The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

@UnniSara

I'd agree that Liu Ruyi is fond of Fu Rong. I'd say that because she has no children of her own, she looks on her as her own daughter... but more than that because I've seen certain spoilers... I think

Spoiler

she wants Rong'er to be her successor to Ruyi Pavilion

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@UnniSara

I'd agree that Liu Ruyi is fond of Fu Rong. I'd say that because she has no children of her own, she looks on her as her own daughter... but more than that because I've seen certain spoilers... I think

Hide contents

she wants Rong'er to be her successor to Ruyi Pavilion

Chingu @40somethingahjumma I agree with you. That is why she gave her the bracelet. She knows Ronger has a good heart and will always do the right thing.  
1. She warned Rong’er to keep her distance from the two Princes.

2.  She dotés on her 

3. When she was sent to Jail, she didn’t want Rong’er involved since she was where she wanted to be from the beginning. 

Liu Ru Yi is always a step ahead of the people she has business with. She is willing to use the bad guys for her own end. She says it is only business but I believe there is more to the RuYi Pavilion because it is a LEGEND. 

I believe that Rong’er will end up running it so that the Legend can continue. 
What does everyone else think? 

Sadly FR was already fated to fall for Duke Su and since she is getting these premonition. It is because she has to live, her family has to live and so does the Duke.

Finally caught up and now I am extremely worried.  So scared that Duke Su will lose his bio family 

Something is bothering me. Are the predictions about preventing or preparing. It seems no matters what happens, tragedy still find Fu Rong. 

Is Fu Rong family targeted or is it just a coincidence?? 

I also wonder if Duke Su’s father love him at all. He doesn’t seem to be a good emperor because so many things seems to be going on behind the scene and he has no knowledge of it. It’s like he has no allies. In other drama’s the Emperor knows there is something fishy going on without being given any hints. 

His Consort is plotting to murder his son? His son is plotting something big that will endanger his people. His son and Consort are looking forward to making lots of money by stealing. They have murdered a lot of people already. They find people secrets or what they desire and use them. These people actually believe what they are doing isn’t terrible at all. 

du Duke An believes he loves his son and is only trying to protect him but I see it differently. His son was neglected and was never asked to return. When his son does return, he pretends to show concern by telling him to go see his mom. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Why can’t people who commit atrocious crimes never admit their faults . Why can’t they be more like him. Accept their fate the right way 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29fd88956e8b3d0b409e

Zho’er brother tried to assinate a prince multiple times for persona gain because he lack the power, the intelligence to move up in the world. Chose the blame the Fu Sister and telling his sister they are Hypocrites for not helping commit “ treason”?? Is that the right word for his crimes .  The anticipation for the next two episode is killing me. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299c99b0e9ea46cf60a7

I wonder who will believe in Fu Rong’er premonition??  Does Prince Su believe? Will Prince An find out about it?

I am at awe at Rong’er father. He knows his daughter personality and what is best for her. A normal marriage but that won’t happe ? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I love Lantern Festival in Cdrama. They are so beautiful and the scenery 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299cbff7ca93c1812f75

our OTP giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299cbff7ca93c1812f75

JYJ has gotten bolder.  
Rong’er told her man he has a nice body and then SY’s Why did her have to die so young??

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299cbff7ca93c1812f75

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Anyone's watched eps 13 & 14 yet...

New stills cr: https://twitter.com/dramapotatoe/status/1321740148103548929?s=20

ElfDp91U4AA75NR?format=jpg&name=large

He is looking good here

ElfDp90VcAAnCWU?format=jpg&name=large

I do like this second romance - quite rare for me as I usually don't pay attention to the subplots in most c dramas. It was heartening that Wu Bai Qi turned his life around and worked hard to get promoted upon overhearing what Fu Xuan said about him. What he needed was someone who believed in him and saw his potentials. 

ElfDp91U0AAedfd?format=jpg&name=large

Xu Ping's anger is clearly misguided. He should realise that Xu Jin was just a child when he caused the fire.

