny, so that she basically lived like a princess, except for that getting married thing. KJ was an older man, more established in his career, and seemingly more affluent. The fact that he was engaged to HK and therefor was one half of a power couple at the KMA probably made him even more attractive to YJ as a mate. After marrying him, however, she finally started to see his "flaws" in that he was not as financially secure as she believed, he was not in as powerful a position as she had believed, and he was not ready to accept everything about her as is, but wanted her to do things that he felt a wife and partner should do.

So, they both have to grow up, and figure out what they want from each other and from life. That is a painful process for most people. Plus, they did have to face the consequences of their actions. KJ had to face some public humiliation in terms of the dressing down that HK did to him, but also in realization that things are a lot harder without someone as smart and hard working as HK by his side. YJ has not had to face the same type of consequences, but she also longs to be taken care of and cherished the way SW had been with her. So, she doesn't want to register her marriage to KJ as yet, because before it's registered, they're really just living together. Once it's registered, if they then separate, then she becomes a divorcee with a lot of stigma still attached to that.

As for the OTP, it is interesting to see how they are evolving in their relationship. It actually feels as if they had been stagnating in their ex-relationships. After going through the pain of being cheated on and dumped, though, they are trying to re-calibrate for each other now and examining their actions and life philosophies even.

In the pairing, HK is again the alpha as she had been with KJ, except this time she is even more so, given that she is older than SW as well as being his boss, so they are crossing even more potentially taboo lines. However, she's actively examining her feelings and actions with respect to SW, trying to adapt as she continues to choose to be with SW.

SW has a lot of insecurities anyway, given his father and how he grew up, but even more so with HK who is an established, driven, successful person with ambitions. He loves her, but he feels that he doesn't have that much to offer her, and HK doesn't need to be taken care of or have him do her work for her as YJ had. So he seems to over-react to HK's words and actions, like being picked to go to Jeju Island for the typhoon season. SW was picked from the team members because he was the right person to go, meaning with his knowledge, skills, as well as circumstances (e.g. not having a partner and kids to take care of), however, it's clear that SW saw it as a personal action with HK deciding that they needed some space from each other. He needs to deal with this as well as with his father before he can truly be comfortable being HK's partner.

It's a bit of a shame that HK has so much chemistry with KJ rather than SW, but I'm still rooting for the OTP to make it as a couple. Given that marriage is not the end game, I wonder if openly dating at work is? I hope not. I'm actually uncomfortable with the idea of an office romance anyway, but given that HK is SW's superior, it's even more uncomfortable. For me, it would be better if HK or SW got transferred to another department so that they are not direct supervisor-subordinate any more, and then they can be open about their relationship, if they want.

Sorry about the long post. I've kind of been keeping up mostly, but too busy to actually sit down and write much of anything.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Darn it! I caught up right in time for the most angst! @abs-oluteM, I was fooled by your post that said that they were back together! That was just a flashback. Ugh.

I'm strangely not as moved by their separation, though it looks as if the preview confirms that HK and SW are separating, at least for another episode. Ugh. They are surely not going to stay broken up, are they? But, SW's father. Blech!

I was really rooting for the penguin couple, but it looks as if in the preview for ep 13, he's going to tell her that he can't do it. I wonder what the issue is. They were so cute together.

As for Bomi's parents, I kind of understand the divorce request now. Forecaster Um was silly to have moved out of his home because he was uncomfortable, and thought his wife and daughter were uncomfortable. They haven't lived together in forever, of course, there may be some discomfort, but he should have stuck it out. Then for Um's wife to see him walking into HK's place so cozily rather than trying to make it better at home. I hope they are able to work things out, but I'm not sure if the wife isn't right that they should get divorced. Still, I hope for Bomi's sake that they try to make a real go of it. Forecaster Um has some making up to do.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Episode 12

*Cries*

I thought they made up! 😢 I was also fooled by the photo of Ha Kyung sleeping on Si Woo's shoulder.

The actor playing Si Woo's father is so good at it that I was really annoyed with him. He was also a very annoying character in Tracer.

I can see both sides of Sunbae Um and wife's perspectives about living together again. All of them were literally uncomfortable and awkward. I think the bit that make things worst and the misunderstanding grew were because the wife's tone towards her husband was filled with disapproval, dislike and/or resentment towards everything he does in the house. So it made him thinks he's unwelcomed. In her defense, she probably didn't know how to react as well because and is deeply affected by her suppressed unhappiness and each time it just came out wrong. She didn't act as a bridge between Bomi and her husband either when Bomi didn't know how to act/react with her dad being home. I do think that her reactions sometimes showed she didn't like Bomi getting too close to Sunbae Um... as if she fears she'd lose her daughter to him, and that's not acceptable since she was the one who sacrifice all these years to raise her. That's the impression I got.

I don't have much to comment about Ki Joon and Yu Jin, or Si Woo and Ha Kyung. I'll just sit back and watch them work things out in the next two weeks.

Tae Kyung and Shin Seok Ho are going well and even though the preview seems to suggest otherwise but preview is always misleading. I'm thinking maybe he was going at it in a reversal sense of asking her be his girlfriend and if she says no then he won't be able to continue to see her like this. Haha.

• Clapping Hands 1

Urgggh @stroppyse @mademoiselle I was fooled too ...thought they could turn things around. But SiWoo's father's presence reminded him about why things may be difficult going forward. SW's father is forever going to bug SW , and SW knows that he can't give HK what she wants deep down ( marriage) ...so I think the break-up is inevitable. 

This narration by HK made me sad...:cry:

Lee Si Woo, a hot typhoon met me the cold air, and then he eventually bid me farewell.

Though the episodes were pretty angsty , this show is very well written. I appreciate the conversations that all the characters have - its realistic and the problems they face are relatable. Even though this is an office drama with romance, it keeps you engage. 

• Like 2

This narration by HK made me sad..

I know. I'm hoping that they figure out some way of being together. I can see that they could grow to be a super loving, supportive couple, both of them willing to grow in understanding of each other.

It feels as if they are splitting up because of their respective insecurities, but perhaps it's another hurdle that they have to cross.

I just wish SW could cut his father out of his life, at least until his father is on his death bed or something. SW's father is actually the only insurmountable obstacle I see for SW to be able to find the love, support, and stability that he so wants and needs.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1