The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

Some spoiler recaps for eps 19 in addition to what I wrote before this

So in eps 19 it seems that FR came to her own conclusion that XJ had come to see RY before she died. The thread on his clothes when they were on the run seems to match Ruyi's . On top of that both RY's assistant and a outside witness confirms that a guy in white clothes with blood on his sleeves had left the pavillion .( Conspiracy theory  could this be set up by Ahn?) Anyhow, FR asked Ahn tot help her in this matter. 

The opportunity came along because the King wanted to XJ to marry the annoying princess. XJ disagreed & said he wanted to marry FR. He kneeled for days to beg the King. Ahn took this opportunity to get the King to agree. However King would only allow FR to be a concubine. XJ's parents weren't pleased but FR was quick to agree. FY was surprised as she felt there was some hesitation on FR's part before this. Anyway later on FY asked WBQ about XJ's sincerity. WBQ assured her that XJ was sincere but this was the King's order & says XJ will find a way later to make FR his official wife.

On the other hand , FY & WBQ's love line progresses naturally . She had earlier discovered some irregularities in the account books of his shop. She comes up with ideas for him to catch the culprit.

Duke Su offers Ruyi's assistant to come work for FR when she marries him. 

The wedding scene was supposed to be a happy occasion but somehow it felt tinged with sadness given FR's expressions. At the wedding banquet, Princess Annoying was complaining & Ahn was looking downcast. They then wondered where XJ was. XJ had gone to look for FR in their room.

He apologised to her that she had to be a concubine - it felt like it was a disrespect to her. She said that she was willing. She was holding a pheonix crown that her master gave her. She says concubines cannot wear this ..but XJ says of course not & proceeded to remove her headgear & wanted to put the crown on for her - then  she took out the knife to stab him. He managed to stop her as per preview - then she accused him of the murder etc. He realised that she married him to revenge her master . After some exchange of words , he asked her to stab her if she indeed thought so. He said that if he had wanted to kill her master he would not have dirtied his own hands & ask the RY's assistant to come work for them. He then pushed the knife to his chest & started bleeding. She dropped the knife.

He cleaned up a bit as he was bleeding from the wound . The servants said the guests had all arrived & he had to go meet them. At the banquet hall, WBQ realised that XJ was looking pale. XJ asked WBQ quietly to help him take the toasts & help him drink.  All the guests started to toast him including Ahn who obviously knew what was going on. WBQ help him to drink . Then he left the hall early as he was not feeling well. Urgghh my heart hurts for him.

- eps ends-

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Some spoiler recaps for eps 19 in addition to what I wrote before this

So in eps 19 it seems that FR came to her own conclusion that XJ had come to see RY before she died. The thread on his clothes when they were on the run seems to match Ruyi's . On top of that both RY's assistant and a outside witness confirms this that ( Conspiracy theory  could this be set up by Ahn?) Anyhow, FR asked Ahn tot help her in this matter. 

The opportunity came along because the King wanted to XJ to marry the annoying princess. XJ disagreed & said he wanted to marry FR. He kneeled for days to beg the king. Ahn took this opportunity to get the King to agree. However King would only allow FR to be a concubine. XJ's parents weren't pleased but FR was quick to agree. FY was surprised as she felt there was so hesitation on FR's part before this. Anyway later on FY asked WBQ about XJ's sincerity. WBQ assured her that XJ was sincere but this was the King's order & says XJ will find a way later to make FR his official wife.

On the other hand , FY & WBQ's love line progresses naturally . She had earlier discovered some irregularities in the account books of his shop. She comes up with ideas for him to catch the culprit.

Duke Su offers Ruyi's assistant to come work for FR when she marries him. 

The wedding scene was supposed to be a happy occasion but somehow it felt tinged with sadness given FR's expressions. At the wedding banquet, Princess annoying was complaining & Ahn was looking downcast. They then wondered where he was. XJ had gone to look for FR in their room.

He apologised to her that she had to be a concubine - it felt like it was a disrespect to her. She said that she was willing She was holding a pheonix crown that her master gave her. She says concubines cannot wear this ..but XJ says of course not & proceeded to remove her headgear & wanted to put the crown on for her - then  she took out the knife to stab him. He managed to stop her as per preview - then she accused him of the murder etc. He realised that she married him to revenge her master . After some exchange of words , he asked her to stab her if she indeed thought so. He said that if he had wanted to kill her master he would not have dirtied his own hands & ask the RY's assistant to come work for them. He then pushed the knife to his chest & started bleeding. She dropped the knife.