Spoiler

ElfDp90VcAE4_h8?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Eps 13 was pretty eventful .  The romance continues to develop under dangerous circumstances. Not complaining though as some good came out of this ...:smile:

N5N3ZVCi

What tugged at my heartstrings was how Xu Jin tells FR about his backstory.  Poor Xu Jin - has often been told by others that he was a jinx to those around him . And he seemed to believe it too . I liked FR's response to him ; she told him she'd give him half her luck since her family had many blessings upon her birth.  So unlike in Yun Xi , where there was a lot of push and pull because they did start off on a contract marriage ( that was actually quite frustrating some times as much as I enjoy the trope) , I just like that XJ and FR seem to better communicate here. 

A couple of other things struck me as well. I believe FR is having some doubts about her master when she asked  her ( Liu Ruyi ) about trust and the people close to you. I was also quite surprise that Dong took his own life in front of the King. I believe he didn't have a choice since Prince Chen was going to put all the blame on him anyway , and this was probably the only way to protect his son. I felt quite bad that when Xu Jin went to look for his mum, his own brother blamed him for not protecting the uncle. It is as if XJ was responsible for responsible for his uncle's choices. It irked me because it  a lot of folks around him seem to like to blame him for anything bad that happens. :shocked:

Now I am wondering what Duke Ahn/ Xu Ping intends to do with all the explosives that he has offered to buy from Liu Ruyi ? I don't actually think he is interested in extracting the gold. Since his sole purpose would be revenge on Xu Jin, I am wondering what is the use of this? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Eps 14

Hmm so I am beginning to like Duke Ahn less and less. Am I understanding it correctly that he used the explosives to destroy some parts of Jinchang City? From what I understood ,  he cleverly took advantage of the superstitious fear that people had about solar eclipse being a bad omen . He set off the explosives with the help of a greedy official there in order to force the King to confess about the injustice committed there ( it is where the temple is located) . He kept alluding to the King that it may not have been something wrong that was happening now but something that happened in the past. But the King just kept a poker face. This is only going to fuel Duke Ahn's bitterness and anger , which will be eventually misdirected at Xu Jin.

No big development romance wise, but Xu Jin does go and see FR , and was still waiting for her to tell him about the identity of the person who gave her the bracelet. I appreciate that he tells her he trusts her & allows her more time to come to some decision. He does understand that she was placed in a difficult position just like how it was with his Uncle ( Lord Dong). While the King thought it was incompetence by Xu Jin for reporting it so late, we know Xu Jin was trying to find the real reason his uncle , a righteous man, would actually agree to commit such crimes.

It seems like everyone is headed for Jinchang City with FJ sent there on the King's orders to help investigate the matter, FR secretly tailing her master who also went there to find the truth , and of course the annoying Princess headed there to see FJ.  I really can't stand her.  But I expect there to be an interesting confrontation of sorts :popcorn:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

hahahahahaha....

傅容:你一个王爷求娶姑娘,就用一把扇子[doge]

FuRong: You're a prince, asking for a girl hands, you use a fan?

肃王:只扇此一把,此心[心],就此一颗!

PrinceXu: Fan there is only one, heart also only one

hehehehe....nice nice.....totally loving this moment between FuRong and XuJin....Duke An can go one sides pls

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
19 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Oooh new wuxia??

Is he the male lead?? Handsome. Hahaha

What about the story quality? How much do you all rate it from 1 to 10?

its the rave.....RuYi is the reunion of Zhang ZheHan and Ju JingYi who had good chemistry during their collaborations in YunXi....

if u're asking me to judge, the plots and story lines here are really much better plotted and written out....

not to mention their dressing are definitely better

• Thanks 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Alice Wonderland Oooo come watch it . Yes, the guy in your pic is the male lead - Zhang Zhe Han. This main couple ( Zhang Zhe Han & Ju Jing Yi)  was from Legend of Yun Xi & their chemistry was so good that they reunited for this. The story has substance & so far has good balance of romance and palace politics ( nothing too heavy)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we kill off the spoilt Xinhe duchess already... pleazzzz...

