The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

I'm in love with xujin :wow: whenever he enters the scene, my heart's racing faster, lolol

So far I have finished 6 episodes, I like it but not that really impressed by it. I feel that the story flow a bit confusing in the beginning and there's quite rampant scene that may it look like out of place, like how could zhu er suddenly in that hill praying in front of the queen or consort lady? lol. And I expect FR will show something while she learns, I mean what does she get from following JS into his pavilion, I know it was supposed to be quite for a while she was there with him, but not a single scene showing what she learns there, or how he taught her something valuable, except letting her sneaking out and all. or am I missing something here. So she was there felt like just a set up for the FL has some background story with the second ML. 

shu er easily believe what her brother told before his death, and I believe they use her as their spy. And I hope FR wont be that too nice when she later she has to deal with her. 

But even so, it's fun cuz it's easy watch, so I'll continue, plus yea you know my main reason for this, the prince xujin, hahaha.

please don't throw me with tomatoes if you disagree, :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I mean what does she get from following JS into his pavilion,

@Alice Wonderland Rong’er joined the JS pavilion as “ SUPPOSED” punishment for causing problems. JS/ Duke Ahn just wanted her at the Pavilion so she can do whatever she wants. It is more along the line of doting on her because they were childhood friends. When he was with her , was the only time he was ever happy.  Does that make sense chingu? 
I can’t say anymore uintil you catch up. Duke Su is so sexy . I agreee once he is on screen, the show becomes even more interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

31 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

hello dear...no one will throw anything. Lol! I  notice that C dramas ( historical ones especially )have bad editing that's why their flow sometimes can be choppy. It gets better after this especially when there are more scenes involving Xu Jin and FR. 

45 minutes ago, SnT said:

But anyone reckon his clothings is not as nice as yunxi. He looks slender n elegant in yunxi but here in some garment esp the recent white grey one he look bulkier n stockier. But FR clothing i love more than yunxi. I always always complained when i watched yunxi... Ellooou r wangfei, can u wear something more flowy n that crossbody just irks me haha.... I wish she was more ladylike. I was like lfy mum. Haha... Here FR really look ladylike even though she is naughty. 

I think ZZH has put on a bit of weight - I like it more. He was too scrawny in YunXi . He aged well yeah :smile:. I think costumes here look more expensive , or at least I feel that the sets are better given that this production may have had more budget. 

43 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

i am more curious about his mom. Does his mom understand him, does she wishes he come to see her and why doesn’t she tell her youngest son what happened in the past to clear the misunderstanding. He seems to be jealous because his mom spend so much time thinking of the oldest. It seems he has had a blissful life and has had no suffering.
I wonder does Prince Cheng wants to harm Prince Huai? I know Prince Huai doesn’t like Prince Cheng. I wonder why?

I thought I read somewhere that there are 4 sons...but it seems like there are three. XJ is the middle child right?

----------------------------------------

This is the synopsis on wiki addicts...I think the drama may not follow it closely but this may give us an idea where it may be headed plot wise

Spoiler

Fu Rong who's the second daughter of the Fu family unexpectedly had the ability of "foreseeing dreams" after a serious illness. She predicted that she would marry to Prince Su, Xu Jin, and finally suffered the fate of being buried. However, Xu Jin also has the ability of foreseeing dreams. Although Xu Jin also predicted the same tragedy, he doesn't want to avoid it but try his utmost to change the destiny. These two people begin the sweet game of "framing one another".

Their lives then became entangled together as they join hands to to uncover corruption and crimes. They managed to investigate the truth behind the gold murder case, arresting Xu Mao (Prince Cheng) who secretly makes weapons; and discover the real culprit who poisoned Consort Duan to death. With her wide knowledge, kindness and independence, Fu Rong wins Xu Jin's true love and admiration; while Xu Jin also saves Fu Rong from dangers multiple times.

When Fu Rong's master Liu Ruyi commits suicide, Xu Jin aids Fu Rong as she musters the courage to stand up again and find the mastermind who caused her master's death. They also get caught in a rebellious plot brewing in the palace, when Fu Rong discovers Xu Ping's rebellion schemes while carrying out disaster relieving measure. She uses the gemstone hairpin to find Xu Ping's secret basement, and finally forces Xu Ping to own up to his crimes. After undergoing a series of life changes, Fu Rong and Xu Jin retires to their homeland and lives a peaceful and happy life together.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

32 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I'm in love with xujin :wow: whenever he enters the scene, my heart's racing faster, lolol

So far I have finished 6 episodes, I like it but not that really impressed by it. I feel that the story flow a bit confusing in the beginning and there's quite rampant scene that may it look like out of place, like how could zhu er suddenly in that hill praying in front of the queen or consort lady? lol. And I expect FR will show something while she learns, I mean what does she get from following JS into his pavilion, I know it was supposed to be quite for a while she was there with him, but not a single scene showing what she learns there, or how he taught her something valuable, except letting her sneaking out and all. or am I missing something here. So she was there felt like just a set up for the FL has some background story with the second ML. 

shu er easily believe what her brother told before his death, and I believe they use her as their spy. And I hope FR wont be that too nice when she later she has to deal with her. 

