The Sword & The Brocade 锦心似玉 2021

Just now, SnT said:

Absolutely. U can see she is so clever at revealing things accidentally. The flower pots that dong ching pick up from her show qiao that shiyi is not peggy. N then the reveal of shiyi doing something in xianlingge when qiao brought madam e xu. Many many instances she accidentally reveal things. 

After feng ching the hate for shiyi must hv grown. Don think it is about houye lovr or not love her. Its more of her own distorted mentality probably. 

i dont think HouYe ever look at her in the eyes, if im not wrong she was suppose to be Madame Xu's maid previously and she saw that since she was all obedient and all that, which was why she had HouYe take her in as a concubine

• Like 3

Shiyi n houye consideration fior feng ching is even more than who is a better caretaker. Qin will be a good caretaker. Houye considered the education of femg ching. Because qin started as maid n she has no good education n feng ching was not educated at all at that point, qin is mot suitable. N the other main reason is status. If he is put under houye n one of his concubine, fengching has a good chance be used as a tool by the concubines to curry favours n attention from houye. If rear under shiyi who isvthe main wife, he will be in competition for next marquis of yong ping together w chunge n shiyi future boys0. So feng ching under houye is a bad situation for a child. 

It is not good to be given back to wuye due to danyang. He will be a shu zi as only danyang child will ever be di zi in the 5th family. 

But under sil she is a good caretaker, educated n classy n genuine love feng ching. If put under the childless 2nd family. He is the di zi of 2nd family. His status n future is entirely differently including his future career m marriage. N because 2nd brother has passed away, fengching will never hv a competitor. It will be a peaceful m calm childhood for him. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4

totally @SnT main reason they never consider WuYe is for DanYang cause she is already having a hard times coming to term that her husband once love someone else before and even had a child with her....

and i thinks he is hurt even more with what happen in between WuYe with the maid.....she might be a bit high and mighty, at the very least she listen to reason and didnt go all bad on you....

i come to like her slowly

• Like 4
1 hour ago, NiteWalker said:

totally @SnT main reason they never consider WuYe is for DanYang cause she is already having a hard times coming to term that her husband once love someone else before and even had a child with her....

and i thinks he is hurt even more with what happen in between WuYe with the maid.....she might be a bit high and mighty, at the very least she listen to reason and didnt go all bad on you....

i come to like her slowly

I like danyang since wuite early. She us a little spoil being a daughter of another marquis. Status same ss xu family n she was made a god daughter of the emperor n her mum died young so daddy spoilt her a bit but she is straightforward n show up front her liked n dislikes. These sort of ppl once u win them over they will be on your camp. 

I think there is a clip in bts showing she talk to shiyi about baby shoes n scene of her giving birth. If we look at danyang pregnancy it looks like lingyi n shiyi are married less than 9 months. That is a very vety short time. She just find out her pregnancy when shiyi married in. Now after 30 ep she is still preggy.

Glad it did mot take long for houye to fell for shiyi at all. N it makes sense it is slower on shiyi side to response. I m so happy the script for wallace as lingyi is very consistent. He is a 30 plus yo much more experienced n mature, so it was very reasonable for him to forgive shiyi first after the saga n think of her first before anything else. He is patient w her but cant help teasing her esp all those lock her in the inner bed. He is not exactly a 20 plus yo hot tempered boy as ml in some c drama. But now he is hurt, so i cant wait to see shiyi woo him. Hopefully it wont be too long for our hiuye to go soft n cuddly on her again. But it will be nice to see her working a bit mayb for 1 to 2 episodes haha... 

• Like 4

yes totally..... @SnT like you say ppl like DanYang are more likable than the one like LianFang where she is all pretentious in front of you and then she is totally another her at your back....

DanYang is definitely more likable than the one besides SIL of course, i like SIL as she knows who is good and who is bad....even when Wen Niang make it big by telling Madame Xu, ShiYi hurt and injure HouYe, still she help ShiYi and beg for some mercy from Madame Xu

i like the pace of the scripts to be honest....despite that it diverted alot from the book and some of the basic facts werent probably explain, to me its still really acceptable and i can overlook all those....

i know there are complain at how till now both ShiYi and HouYe yet to consummate the marriage...and how in the book it was done on the very wedding night if im not wrong 

@AwkwarDerp you read the book, they had done the deed right? on the night of the wedding?

however i dont mind this at all...cause i felt in the drama HouYe is trying to give ShiYi times and also it show us how he courted ShiYi and when ShiYi really accept HouYe, she gave him her all...it felt nice ot be honest

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@NiteWalkeri like the fact houye is very patient w her to wait till she is ready. N it is not like she is cold to him or very resistant to him. Her progress is slow but there is progress. From standing at arm length when taking off his cloth, refuse his hand when they get off carriage and to sitting n standing at arm length every time they talk, she helped him dress up intimately n when he touch her while they were making his bed on the coach, she did not shrink off immediately. She let him hold her hand for a while. 

From sleeping on coach, she actually tease him by using his hand as pillow n let him slept on the same bed. That's skinship right. I also love that scebe where she remove her headpieces n esrrings ready to retire for the night. That is un obvious intimacy right. N when they talk about her mum, he pull her to sit on the same coach she did not resist. N after the qiao incident, she sweetly let him hug her. 

