The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

Trying to start a new trend on single hand carry. I think audiences are immune to princess carry now since most actors did really well n looks good when doing it. I think zhengyechen did the max number of princess carry n totally nail the look in sleepless princess. Here i think they are looking to set a new style. Lets see if it will got hot after this show. 

• Haha 3
14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

From all the cryptic questions posed and comments made by Xu Jin, it does seem that he's been having dreams of his own death. He's now in the position that Fu Rong had been, fearful of impending early death. He'd never been afraid previously but now he's met the love of his life, married her and now wants to have a family with her. But apparently he is labouring under the assumption that he is marked for a short-lived life. The question he seems to be asking is this... are there counter-measures against seemingly fated events?

I can’t help but think those questions started from the first episode. I HAVE ONLY SEEN HIM  DREAM IT ONCE but was interrupted by Screechy princess. I felt from the very first episode, he seems to suspect he dies young. Then she let it slip once he dies young but then corrects herself. Then he would bring it up again once he start to doubt what she said to him from the very first episode. In episode 23 or 24 , he mentions he does fear losing her and wanting to have a happy life. 
This character is different from LFU because this drama isn’t about Revenge but just regular life in that era as Prince. He is more relaxed, smiles more NQ smuch more approach able. 

Screechy Princess seems to be annoying but her love for him is true. Thanks to her , the Emperor finds out some secrets from her. She is spoiled rotten and doesn’t understand the meaning No. TBH , I pity her because she thinks she is smart but is being used by Princess Qingqing. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

I can’t help but think those questions started from the first episode. I HAVE ONLY SEEN HIM  DREAM IT ONCE but was interrupted by Screechy princess. I felt from the very first episode, he seems to suspect he dies young. Then she let it slip once he dies young but then corrects herself. Then he would bring it up again once he start to doubt what she said to him from the very first episode. In episode 23 or 24 , he mentions he does fear losing her and wanting to have a happy life. 
This character is different from LFU because this drama isn’t about Revenge but just regular life in that era as Prince. He is more relaxed, smiles more NQ smuch more approach able. 

Screechy Princess seems to be annoying but her love for him is true. Thanks to her , the Emperor finds out some secrets from her. She is spoiled rotten and doesn’t understand the meaning No. TBH , I pity her because she thinks she is smart but is being used by Princess Qingqing. 

Who is princess qingqing? Is quer?

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, gween97 said:

Who is princess qingqing? Is quer?

Yes it is  Zhu’er FR ex bestie @gween97 

@40somethingahjumma

Xu Ping is just isn’t as smart as he thinks. He tried so hard to be a badass. He thought he can be a better warrior but it turns out Duke Si was way better than him.

Liu RuYi’a death isn’t solved and I believe Duke Su is on it. The maid killed her master on purpose. Ah Nuan actually think she can rely on Prince Ahn. Her own master new he wasn’t trustworthy. She was letting her jealousy and greed cloud her judgement. I wonder if she will be the one to tell FR that Prince Ahn was there when her master died. giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29197d5315c943a4a0c8

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29197d5315c943a4a0c8

Duke Su is very possessive and he really wants FR to trust him. I wished he had looked her situation differently when she gave him the suicide note. Why??? Because she went to him first once she got the note. You are correct, Prince Su is very confident and that is why I love him. He knows his wife and trust her except for the people around her. Lol lol  I love seeing his jealousy side. It was so cute . 

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I think ah yuan has no bad intention towards FR safety n life. I don think she wants her hurt physically but if ahnwan want her to do anything she is blinded when it comes to him. I m Just glad so far all ahnwan plans just pushed them closer together. 

I personally think it will be a happy ending because of the tone of the show.. There is a light fluffy feeling to it. The aides like mr ge n even the chenwan aide can be funny n in fact with some comedy attached. Both XJ n FR characters do not hv past, emotional baggage or any life death health prob. All the villians are not that smart (chewan, xindu marquis will die next ep, FR ex fiance, ahnwan). So i think the lighter setting itself will drive towards a simple happy ending. Because they r just a Normal couple who met, fell in love m marry. Just that he is a outstanding Prince who is a strong contender to the throne. Hence more trouble awaits them. But it develops their relationship n love fir one another. 