But even so, it's fun cuz it's easy watch, so I'll continue, plus yea you know my main reason for this, the prince xujin, hahaha.

Did anyone feel their heart skip a beat when he calls her rong er. I do... I hv the special liking when the ml or fl call each other with their actual names. He first call her ronger first time in the detention center. Whoosh... I swooned. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

@40somethingahjumma In episode 1 after her fall, that same day. She asked her sister to sleep with her. Fu Xuan said “ Nightmares Again”. So I assumed she had these dreams before. After the fall she woke up and looked at her wrist and saw the Ruyi Pavilion emblem was  branded on her wrist.  Since I watch with subs that is how I interpreted to her dreams.  
DO YOU REMEMBER THAT FROM EPISODE 1?

Yup... I do dear. I never had problems understanding what was going on from Day 1 but I read some comments on another platform where people were complaining that they weren't getting enough dream sequences to properly understand that Fu Rong was trying to avoid Xu Jin because she'd been having dreams of him and that they had an ill-fated connection. That's why she was trying to steal his underwear and burn it as advised by her fortune telling buddies. She said it more than once. She even asked him directly for said underwear. I personally had no trouble following her hijinks in those early days. As far as I'm concerned everything we need to know is in the show.

The thing about C drama spoilers... you have to take them with a pinch of salt... Unless you actually see a cut from the drama containing a conversation between different parties I wouldn't believe it. Some of these Chinese compilation videos have been making all kinds of claims that I haven't seen evidence of so far. They might be right. They might be basing it on the novel. But the show might not follow the novel which is often the case.

@Alice Wonderland

The show was apparently cut down from 48 episodes to 40... if the rumours are to be believed. Maybe it's true and it did affect the flow. And I agree to some degree that they probably rushed the bit where Zhu'er became a kind of duchess... they used the word "princess" in the drama to refer to her new title. But in that scene you referred to she was begging Consort Duan to save her brother Qi Ce who had been plotting with the third prince and his uncle to assassinate Xu Jin.

May be I'm rather used to C dramas now that I didn't really notice that the flow was that bad. :smug: I followed everything pretty easily. I find that the first 8-9 episodes are really an introduction to the characters.

The whole point of Fu Rong's short stint in Ju Shui pavilion is... in my opinion... that she and Xu Ping are totally unsuited or not fated to be together. I agree that on a surface level it was her punishment for being a mischief maker and Xu Ping used it as an opportunity to have her close by and observe her. But frankly the entire time she was there, she was bored out of her mind trying to escape to deal with more pressing issues. She's obviously not of a scholarly turn. 

Xu Jin is a wonderful character. He's more down-to-earth and far more relatable than Long Feiye was. I absolutely 100% love what Zhang Zhehan is doing with the character. All the subtle expressions, the smirk and that killer smile. And doesn't he just ooze charm when he's with the kiddies?

@UnniSara Consort Duan is the third prince's Xu Mao's mother.

@abs-oluteM 

When I have time I'd like to translate that ZZH interview. That YT version you posted is the most complete one I've seen and ZZH is a great interview subject.

I don't have time right now and I need to be in bed because I have to be up early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I can’t say anymore uintil you catch up. Duke Su is so sexy . I agreee once he is on screen, the show becomes even more interesting.

This... 

53 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Xu Jin is a wonderful character. He's more down-to-earth and far more relatable than Long Feiye was. I absolutely 100% love what Zhang Zhehan is doing with the character. All the subtle expressions, the smirk and that killer smile. And doesn't he just ooze charm when he's with the kiddies?

And this.... 

Some reasons of why he is so mesmerizing in my eyes. :hearties:

1 hour ago, SnT said:

Did anyone feel their heart skip a beat when he calls her rong er. I do... I hv the special liking when the ml or fl call each other with their actual names. He first call her ronger first time in the detention center. Whoosh... I swooned. 

