Twenty-Five Twenty-One 스물다섯 스물하나 [2022]

bai

Heyyyy! I thought this was a prank, but I can hear someone saying appa. Either that or my fever is making me delirious :laugh: (I'm not feeling great atm) Gonna have a nap and hopefully hang out here at JH

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: My Lovely Runner // Chief Detective 1958

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

3 minutes ago, JenL said:

but I can hear someone saying appa.

I heard it too.... 

I calmed down a bit, and wanted to make a quick comment on YR. It's so unfair for the people to label her like that. No one bothered to check what pushed her into that decision. It's her own people who "pushed" her away by making life difficult for her. No one bothered to help her. And I still don't understand why a National Athlete like her is not properly taken care of by the nation. So I don't blame her for going for a naturalisation. I love ep.14 actually, the friendship of HD-YR, the growth of YR, but like I shared earlier, that ending made me unable to think of anything else. I will come back later, asap, to write more for the episode itself.

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@movingwheelI look at that scene where they are having that brief interaction and he has to explain to the public her clearly very warm and loving “How are you? It’s been a long while” comment, the way she looks at him with red eyes (come on! those aren’t the eyes of someone who has just won a gold medal!!!), and how he looks back at her as if holding back his heart that’s just aching through his eyes…!!! How could she even be married to someone else?? HOW CAN IT BE?? 

And then I read the transcript for aep 15 and think, “Is there any point in telling audience now that they continue to love each other despite being busy?? Why tell us that now when you’ve thrown Heedo’s sabre right into our hearts?!? 

#incredulous

@JenL @ktcjdrama @abs-oluteM

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Now i do think Yijin is end game for hee do…. There was definite calling of appa and also the last sentence of kim tae ri is that she will take care of everything 

31 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

By the way, has anyone seen Drama Hyung’s theory on why Yijin is still endgame?

I just saw it,,,,, it can be a possibility 

• Like 3

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Gosh , We are soo invested in this drama....last time I was this invested , it was Vincenzo.

53 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@movingwheelI look at that scene where they are having that brief interaction and he has to explain to the public her clearly very warm and loving “How are you? It’s been a long while” comment, the way she looks at him with red eyes (come on! those aren’t the eyes of someone who has just won a gold medal!!!), and how he looks back at her as if holding back his heart that’s just aching through his eyes…!!! How could she even be married to someone else?? HOW CAN IT BE?? 

And then I read the transcript for aep 15 and think, “Is there any point in telling audience now that they continue to love each other despite being busy?? Why tell us that now when you’ve thrown Heedo’s sabre right into our hearts?!? 

#incredulous

Both Nam Joo Hyuk and Kim Tae Ri.... they are soo good at acting....no words to explain

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

@Mizv@movingwheel

I will continue to hope! There are 2 episodes left and that could well be a red herring. Maybe he doesn’t want to give away their carefully covered wedding, so he’s got to put up that front. After all, both are public figures. 

But why does minchae not recognise her dad in his youth? Does he look so different now? I mean, them having different actors is just because it’s a drama, but in reality, you can’t tell what your parents look like in their youth from photos??

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
3 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@Mizv@movingwheel

I will continue to hope! There are 2 episodes left and that could well be a red herring. Maybe he doesn’t want to give away their carefully covered wedding, so he’s got to put up that front. After all, both are public figures. 

But why does minchae not recognise her dad in his youth? Does he look so different now? I mean, them having different actors is just because it’s a drama, but in reality, you can’t tell what your parents look like in their youth from photos??

Well sometimes.... like I was born 18 years in to my parents' marriage....it took me a lot of time to recognize my father as my father because he looked so young and also he was in business suit.... I never saw him wearing that !!! i think i can somewhat relate....but i caught on and thats where i am finding it weird....lol...i dont know if its making sense...

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

By The Way , Ko Yu rim's Character based off a real life Korean Olympic speed-staker Viktor Ahn that switched to Russia and caused a public uproar in South Korea.  he and rival were high schoolmates and roommates too. interesting. viktor married a member of his fanclub. I was hoping lee ho suk married a reporter, haha, but I could not find any info.