He cleaned up a bit as he was bleeding from the wound . The servants said the guests had all arrived & he had to go meet them. At the banquet hall, WBQ realised that XJ was looking pale. XJ asked WBQ quietly to help him take the toasts & help him drink.  All the guests started to toast him including Ahn who obviously knew what was going on. WBQ help him to drink . Then he left the hall early as he was not feeling well. Urgghh my heart hurts for him.

- eps ends-

Thanks for the recap. Oh my, I don't think I can handle the episode well but since we have another 20 episodes more so I think I'll survive early heart breaking. 

Anyway, I'm also watching another version thru Iqiyi tv(Astro). In episode 10, it's seem the international version did cut where FR dream about Guan Ge and her been infected by chickenpox(25sec). I will try to share the cut later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes u recap it really well. So much angst n so much hurt. Ep 20 is worse. I feel its plain stupidity on her part. From someone with reasonable high intelligence in all prev episode, script reduces her down to someone who doesnt use her head at all.

N what makes me scare the most is this gal asked ahnwan to help her marry XJ so she can revenge. I mean to me that is wrong script for FR. That is too calculative n hateful for her character. Only heartless person like ahnwan would use marriage to meet emds like that. She is a sunshine gal all through 18 episode. N suddenly she can plan something so dark. The idea is not even from ahnwan its from her. N if there wasnt the love declaration episode, then fine, she can do it because She doesn't know how he feel about her. He declare one fan one heart, no regrets, never to separate.... Goodness how much more do u need him to do. 

Sorry i did not get any joy from this wedding episode. I mean they could hv talk a bit more after the assassination attempt. N give it some little sweetness. instead the wedding scene makes me shudder n feel cold in the heart.. If i were him, after going through so much coldness n heartlessness in life since young n thinking that he has found some warmth in this gal. His mother totally understood him.. When she tell FR what her son need.. He need love. Sorry I don think what she did is forgivable. Sorry. I m Ranting. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Spoiler recaps for ep 20

XJ heads back to the room. He tells his assistant to go. Ahn's left hand man asked should we proceed as planned ( as they had expected XJ to die). Ahn says yes , he does not want FR to stay on there.

Then two masked man came into the bedroom to capture FR who was alone with her maids. The two men were quite aggressive and hurt the two maids. They took FR by force. XJ came in time to save her and he fought them off. There was a bomb thrown but XJ covered FR from it. One more attacker tried to slash him from the back . By then WBQ & the others heard the commotion. WBQ threw a weapon to hit that attacker but Ahn did the same to deflect that weapon so that it missed. WBQ asked Ahn what he was doing & Ahn just said he missed ( of course he was protecting his own men. He clearly set this up)

So annoyed here . So Ahn went and asked FR if she was ok & Princess Annoying did the same with XJ.  XJ and FR both rejected the concerns but XJ was bleeding. His younger brother came up to him & took him to get treated. The strained expressions between FR and XJ breaks my heart. Princess Annoying continues to be her usual annoying self telling FR's ex bestie that FR was seducing Ahn . She also intercepted a maid bringing water for XJ to clean his wounds & offered to bring it herself. 

(continue in spoiler)

Spoiler

Ahn was angry that his assistant messed up & told the latter not to make the same mistake again. Ahn thinks back of his younger days of how Nong Nong had protected him etc. 

FR walks to the room where XJ's servants were wrapping his wounds. She asked them how was his wounds. They told her these new wounds only add on to his old wounds that were not fully healed. Anyway XJ refuses to address FR and tells the servants to send her back to the bedroom  & he will sleep in his study. Meanwhile Ahn is determined to get Nong Nong back.

Next morning, XJ and FR had to serve tea to the King and his mother as part of the customs. They asked about the extent of his injury & the mother realises how badly hurt he was. Later she asked FR to accompany her for a stroll in the garden. Love that mother was kind with her words saying how she liked the jewelry that XJ had designed & she knows that XJ being introvert from young always does things alone. But she knows how much affection XJ has for FR and is happy that FR can be there for him now. She asked FR to look after XJ. 

King & XJ chat. He wants XJ to focus on helping him reorganise some army camp. They wanted to appoint a new general etc . XJ suggested a competition but at the end the King says to get Ahn to handle such a big event since you just got married & are recovering from your injury. (urgggh) 

XJ and FR walk towards their residence. XJ was gentle in his speech to her. They met Ahn . After some brief exchanges , Ahn managed to slip a piece of paper to FR.