Which episode has this scene? I remember he calls her rong er when she barged into Qi's room and he pretends as if he is his lover. Lol

@abs-oluteM @40somethingahjumma ah thanks for the insights. It helps me to understand the story better. I don't have much cdrama references. Cuz i just watch one or two that catch my attention. And when I watched those scenes i feel that I couldn't easily slide it away. And plus there are so many flying scenes. Even it looks funny but I love seeing xujin walking through the water like flying. Hahaha. 

I'll catch up soon so yea.. see you all then. :eeeee:

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Heart Eyes 3

Ok ladies. Good news. Trailer out till 24 on iqiyi. All super sweet n good except they probably havent consummate their marriage. Aikksss. Not again. But looks like she is trying hard ti invite him to bed. Haha... 

N she is many times referred to as wangfei. Looks like its primary wife alright. Everyone call her that. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
16 minutes ago, SnT said:

Ok ladies. Good news. Trailer out till 24 on iqiyi. All super sweet n good except they probably havent consummate their marriage. Aikksss. Not again. 

Yay!! I just saw it ....yes again . Rolls my eyes  . I think she has to be drunk. :smug:I wonder how many episodes now before they progress in the bedroom. Anyhow eps 24 preview he needs to work less & spend more time with her .

I look forward to this :D eps 22 was my fave preview 

Spoiler

spacer.png

IQiYi released MV using this OST

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

When I have time I'd like to translate that ZZH interview. That YT version you posted is the most complete one I've seen and ZZH is a great interview subject.

I don't have time right now and I need to be in bed because I have to be up early.

Thanks so much. I look forward to it.

@UnniSara @Alice Wonderland The 1st time he calls her Rong Er was here 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Lovely Runner  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hide contents

Ll

@UnniSara @Alice Wonderland The 1st time he calls her Rong Er was here 

Hide contents

But this bit they were pretending. He was pretending. But it sound good too. The cell bit n the riverside bit it was very natural. Like he just need to call her that. From the heart. 

iv widget

Edited by SnT
Removed quoted videos
  • Heart Eyes 1

I have completely lost interest in Duke Ahn. 
Ar first I kinda like him but the moment he started hating Duke Su for what happened to his mom. I just felt he was not significant anymore.  After watching episode 13-15 I wished they had paired him with Zhu’er because they both stupid. Instead of investigating fully what really happened all those years ago and relying only on RuYi Pavilion was his biggest mistake. 
How many of you feel like the death of the Empress and the Dowager Empress was a staged. I bet you Duke Su had nothing to do with it. 

@40somethingahjumma @abs-oluteM @SnT

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

52 minutes ago, Kana said:

All eng subs for this week's trailers are out. Crazy really, looks like we're ginna have happy moments again before they throw all the bombs😆😆😆😆

At least we hv 6 episodes of joy. Looks like this week is ❤️❤️❤️... Hehe.... Before the bombs.. But cam still hope the joy last longer. Only thing is bedroom bit probably slow to progress. Let us hope it is not until ep 38 to fimish the deed haha.... Trailer looks likevFR is pretty receptive.... Both looks willing. She looked her pissed at him needing go back to work 😜😜😜maybe still trust issues. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I have completely lost interest in Duke Ahn. 
Ar first I kinda like him but the moment he started hating Duke Su for what happened to his mom. I just felt he was not significant anymore.  After watching episode 13-15 I wished they had paired him with Zhu’er because they both stupid. Instead of investigating fully what really happened all those years ago and relying only on RuYi Pavilion was his biggest mistake. 
How many of you feel like the death of the Empress and the Dowager Empress was a staged. I bet you Duke Su had nothing to do with it. 

@40somethingahjumma @abs-oluteM @SnT

Zhuer maybe tried to make life nasty for FR via Huai wan, XJ brother. I think it all has to do  throne contention.. Empress n XP mother died same time.. All blames go to XJ. I bet the young XJ overturned the candle holder but maybe got some murder behind the scene. Hard to say. But ahn wan excuse for revenge is too lame. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

In one of the wedding scenes, did y'all notice Xu jin wasn't the groom? Saw one in the previews where Xuan ran away with Wu bai xi while the people in the wedding looked on haha

2 hours ago, SnT said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHF0eJ-BJ1h/?igshid=1suf52wiu8dfu

This must the scene he saves her from the coffin trap. Yeahhhhh..... 

Apart from getting wed how mny times, was wondering if she gets into a coffin three times too😆😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Episode  18-19 proved that the Emperor is just plain DUMB.  Check spoiler tag why He called his son Rebellious. I am like which action of his seemed REBELLIOUS. He must be confusing his children up . Smh smh smh 

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295abf35e29699a40dd8

Consort Shue isn’t dumb , she actually has a brain and knows this is out of chador her own child. She didn’t even raise him but she knows him better than her own DUMB HUSBAND . Smh I was shocked to see this . Emperor does care but he just doesn’t know how to show it. Hmm This thought came up ans felt daddy must have been jealous that he isn’t the only person his son would die for. He seems a bit jealous . 

