The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

1 minute ago, UnniSara said:

A jealous ML is awesome @40somethingahjumma @NiteWalker because they become shameless.  I will say this , I love the jealousy trope only when I feel the there is real love  between the couple. If not it disgust me

lets see....that wasnt jealousy....it was more like she / he felt that the person belong to them when from the beginning the ML / FL never so much as indicated that she / he like them in return 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ehhhh can IQIYI please drop the episodes for Malaysia soon. I am willing to subscribe. I will drink one less bubbletea or something. :laugh:

OOo so on weibo someone put in some spoiler scenes - not sure if they are pre-released clips. 

She saves him for the 1st time?

And the BTS I was talking about earlier, someone put it on YT

Spoiler

@NiteWalker is the drama schedule ..what does it say?

Edited by abs-oluteM
Removed blocked video
  • Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@40somethingahjumma hv you started ? I was supposed to but didn’t ’hv enough time . Watching too  many dramas :shocked:
———

ZZH looks great in these stills 

second OST / MV with more spoiler scenes 

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM

Yeah, I've seen the first two. Doesn't look too bad. No big intro... just right into the thick of things. It does have a different feel. Probably a bigger budget and different storyline. Feels a tad more serious than Yunxi (although that got pretty serious too). I imagine that they will be as much or more palace politics in this.

Zhang Zhehan looks to be playing the fourth prince. Hehehe. Emperor's son. People are trying to assassinate him most likely because of an army rations scandal where he summarily executed a general  for siphoning off the goodies.

I don't do a lot of weekday dramas currently so I can play around with my dramas.:smile:

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

okie my first impression so far...

I love the rapport and also the reunion in between Ju JingYi and Zhang ZheHan had made this series into one of the most awaited series in my list :heart: they still have the touch and each portray a different characters and the flow so far is interesting....

not overly done......the story are plotted differently, its the same.....ZheHan maintain the image of a stoic cool looking warlord who is on the mission to discover who had been stealing off the coffers for the military....

their first encounter is nicely done too and we didnt have to wait for long to see FuRong and XuJin meeting each other..... 

definitely going to continue watching hahaha.....i wont say much first since there are still alot of ppl who yet to watch???

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 2

@40somethingahjumma lol! I also screenshot it and was laughing my head off - even in Yun Xi he had all these scars. I have to say though that ZZH looks even better here. Am not sure if it was nicer costumes or what, but he had this stronger presence to him. With age , he's become manlier . :smile:

-------------------------

So I caught the 1st episode and it does feel like a more polished production. Plot seems more serious too as we are shown that Fu Rong gets these premonitions / dreams that show her these impending tragedies.  Her curious or perhaps reckless nature ( helpful or meddlesome - subject to one's interpretation)  meant that she got into the thick of action with  Duke Su's attempted assassination and ended up saving him .[ I think it  should be Prince Su right - even with my elementary Mandarin skills I think some of the translation is confusing.]  I didn't mind it though - at least we got to see some cute tropey scenes and their chemistry is still evident. 

Spoiler

So is second lead some famous critic ? Is he some well-known scholar or writer himself that others wanted his approval over their writing . I laughed at the "fan meeting" and "passes" they had .. but anyway, we're also shown that he knows Fu Rong as a child.  I wonder though if he is related to Prince Su - cause in MDL I found out his name is Xu Ping. So are they brothers? hmmm

@NiteWalker @40somethingahjumma Overall it was a decent 1st eps and I am excited at the part where she dreams she'll have to marry him  :Uwu:- will it be contract marriage ? Don't mind that trope too, which was used in Legend of YunXi. Funnily, I don't get  a lot of YunXi vibes ..the story feels quite different.

@movingwheel @Lynne come watch. @UnniSara how was it so far?

• Haha 2

btw @40somethingahjumma i just re-read the synopsis......its happen that XuJin also had the abilities to foreseen a dream....just like FuRong....however he will intend to change the destiny of the dream and he share the same dream of burying FuRong after marriage.....

is that maybe why he divorce / propose to take another as a bride before taking her to avoid the tragedy of burying her after their marriage as what they had dream?