WBQ scenes with his assistant at the shop and another businessman. WBQ was here catch that assistant who has been swindling his money etc. Anyway the guy confessed 

XJ in his study ...someone send deserts to him which he did not want to eat. His servants send it to FR & also to tell FR he will sleep in his study. FR didn't want to eat. Her maid said why have you & XJ  not consummated the marriage. She gave an excuse he's injured. Anyway she finds out that he was going out the next day for work , and she decides to go gallivanting herself in man's clothes. Looks like she wanted to  buy this popular wine & got her maid to line up for it while she walked about.

XJ comes to see FR and long story short discovers she has gone out the way she did  . He asked his men to go look for her & tells his men that every single servant in the residence will be punished for this. 

Anyway, FR had actually gone to see Ahn secretly. Ahn promises to find a way to free her from the marriage. But she tells him that she was now unsure that XJ was the killer & she felt she jumped to conclusions. Then flashback scene- the person who was wearing white with blood that day on his sleeves was actually Ahn. He had gone to see Ruyi.  Ahn asked  her if XJ was not the murderer , would she would want to go back to her old life. She didn't answer him. Hmm some flashback scenes and reminiscing of their childhood ( yawns!)

FR heads back & she sees all the servants kneeling in the garden . His servant says that they were punished because XJ found out that she had gone out the way she did. She says it was not their fault & asked them not to be punished as it was her fault. He carried her in as per preview. He asked her if she realised what was her mistake. The truth is he was angry that not because of what she did but that he was worried for her safety. But he just doesn't tell her upfront.

Later her maids , try to advise FR saying that XJ really cares for her. He doesn't know that she is allergic to peanuts. They encourage her to go talk to him. When she went to look for him, one of the maids (who was in cahoots with Princess Annoying) lied & said XJ was busy. He & his men were discussing the need to get a first lady (official wife). Lies of course.

She went back to her room feeling downcast. XJ came to look for her later as his men told him it would create rumors that they were not sharing the same bed. He did tell her that he was not angry that she didn't follow the rules. He was mad that she could be in danger. Then she started saying that she regretted meeting him in the first place etc & asked to separate at the end.

Thanks @Beautifulthing. look forward to the cut. 

TBH @SnT I was depressed watching these two episodes.  I mean I was quite angry with XJ for not thinking properly.  Hopefully the upcoming episodes would be better.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

16 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Spoiler recaps for ep 20

XJ heads back to the room. He tells his assistant to go. Ahn's left hand man asked should we proceed as planned ( as they had expected XJ to die). Ahn says yes , he does not want FR to stay on there.

Then two masked man came into the bedroom to capture FR who was alone with her maids. The two men were quite aggressive and hurt the two maids. They took FR by force. XJ came in time to save her and he fought them off. There was a bomb thrown but XJ covered FR from it. One more attacker tried to slash him from the back . By then WBQ & the others heard the commotion. WBQ threw a weapon to hit that attacker but Ahn did the same to deflect that weapon so that it missed. WBQ asked Ahn what he was doing & Ahn just said he missed ( of course he was protecting his own men. He clearly set this up)

So annoyed here . So Ahn went and asked FR if she was ok & Princess Annoying did the same with XJ.  XJ and FR both rejected the concerns but XJ was bleeding. His younger brother came up to him & took him to get treated. The strained expressions between FR and XJ breaks my heart. Princess Annoying continues to be her usual annoying self telling FR's ex bestie that FR was seducing Ahn . She also intercepted a maid bringing water for XJ to clean his wounds & offered to bring it herself. 

(continue in spoiler)

Hide contents

Ahn was angry that his assistant messed up & told the latter not to make the same mistake again. Ahn things back of his younger days how how Nong Nong had protected him etc. 

FR walks to the room where XJ's servants were wrapping his wounds. She asked them how was his wounds. They told her this new wounds only add on to his old wounds that were not fully healed. Anyway XJ refuses to address FR and tells the servants to send her back to the bedroom, he will sleep in his study. Meanwhile Ahn is determined to get Nong Nong back.

Next morning, XJ and FR has to serve tea to the King and his mother as part of the customs. They asked about the extent of his injury & the mother realises how badly hurt he was. Later she asked FR to accompany her for a stroll in the garden. Love that mother was kind with her words saying how she liked the jewellery that XJ had designed & she knows that XJ being introvert from young always does things alone. But she knows how much affection XJ has for FR and is happy that FR can be there for him now. She asked FR to look after XJ. 

