Forecasting Love & Weather 기상청 사람들: 사내연애 잔혹사 편 [2022]

Episode 7

As expected, Si Woo rejected Ha Kyung's invitation to live together. I like that he is being honest with Ha Kyung about what he feels and thinks on this matter. Living together to see if two persons are compatible is definitely a good idea, because if one can't stand the other's living habit, then it's better to find out before marriage than after. Han Ki Joon and Yu Jin are one good example. But then from Si Woo's point of view, he did live with Yu Jin and that still didn't work out. Although the issue here maybe more of Yu Jin being spoilt and not wanting to compromise. Her cold feet is not entirely unrelatable but it also makes her seem shallow because she wants a man who is already financially stable and have established everything material-wise, so she doesn't have to contribute and can live comfortably. She's not looking to work hard and build their future together.

Whereas on the contrary, Ha Kyung is the type that is willing to work hard and build a future together with her partner. I like that she is being careful with this new relationship and wanting to make it work by not repeating the same mistakes. Same for Si Woo. These two are trying to make their relationship work and find a balance as well. I really like the "topic" of this episode i.e., finding the suitable distance between two persons.

I can see Ki Joon too made an effort trying to make his marriage works. Kudos to him for trying. Just when I thought he's getting better, he becomes a pathetic thick-faced jerk to Ha Kyung. Gotta give it to Yoon Park, he really did the aegyo annoyingly well! The nerve he's got to beg Ha Kyung for help again!

I am loving the co-habitation arrangement. HAHAHA. I mean I totally did not expect Sunbae Eum to also be staying with Ha Kyung. Hehehe. Maybe this would be the catalyst in saving his marriage since no woman would like her man staying with another beautiful woman!

Episode 8's pre-release scene

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Episode 7

I am loving the co-habitation arrangement. HAHAHA. I mean I totally did not expect Sunbae Eum to also be staying with Ha Kyung. Hehehe. Maybe this would be the catalyst in saving his marriage since no woman would like her man staying with another beautiful woman!

It was very funny that she picked up both men, and that ending when everyone in Ha Kyung's house is just so chaotic. I like ep 7 so much it's so fun. 

And that crocodile city book is just so funny, I wonder how the mysophobia guy going to end with Tae Kyung. His cleanliness seems quite severe, and she seems like the don't care type. 

I hope it will get translated soon at night, I want to watch it today before Monday need to go work again, help 🥲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

It was very funny that she picked up both men, and that ending when everyone in Ha Kyung's house is just so chaotic. I like ep 7 so much it's so fun. 

Hahahaha yeah it's interesting. Suddenly she's surrounded by men, even though only one is truly involved with her :lmao2: but it was worth it having Ki Joon misunderstand and be in Ha Kyung's shoes when she saw him in bed with Yu Jin.

And that crocodile city book is just so funny, I wonder how the mysophobia guy going to end with Tae Kyung. His cleanliness seems quite severe, and she seems like the don't care type.

Hahaha IKR but I think she'll fix him up and they'll meet in the middle. LOL.

I hope it will get translated soon at night, I want to watch it today before Monday need to go work again

I don't want to go to work. :cry:

• Haha 2

Song Kang And Yoon Bak Butt Heads Once Again In “Forecasting Love And Weather”

Song-Kang-Park-Min-Young-Yoon-Bak-Yura-2

JTBC’s “Forecasting Love and Weather” has shared new stills ahead of tonight’s episode!

“Forecasting Love and Weather” is a romance drama about the work and love lives of people who work at the Korea Meteorological Administration, Korea’s national weather forecast service. Park Min Young stars as the frosty Jin Ha Kyung, who does everything by the book and is fastidious about keeping her personal and professional lives separate, while Song Kang stars as the free-spirited and determined Lee Si Woo, who boasts an impressive IQ of 150 but only cares about the weather.

Spoilers

The new stills preview a conflict in the briefing room between Lee Si Woo and Han Ki Joon (Yoon Bak). The pair had previously faced off after Han Ki Joon found out that Lee Si Woo was the ex-boyfriend of his wife Chae Yoo Jin (Girl’s Day’s Yura).

What starts as a verbal encounter soon turns physical when Han Ki Joon grabs Lee Si Woo’s shirt collar. The fiery look in Lee Si Woo’s eyes hints that he won’t back down from yet another confrontation despite the shocked reactions of Jin Ha Kyung and Chae Yoo Jin.