Spoiler

Although he shows he cares he hated that Fu Rong was still on his brain. After receiving his punishment  Lol lol lol Ofound this hilarious. 

Hmm I wonder is Duke Huai also dumb, does he really hate his brother. This character really confuses me. 

• Heart Eyes 1

@UnniSara guess he's blinded by revenge for his mom's death or whatever. There's no reasoning with him I guess, he's just doing things according to his emotions. And he hates that his brother seems to be covering up incidents surrounding the fire that killed his mom. There might be something else more sinister behind that though apart from the fact that xu jin knocked out the candle holder. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

0:35 

I am Zhang Zhehan. I play Xu Jin in the drama whose identity is that of Prince Su. 

0:41

This person Xu Jin is long-suffering, calm, tends to be a little hot blooded. On the outside he seems cold and emotionless

He is loyal and righteous. 

0:59

I have included my own ideas for the character ["It should be like this". "I'm giving you all the first clue"]

1:13

As for similarities, perhaps we tend to be persistent

[In the scene he's demanding to know where Fu Rong is]

[Tells fellow actor that he needs to fine tune the sequence of words]

1:35

As far as the script is concerned, at the start of his relationship with Fu Rong, he thought that she was an enemy. Eventually their relationship gradually becomes that of lovers.

1:44

He is not very good at sweet talking but he will use actual actions to protect others.

1:52

The scene that is most memorable and difficult was the rescue at Qing Feng stockade. I had to fight for days before finally managing to save her.

[Comments that it was really heavy after shooting the coffin opening scene]

2:26

To be frank, this is the longest drama that I’ve ever filmed. 

2:30

I'm hoping it's done well giving the audience a feeling of perfection. Hopefully everyone will like it.

@UnniSara

In defence of the emperor he needs to be careful of the political optics or fallout that come about from Xu Jin's actions. Believe it or not he does walk a fine line in trying to maintain order as the ruler. Everyone including XJ knows the consequences of breaking the law. He was prepared to take the consequences and front up. I personally thought the emperor did give his "wilful" son a fair hearing in the end. We can't entire blame the emperor for being angry that XJ ran off with a fugitive without any explanation and he as the man in charge can't be seen to favour his own son when he flouts the laws. It's not right. While they aren't exactly operating under the rule of law that democratic societies operate under... there is an element of that at play here. I'm sure he expects a lot more from XJ as well and it does seem rather uncharacteristic of him to behave so "recklessly".

Consort Shu has had the benefit of having met FR prior so she has an inkling that there must be a good reason why XJ chose to take such a drastic course of action. She's a kindly sort anyway. Reasonable and with no arrogance. She doesn't have anything to prove.

I actually think the show set-up the entire scenario reasonably well and it's one of the reasons why I respect the way this show is made. It doesn't side step important political implications even if there's romance and humour. But I also understand why XJ took the measures he did because the chief investigating officer was unreliable and corrupt. There was no other way to protect to FR. His hand was forced and knew it. This was his way of being able to kill two birds with one stone.

It's not entirely clear to me either what the story with the fifth prince is. He's always quick to blame his brother when things don't go well. It feels like he hates his brother just for being a jinx bringing ignominy to him and his mother. To me he comes across as being simplistic and immature. He hasn't got all the facts and jumps to conclusions. At this point he's pretty one dimensional.

I am also of the opinion that there was more to the temple burning than has been officially stated. XJ may have knocked over the candle and started the fire but the death of Xu Ping's mother might have come about from other means. And all of the rubbish about him being a jinx... I don't know but it sounds so dodgy to me. I can't help feeling that people have been plotting against him and his mother since he was a kid because he is special rather than a jinx.

Re: Previews

I'm wondering why there's so much tentativeness about their sleeping together. Is it because of what she tried to do on the wedding night? Is he giving her space? Or has he become unsure of her feelings?

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHF3sR5lrwY/?igshid=1e0s1pg8p46d5

Ep 19. Looks like emperor daddy only allow her to be chefei. Arrrghhhh....i was right he din think highly of FR. XJ prob just accept it n ti him it doesn't make a difference because his one heart is hers n as claimed here, she will be his only consort. N in all the previews 21 to 24, he called her wangfei. Title given to official first wife. I just hoped he did not end up marrying a zhengfei. In one of the trailer a servant ran in n tell her he is taking a zhengfei n she cried n walked in the rain.. With ahnwan trying to comfort her. Can someone reassure me he din marry someone else? Boohooo..... 