King & XJ chat. He wants XJ to focus on helping him reorganise the some army camp. They wanted to appoint a new general etc . XJ suggested a competition but at the end the King says to get Ahn to handle such a big event since you just got married & are recovering from your injury. (urgggh) 

XJ and FR walk towards their residence. XJ was gentle in his speech to her. They met Ahn . After some brief exchanges , Ahn managed to slip a piece of paper to FR.

WBQ scenes with his assistant at the shop and another businessman. WBQ was here catch that assistant who has been swindling his money etc. Anyway the guy confessed 

XJ in his study ...someone send deserts to him which he did not want to eat. His servants send it to FR & also to tell FR he will sleep in his study. FR didn't want to eat. Her maid said why have you & XJ  not consumated the marriage. She gave an excuse he's injured. Anyway she finds out that he was going out the next day for work , and she decides to go galavanting herself in man's clothes. Looks like she wanted to  buy this popular wine & got her maid to line up for it while she walked about 

XJ comes to see FR and long story short discovers she has gone out the way she did  . He asked his men to go look for her & tells his men that every single servant in the residence will be punished for this. 

Anyway, FR had gone to see Ahn secretly. Ahn promises to find a way to free her from the marriage. But she tells him that she was now unsure that XJ was the killer & she felt she jumped to conclusions. Then flashback scene- the person who was wearing white with blood that day on his sleeves was actually Ahn. He had gone to see Ruyi.  Ahn did ask her if XJ was really not the murderer if she would want to go back to her old life. She didn't answer him. Hmm some flashback scenes and reminiscing of their childhood ( yawns!)

FR heads back & she sees all the servants kneeling in the garden . His servant says that they were punished because XJ found out that she had gone out the way she did. She says it was not their fault & asked them not to be punished as it was her fault. He carried her in as per preview. He asked her if she realised what was her mistake. The truth is he was angry that not because of what she did but that he was worried for her safety. But he just doesn't tell her upfront.

Later her maids , try to advise FR saying that XJ really cares for her. He doesn't know that she is allergic to peanuts. They encourage her to go talk to him. When she went to look for him, one of the maids (who was in cahoots with Princess Annoying) lied & said XJ was busy. He & his men discussing the need to get a first lady (official wife)

She went back to her room feeling downcast. XJ came to look for her later as his men told him it would create rumors that they were not sharing the same bed. He did tell her that he was not angry that she didn't follow the rules. He was mad that she could be in danger. Then she started saying that she regretted meeting him in the first place etc & asked to separate at the end.

Thanks @Beautifulthing. look forward to the cut. 

TBH @SnT I was depressed watching these two episodes.  I mean I was quite angry with XJ for not thinking properly.  Hopefully the upcoming episodes would be better.

It just send shivers to my heart thst she invited ahnwan into the scheme n into their lives. Yes unknowingly n that is plain stupidity but that is not the way to treat a guy who just gave up  literally everything to save u. She can talk to him, she can be angry at him for not telling u everything. She can asked to see him before marrying him.. But to scheme with ahn to marry XJ so that she can kill him is a plot that is totally unacceptable. She did not love him at all if she can do that. Maybe the script make XJ too good. Till i m so upset w FR. Its ok to be stupid but not ok to be heartless n scheming. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, SnT said:

t just send shivers to my heart thst she invited ahnwan into the scheme n into their lives. Yes unknowingly n that is plain stupidity but that is not the way to treat a guy who just gave up  literally everything to save u. She can talk to him, she can be angry at him for not telling u everything. She can asked to see him before marrying him.. But to scheme with ahn to marry XJ so that she can kill him is a plot that is totally unacceptable. She did not love him at all if she can do that. Maybe the script make XJ too good. Till i m so upset w FR. Its ok to be stupid but not ok to be heartless n scheming. 

IKR...sigh....I do think that she was blinded by her emotions. It is hard for me to understand her at this point especially when  we are all very protective of XJ.  However  at the end when she was sore that he was thinking of getting a 1st lady , it indicated to me that she does like him. It bothered her - if this was purely for revenge she would not have reacted that way .She did not agree to Ahn getting her out of this marriage immediately .  And in spite of the scheming with Ahn as well as her words calling for separation at the end of ep 20, I think there is a part of her that genuinely wanted to be married to XJ. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Watching eps 19 now & I realise besides Princess Annoying calling su wang ge ge repeatedly, Ahn addressing FR as Nong Nong also annoyed me a lot.  :shocked:

Two things I like at the initial part 

1. That FR tells her sis that she & XJ are in love. Sis said that it was clear XJ likes her as he treats FR differently. So she wanted to hear FR's point of view. Sis noticed that FR seems concerned for XJ .