Somebody please? Do we even need her... Such an indiscrete troublemaker.

At the very least her mouth should be sewn up.

Fu Rong's take downs were pretty good.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Haha 3

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Can we kill off the spoilt Xinhe duchess already... pleazzzz...

Somebody please? Do we even need her... Such an indiscrete troublemaker.

At the very least her mouth should be sewn up.

Fu Rong's take downs were pretty good.

I am cursing every minute she is on. I really hope that dream of FR doesn't come true or we will be seeing her ordering FR around. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

The show's doing a darn good job making Xu Ping, Prince An increasingly unlikeable. I tried to be sympathetic but his "bad guy plot" is utterly... nonsensical. I don't think the showrunners should feel like they have to make him this ridiculous because the leads' dynamic is solid at its foundations. I like how all their moments together are written, staged and executed. I think the show gets full marks for that at least. It isn't just the chemistry. It's largely the way they interact like kindred spirits and I especially like the fact that Xu Jing doesn't play mind games with her. They have these adult conversations and the production crew does a fine job of framing their moments as if they are in a world all of their own. Whether it's at the gold mine or up in the astrological tower, or previously in the villa, it's a lovely depiction of how they are far from the fray. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 4.15.05 pm

It's not that I don't agree that the emperor is hiding things about the past. Of course he is. Because there are many skeletons in the royal family cupboard that could shake the foundations of the nation. But the people who died in the landslide... don't deserve to be treated like fish food by someone who is taking a supposedly moral high ground about his mother's death. It's a disproportionate response and to be blunt... unhinged and idiotic. There are bigger things to consider than a whiny prince throwing a tantrum because he can't get the emperor to loosen his lips. He seems to a smart man, why not try other means... that don't involve so much collateral damage to get to the truth. I feel like someone needs to tell him to grow up.

I feel for Fu Rong even while I acknowledge her tendency to lurch into things beyond her capacity. She's essentially a sheltered kid who's discovering that the world is bigger and people are much more complex than she thought. It's not entirely her fault because her parents brought up her deliberately sheltering her from the political side of things. But obviously there's a downside to all that as well. Her father makes, I think, a really good argument for someone like her not marrying above her station. I don't usually say this but she is ill-equipped to deal with political blowback and fallout from being overly involved with Very Important People. It's a not free society particularly for women even if they're reasonably wealthy. Sometimes I think they only real differences between the peasants and the higher classes, is that the latter has better clothing and better food.

It's also ironic that all this plotting and scheming by Liu Ruyi and Xu PIng is hurting the person they care most about in the world. It is interesting how the show does this. I don't know why people always think that they can continually do the things they do with no ramifications for the people around them when they get caught. Rong'er doesn't plot and scheme except on a petty, childish level but even when she doesn't stick her oar in, she is inevitably drawn into someone's web with much higher stakes.

If she has a fault, it's her naivete. I don't think it's necessarily a fault except that she seems to be in constant company with princes and people in the upper echelons.

The annoying duchess did at least one good thing and got Prince Cheng into trouble for neglecting his royal duties. I don't think Xu Jing would've said anything but he did look faintly amused when he saw his older brother squirm a tad. But I'm holding the sewing needle on standby.

I honestly love Zhang Zhehan in this. I crave more scenes of him although I understand he's a different character in a larger ensemble of vested interests. Here he's not the master strategist that Long Feiye was. I'm not quite sure if it's him or just how Xu Jing is written but either way it's all good. There's nothing haughty about Xu Jing and he hasn't got anything to prove. Aside from the fact that he's reasonably intelligent and his martial arts is top stuff, there is something ordinarily boyish about him. He may wax philosophical from time to time but he just wants to live his life and do his job like a responsible public servant that he seems himself to be.