When he declare his love, she smile sweetly at him. M they did hv a first kiss n she wrapped her arms around his  waist. Can see the script is making it clear it is step by step for her. While he is much older n much more ready to acknowledge his feeling n do things to woo her. In the modern sense, he Gives her money property, give her personal bodyguard too (the wan daxing guy) haha... Of course his care, trust, protection, affection n attention. 

Edited by SnT
  • Like 4

@SnT yes i love the slow and sure pace on how HouYe did it with ShiYi too...

he took 1 steps at times and make it no room for ShiYi to reject him....however he ensure that she feel him all the times and be comfortable with him first before he actually proceed ahead....

even though im pretty sure the male in him most probably say 'JUST EAT HER!!'

i say this is respect! something the olden days lacks of for the women to be honest....it hard to find this in the olden days where guys respect the woman who share the same blanket with them...

or they were only taken as tool to make sure they have the next generation for their family.....or to expand and secure the family network further....

so what we are seeing in HouYe is respect and care and also a fairness system in him that is even hard to find in the modern world...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
58 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

yes totally..... @SnT like you say ppl like DanYang are more likable than the one like LianFang where she is all pretentious in front of you and then she is totally another her at your back....

DanYang is definitely more likable than the one besides SIL of course, i like SIL as she knows who is good and who is bad....even when Wen Niang make it big by telling Madame Xu, ShiYi hurt and injure HouYe, still she help ShiYi and beg for some mercy from Madame Xu

i like the pace of the scripts to be honest....despite that it diverted alot from the book and some of the basic facts werent probably explain, to me its still really acceptable and i can overlook all those....

i know there are complain at how till now both ShiYi and HouYe yet to consummate the marriage...and how in the book it was done on the very wedding night if im not wrong 

@AwkwarDerp you read the book, they had done the deed right? on the night of the wedding?

however i dont mind this at all...cause i felt in the drama HouYe is trying to give ShiYi times and also it show us how he courted ShiYi and when ShiYi really accept HouYe, she gave him her all...it felt nice ot be honest

indeed, some very steamy words for those scenes in the book

But i think the book was more like “duty” based whereas the drama want us to look at it like ShiYi isn’t like other women, Houye isn’t just gonna sleep with her to be done with, which is a pretty good idea

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

Let's hope the go ahead w the deed soon. My guess is after her walking in the rain n him bring her back to the chamber n kiss her passionately. But why was she so upset. It baffles me. Cracking my head of what could hv actuallu happen. Because she got the details of her mum death? Another misunderstanding of houye (I somehow doubt that.) something happen w luo family. Looks quite sad for her. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, AwkwarDerp said:

Its okay reading is better, your imagination can go far :smug:

how far you want your imagination to go lols hahahaha.... are you up for some modern flicks come over to 'You're My Hero' 

hahaha Bai JingTing is hot!!!

Just now, SnT said:

Let's hope the go ahead w the deed soon. My guess is after her walking in the rain n him bring her back to the chamber n kiss her passionately. But why was she so upset. It baffles me. Cracking my head of what could hv actuallu happen. Because she got the details of her mum death? Another misunderstanding of houye (I somehow doubt that.) something happen w luo family. Looks quite sad for her. 

^5 !!!! pretty sure that when it happen too!!!

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

how far you want your imagination to go lols hahahaha.... are you up for some modern flicks come over to 'You're My Hero' 

hahaha Bai JingTing is hot!!!

^5 !!!! pretty sure that when it happen too!!!

LOL I said this on twitter, I am trying to avoid Bai Jingting. You’re the third person trying to lure me into him

• Haha 3

currently watching: Love Me Love My Voice, A Journey To Love

currently translating: The Legend of Jewelry 

Is it just me or does anyone also think Hu Po will end up turning against Shiyi? Like... when I see the clips (from the mv) for future eps, even if for the sweet scenes, I don't see Hu Po around. I only see Shiyi being with Dongqing. There's also Hu Po's feelings towards Ou's 2nd son (and we know how much love can blind you from knowing what's good or bad). And if there's one thing we know so far after watching tons of drama, a drama wouldn't bring up something for no reason (in this case, it's Hu Po's older sister). I'm worried.... 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
38 minutes ago, gracebkk said:

Is it just me or does anyone also think Hu Po will end up turning against Shiyi? Like... when I see the clips (from the mv) for future eps, even if for the sweet scenes, I don't see Hu Po around. I only see Shiyi being with Dongqing. There's also Hu Po's feelings towards Ou's 2nd son (and we know how much love can blind you from knowing what's good or bad). And if there's one thing we know so far after watching tons of drama, a drama wouldn't bring up something for no reason (in this case, it's Hu Po's older sister). I'm worried.... 

hmmmm i hope not....definitely no....

or maybe HuPo finally found her sister and ShiYi released her so that she can live the rest of the life with her sister happily at the embroidery shop maybe?

i hope that ShiYi's SiFu might ended up being HuPo's sister in actual facts hahaha....

since the sister actually can sew very well right?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
4 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

i always find ShiYi cute when she woke up and see HouYe sleeping right next to her and also on top of that HouYe seems to like to trap her insides the bed too....im pretty sure he did it on purpose hahaha

Cr: As Tagged (from Weibo)

I guess Houye likes to watch Shiyi sleep. He probably watch her all night...😆😆😆 so that he can tease her next morning😜. His shamelessness... 

• Haha 5