Edited by SnT
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Maybe next week is the last sweet ep before boom for another week, just prepare your heart for the worst situation (divorce) 2 and this drama will end around 3 weeks

btw i want to share something but I don’t know how to posting a picture because i just found that for insert image from URL

Edited by gween97
  • Like 2
17 minutes ago, gween97 said:

Maybe next week is the last sweet ep before boom for another week, just prepare your heart for the worst situation (divorce) 2 and this drama will end around 3 weeks

btw i want to share something but I don’t know how to posting a picture because i just found that for insert image from URL

See if any of the FAQs I have written here can help you.  There are posts in the FAQ to teach you how to post images , put in links etc 

——-

Was JJY speaking Korean to ZZH here ? Sounded like she asked him if he was crazy ! 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

6 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Yes it is  Zhu’er FR ex bestie @gween97 

@40somethingahjumma

Xu Ping is just isn’t as smart as he thinks. He tried so hard to be a badass. He thought he can be a better warrior but it turns out Duke Si was way better than him.

Liu RuYi’a death isn’t solved and I believe Duke Su is on it. The maid killed her master on purpose. Ah Nuan actually think she can rely on Prince Ahn. Her own master new he wasn’t trustworthy. She was letting her jealousy and greed cloud her judgement. I wonder if she will be the one to tell FR that Prince Ahn was there when her master died. 

Xu Ping comes across to me as someone who's read the Idiot's Guide to the 36 Stratagems, picked a couple of favourites, applies them rather poorly. The moral foundations for his revenge plot are somewhat dubious to begin with and how he goes about exacting revenge is absolutely mind-boggling. He's an amateur. A dangerous one nonetheless. Even if he wasn't causing unnecessary collateral damage, his plots are ridiculous to say the least. Why would a man in his right mind send the woman he loves into the lion's den? He lacks credibility or even common sense. Perhaps he's so consumed by revenge that he can't think straight. It's clear that Fu Rong isn't his priority... that's why he can't get the girl. Like most men of his ilk, he wants a bet each way. But that was never going to be possible because of his checkered relationship with Liu Ruyi. 

I don't think Ah Yuan purposely killed Liu Ruyi. I'm sure it was just an accident as we saw. It's clear since the first episode that Ah Yuan's been crushing on Xu Ping as his alter ego, the mysterious literary critic Ju Shui. I think she was really trying to protect him as she says. If she doesn't end up as a casualty in all the machinations, she might even end up with Xu Ping. And that's a big "might".

I am also fairly optimistic that this show is moving towards a happy ending mainly because the leads are having conversations about children in a way they never did in the LoYX. Moreover, there's ample evidence from what we've seen that Fu Rong has managed to effect important changes to allow that to happen. Not everything has turned out the way that the premonitions prefigured. Xu Jin is now on the alert and I have confidence in his strategizing abilities. Everything tells me that this show is about family and marriage. That wasn't really the case in LoYX.

I have also been wondering about what Consort Duan, Prince Cheng (3rd Prince) and the Marquis of Xindu are really plotting. I don't think they're just accumulating wealth for its own sake. I seriously doubt that they're just greedy for money. They've been stealing army rations and now stealing military weapons. All this points to a possible coup d'etat. I don't know that it's just corruption among public officials as the emperor thinks. (Or maybe he has other ideas as well)

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjummai think here is their thoughts of having kids are projected to audiences strongly when they give their kid the idendity of Little Suwan. The image has a name attached in a way. Lets see if the drama has budget for another kid hahaha.. 

I think chenwan is ambitious but not clever. They r very corrupted n so far their motivstion is money..n of course they will not hesitate to stage coup if things turn out in a different way. N they hv money to do so. I believe previously the throne was within his reach as huaiwan is young n doesnt show high capability. Xj was the un favoured son who is far away at the border. All that has changed since his return. But the mood n theme of throne contention is not really strongly explored here, more theme if corruption n giid governance by current emperor. If it is, i m very worry XJ will be chosen because there is no one more capable in the show. But to more show will avoid the throne contention issue. If not XJ, XP is a good choice actually if he has a good relationship with his brother family like at the start. N if u all remember fr n him discussed before why he is jushui. He wants to help the people. Too bad he turned really dark. 

