The Bloom at Ruyi Pavilion 如意芳霏 [2020]

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Same with the kid who played Tang Li in Yunxi.

Oh it is coming back to me now. He was the younger bro to Long FeiYe. I do like that they both got off the wrong foot here since it is  bound to lead to some bromance later on

This is quite addictive - I went on to watch eps 3 ...

We finally got to see who Fu Rong was engaged to , and obviously he won't stand much of a chance ...ahaha . I mean , we don't seriously need a love quadrangle here. FR's meddlesome ways are often based on good intentions , and her intuition was right about Fu Xuan's fiancé to be. Since he is involved in the corruption cases that Xu Jin is investigating , I am guessing this will be how FR and XJ will end up working together to expose the corruption and save her sister from marrying the wrong guy. ( The good thing is that so far I am still able to keep up with the palace politics and how it is all linked despite being introduced to more characters) . 

I still wanna see more of FR-XJ. I do enjoy the bickering because that is part of the charm for this pair This writer wrote Legend of YunXi too , so I think she is well aware of what works for ZZH & JJY scenes. The only thing I hope the writer remembers is to give a clear definite happy ending  :smug:. This is not fantasy , so it won't be so hard to write one without compromising the plot . 

@NiteWalker wow to the ratings. But I already knew that this would be a hit as the buzz for this one is strong

edit to add : I finish eps 4 too. Yes , I had to stop myself . This eps had some really nice OTP moments. At least they’ve cleared the air - he knows she’s no assassin & is just concerned for her sister.  For a couple that is far from being friends they sure have a lot of body to body contact :cool:.  
The revelation for me here is that QiXe is the person executing the orders to kill Prince Su . So I wonder who gave him the  orders ? Hmm could it be the 2nd lead ? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I'm not sure what the fuss with the so-called second male lead, Xu PIng is. I doubt I'll be suffering pangs of 2ML syndrome. :smug: I don't feel that he has that much chemistry with Fu Rong to get me that excited or worried. At least with Merxat I could see it and his character had a streak of mischief to him. But this guy feels world-weary and... dare I say it... old especially when Fu Rong is such a girlish free spirit. Next to her, he does seem like a a very old soul. I don't see him as any real competition unless they're going for a Sense and Sensibility storyline here. :P 

But seriously, I think his real role here is to support Fu Rong and protect her where possible.

The thing I like about Zhang Zhehan in this drama is even though he plays a relatively serious character here, Xu Jin is not entirely humourless. And he comes across youthful though charismatic. The smirk is good especially when it comes out to play with Wu Baiqi, who is also a great character by the way. Xu Jin isn't Long Feiye at all. It's very subtle and there are all these little things that ZZH does in these last four episodes that give me an entirely different vibe. He's cautious and circumspect but not unreasonable. He catches on quickly and as a whole seems to be a decent judge of character. I was impressed that he realised quickly that Wu Baiqi is actually capable but really just bored and haven't been given enough opportunities to show his competence.

I feel the same thing about Fu Rong. I've seen a fair bit of criticism of the character but it seems to me that she's a smart kid with ADHD. She's bored out of her mind and she's a cleverish girl living in ancient China where girls are supposed to be demure and know their place. She's essentially a fish out of water. It's true that she's a bit of a busybody for someone who can't exactly look after herself but her instincts are reasonably good.

I've only watched the first four episodes so far and I am enjoying what I'm seeing. 

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma zero SLS from me .  ZZH has this presence to him and the more episodes I watch , the more I love the way his character has been written.  I completely agree with what you say about FR. I did read some comments out there about how reckless she is or that she is always getting into trouble , but I do think it is because she is always trying to help or protect someone.