A hint to why the pair are fighting again can be found in the pre-released clip for the episode. Lee Si Woo, irritated that Han Ki Joon went to Jin Ha Kyung’s place the previous night, angrily says, “Do you still have unfinished business with Han Ki Joon?” Meanwhile, Han Ki Joon complains to Jin Ha Kyung about Chae Yoo Jin having lived with Lee Si Woo in the past. The frustrations of the two men soon escalate when Han Ki Joon exclaims, “This is all because of you!” and flings his fist at Lee Si Woo.

The drama’s producers commented, “Lee Si Woo and Han Ki Joon will grow so on-edge around each other that they eventually can’t hold back. Tune in to today’s episode to find out how the knots between Jin Ha Kyung, Lee Si Woo, Han Ki Joon, and Chae Yoo Jin unravel.”

OST 3 by Kyu Hyun

• Like 1
13 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Whereas on the contrary, Ha Kyung is the type that is willing to work hard and build a future together with her partner. I like that she is being careful with this new relationship and wanting to make it work by not repeating the same mistakes. Same for Si Woo. These two are trying to make their relationship work and find a balance as well. I really like the "topic" of this episode i.e., finding the suitable distance between two persons.

I think this is what I like about this show because unlike other dramas where the plot is primarily about the chase , here we get to see how the relationship grows.  What I appreciate about this pairing is that each time they encounter a road block , they are somehow able to  talk it out. I credit a lot of it to Ha Kyung who has a way with people. I like that she is firm but not condescending. This is really how you work hard at a relationship. And to Si woo's credit , he's also honest and straightforward. 

I pity Si Woo - what a father he has. If not for the father constantly bugging him for money, It wouldn't be so hard to save for a rental deposit for a decent place. Urghhh.

8 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

t was very funny that she picked up both men, and that ending when everyone in Ha Kyung's house is just so chaotic. I like ep 7 so much it's so fun. 

I laughed so hard here....it was such a great scene cause all the men from the Met Office suddenly congregated at her place out of nowhere. LOL! 

Eps 8 is gonna be a hoot....I think I won't mind working here ...live drama every day :laugh:

BTW, I continue to feel very bad for Senior Forecaster Lee. But if he wants to patch things up with his family, he needs to not stay away like that. For one he needs to initiate getting them to have meals together at least once a week. Talk things out. Just do something rather than distant himself further. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ep 8

Not sure how accurate weather forecast in Korea, but it seems if this show somewhat close to real life, people really do complaint when it's not correct? So far, forecast in my country is pretty accurate, so I never know if people really do make a complaint. 

* It's interesting that KJ asked HK to kick out Uhm from her house first, before SW who's actually more dangerous lols 

* That crocodile feet dilemma really make me laugh 🤣

* Yoon Park is actually quite handsome, I like how they style him in this drama. @JenLreally don't want to see him ah? 😂

* Everyone fashion theme today is with green colour. 

* @abs-oluteMthose weather reporter can change job to become juicy gossip reporter instead 😆

* SW is so lucky to meet someone like HK. She's so mature and can pacify him. 

I really enjoyed this week episode ! So sad it went really quick 😭 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Not sure how accurate weather forecast in Korea, but it seems if this show somewhat close to real life, people really do complaint when it's not correct? So far, forecast in my country is pretty accurate, so I never know if people really do make a complaint. 

Hahaha in my city the weather can be pretty unpredictable. Most of the time they're right...but I have had some experiences where they forgot to give us an update on a major shower in the afternoon :lettalKWA: But I think we forgive the weather people because we know the weather in our city is pretty unpredictable :idk:

7 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

* Yoon Park is actually quite handsome, I like how they style him in this drama. @JenLreally don't want to see him ah? 😂

Hahahaha. He is a super handsome man who deserves to better treated better as first lead! :niu:

As much as I miss seeing Yoon Park and miss talking to you @SilverMoonTea (It's been awhile since we were watching the same drama!), I think I'm going to have to give this one a miss. Not drawn to this one and not sure why (Those movie posters might be to blame :laugh:). Hahaha, nah, been busy lately and I'm very much deep down the Twenty Five Twenty One slow-burn romance rabbit hole. Those two are so cute! :popcorn:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episode 8

FNONyCTagAIZ1Ye?format=jpg&name=large

I think the last scene between the OTP was cute. I really love how they talk it out calmly and understand each other. Ahhhh! If only in real life we would all be able to work things out like they do.