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

First episode impressions Amazing

I have to agree @abs-oluteM the production seemed more polish and the cast are doing a marvelous job. It is all about talent for this drama. 
Fu Rong does love her family. Her father truly doesn’t know what to do with her meanwhile her mom spoiles her. Her sister tries to be stern but she still find a way to get away from being punished.  

Fu Xuan does love her sister wishes her sister wasn’t so wild. They have a cute little brother. He is going to spoiler by his sisters. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2994a3b610ea160a98f3

Spoiler

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f2994a3b610ea160a98f3

I don’t know about the rest of you. I AM GOING TO HAVE MALE LEAD AND SECOND LEAD SYNDROME. What am I going to do :Uwu::cry:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f295d543220a0a9750419

• Haha 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

3 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

I don’t know about the rest of you. I AM GOING TO HAVE MALE LEAD AND SECOND LEAD SYNDROME. What am I going to do :Uwu::cry:

sighhhhhhhh

the 2nd lead is the uncle.....the emperor's brother....and it seems like he had something to hide......he might not be as good as he appear....

he also happen to be one of FuRong childhood friends too

• Insightful 2
Just now, NiteWalker said:

he also happen to be one of FuRong childhood friends too

I noticed that too :cry: . What can we do?? I would root for them both, if I could ?? 

• Haha 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

eeekkkk @NiteWalker I saw the write-up on MDL too...yikes. Ok angst ahead...

Am done with eps 2 ...overall I think the pacing is quite good. We get to see the power struggles and palace politics that Xu Jin faces. I can't tell at this moment if 2nd lead Uncle [Xu Ping] approves of Xu Jin being in charge of the Imperial Guards or not. There were times when he seems to chide the other siblings for saying bad things about Xu Jin. But he was also going to object when the King appointed XJ to lead the Guards for 3 months. Well friend or foe , I think the nephew & uncle would definitely be on bad terms once they start this love triangle :shocked:

@UnniSara I do like the relationship between the sisters , and clearly Fu Xuan dots on Fu Rong who seem to always get herself into all sorts of troubles.  Maybe for the 1st time , I may pay attention to the 2nd pairing's romance ( I often skip them) - the spoilt brat Marquis Wu Bai Qi and Fu Xuan seem to match quite well too ( think they are all from JJY's agency, I remember them being in Yun Xi ).

So far I don't have SLS . lol!

I laughed when she had to steal his underwear to break this supposed curse.  But I appreciate this creative ways to get the OTP to be in the same scenes. More of them together please...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@NiteWalker Yeah, I saw that too. I'm sure he will have reason for divorcing her especially if they're forced to marry each other despite all the premonitions. 

@abs-oluteM 

It might just be an arranged marriage like it was in YX so neither of them will have much of a say even if they've had foreboding dreams. Often these dreams are partial and out of context. Who knows what they mean in the overall scheme of things?

It looks as if the uncle has dual identities. On the one hand he is a scholar and a renowned literary critic and then in a more formal capacity as the emperor's brother. He does appear to have a childhood connection with Fu Rong. He addresses her by her nickname "Nong Nong". I don't know why if he likes her that much that he hasn't already asked to be match made with her.

Seem like there's some  pre-existing conflict among the princes already although the uncle seems supportive of Prince Su. 

There are things about the story that feels familiar... especially when you've seen dozens of these dramas already but there is a nice mix and match of different tropes with the assortment of characters. With C dramas I usually give it a bit of time to get into gear because they're usually a bit longer than the standard K drama these days. 

But I concur with everyone that the first couple of episodes are decent enough for an introduction of the key characters and it doesn't take forever for the love lines to meet. Better still the pacing is quite good and even in the first two episodes it's clear that things are already brewing. The show at least respects the audience to put pieces together on their own. 

It's good that the show is its own beast and doing different things with the leads while mixing up the rest of the cast. I had the initial whiplash seeing who Fu Xuan was but got used to it soon. Same with the kid who played Tang Li in Yunxi... I like his character here already.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.