---------------------------

Did I say how much I laughed at this scene in eps 4 . I am usually not a fan scenes where the FL gets drunk ( It really is overused) ...but this turned out quite funny 

Spoiler

I am done with eps 5 and 6 

I think it was revealed in eps 4 that FuRong was best buddies with Qi Ce's sister Qi Zhu who was preparing to get married. Qi Zhu is unaware of her brother's misdeeds. Eps 5 focused on Qi Ce's capture that included a scene with FR and FY confronting him at the brothel and had a scene that was so cute . FR almost lost her life when Qi Ce struck a sword out but our Xu Jin saved her.

Spoiler

As it was too soon to actually capture Qi Ce, Xu Jin pretended to be FR's lover & called her on 1st name basis ,hugged her  and tried to pretend that she was angry with him for coming to places like this.  :smug:   Fortunately both sisters caught on , and didn't reveal that they know Qi Ce was involved in the assassination. One of the things I do really love about these two sisters is that their close bond meant they read each other well . They are pretty sharp and intelligent. 

After the capture of Qi Ce later in the episode, we had a scene of Xu Jin visiting his mum and this was a highlight for me . It was shown that he was terribly distant as if they were strangers . And it broke my heart to find out why - I cannot remember which episode it was but I think it was eps 6, he told FR that it was because at 12yrs old , when the then Empress was dying he was sent to some monastery to pray for her & unfortunately she died . So he was sent to the frontiers/ borders to serve in the army. Growing up all his life in the barracks,  he is an army man true & true, and no wonder he was very particular when he 1st took over the imperial guards.  I also think this is partly the reason why despite his status as a prince , he does not seem to be fully welcomed and he himself does not seem particularly comfortable either. He does mention too that he always prefers a life out there in the wilderness ( which shows he has no intentions to take over the throne - though the others for some reason seem to think he is a threat) , and I wonder if this is some foreshadowing of their life in the future.

Eps 6 mainly focused on how Qi Zhu started blaming FR for being the reason her bro ended up in jail  , the breaking of their friendship , the development of scenes between FY and Wu Bai Qi and some back story of 2nd lead Xu Ping missing his mum with FR subsequently comforting him. Not exactly my favourite episode as I wanted more development between the main leads.  

As I saw a bit of eps 7 when I was so sleepy , I am a bit mixed up .I think we do see which prince it was that is behind the assassination  orders. Think I'll have to re-watch that again

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The thing I like about Zhang Zhehan in this drama is even though he plays a relatively serious character here, Xu Jin is not entirely humourless. And he comes across youthful though charismatic. The smirk is good especially when it comes out to play with Wu Baiqi, who is also a great character by the way. Xu Jin isn't Long Feiye at all. It's very subtle and there are all these little things that ZZH does in these last four episodes that give me an entirely different vibe. He's cautious and circumspect but not unreasonable. He catches on quickly and as a whole seems to be a decent judge of character. I was impressed that he realised quickly that Wu Baiqi is actually capable but really just bored and haven't been given enough opportunities to show his competence.

yes there is more humor and he jib and joke with his subordinate more ... and seems to be more humanize that the last one.....the previous one he didnt really mix well ...he was the boss and servant barrier which is there....here he is the boss however he does mix well with the subordinate and i felt a more like a sense of belonging the surbordinate had with XuJin

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

@abs-oluteM  Ju Jingyu is probably one of the most talented comedic actresses coming out of C dramaland. I don't say this lightly but I find that most Asian actresses really struggle with comedy. They always seem to overdo things and look like they're "acting". Whereas JJY seems really organic in her facial expressions, timing and delivery. That's part of her charm.

6 episodes in, I'm really enjoying this drama. It's actually better than I expected. (I was keeping expectations very low) The plot's interesting and there's an interesting cast of characters. It's got all the moving parts going like a well-oiled machine. I think *shock horror* it has the potential to be better than Legend of Yunxi. There's a gravitas to it that I didn't get from Yunxi. It's the first "period" drama since Ancient Detective this year that I don't actually feel I have to shut my brain off to watch.