• Insightful 2

@40somethingahjummai think she was kidnapped by the chengwan gang n xindu marquis n his son (her supoosedly ex fiance). N being kept in a coffin. Poor thing. In one of the bts jjy mentioned that she cried in the coffin even though it was a short closing. Must be so frightening.. Wonder why was she in the wedding dress. Doesnt look like she is marrying XJ in those shots. Marrying ahnwam maybe. Because XJ want to marry someone else?

N there is a shot of falling off cliff too. FR was w another bride (her sister or zhu er or that xihe, anyone know?? ) in opening soundtrack. Then in some trailer she fall w the bride but He jumped to get her n that bride was left hanging on the cliff. 

Previews 21 to 24 about sleeping together. Must be the wedding drama. He is worried she doesn't trust or love him n she prob want his forgivemess. But i thought ep 23 she almost kill herself to heal him of the made up story cold toxin by mr Ge. Doesn't that prove her feelings to him. Come on XJ she is ur wife. Get on w the act please. Seal the deal. Don be like another yunxi ti wait till ep 47 to get it done... 🙄

Emperor is a good guy in heart but he is doing his best to listen to everyone. He mistakenly trust his brother too. I think he trust XJ, but when he did the jail break, he was so angry w his recklessness. I m sure 3 sons are all throne contenders. He want all 3 sons to hv good character, good intelligence very importantly rational n able to balance things. One of them will be a future ruler. He says i cant believe he (xj) is a chin zhong (a man who fall flat for a woman or let a woman cause his downfall) meaning he always thought this son is logical practical n rational n his action w FR disappoint him so much. But in the end even though he gave xj a sound thrashing, he also give them another hearing at court w him listening. It spoke volume.. N only punished FR for jail break by cutting 3 months of her dad salary n asking her go home n copy the women behaviour book. I think he finds her cute too but was trying to be stern.. He is sure his son has fallen for her but still think she is not a good influence or candidate for him. I think he thinks very highly of this 4th son. So funny at the end of ep 18 he goes.... U, come back to Palace w me!!! Like a dad to a naughty son after daddy solve ur mess.  Quite cute. To me emperor role is different. He cannnot side anyone. So he appears cold all the time. Sending him To border could be a protection. His birth mother is lower concubine n cannot protect her son n she is a gentle one too. So empress took over. That is best protection. In those days raised by empress is higher prestige compared to other prince. So conspiracy to rid XJ is not unlikely. But unfortunately she died. When shu fei has huai wan later i m sure her position is already elevated because she has 2 sons. So she get to keep 5th son. 

Huai wan is raised by his birth mum. He loves his mum so much n doesnt understand why he is cold to their mum. To him why is mum hung up over XJ. Of course he doesn't understand motherly love. But i feel him siding his bro. He complained about XJ n how xj causes mayhems in town (with jushui incident) but at crunch time he never join XM n he asked his dad to be kinder to XJ n offer to go catch him. He knows he will not harm him like others who go look for him. He is a young brother of some sort who likes to complain to mum n dad about his older brother. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
1 hour ago, SnT said:

Huai wan is raised by his birth mum. He loves his mum so much n doesnt understand why he is cold to their mum. To him why is mum hung up over XJ. Of course he doesn't understand motherly love. But i feel him siding his bro. He complained about XJ n how xj causes mayhems in town (with jushui incident) but at crunch time he never join XM n he asked his dad to be kinder to XJ n offer to go catch him. He knows he will not harm him like others who go look for him. He is a young brother of some sort who likes to complain to mum n dad about his older brother. 

I concur with you here. I do think that the younger bro is baffled by the emotional wall that XJ puts up .He may not be able to understand the impact on one's psyche & emotions  of being separated from your own birth mother as he had the benefit of being raised by their mother unlike XJ.  Nevertheless, I do think he is protective of XJ for mum's sake & after all blood is thicker than water. The only thing that I would look out for in terms of potential conflict between the brothers is where the women are concern. The younger bro is attracted to FR's ex best friend ( forgot her name) , and i know ex bestie is still angry at FR . 

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The scene that is most memorable and difficult was the rescue at Qing Feng stockade. I had to fight for days before finally managing to save her.

[Comments that it was really heavy after shooting the coffin opening scene]

Thanks so much for the translations .  :wow:This scene has not been shown yet right? It's nice to see them do a fair bit of their own action scenes.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1