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 4.11.09 pm

I am so far satisfied with the drama. It's delivering on many fronts. So far it's better than LoYX that it's hard to believe it's been written by the same writer. I think the make-up could be better... a tad overdone but otherwise I have few complaints.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@40somethingahjumma I have blacklisted both the bratty Princess & Duke Ahn.  :shocked: With the latter I was initially quite sympathetic since I know he would meet the fate that all 2nd leads would where he will never gain the girl's heart. [ I am of course relating it to my k drama experiences where the 2nd lead would usually be the nice sweet understanding hero who deserves better. lol!]   But  in eps 15 , the tactics he used to get Xu Jin in trouble just shows that he can be rather vindictive. I won't want him going anywhere near FR . Urggh

What I do like about eps 15 was that it shows that the  trust between FR and XJ goes both ways. In eps 14 XJ said that he trusts FR to come to the right decision . Here FJ did not jump to conclusions about the soldiers kidnapping common women supposedly to satisfy XJ's lust. Even in the bedroom encounter she was smart enough to know this isn't the sort of person he is. You know how in some shows it can be so frustrating because they use stupid misunderstandings to move the plot/ romance. I am glad they are not going that route here. Oh on a side note...she closed her eyes at the kiss ...I don't think she was 100% against it :D

Just to say that I am enjoying the 2nd pairs romance as well ( quite rare TBH). The actors do have  chemistry , and their scenes don't feel like fillers to me. Wu Bai Qi has become more attractive ever since he turned his life around. And I do understand his earlier behaviour now given his back story.

EljuetDVoAAUvlk?format=jpg&name=large EljuetCVoAIWUSk?format=jpg&name=large

I do love how the writer has written the character of both the Fu sisters, and how close they are. FR is bright and cheeky & Fu Xuan is the more level headed & obedient of the two. But both sisters are intelligent & are confident in their own thoughts. They have their own talents / skills and are not written as being obsessed with securing a good marriage which was something we know was priority for most young women then.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@abs-oluteM

I always thought Wu Baiqi was a good kid and believed his had a perfectly good reason for being rude to his father and trashing the old mansion. It was clear to me from the first time that he was someone who's heart was in the right place when he good naturedly agreed to help even though he was soundly beaten by Xu Jin in their duel. He never took any of their run-ins personally. In fact it drove him to do better. So for him to hate his father so passionately, there had to be a really good reason behind it. Especially when we know that his father is the weasley 3rd prince's uncle and co-conspirator.  If you like the opposites attract trope, he's certainly a good match as the bad boy with the heart of gold to the good girl, corset-on-too-tight Fu Xuan. The important thing is that he gets her. It's very shrewd of him to offer her a job as his accountant. She's not as conventional as she likes people to think she is. Even though she doesn't say it, she would also prefer to marry someone of her own choice.

Both romances work really well for me as well. I don't feel the need to compare which is better because each of them serve their purpose for the characters. Baiqi needs a bit of taming and Fu Xuan needs to loosen up. Xu Jin is a lonely kid who thinks he's a harbinger of bad luck and Fu Rong the cheerful optimist seems to be in for a long rough ride ahead. They're all going to have to grow up fast because the future doesn't look good for the sisters.

Well, it's clear to me that Rong'er thinks of Xu Jin rather differently to Xu Ping after recent events. With Xu Ping, he's just a childhood chum. Someone to hang out with and be mischievous with. Or in modern parlance he's been completely friendzoned. I'm sure he won't purposely put her in harm's way but I don't think she'll approve if she finds out about all the naughty things he's been up to. How he intends to justify himself when everything comes to light, will be interesting. :smug: It's making me care about him less and less which is a pity because in general I enjoy a good antihero. But I don't feel if he's even that. I hope I don't need to start leaving the room every time he comes on. 

There seems to be a theme going with reference to what makes good people do bad things. That was certainly exemplified by Minister Dong and Liu Ruyi. And may be even Prince An. I don't know if Liu Ruyi is or was a good person... she did have a conscience of sorts about what happened during the eclipse but she was selectively good. There's also no denying that she traded on other people's secrets. Perhaps that's part of the naivete of Fu Rong... to look simplistically at the world in those categories "good" vs "bad". But it's also the fault of those that she's trusted to give her a false sense of security that what she's seeing is what she's getting. It's not outright pretence but it's not the whole picture. Their sincerity towards her is genuine but so is the deception. The truth is though, no matter how good Xu Ping or Liu Ruyi is to her it doesn't make them "good" people. Everyone can be good to the people they like and love. That's easy. 