Wow... the Qi siblings did an about face faster than a race horse. For Qi Ce to call the sisters hypocrites was an absolute slap in the face. He blamed them for his predicament when he was lying and using them as cover for his exploits. The whole time I wondered why he even got involved in with the marquise and the prince in such shady activities. Badly treated and then hung out to dry like salted fish. I think his confession was partly accurate. He was trying to fast track his career so that he could have the best and give his sister the best that money had to offer. He should have known better. Zhu'er being ignorant and silly is more understandable because she's been sheltered all this time. Still, it's obviously the set-up for future confrontations  between the two ladies.

It does bother me when they get the titles wrong. The noisy so-called childhood sweetheart should be a duchess and Xu Jin should be absolutely a prince. I don't know why the subbers keep doing stuff like this. 

So we will get a love polygon. Yikes... Screechy spoilt demanding girls of the noble class.

We've been given the lay of the landscape in such a short space of time. I hope that this doesn't mean they run out of ideas too soon. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma I am waiting for you to watch eps 7 & 8. The plot is a lot more intricate than I expected and there are so many revelations. There's definitely more depth in the storyline than Yun Xi. Right now the focus is to set the back story - so we're thrown bits of information that I am trying to piece together.  I need your insights. I was somewhat overwhelmed ...... :shocked:...

But a few things I think I have figured out ( put here for whoever has not watched the eps)

Spoiler

1. The boss of Ruyi Pavillion is not just running a business - the store is a front for her  organisation that trades important secrets for a price. Secrets that would have political implications. I am confused what it is that she wants from Lord Dong a righteous official known not to take bribes. Dong is Xu Jin's uncle ( or some relative ) from the mum's side and it does seem he has some skeletons to hide. And I suppose this will somehow affect Xu Jin  negatively in some way later on. FR will be shocked when she discovers who her master really is.

2. 10 year's ago, second lead Xu Ping's mother died in the temple fire - Xu Jin was also sent there at that time to pray . He had told FR that he accidentally knocked over a candle that burnt the temple down & killed Xu Ping's mother. The King to protect FR sent him to the borders to train with the army. But Xu Ping finding this out means the beginning of great resentment towards Xu Jin. This will not end well especially when we know the love triangle is going to add fuel to fire.

3. Consort Rui ( or was it Dong) who is Wu Bai Qi's aunt  is the person that got Ruyi's boss in jail in eps 7.  I believe this Consort is the mum of the prince that is plotting against Xu Jin. She is also the one that adopted Qi Zhu. We can slowly see all the folks that are going to go up against our main leads.

4. The ending dream in eps 8 is a premonition of the life that FR will have as the concubine to SJ and urggg that official wife of his is gonna irritate me no end  ( she already did when she appeared for a few seconds in some earlier episode) . I hope they can change this fate . SJ is supposed to also be able to dream things - did he see this too? 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@abs-oluteM

I think you're right on most points. 

Ruyi Pavilion, the jewellery store, is the front for the enigmatic but legendary Ruyi Pavilion that operates as an intelligence broker to interested parties only when the price is right.  The owner's name is Liu Ruyi so in effect she's hiding in plain sight. It seems to me that the owner is hatching some kind of revenge plot that involves a miscarriage of justice/scandal that occurred 25 years earlier in Yizhou when it seems that he was a newly appointed magistrate in the region. Some scholars were implicated in a treason charge after someone played around with their writings. It's not clear what exactly she wants from him just from that conversation.  But she is blackmailing him into cooperating with her using his sickly son and past as leverage. From the crates of sulphur Minister Dong was having wheeled out of the warehouse, it does seem like that's what she's after. For now.

Minister Dong is Xu Jin's uncle... his mother, Consort Shu's older brother.

One other thing to mention is the way the show uses the name ru yi 如意. This was talked about by Fu Rong when she was explaining to Consort Shu the concept of her new headpiece. The word means to find satisfaction or to have one's desire/wishes satisfied. FR touched the consort's heart when she said that she hoped that Ruyi Pavilion would make jewellery that satisfied the desires of the common people. When I looked it up, I discovered that it was the name of a scepter -- which is a symbol of power and good fortune.