2. Fu Xuan went out of her comfort zone & secretly followed WBQ to his shop to check his accounts. She is usually very to the book , so her feelings for WBQ are growing quite quickly too

i am sad watch ep 19-20, she is to stupid who don't see the effort xujin make for her, how he fight for her, she don't know how hard to get permission from his father to married her and at the end she believe what An Wang said :(, at the end of ep 20 she want to separate huhuuhuu i can't wait to see ep21 how they finish this missunderstanding

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 1
11 minutes ago, gween97 said:

i am sad watch ep 19-20, she is to stupid who don't see the effort xujin make for her, how he fight for her, she don't know how hard to get permission from his father to married her and at the end she believe what An Wang said :(, at the end of ep 20 she want to separate huhuuhuu i can't wait to see ep21 how they finish this missunderstanding

Yes, I too cannot wait for the misunderstanding to be resolved.  The highlighted part is also part of the problem...while she clearly saw how he risked his life to save her , she also does not realise that he did much more because he has not told her. When she went out secretly he used a roundabout way to express his true concerns by punishing his servants instead of telling her it was because he was worried. This was something his aides highlighted as well.  Being introverted he tended to keep things to himself instead of sharing how he really feels .  Anyhow they definitely started off the marriage on the wrong foot here. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Ok XJ we allow u to marry another wife. As long as not screechy.. Anyone will do. With this rate, his whole body will be punch with holes n bruises. She askef for divorce some more. Instead of making things to him, She just want out.. Aikkks. 

Haha... I guess we all love XJ too much this time. All riled up n protective of him.. I  actually feel like i m his mother.. So upset my son is hurt physically n emotionally. Abused. 

But one thing i do declare is if the scriptwriter keeps giving us plot like this n end it badly like yunxi, i will totally avoid this team of scriptwriters esp if they r working w these two again or any other works for that matter. One yunxi is bad taste n if ruyi goes south, that will be scarring me for life. 

But i give credit to his two aides n her lanxiang maid. Few sensible loyal ppl here. I hv my doubt on ah yuan. I think she is fishy. She din even say FR is peanut allergy but misled XJ into thinking FR gave away his gift to servants. I hv a baf feeling of this one.

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

This official trailer, right at the beginning part shows that there should be a second wedding. 

Because this one show him waiting at the entrance n she came in smiling, the tradition of marrying ur first primary wife. This scene did not happen in dream or the ep19 wedding. Both dream n first wedfing was her waiting in the room (tradition as secondary wife or cincubine) , in both she is not smiling. I checked also it is not a cut from yunxi. His clothes n hairstyle was definitely ruyi. Her flower drawing is definitely FR. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1

I don't know how I feel about these recent episodes TBH. On some level I think this is more about Prince An aka Xu Ping than it is about the leads. Either he's really badly written... or the show desperately wants us to think badly of him... all the while trying (not very well I don't think) to make him into a sympathetic figure by inserting these childhood flashbacks while he reminisces. He's certainly not my idea of a good antihero figure because he's too unbalanced for my liking. But I am also toying with the idea that these childhood flashbacks demonstrate how he's never really grown up despite his acclaim as a literary critic and being the Royal Uncle. He always comes across to me (maybe it's the actor) as a whiny child surrounded by expensive and shiny toys throwing one enormous tantrum. It's as if he feel entitled to this and that but goes about it the wrong way. He thinks, I suspect, that the world revolves around him. Even when he talks about "Nong Nong" it's largely in relation to him and what he wants. Why would a man in his right mind agree to the stab job? Even on the face of it, it's a dangerous endeavour for a woman who has no martial arts to go up against a man who has extensive military experience. To call him selfish or self-centred is a label that falls short of what's really going on. There's also a blindness that stems from a reckless immaturity about how reality works.  Like a bull charging here and there but achieving very little. Full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

While I can understand her perspective, I certainly think that Fu Rong jumped to conclusions far too quickly and really the logical course of action would have been to confront Xu Jin first before using marriage as a stepping stone to assassinating him. It shows her (and Xu Ping) in a rather poor light. I do chalk some of it to survivor's guilt. Mentor and apprentice didn't exactly part on good terms. To her credit though, she does eventually realise that there are many things about the scenario that don't add up. The reality is that though she's been getting to know him better, Fu Rong doesn't really entirely understand the man she married. If she did, she would never have hastily come to the conclusion that she did. It's like she took a couple steps forward and then took a couple of steps backwards. Of course she was egged on by Xu Ping too. And unfortunately it never occurs to her... perhaps it speaks to her naivete... that Xu Ping should have been more circumspect. Why doesn't she question his improprieties of what he does? A better man would not be putting her in a such a precarious position. Everything he does and says especially in recent times, reflects badly on him despite his claims to be someone who cares. She needs to grow up fast and see who the real enemy is. There should be red flags but she's too close to see it.

