The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

4 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Hey guys, I am a little lost with LingKuan sleeping with the maid.. Can someone please explain what is going on? 

The way I understand it is that LingKuan was too drunk and didn't intend to sleep with the maid. But did the maid do it on purpose?

I just finished that episode with the crew too. I wasn't sure if the maid did it or someone initiated her to, but it's definitely a trap tho, 

• Like 3

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

7 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Hey guys, I am a little lost with LingKuan sleeping with the maid.. Can someone please explain what is going on? 

The way I understand it is that LingKuan was too drunk and didn't intend to sleep with the maid. But did the maid do it on purpose?

yes the maid wanted to rise above her station, being a concubine is definitely better than being a maid after all...u do not have to serve ppl  and u dont have to be under anyone to do too ....

• Insightful 1
1 minute ago, NiteWalker said:

yes the maid wanted to rise above her station, being a concubine is definitely better than being a maid after all...u do not have to serve ppl  and u dont have to be under anyone to do too ....

Isn't that very bold of her? Like, it's weird for a maid to be so daring.

I still haven't fully watched the rest

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

not very....

it happen ... in those olden ways for a maid to get out of being a maid, is u sleep with your master or get your master interested in you lols....

sometimes if your master is good to you infact they will even raise you to be the concubine to their husband ... this happen alot during the lady's pregnancy....

because they rather the husband sleep with someone they can keep an eye on than with someone from the outsides

• Insightful 1
2 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@NiteWalker

Hide contents

If I am not mistaken, WuYe didn't sleep with the maid for real??? Only a set up by the maid to looked like it.....

Spoiler

yes it didnt happen... the maid too the opportunity so that she can rise above her station, he is too dead to the world to do anything also....

mom once told me before when a men is so dead to the world....the deed wont be done at all as they cant even function it right **ahem**

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

not very....

it happen ... in those olden ways for a maid to get out of being a maid, is u sleep with your master or get your master interested in you lols....

sometimes if your master is good to you infact they will even raise you to be the concubine to their husband ... this happen alot during the lady's pregnancy....

because they rather the husband sleep with someone they can keep an eye on than with someone from the outsides

Exactly. It happen w yuanniang maid concubine tong. She slept w houye when Yuanniang was pregnant n git raised to a concubine, explained in feng ching saga. I wonder if later the dearh 9f tong will be related to qin or not hmmmm...

Remember madame luo asked shiyi to find someone close to her to see if houye is interested in because houye was not physically close w shiyi then. A bit sick but like what NiteWalker says it is to keep man away from outsiders. Like let hin play at home instead of outside. Ur maid u can control, ladies outside u cant. 

Spoiler

So nope kingkuan was so drunk he din do anything. The maid just un dress n slept next to him. Giving the impression they did it. A bit dumb. Bed no stain or anything meh. Esp if the gal is virgin. Thiught they checked thsy sort of things. This lster wikl create some probs in ep35. But resolve by shiyi. Don worry. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
9 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

It was a common thing on those days because those maids weren't a regular maid but slaves. Legal wives let their slaves or in some cases gave them to their husbands. It was easier to controlled those slaves than other royal/rich young ladies and whatever progeny that came out from the slaves won't threaten the position of legal wives' children.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, OsmanthusTea said:

It was a common thing on those days because those maids weren't a regular maid but slaves. Legal wives let their slaves or in some cases gave them to their husbands. It was easier to controlled those slaves than other royal/rich young ladies and whatever progeny that came out from the slaves won't threaten the position of legal wives' children.

yes since they cannot be free unless the madam gave them their slavery contract....as if they run away they can be catch back and punish or even go to jail depends on how the household madam want to have this solve

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Mouse said:

Thanks ladies! Really appreciated the insight. I’m surprised at how well Danyang took it though considering how terribly she reacted when she found out about the son. 

Wait till u watch 35. Then u know how she truly feels. 

32 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

I scrolled through 20 pages of weibo and i can't find us :cry:

I tried searching again. It wae under hash tag mandarin jinxinshiyu. If i saw again i will snapshot asap. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, MorningDew said:

I’m not really familiar with AvenueX.. I don’t really follow review because it’s really up to personal preferences..I will watch drama based on friend recommendation and also if I watched and like the actor/actress, but is she really well known ? I’m sorry but I’m sincerely asking🙏

It’s okay. She’s MDL famous. Technically she had her own channel on YouTube. I read a lot of comments on MDL for different shows and inevitably someone mentions her. I think she’s on a Chinese Bilibli too. I do think she’s kinda funny to watch. I just know that our tastes tend to be polar opposite. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

its rough under which tag? i mean which posts? there are alot of posts for JinXinSiYu so it wont be easy to go thru them all lols

Yeah thats the tag i went through but yeah the username of the person was like Xu Lingyi eating a melon. :lenny:

I use this tag and found it #钟汉良锦心似玉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Yeah thats the tag i went through but yeah the username of the person was like Xu Lingyi eating a melon. :lenny:

I use this tag and found it #钟汉良锦心似玉

try this tag.....

#锦心似玉#

or this one instead....

https://weibo.com/p/1008089d8619fbaa5c5adf030dfc6239632937/super_index

as the one u're using is mostly for Wallace Chung parts :) 

• Like 1
Just now, OsmanthusTea said:

I used this #锦心似玉# and found it in 5 minutes. Go thru pictures tab....It’s easier to use Weibo in mobile phone than laptop 

What, i scrolled through so much on my weibo but then again i might’ve missed it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, AwkwarDerp said:

What, i scrolled through so much on my weibo but then again i might’ve missed it

I think you scrolled thru main feeds/top/latest where pictures videos and captions are mixed together.  It will takes thousands of scrolls to find it...If you look for pic go for pic tab or video tab for video

819076-C9-73-B8-4693-B20-A-50650146-F207

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2