Even if someone's "good" to begin with perhaps with the right triggers and given the right opportunity they start going off the rails. 

JJY and ZZH clowning around. Cute little Guan Ge cackles with laughter when ZZH makes a mistake with his name and JJY corrects him.

She asks him in the next sequence why he's laughing. He says it's because she's good at bragging. (I can't hear the rest too well)

ZZH accuses JJY of being drunk but she says she isn't and is just happy. He starts reciting poetry and she says that he's cultured.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Thanks loads for the BTS explanation @40somethingahjumma

I am glad that I can enjoy both sets of romances. So far I have not skipped any scenes for this drama. [I confess I do that sometimes with some of the c-dramas.} I do like the way the story is being developed - it flows well.

Eps 16 - wasn't surprise with the turn of events given that I had seen the preview. Poor FR - RuYi was not just her mentor but was like her mother. On top of being falsely accused of killing her master ,she's left with wondering what sort of person the latter  was. 

Bed scene BTS :smile:

@NiteWalker what is this about? Most searched artist?

I like this new poster

Elkp4IJVgAAwVzF?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Ep17 & 18 things are definitely warming up. But need  to wait for another few days for new episodes.. Arrrghhh... Any fans here have spoilers or updates??? 😅😅

XJ here is very likeable here in ruyi pavillion. He is more expressive than Long fei ye in yunxi. One can actually read when he started to like her and start falling in love throughout the episodes. So i think ZZH acting is good. But JJY acting is a quite flat like same throughout the episodes till now. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Apparently there are some dream sequences that someone dug up about what happens after marriage. I'm off to visit in-laws but if anyone needs translation I'll be back for it. I'll so write more about last night's episodes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1

Hi @SnT . Welcome to the thread & JangHaven. :heart:

Love  ZZH’s delivery here as Xu Jin .  It’s completely different from Long Feiye . FY was tsundere & was like an ice block. And he was forced into the marriage hence the defensive wall he built where his emotions were concerned.  Here XJ  says what he feels & pursues her . 

Thanks for the spoiler @40somethingahjumma. Pls translate if you have time . 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Apparently there are some dream sequences that someone dug up about what happens after marriage. I'm off to visit in-laws but if anyone needs translation I'll be back for it. I'll so write more about last night's episodes.

She had dreamt that she will be buried alive in line with the royal tradition to follow n keep ur royal hubby company in death. That ia why since ep1 she wanted to avoid him. Maybe those scenes are too dark n against some principles so they got sensored. 

when she was drunk she always say he will die young n she diesnt want to die with him (ep4 when he piggyback her from brothel, ep 10 is the summer hut when she said why u are u so good looking n have a good body but need to die young, haha). But i think so far her dreams did not all come true. Her sister did not marry n die of childbirth n her brother did not have chicken pox but actually was poisoned but was saved by XJ doctor). 

I hope this is about the theme of u can change ur destiny if u hv the will. But i read some comment. The story book was saying she had a second chance to live her life (so those are her prev lifes) but the drama makes it into premonition dreams of predictions. So we r alk confused. One thing for sure after LoY. No 0ne wants a open ending or sad emding for this two. The scriptwriter n director better take note haha.... Serious warming here. 😉😉😜😜

4 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Hi @SnT . Welcome to the thread & JangHaven. :heart:

Love  ZZH’s delivery here as Xu Jin .  It’s completely different from Long Feiye . FY was tsundere & was like an ice block. And he was forced into the marriage hence the defensive wall he built where his emotions were concerned.  Here XJ  says what he feels & pursues her . 

Thanks for the spoiler @40somethingahjumma. Pls translate if you have time . 

@abs-oluteMtq. Its so hard to watch n need to wait for new episodes.. So it ia nice to chit chat w an active group to ease the thirst haha... Very nice discussion board here. Love it. 

Edited by SnT
Removed quoted twitter image
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1