However, I do actually think the point of all that drama was to expedite the marriage. Believe it or not. I think the showrunners really did want to push the marriage forward but under entirely different circumstances to what she had dreamt. I doubt Fu Rong would have been so eager to marry Xu Jin otherwise.

Xu Ping is meant to be, I think, a disruption... and an obstacle to their happily-ever-after. But thankfully he's not very good at it to be frank because he sees things from his perspective and not from Fu Rong's or Xu Jin's. He doesn't know either of them all that well to begin with. He's certainly no master strategist. Just look at how he killed Liu Ruyi for short term gain with no thought of how that would ultimately impact on Fu Rong.  And things are ultimately backfiring on him.

And this is the main and (in my opinion) most important difference between the two men. Xu Jin knows Fu Rong. He knows exactly how Fu Rong feels about Liu Ruyi despite her own suspicions about her mentor. For Fu Rong's sake, he would never just take her out without at least having full possessions of the facts or giving her a chance to explain. He wouldn't, I think, kill her on the spot and leaving her body lying around to be found by someone else. More than that he's empathetic because of his own dilemma with his uncle, Minister Dong. It's almost a parallel situation. He understood Fu Rong's hesitation to talk about the bracelet. It was someone she cared about and she understood the implications of why he was probing.

As I've said previously, Xu Ping is clinging on to a childhood memory of Fu Rong. She's now a grown woman with different life experiences and has I believe, fallen in love with another man. Just because they had a childhood connection it doesn't mean squat. Whether he realises it or not, he has been using her... exploiting old times sake for his big revenge plan. He's so angry that he doesn't see the wood for the trees. I don't like him and his revenge plan doesn't make much sense to me.

On the plus side we can see that the emperor does care about his son. The concubine thing is something of a compromise which under the political climate is understandable.

And yes, it's true that they didn't have the very best start to their marriage but hey, it's far far better than Xu Jin marrying Screechy. I'd take the misunderstanding and wedding stab over that any day. I think he would as well.

@abs-oluteM Can you merge the two posts together? Thanks dear!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma u have analyse XP very well. Like I say i think this team of scriptwriters did a bad job in portraying XP n FR in these two episodes. In fact XP turn for bad is lame. U r right in saying he think the whole world revolved around him. Because ppl takes his toys or he think itbis his toy, he did the most unforgivable.. If he even care about her one bit, he woukd not hv allowed her to go marry XJ n try assassination.. He says so as much. He says he thought that he may get lucky in killing XJ through nong2. Goodness, no words can describe that horridness n the sickness i feel in my stomach. Even a

If he is just a bestie, he could hv say dont do that, there is many ways to find out. Or leave it to me. I will find out for u. He vmcan advise she get close to him after his punishment is over, confront him, even test him etc. That is what a sane man would advise. No man in the right man who allowed a woman he claimed to love to marry another man just to assasinate him, esp she is no trained assasin or even hv any skills in martial art. N what if XJ successfully convince the dad to take her as zhengfei. That would be even harder to anulled as Chinese tradition. So he expect he can be openly with his nephew ex wife if he takes her away... So much illogicalness. Well, congratulation, he had  just successfully gave her away.

I think the script is so flawed here. It is like they just want give xp a reason to turn dark n now they want the audience to take a pity on him n write FR up to drop her intelligences n her character so drastically to share aome of the idiocracy. Cause they wrote it that she arrived at that cinclusion herself n she was the one asking XP to help her secure a marriage w XJ, so she can revenge. Yes everyone is looking forward for a wedding scene. But i think no audience who watch this 2 episodes like it one bit.

Yes...i like the exasperation of the emperor.. He finally behaved like a dad. I love it when he says.... That nonsense!!! He says he not only want to marry FR, he says he will marry no one but FR. Dad could be harsher but he compromised.... Fine fine fine... I give up but only sceondary consort ok. I was right emperor thinks she will be too unruly to help his son in any way. She is a troublemaker in his opinion. I think he favour XJ as the next emperor. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4
12 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There's 40 episodes and it's a C drama. As long as Xu Jin doesn't marry Screechy Princess I can handle anything. Every married couple has their ups and downs. I mean, haven't you ever felt like stabbing your husband/wife at some point?

i dunno....i know they were divorce at a point......because XuJin actually went to ask for a decree from the emperor to be separated from FuRong???