• Like 4

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

On 3/14/2022 at 3:50 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I actually think the 21-25 yo time will come very much closer to the end, and that’s probably how/where the drama will end. I certainly don’t think we’ll be shown much of the present time as the ending, it definitely will not be the closing scene, because this is the story of NHD as portrayed by Kim Tae Ri, not the actress of adult NHD. She will only appear a few minutes each episode. 

Oh yeah, I totally get that. I think my worries with pacing was whether or not they were going to show the romance at 25-21 or before it. But now it's clear they liked each other beforehand and 25-21 will just be about whether they got together or not in the end :idk:

On 3/14/2022 at 2:50 PM, Unnie0110 said:

I also agree with @gilaswan that NJH's eyes are very expressive, he expresses BYJ's longings and sadness really well from his eyes alone. I really pray for a happy life for all our leads especially BYJ. He deserves it, he's such a good person. It's very rare to come across a male lead in kdramaland such as he. Please writernim, make them happy, chebal!!!!:wow2::YesHalCat:

Yes, I totally agree. I think NJH is very good at doing the emotional, tragic expressions more than anything. And Yi Jin is one of the warmest male leads in a kdrama I've seen. I just adore him so much :heart:

On 3/14/2022 at 5:47 PM, mademoiselle said:

This episode finally made me feel nostalgic and teary whilst watching them having fun, the friendship, the free spirit... the memory... the youthfulness at that age we'll never able to return to anymore as we grow older and older. :cry:

I feel like this whole series gives me that feeling...it's like you remember the beauty and innocence of youth and then the drifting aways you've had to face. :letalQQ: Haha, for both the character's lives and my own, I think.

On 3/18/2022 at 8:32 PM, mademoiselle said:

The body that Ji Woong wants :lmao2:

No going to lie, I understand Ji Woong's tastes :laugh::wow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Byeon Woo Seok - Sun Jae has run away with my heart!

On 3/21/2022 at 12:33 AM, mademoiselle said:

Serious there's no way Yi Jin isn't the endgame! His love for her is so deeply rooted based on this conversation with Hee Do's ex.

I'm really glad Hee do heard this conversation by the way. I was so touched by Yi Jin's words...imagine being her and hearing it all :heart:

On 3/21/2022 at 2:23 AM, movingwheel said:

things changed and i have left wanting more..... when I watched Weightlifting fairy kim Bok Joo , I could not even think that there will be a day when I will fall in love with Nam Joo Hyuk but this has hapenned.... he was a lanky skinny guy who was swimmer....now he is giving my heart a race...

Hahaha I loved Nam Joo Hyuk in Weightlifting Fairy. But I do think he has bulked up in recent years and his character here is very much the charming, empathetic and warm character that is too hard not to love :smile:

On 3/21/2022 at 6:34 AM, Tofu said:

I also liked that they showed Seungwan's mom supporting her decision to drop out of highschool. It's almost unheard of for a parent to support a decision like that, especially when it's highschool! 

Just imagining if I had told my mum I wanted to drop out of highschool a month before the exams. Pretty sure my mum would have killed me :lol: Seungwan's mum was just as cool as her!

On 3/21/2022 at 11:21 PM, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle its Nam Joo Hyuk Thing , Nam Joo Hyuk thing... Even I get Butterflies everytime he looks like that....moreover because all the actors I have liked and fallen in love so far ARE TALL.... LMH , LJS , Hyun Bin ... and this guy when he started out , he was lanky , skinny but HE WORKED ON HIMSELF and that shows.... he is just that dedicated to his craft..makes me fall in love with him even more.... dont get me wrong , I fell in love with him during Start Up days itself and I was one of those person who DID NOT want Good Boy for Seo Dal Mi...I was rooting for Nam Do San and Nam Do San only....