The Chinese title is ru yi fang fei which literally means the fragrance of satisfaction or something along those lines. That's doubly fascinating when we consider the fact that FR added a fragrance to the hair piece.

So the claim is that Ru Yi pavilion purports to make jewellery to the satisfaction of their customer. Or provides intel to the satisfaction of the client.

Xu Ping looks heaps better without his mask. The problem with him is that he is carrying around a lot of baggage with regards to his mother's demise. It's understandably a lifelong grievance for him. I personally think there was more to Xu Ping's mother's death than just an accident. After hearing from Fu Rong and Ruyi Pavillion, he believes that the emperor is shielding Xu Jin from culpability for her death by hastily burying his mother and sending him to the border as a child while he and his mother were badly treated. I am inclined to believe that there was more to it than that.  My feeling is that Xu Jin was the scapegoat in a power struggle between members of the harem.  I can't be sure but from the way Consort Duan manipulates and interferes in Consort Shu (Xu Jin's mother)'s affairs, it's a possibility. As mother to a contender to the throne, her first instinct would be to make things easier for her son (Prince Cheng) by dealing with the competition in any way she can. It looks like Prince Cheng and his uncle, the marquise are involved with some illegal business of their own that involves a gold mine. Ruyi Pavilion seems to know about that.

It is a complex web of relationships and Ruyi Pavilion seems to have the goods on all kinds of people judging from the archives that Liu Ruyi is hiding. She's practically the CIA of Dayu. But it's hard to say if she's a villain just yet. I'm sure she has some justification for wanting to mess with members of the royal family.

• Insightful 2

Found this video while browsing on YT... Seems to contain a couple of key spoilers for the future. Portends difficulties ahead for the OTP. Yes... it is related to the love triangle. Watch at your own risk.

I'll put the translation under spoiler tags.

Spoiler

This commentary features a couple of video clips about future happenings. 

Video:

"Hasn't all this been bestowed by Prince Su?"

"He hates Prince Su deep down in his bones."

Fu Rong, a mischievous and extremely clever girl is the daughter of a well-to-do family.  Because she has dreams of her future life, she is determined to change her destiny. During an incident she unexpectedly saves Xu Jin who was in imminent danger. From that moment the two of them are bound by fate. Eventually as they interact with each other time after time they gradually come to like each other. But the course of the story doesn't run smoothly.

Prince An (Xu Ping) can't help but fall in love with Fu Rong. As a result of jealousy he turns ruthless against Prince Su (Xu Jin). He tries to separate the OTP.

Fu Rong and  Xu Jin have a big disagreement and separate.

Video:

"Prince Su has handed down the decree to completely destroy Ruyi Pavilion"

"Ruyi Pavilion isn't as irredeemably wicked as you imagine."

"I am Ruyi Pavilion's new owner/leader"

"Do you want me to arrest you?"

"So be it."

"From this moment on, we are enemies"

Once FR and XJ become enemies, when Prince An finds out he does everything to frame Prince Su. (I'm not 100% sure if I've got the sense of it right)

At this time Prince An is already broken-hearted in the extreme. He has a showdown with Prince Su. In a moment of crisis, FR takes the sword meant for Prince Su.

The two [men] eventually deal with their misunderstanding and get on.

The OTP can once again enjoy sweet moments together.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you @40somethingahjumma 

Can I ask you a spoiler . I am now in episode 6  in the spoiler box

Spoiler

Will Zhu’er become a problem later on ??

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Just now, UnniSara said:

Thank you @40somethingahjumma 

Can I ask you a spoiler . I am now in episode 6  in the spoiler box

Hide contents

Will Zhu’er become a problem later on ??

I'm only up to Episode 8 at this point so I can't say definitively.