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think this is what I like about this show because unlike other dramas where the plot is primarily about the chase , here we get to see how the relationship grows.  What I appreciate about this pairing is that each time they encounter a road block , they are somehow able to  talk it out. I credit a lot of it to Ha Kyung who has a way with people. I like that she is firm but not condescending. This is really how you work hard at a relationship. And to Si woo's credit , he's also honest and straightforward. 

True. Most of the romance/rom-com we watch is always about two single people finding each other, get together in mid-episodes and face some conflicts, break up and reunite. Meanwhile this pairing gets together super quick so that the rest of the story focuses on how they get through the challenges and grow together.

Agree about Ha Kyung's tone towards people, especially when she tells Soo Jin that listening to the rants (poor Soo Jin though) is still part of their job. Park Min Young did it so well with her line & tone delivery there I actually thought if only everyone could communicate with one another like that, including myself.

I didn't expect Si Woo to lose his cool at Ha Kyung but then again I can see why he's so upset.

What in the world is Han Ki Joon doing following Ha Kyung and Si Woo? And why is he so self-centred thinking they date each other to get him or Yu Jin back? Like why does it matter, to him? He looks so obsessed in the upcoming episode that rather than making his own relationship works, he's making it worse. This guy focuses on the wrong point all the time. *facepalm*

Is Eum Sunbae's wife entertaining the idea of a divorce now? They need to communicate and find a way to compromise. It's so sad how a couple can become so distant from one another, like strangers, if initially they were supposed to love each other and proceeded to marriage. It does beg the question whether this can consider as there is still love for one another left, or all that is left is responsibility and loyalty? It's one thing if passionate love faded or changed to family type of love but it is another when it is neither.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

What in the world is Han Ki Joon doing following Ha Kyung and Si Woo? And why is he so self-centred thinking they date each other to get him or Yu Jin back? Like why does it matter, to him? He looks so obsessed in the upcoming episode that rather than making his own relationship works, he's making it worse. This guy focuses on the wrong point all the time. *facepalm*

He's jealousy is nothing to do with his wife anymore. He clearly hasn't gotten over Ha Kyung and he doesn't even realise it. What Ha Kyung does is really none of his business - but of course he thinks the world revolves around him. Ki Joon's character is quite pathetic but one thing is that Yoon Park plays him so well , and I confess he and Park Min Young have these sparks when they bicker. And that makes their scenes enjoyable to watch. But no, I don't root for them to reunite because I feel she and Si Woo's relationship is way better and healthier. 

This drama may not be as hyped as much compared to say 2521,  but I find myself more excited with every passing episode. It is actually not easy to do office romances without it becoming a snooze fest. The office setting ( or the industry they are in ) mustn't feel like it is merely a background for the romance. I have never been so intrigued by weather forecasting , and never fully appreciated its value till this show. Given the way climate change is causing chaos, their work here is even more critical . I also love the way the characters narrate and link their thoughts and feelings to the weather. 

If I have to pick a favorite character , it is Ha Kyung . I like that she is always opening channels of communication with Si Woo. She is professional when she needs to be but there are also moments where she's vulnerable and relatable. PMY's delivers here  & this could possibly be my favorite  character of hers. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

47 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

PMY's delivers here  & this could possibly be my favorite  character of hers. 

Yes among all the characters she played, I felt I can resonate the best with Ha Kyung. It's definitely help that the way she dressed is also very suitable for normal office lady, it's not over the top but still look nice. 

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Is Eum Sunbae's wife entertaining the idea of a divorce now? They need to communicate and find a way to compromise. It's so sad how a couple can become so distant from one another, like strangers, if initially they were supposed to love each other and proceeded to marriage. It does beg the question whether this can consider as there is still love for one another left, or all that is left is responsibility and loyalty? It's one thing if passionate love faded or changed to family type of love but it is another when it is neither.

I also wondering where this Eum storyline will go. If he going back to his wife then this follow a normal route of drama. It's a bit funny that sometimes I felt SW got a bit threatened by Eum and mildly get jealous from time to time. And actually Eum dressed better since he move to Seoul office. I remember when he's stationed in remote place, he looks so unkempt and untidy 😅 I actually like Eum character a lot, he's quite unusual and I appreciate him for being who he is 😂

47 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This drama may not be as hyped as much compared to say 2521,  but I find myself more excited with every passing episode.