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Watching eps 19 now & I realise besides Princess Annoying calling su wang ge ge repeatedly, Ahn addressing FR as Nong Nong also annoyed me a lot.  :shocked:

hahaha u guys are all annoying when the 3rd party lols.....i know i will sent them off.......with the 'FF' button sometimes just so that i do not pollute my space with those annoying faces

• Haha 3

Actually the story line reminds me of love n redemption. I m not sure if u guys watch that one. 58 episodes. Whole through the episodes i so sympathise with sifeng the ML. All he does is to love her n protect her w all his heart n body n soul. Whole through i was like u poor guy u poir guy. But FL was born wo 6 senses so u kinda pity n cant blame her too. Then there is SML who is totally swoon worthy (yes i had the SLS) who did even more than what XP did here. She end up stabbing the ML almost kiliing him. On top of the fact that he is already full of wounds interbally n externally because of her (much kike XJ).

But i love how the script they turn it around she realised her mistakes. I could feel her pain n guilt like. Omg, how can i be so dumb, she almost could not hold herself up when she realised her mistakes. She decided to go find him n reallly search for him, Hi n lo for 500 over days. When she found him, she relentlessly asked for forgiveness n he was about to marry someone else (pretend). She went through great length to make it up. I hope we can see FR owing up to her mistakes soon n make up to him n asked for his forgiveness. No need so drastic like love n redemption but at least not asking for divorce n do the stony face thing like now. I m sure XJ will drop like fly if she woukd woo him. Yes... I want to see her woo him a little. Poor guy. 

Edited by SnT
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

It's as if he feel entitled to this and that but goes about it the wrong way. He thinks, I suspect, that the world revolves around him.

u know i always find it a waste of breath to try to make this types of person see senses....they wont....

all they see is themselves and anyone who is not complying to their wishes or their ways is 'against' them.....

no way to reason with them either.....even the tiniest thing is about them....all them them and them.....

3 minutes ago, SnT said:

Actually the story line reminds me of love n redemption. I m not sure if u guys watch that one. 58 episodes. Whole through the episodes i so sympathise with sifeng the ML. All he does is to love her n protect her w all his heart n body n soul. Whole through i was like u poor guy u poir guy. But FL was born wo 6 senses so u kinda pity n cant blame her too. Then there is SML who is totally swoon worthy (yes i had the SLS) who did even more than what XP did here. She end up stabbing the ML almost kiliing him. On top of the fact that he is already full of wounds interbally n externally because of her (much kike XJ).

i watch a Bts on that....and i was like....gosh SiFeng had to go thru 9 life cycle to make her realize her mistakes i was like.....come on.....no one had to be that stupid.....

Ashes is definitely better in that regards since the girl only make a stab and realize her mistakes.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalker haha... But 9 lives she did not love him at all... He knows it. He willingly die for her. They show that 9 as a fast recaps. N usually memory are wipe off after one life. So the story line was not hard to follow. Only the 10th life, it is the full story. N 10th life is worst cause she was born without senses. N here even that did not stop him from teaching her how to love. Bit by bit.. Shebfall in love w him. Very touching. N also i enjoy her expressing herself w him. N admitting her mistakes. Thats a heroine. I think i will go watch love m redemption a bit to torture myself a bit before being tortured by XJ-FR line. Haha... . 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHLBxP9pCDR/?igshid=1gvgk7qh4fbiz

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've thought a bit more and I'm not as disappointed with Fu Rong as I was earlier. I also realise circumstances did not allow her to question him directly with matters escalating in the way that it did.  Considering their history, her premonitions and a fundamental lack of trust that has been something of a dark cloud between them in the past it doesn't take much for doubts to give way to full blown suspicion. Plus she didn't have much else to go on. From her perspective it could be that Xu Jin has been getting close to her trying to pump her for information about Liu Ruyi. She didn't know about Liu Ruyi's behind the scenes shenanigans with various individuals including Xu Ping. She wouldn't have known that Liu Ruyi was in part responsible for Minister Dong's downfall.

I'm willing to cut her a bit of slack because nobody tells her anything or wants her to know anything. All in the name of protecting her. 