But I imagine she will be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @40somethingahjumma .Those spoilers  sounds  so tragic :nervous: 

I watched eps 9. And i think from their scenes Xu Jin is becoming curios about FR , err in a more romantic way. :D . I know it’s far from anything developing , but it’s a start.  

That princess whatever her name is , is so irritating. Gonna drive me nuts if we have to endure more of her in future episodes 

What baffles me though is QiZhu. Clearly she & FR have been the best of friends for the longest time ; surely she knows FR always has her best interest at heart . 

• Like 4

Hello Ruyi watchers!

I am here to share about an upcoming forum game that will be part of Jang Haven's upcoming 100th day celebrations!

This game is organised by members, with members, for members and staff to get to know one another better! Check out this thread for more information to sign up!

P/S: If you stumbled across Jang Haven recently, come join us and start chatting about the dramas you are watching. So many good ones this season that we can't stop talking about! :MewWave:

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

@abs-oluteM You'll love Episodes 11 and 12.. I guarantee it.

The show goes from strength to strength... I am so glad and relieved that it's developing into something that feels like quality. It's clear that the production team aren't just relying on the strength of Ju Jingyi and Zhang Zhehan's chemistry to sell this and carry them through. Thankfully, there's substance here and the plotting is tight. Best of all, it does good things with its ensemble cast. This show isn't just about Xu Jin and Fu Rong. 

Xu Ping  or Prince An is a good looking kid but it seems like fate isn't on his side with regards to Fu Rong. He buys a red thread bracelet to give to FR but first she's a no-show then someone knocks it off his grasp. Even now that they're doing the buddy buddy thing, it's really all just friendship on her side. To be frank, biases aside, the two of them don't give off any kind of romance vibes... they come across as siblings or chums most of the time. Besides, he is melancholy fellow who is plotting revenge against Xu Jin and his family for his mother's death. I honestly can't relate to his character even though as a rule I enjoy a good antihero. Even if Xu Jin knocked over a candle and burnt down the temple and his mother along with it, he was just a kid and he spent the better part of 10 years of his life away from his mother and a life a luxury. Besides, he's probably got the wrong end of the stick. He should be directing his venom towards the emperor. So... he comes across more as a whiny kid. A smart one nonetheless. 

As far as I'm concerned nothing can beat the Yunxi OTP. There's really no competition. None at all. Love polygon or not. Their chemistry is palpable in every scene whether they're bickering, clowning around, looking sheepish or being serious. They replicate the magic seemingly effortlessly. Besides Zhang Zhehan has a million dollar smile. He's doing a commendable job with the role particularly in his interactions with FR and the cutie pie little brother, Guan Ge. He seems really good with the kids as also seen in his manner with his cousin. Xu Jin is not Long Feiye... he does not hold back in showing emotions when warranted. The more I see of him, the more I like how his character is written. He is someone who roots for the underdog and stands with the vulnerable. He is perceptive, generous, savvy and deeply thoughtful. I chalk it up to his military experiences being at the border, away from his mother and the capital. He's probably seen real suffering and hardship out in remote areas. It's not hard to see why he's drawn to FR who's a bit of a free spirit and often dives into things feet first. 

There's a cute scene when a grateful FR says to XJ that she will be a cow and horse in her next life to repay his kindness. The subbers don't go the literal route and viewers miss the full force of the humour. He then repeats it back to her later to remind her of that promise.

It is good at least that the air has been cleared between the two of them. She now knows that he's not the bully that she thought he was. 

Yeah, the owner of Ruyi Pavilion, Liu Ruyi is a dubious individual at best. While she may be fond of  Rong'er, it is disturbing that she trades on people's secrets and selling them to others while manipulating their weaknesses. She comes across no better than a high end, well-informed blackmailer. Yes, she may have helped Minister Dong's son recover but she also put him in an untenable position first. It's a testament to the show's pacing that FR has cottoned on quickly.