Do u guys find it funny why emperor is so concerned about XJ choosing consort. His brother the royal uncle is not married. I would be concerned w this one first. N from the look of it, chenwan is not married either, huaiwan maybe still young. I always wonder why he never bother with them haha.... Loose plot maybe. 

Regarding the predictions, yes.. Xj may hv predicted he die young, but the drama has bewn promoting FR sharing her luck w him n FR keep encouraging him about he will live long n n rich n prosperous even though she is yakking most of the time. Meeting FR is a pivotal point. Both will worked tgether to change their lives because their will to be with each other  becoming much more stronger as their relationship progresses.

I believe the next few episodes will show them getting more in love. Then the first few bombs will be one of them in dangers n they overcome it together thus making them stronger before the ahnwan finale. I mean counting from ep29 to 40, with coffin trapped, they fall off cliff, n he got attacked n dropped into waterfall plus final face off w ahnwan. Plus a divorce, fu household funeral n imprisonment of FR. Looks like a lot of material for 12 episodes. So i believe it will be a fast ride for us without the draggy angst of them misunderstanding each other that last 10 episodes will not happen here. My guess is 2 to 3 episodes. 

Edited by SnT
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
2 hours ago, SnT said:

@40somethingahjummai think here is their thoughts of having kids are projected to audiences strongly when they give their kid the idendity of Little Suwan. The image has a name attached in a way. Lets see if the drama has budget for another kid hahaha.. 

I think chenwan is ambitious but not clever. They r very corrupted n so far their motivstion is money..n of course they will not hesitate to stage coup if things turn out in a different way. N they hv money to do so. I believe previously the throne was within his reach as huaiwan is young n doesnt show high capability. Xj was the un favoured son who is far away at the border. All that has changed since his return. But the mood n theme of throne contention is not really strongly explored here, more theme if corruption n giid governance by current emperor. If it is, i m very worry XJ will be chosen because there is no one more capable in the show. But to more show will avoid the throne contention issue. If not XJ, XP is a good choice actually if he has a good relationship with his brother family like at the start. N if u all remember fr n him discussed before why he is jushui. He wants to help the people. Too bad he turned really dark. 

Do u guys find it funny why emperor is so concerned about XJ choosing consort. His brother the royal uncle is not married. I would be concerned w this one first. N from the look of it, chenwan is not married either, huaiwan maybe still young. I always wonder why he never bother with them haha.... Loose plot maybe. 

Regarding the predictions, yes.. Xj may hv predicted he die young, but the drama has bewn promoting FR sharing her luck w him n FR keep encouraging him about he will live long n n rich n prosperous even though she is yakking most of the time. Meeting FR is a pivotal point. Both will worked tgether to change their lives because their will to be with each other  becoming much more stronger as their relationship progresses.

I believe the next few episodes will show them getting more in love. Then the first few bombs will be one of them in dangers n they overcome it together thus making them stronger before the ahnwan finale. I mean counting from ep29 to 40, with coffin trapped, they fall off cliff, n he got attacked n dropped into waterfall plus final face off w ahnwan. Plus a divorce, fu household funeral n imprisonment of FR. Looks like a lot of material for 12 episodes. So i believe it will be a fast ride for us without the draggy angst of them misunderstanding each other that last 10 episodes will not happen here. My guess is 2 to 3 episodes. 

I just hope the divorce things is not come true and just a dream he had, i mean because XJ was already can see the future in his dream and will change it so it will not happen

i think the girl on wedding at the clif is zhuer? Because I don’t see cuiwan on that girl

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gween97 said:

I just hope the divorce things is not come true and just a dream he had, i mean because XJ was already can see the future in his dream and will change it so it will not happen

i think the girl on wedding at the clif is zhuer? Because I don’t see cuiwan on that girl

Never thought of that but there's possibility, since now Duke Cheng is seem interested in her. I guess now it's time for her plot to move. Princess screechy probably end after watching XJ&FR sweet kiss at episode 26 . 