In a way I think it's good that they did have that wedding night incident and let everything come out into the open. If she has doubts about Xu Jin and there's an underlying mistrust then there it has to be dealt with sooner rather than later. The marriage was conducted hastily without much discussion between either side and I certainly think that Xu Jin dodged a bullet there by not marrying Screechy. 

I also think we should look at this wedding night from the perspective that Fu Rong has changed her fate. Yes, she is still married to Xu Jin but he is in love with her and not married to Screechy like it was in the nightmares. As far as he's concerned, she's his only wife. They've cleared the air somewhat and there are more opportunities for them to interact to build trust for the bigger storms ahead.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

5 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I've thought a bit more and I'm not as disappointed with Fu Rong as I was earlier. I also realise circumstances did not allow her to question him directly with matters escalating in the way that it did.  Considering their history, her premonitions and a fundamental lack of trust that has been something of a dark cloud between them in the past it doesn't take much for doubts to give way to full blown suspicion. Plus she didn't have much else to go on. From her perspective it could be that Xu Jin has been getting close to her trying to pump her for information about Liu Ruyi. She didn't know about Liu Ruyi's behind the scenes shenanigans with various individuals including Xu Ping. She wouldn't have known that Liu Ruyi was in part responsible for Minister Dong's downfall.

I'm willing to cut her a bit of slack because nobody tells her anything or wants her to know anything. All in the name of protecting her. 

In a way I think it's good that they did have that wedding night incident and let everything come out into the open. If she has doubts about Xu Jin and there's an underlying mistrust then there it has to be dealt with sooner rather than later. The marriage was conducted hastily without much discussion between either side and I certainly think that Xu Jin dodged a bullet there by not marrying Screechy. 

I also think we should look at this wedding night from the perspective that Fu Rong has changed her fate. Yes, she is still married to Xu Jin but he is in love with her and not married to Screechy like it was in the nightmares. As far as he's concerned, she's his only wife. They've cleared the air somewhat and there are more opportunities for them to interact to build trust for the bigger storms ahead.

I agree with your point, she doing it based on emotional, her master is like her 2nd mother. Compare to the man who she just married, even yea she know him and he did a lot for her + her dreams as well + ahn taking advantage as well. So honestly I really don't blame her

But the stabbing is still hurthttps://tbarp.tumblr.com/post/633906064947085312/the-wedding

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Kana said:

And he's not wearing a wedding attire! Hahaha i hope it did fail

I think he almost marry bratty but it din happen because jump of cliff also he choose to be w FR. Kinda remind me of the cliche if ur mum n me jump into the sea which one woukd u save. Haha.... Not a hard choice here for him i assume 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I also think we should look at this wedding night from the perspective that Fu Rong has changed her fate. Yes, she is still married to Xu Jin but he is in love with her and not married to Screechy like it was in the nightmares. As far as he's concerned, she's his only wife. They've cleared the air somewhat and there are more opportunities for them to interact to build trust for the bigger storms ahead

This is true. What I do like about these dream/ premonition vs reality sequences is that the final outcome had elements of her dreams but they did not give her the full picture. She only saw things from her perspective and they were also based on uninformed interpretations . Case in point her brother's illness was not chicken pox but poisoning. In some ways her jumping to conclusions  of XJ being the killer is also based on interpreting what I consider as circumstantial evidence . Being so young & having only seen her master's good side , I can understand that the 1st thing on her mind would be to find the killer & avenge her master.  However as she overcomes her grief & remembers some of the shady activities she had witnessed RY do, she'd see that the circumstances leading to RY's death needs to be considered in looking for the actual killer. And once she realises that , she'd clearly be able to see that XJ would have no reason to kill RY.

2 hours ago, SnT said:

After u watched this, u will ache for him more. But least some bad air n feelings are exposed. 

I teared up watching that . It was painful but necessary. XJ finally lets his guard down ever since the wedding & FR knows that these were truly sincere words.

1 hour ago, Kana said:

And he's not wearing a wedding attire! Hahaha i hope it did fail

Me too...I don't even want him to be even entertain the idea of marriage on paper with Princess Screechy.

Thanks @Beautifulthing for the deleted scenes

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

2 hours ago, SnT said:

After u watched this, u will ache for him more. But least some bad air n feelings are exposed. 

For some reason that scene had the opposite effect on me. I cracked up laughing. He's such a.... boy here.

It's so unlike his usual stoic, lofty self. He usually has it all together but here he's whimpering pathetically. Especially when he accuses her of being so cruel.

So cute. :wow:

The great Xu Jin a complete blithering emotional mess.

I have such a twisted sense of humour. :smug:

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3