I am really impressed with Wang You Shou who plays Wu Bai Qi. I hadn't realised watching him in Yunxi that he was such a good actor. That cocky bad boy with a heart gold thing he has going is very convincing. Hehehe. It was good seeing him training harder after he overheard Fu Xuan saying a few complimentary things about his potential.

I don't know why we have to put up with yet another bratty, overindulged female of the royal family. For someone who wasn't actually born into the royal family, she sure knows how to throw her weight around with no thought to what's going around. She's such a caricature. Unless she grows up fast, I think any man deserves to be inflicted with her.

Dad seems to be a caring father. He understands FR better than he seems. He's genuinely concerned that if she marries wrongly she would end up miserable. Speaking of which, I thought the elaborate scheme to get out of the marriage with that mummy's boy was a bit over-the-top.

Did I say that Guan Ge is a cutie pie? Nothing like an adorable kid to bring the OTP closer together.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 10/24/2020 at 5:33 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

As far as I'm concerned nothing can beat the Yunxi OTP. There's really no competition. None at all. Love polygon or not. Their chemistry is palpable in every scene whether they're bickering, clowning around, looking sheepish or being serious. They replicate the magic seemingly effortlessly. Besides Zhang Zhehan has a million dollar smile. He's doing a commendable job with the role particularly in his interactions with FR and the cutie pie little brother, Guan Ge.

I seriously melted here.:wow:   ..this was towards the end of eps 10 , when he helped chase the geese away & little Guan Ge held his hand. Agree that no one beats the chemistry of ZZH and JJY - they still give the same magic the way they did in YunXi.

MzlY0kr.png

Eps 10 made me much happier than eps 9 . Love the last bits of eps 10 because I can tell this is the start of something. He somewhat smoothly invited himself over to her summer home & she made an excuse to follow him around. Lol! Clearly two-way attraction here.  Another highlight was at the beginning when FR cleverly got herself out of this "engagement" thing with that Marquis's son. That guy and his awful mother also annoyed me. Thankfully she is no longer a suitable candidate since she supposedly cannot bear male heirs . It will be cute if at the end she and Xu Jin have a few boys :laugh:

edit : You're right about eps 11 & 12...so good. The best so far. So much focus on them and the start of something. I got more to say, but I am so sleepy now- could not stop myself from watching all the eps. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Awesome 1

Indeed eps 11 and 12 are the best so far especially where the main romance is concern. There were so many beautiful moments that I know in the future when the angst hits, I will have to re-watch these moments for comfort.

I love the scenes with that cute little brother of hers, and I can imagine Xu Jin being a dotting father . He was also very sweet with his Uncle's son.  And how he ended up in the village  wasn't just some plot device  so that they can start something off. It does tie into the greater scheme of things with Xu Jin trying to uncover the corruption that is going on. Su Jin is really put in a hard place now - his uncle is not only involved in the smuggling of the sulphur etc - he tried to kill Guan Ge. 

This was part of one of my favourite scenes because, we know she finally discovers that it was him that had been quietly sending things to Ruyi Pavilion when she was busy trying to save her master. Xu Jin is thoughtful and romantic , and does it quietly . :hearties:  

giphy.gif

@40somethingahjumma ZZH has really impressed me in these 12 episodes. In Yun Xi he was a lot more stoic , probably because the role called for it. Still remember how we called him the ice-block then .Here he has to be restrained as well , but there's something warm & thoughtful  about his character that ZZH has been able to translate across the screen. I appreciate that he never overacts and that you can clearly see his emotions. 

I am concern about the mark that is now painted on her forehead. She had the same mark in her dreams. Errr is it really impossible to change fate? She did save him right the 1st time, that would have changed something?

@UnniSara share some thoughts here.