New Still Cut from last week episode 

a5dc8ff74ea47866dd9c3d10ad5c2f92c7a28b21

0e4dd4de04118737b903cd97b41bb60b07becdb5

5e683cf8337bd06f7328503992163c1ddfe133f9

Edited by Beautifulthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
5 minutes ago, gween97 said:

Found this on weibo yesterday https://m.weibo.cn/status/4568714723209758 can’t wait for modern ep:wow:

Oooo how come there’s a modern episode? 

pls don’t let them have sad ending in the present life & reincarnated in the future to get happy ending. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oooo how come there’s a modern episode? 

pls don’t let them have sad ending in the present life & reincarnated in the future to get happy ending. 

That will be mega sucks. If the scriptwriter pulled such stunts, it will be Totallly BAD taste n waste of good work they have done so far. Not the right way to be creative. 

Trying to copy goodbye my princess? Would be stupid. Because goodbye my princess ia doomed to hv a sad ending. There ia no way, a person can live with a man who caused death n killed ur grangpa, mum etc. No matter how muxh u loved him. The crown prince waa abusing FL motionally n forced her to watch the sifu death. N how she is caught between two countries. Death is her only choice for her to continue love that man. Hence the reincarnation card is the onky way. 

Also in ruyi drama, the scriptwriter change everything to premonition.. If they suddenly ended with past lives new lives theme, it will so terribly crazy n unacceptable. In the General's Lady they played that card for a modern twist. They have a good ending in the drama with both leads retired to border with their son. But the drama put up they met in modern time when he was chasing her for her script as she was the scriptwriter for the show.

Hope it is something like that. Or another dream that they will still meet again again in various times no matter what. 

Edited by abs-oluteM
Removed quoted twitter image .
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, SnT said:

Hope it is something like that. Or another dream that they will still meet again again in various times no matter what. 

Edited by SnT (see edi

I read some Thai translations that maybe they show that in every lifetime they are destined to be together. Maybe if you can read in Chinese, @gween97’s shared the Weibo link above 

• Like 1

From my observation of sleepless princess, audiences are geberally not accepting to open ending. Sleepless princess garnered over 40 over close to 5O pages of discussion on soompi (so mainky International english speaking audiences) Showing the interests in the show. It had many ppl watching n it was the chemistry of the two leads that hot the drama. They ended with her still in coma n him holding her at the edge of cliff which look like attempt suicide. The production was bombed by ao many ppl. N epilogue was given (which was avtually part of the ori drama they cur out to test audience n garner more income). It was a bad taste. Epilogue did have a good ending but from the reaction for Chinese n International audience like us, i think open ending is not the way to go. Not welcomed at all. N inconsistencies in script can be a bad move. Some scripts are set in darker environment, serious notes like many court/Palace historical dramas, then more or less the audience kinda expect a bad ending. So it is ok. Many will accept. Just not open ending n then give u epilogues

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I read some Thai translations that maybe they show that in every lifetime they are destined to be together. Maybe if you can read in Chinese, @gween97’s shared the Weibo link above 

That will be nice. To prove they are mwant to he together even in different lives. N may set a 3rd possibilities of them in other drama. But if this ended like loyx open ended or bad ending with him or her dead , then forget about 3rd. For me at least. 

Edited by SnT
  • Insightful 2

But let us be really optimistic about this. So far from all the trailers bts previews, it looks like they can be over dramatic about it. The angst of wedding night was over in 1.5 episodes. The dramatic scene of wangye getting zhengfei turn into a comedy. The furong want to divorce was settled with XJ crying like a baby. So i still hv hope the last 12 episodes will hv ups n downs but not completely turning dark. We hv the scene of him n her on that rooftop with her lying lifeless in his arm but we also hv the secind wedding with him waiting at the door n her walking through the door, smiling. Lets alk hope for the best. Looking at the airing schedule vip purchase of rmb25 can get the last 10 episodes on 16 nov. I m currently using duboku.cc n its update is exactly same as vip. Just tat no subs, which is ok for me as i understand Chinese 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
59 minutes ago, SnT said:

But let us be really optimistic about this. So far from all the trailers bts previews, it looks like they can be over dramatic about it. The angst of wedding night was over in 1.5 episodes. The dramatic scene of wangye getting zhengfei turn into a comedy. The furong want to divorce was settled with XJ crying like a baby. So i still hv hope the last 12 episodes will hv ups n downs but not completely turning dark. We hv the scene of him n her on that rooftop with her lying lifeless in his arm but we also hv the secind wedding with him waiting at the door n her walking through the door, smiling. Lets alk hope for the best. Looking at the airing schedule vip purchase of rmb25 can get the last 10 episodes on 16 nov. I m currently using duboku.cc n its update is exactly same as vip. Just tat no subs, which is ok for me as i understand Chinese 

Can you translate what i post before? Weibo post✌️

Yes like i said before, don’t believe preview in Chinese drama because there is gonna be something different :smug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When Zhang Zhehan was interviewed after or during the airing of LoYX, he had mentioned that he was in talks with the production team at the time about a possible "sequel" and he personally wanted it to be set in modern times because he thought that they had already successfully collaborated on a show set in ancient times. I had forgotten about it until now.

I don't know if this is it but I thought I'll throw it out there since there are these spoilers floating around the internet showing them both in contemporary times. I wouldn't necessarily take too much stock in it. This could just be a concession to Zhang Zhehan's personal wish. I'm sure they've been leaked deliberately, calculated to generate interest and get everyone talking.

Speaking of Goodbye My Princess I did watch parts of it (not the whole drama) and also saw the extras set in contemporary times. For me it made sense that they did that because GMP was a tragic love story set in the context of palace politics from the start of the show to the end. The way the show was set up, it was clear that the OTP was doomed from the start because of subterfuge, deception and a collision of aims. There was no way they could enjoy any kind of happily-ever-after in that context. It was a zero sum game almost all the way. But out of the palace, living ordinary, simple lives, they can finally be free to fall in love with no one trying to exploit the male lead's vulnerabilities. He doesn't need to amass power to protect the woman he loves. They're living quietly in the countryside away from power and wealth.

There's nothing like that going on with Ruyi Pavilion. There is no zero sum game at work. The leads are working hard to change their fate and appear to be succeeding. The palace is not a relentlessly hostile environment. Mums and dads are generally supportive and willing to negotiate. Yes, there are baddies  but they can't shake the foundations of the leads dynamic for long. These are two people who want the same thing.

If they follow the template laid down by LoYX then the divorce is part of a larger longer-term strategy that Xu Jin has devised to protect Fu Rong to ensure that they both survive  so that they can have their happily-ever-after.  He must know after further investigation that she will be targeted once he gets too close to the conspirators for comfort.

• Insightful 4

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

2 hours ago, SnT said:

Really? How about international vip? Because I subcribe iqiyi

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

When Zhang Zhehan was interviewed after or during the airing of LoYX, he had mentioned that he was in talks with the production team at the time about a possible "sequel" and he personally wanted it to be set in modern times because he thought that they had already successfully collaborated on a show set in ancient times. I had forgotten about it until now.

I don't know if this is it but I thought I'll throw it out there since there are these spoilers floating around the internet showing them both in contemporary times. I wouldn't necessarily take too much stock in it. This could just be a concession to Zhang Zhehan's personal wish. I'm sure they've been leaked deliberately, calculated to generate interest and get everyone talking.

Thanks for  the info. Whatever it is ,I personally want  them to end with certainty in the Ruyi lifetime. 

I am scarred by bad ending. Lol!

35 minutes ago, gween97 said:

Really? How about international vip? Because I subcribe iqiyi

I too am on Iqiyi. From what I understand from the schedule posted on page 1 , we will also get all the episodes by 14 Nov. So two eps each for 10, 11, 12 Nov & then they release the rest on 14 Nov.

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Thanks for  the info. Whatever it is ,I personally want  them to end with certainty in the Ruyi lifetime. 

I am scarred by bad ending. Lol!

I too am on Iqiyi. From what I understand from the schedule posted on page 1 , we will also get all the episodes by 14 Nov. So two eps each for 10, 11, 12 Nov & then they release the rest on 14 Nov.

But 10 nov is tuesday, are you sure?

• Like 2