Hahaha you fell for him during Start Up?! That is very unusual given that crazy fever for KSH. I didn't mind him in Start Up, I thought he did a good job with the character, But I didn't feel the charm I felt in Weightlifting Fairy. It's not been till Twenty Five Twenty One that I've been drawn to NJH in this capacity again. :idk:

On 3/23/2022 at 8:43 PM, movingwheel said:

@mademoiselle they did not show the kiss scene BTS....lol

Sadddd :nervous:

On 3/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, movingwheel said:

any other theory that can be crazier than this? @abs-oluteM @mademoiselle @ktcjdrama @gilaswan :D :D :D

I love a time travel story, but this would be just wrong for this drama! :psweatduck:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3

On 3/27/2022 at 4:23 PM, gilaswan said:

I read somewhere that a netizen commented, on Yijin’s relationship with Heedo, “Why’s he hanging around kids??” Yijin actually doesn’t seem to have the companionship of peers since his family went bankrupt. It’s these unassuming youths who have not judged him and accepted him. And looked up to him for who he is than others who looked up to him for what he has. 

And yes. That kiss was hawt! I share your thoughts @JenLHahahaha… “Everything?” :smug: 

I do love that Yijin has been so respectful of her and her needs throughout. Even in asking to keep the distance, it was really so he would not hurt her. In telling her to leave because he was drunk and would have diminished control of himself. He really loves her. Very swoon worthy. How can he not be the end game??

I totally agree with you about why Yi Jin hangs out with a younger group. They always just accepted him for who he was unlike his own past friends who only liked him because he was from a rich family. He happened to meet them at a time in his life when he was down and they just took him in. Also I think when you're younger it's always cool to have a friend who's a bit older than you, so that's why they all stick to Yi Jin :heart:

Hahaha I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was dead from watching that kiss. I did replay that scene a few times this week after the sadness of episode 14 to cheer myself up :lol:

And yes, Yi Jin is so responsible and proper. He's only been drawing boundaries the whole time because he wants to make sure that Hee do will not get hurt or feel like she made a bad choice with him. :wow:

On 3/27/2022 at 8:45 PM, mademoiselle said:

Not the you-know-what right coz I thought you said you will watch it at your own pace/leisure... 😅

On 3/27/2022 at 8:51 PM, movingwheel said:

Right now i am thinking about dropping that you-know-what at my own leisure as well…. That was not my cup of tea….

What is this you-know-what??? I don't know what it is! :thinking:

On 3/28/2022 at 3:06 AM, movingwheel said:

@JenL i really need to take cold splash to forget all the torture.... or maybe some magic potion that will make me forget that I have ever watched this drama....

Hahaha, I will still be glad I watched this drama even if they choose to do a sad ending (though it's starting to look more hopeful for a happy ending as well?) But in any case, I do love a good nostalgia drama and I think the message of this drama will stick with me...in that not everyone stays in your life forever. But the way that those people once cared about you probably shaped you to be who you are today. :heart:

On 3/28/2022 at 6:57 AM, Tofu said:

I guess this is the end of the road for me with 2521. I said I would watch until the angst started and the angst is starting. I'll be back to watch the last 10 minutes of episode 16 just to see how it ends. :laugh:

I was wondering if you'd keep watching at this stage, I'm sure you'll see it spoiled on Twitter regardless of which way the drama goes...you'll know to avoid it if it's full of angst! :lol:

On 3/28/2022 at 2:35 PM, movingwheel said:

@gilaswan @ktcjdrama @JenL sums up my feeling at every possible way.... kudos to both of them not that they needed to be cheered even more because both of them always deliver...

Hahaha so true! Give up Hee Do's husband (if it's not Yi Jin!) :laugh:

On 3/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, movingwheel said:

Episode 15 Preview @ktcjdrama @gilaswan @JenL

@abs-oluteM where r u??? missing u terribly while I cry over them ....

Oooh thanks for the preview. What is this unexpected hurdle?! :psweatduck: 

• Like 3