@movingwheel @Mouse @Lynne  Join us . :D

• Awesome 2
  • Party! 1

@abs-oluteM

I'm not sure if you notice that Fu Rong's premonition about her little brother (Guan Ge) becoming sick wasn't entirely what she thought it was. She thought he would get chicken pox from what she dreamt but on further investigation although the symptoms resemble chicken pox it turned out to be a poisoning event that helped in Xu Jin's investigation.

It may be that this is how we should think about the premonitions. They are snapshots without context. She only sees moments not the whole picture. There may be a lot more going on than meets the eye. 

In those scenes where she sees herself married to Xu Jin and being bullied by that screechy spoilt princess/duchess. I expect there might be more going on behind the scenes. Her initial interpretation or the obvious interpretation of the events might not be completely accurate.

Anyway it seems that despite all their misgivings, they can't help but fall for each other anyway. :smug:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

Hello @abs-oluteM @Lynne

@40somethingahjumma I agree the drama story line just keeps getting better and better. 

I am watching this drama and loving it. Was so busy this weekend and didn't have the time to catch up yet. Have been avoiding reading spoilers. Once I see the spoilers I tend to anticipate that scene so badly. Since  I love the spoilers, I finally peeked . smh 

Just finished episode 6 and 7

Duke Su childhood wasn't great at all nor was  Prince An childhood. Both their lives were lonely. Prince An's mother's death was kept a secret from him but I can't help but think there is more to it. Also finding out they took Duke Su from his mom already. Finally seeing Fu Rong making jewelry and it is so beautiful. 

I am already dreading Zhu'er approaching Duke Se's younger  brother. Will she cause the brother's relationship to end forever and become a dupe??

• Like 2
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

The previews for upcoming episodes can be found on the iQiyi website... I was about to translate them but it seems they have already been translated.

https://www.iq.com/play/1gehfik50a8

They're really pushing the romance. Of course. :lenny:

Xu Jin is a completely beast to Long Feiye. He actually talks! And expresses his feelings. Wow... shocking!

Spoiler

I'm impressed that he's even making a marriage proposal of sorts.

The fact that they're escalating the progression of the romance does portend bad things ahead. ;) That will be par for the course. Things will get harder for them and I imagine that's why he asks for a divorce... to set her free from the travails of palace politics.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Xu Jin is a completely beast to Long Feiye. He actually talks! And expresses his feelings. Wow... shocking!

I just saw the previews! I'm excited & scared .  So far the romance has not been a walk in the park, especially when it is developing under such dangerous life threatening situations. :shocked: 

I definitely like Xu Jin more - don't have to guess what  he's thinking. Lol! 

• Haha 2

My conclusion so far to the Organization RuYi Pavilion. Like Fu Rong said. It should be for the people and I believe it is. The leader of the Pavilion is after something but I don’t know why or who they are after. For Now I think it may be after Consort Duan and her co conspirators. We have noticed their LoGo ( Ruyi of Pavilion three times.) One in the Duke official paper when Wu Bai Qi spilled his drink,

Second Time giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293a682fe415b5d237dd

Third time  giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293a682fe415b5d237dd

Who will figure out the significance of this symbol first Prince Su or Prince An. 

Why did Liu Ru Yi give Fu Rong this bracelet. Is it significant? This bracelet also branded her wrists from the fall. Does LTY really care for FR or is it just an act. She seemed so thoughtful when FR told her what this shop should stand for ( which it may already stand for).  
what do you guys think?

@NiteWalker @40somethingahjumma @Lynne @abs-oluteM

Fu Rong and Duke Su 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293a682fe415b5d237dd

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

18 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

Why did Liu Ru Yi give Fu Rong this bracelet. Is it significant? This bracelet also branded her wrists from the fall. Does LTY really care for FR or is it just an act. She seemed so thoughtful when FR told her what this shop should stand for ( which it may already stand for).  
what do you guys think?

@NiteWalker @40somethingahjumma @Lynne @abs-oluteM

he does care for FuRong in his own lil wa i guess......

• Like 2