I also liking this more and more, strangely I'm not really signing in for the OTP romance, but I like how everyone tangled while working together in the office? I'm also hoping for once, I can complete drama together with @mademoiselle:pandaangel: 

Btw where is @stroppyse? Miss you here. And @Alice Wonderlandtoo... 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 3/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw where is @stroppyse? Miss you here. And @Alice Wonderlandtoo... 

Right here, just log in back. Pretty busy these days and I'm quite not in the mood to share any thoughts, but I'm still watching this. 

I think Ki Joon is hitting rock bottom and I feel quite happy to see him in regrets. Finally, he realized that he threw away a diamond and picked up a rock. 

I'm not too fond of Um's wife and daughter. These two are just pushing him away off the cliff. They keep blaming him and doesn't give him a chance. And he left instead of face the problem head on makes the thing hard for the family to mend the crack that grows even bigger. 

Also, I really can't stand that whiny SJ. Can she do her job properly? It's really annoying that she keeps crying whenever she meets troubles. Why does she always needs her senior to cover her problems? So many unlikeable character here, huh? Well..

But of all those mess, I love that the main otp is getting to learn about each other more and that they communicate well in their relationship. Hopefully this will continue to be this way. And I root for HK's sister with SH. He enlightens her with some honest critics could be their the start of their fated love thread probably? Anyway, I just like him. He might look nonchalantly but he does knows much and have emphaty with people too. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

This episode is really watching Yoon Park doing all sorts of silly things. The writer has a knack of making him look so pathetic every single time (and funny), then give a small twist making one thinks maybe he isn't such a bad person. He is still 95% bad, putting aside of his talk with Si Woo even though it made a whole lot of sense, assuming he really does care and was sorry. However his actions at the moment are jeaopardising his own marriage. He threw away something he had for 10 years on spurr of a moment passion, he should really work harder to keep it before he lost everything/everyone. At least in this episode, we can see Yu Jin is making an effort to be a committing obedient daughter-in-law for Ki Joon's family.

The shocking revelation is obviously Si Woo's view of marriage. That's definitely going to not only clash with Ha Kyung, but literally the whole society's view. Now I'm interested to see how the writer intends to resolve this satisfyingly.

Honestly these characters' relationships have gotten so complicated that even I'm confused on behalf of them.

Yu Jin dumps Si Woo because Ki Joon was willing to marry her..? Just like that? She said Si Woo is an OK guy but Imma pretty sure there were more based on how she was so uninterested with everything Si Woo does in the ealier episodes.

Did Ki Joon loves Yu Jin, or it was just because he lost his passion for Ha Kyung...? This guy is such a ball of confusion.

Ha Kyung thinks marriage is naturally the final destination of love but Si Woo finds marriage oppressive.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Last night's episode was so good...It was funny but it was also eye opening, and there are many interesting things that is going to unravel itself. 

I really laughed my head off at Ki Jun's silliness but then I wonder now if he is still in love with Ha Kyung? His wife is right. He should be more focused on their marriage rather on what happens to HK and SW , which frankly speaking is none of his problem. And we also realise why the wife left SW and hopped on quickly to Ki Jun. She wanted marriage - something that SW was not willing to go through and something KJ had willingly offered.

So now this does spell trouble in paradise for HK & SW since the former does want to get married? How does a compromise work in such scenarios. From my observations of RL couples , it is a big stumbling block and often lead to separation.

Anyhow some other things that are going to see development 

1. Uhm's wife thinking he's cheating with HK - you know this is not a bad thing. If anything, this will make them trash things out. 

2. HK's mother seeing that she lives with two other men :laugh:

3. Potential romance btwn HK's sis and her colleague. ( I really should start memorising all their names) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2022 at 9:31 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Look at that busy body , Ki Joon. Shouldn't he spend more time fixing his own marriage problems first?

It was so funny, three is a crowd 🤣 

He's really doing all sort of nonsense stuff now, it's already clear they are dating haha... 

So SW also have his own problem and objecting to marriage institution. 

@mademoiselleis right KJ have a bit redeemed point by seems sincerely care about HK. I'm also confused actually who he really love between HK & YJ.

I will catch up ep 10 later... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1