Twenty-Five Twenty-One 스물다섯 스물하나 [2022]

bai

Hellloooo @mellytrw. So glad to see you here.  :duckhearts:

I don't remember the sign ...do you remember the episode? 

Okay I don't know which will me more painful for me  - that YiJin is dead so hence they are not together, but she still holds him very dearly in her heart .  Or that he is alive but still they drifted apart - and that she has moved on.... :zzzz:

@movingwheel So cute that they are playing badminton . Did you watch Racket Boys? Ji Woong here played by Choi Hyun Wook was in it and he can play badminton. 

He has bulked up a lot here in 2521..see how skinny he was in RB

Spoiler

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Making scenes ep 7 & 8 

It was actually Bona who suggested that meme face? :laugh:

And the time both actress have to spend for practicing and ensuring they did the fencing match perfectly is just wow :1000: I read somewhere that to shoot the Asian games final, they almost spend a whole week to do that? 

It's good to see the two actress support each other like that.. Hope to see them being a good friend soon

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Hello there @abs-oluteM found you since red-sleeve era and glad that when I watch 2521 live I don't need to find any new moots, since apparently almost all my moots (since doyoulikebrahms-era) also watch it! Yay! 

Here's what I was talking about 2521 sign hanging on the wall - it's on eps 2

bafTVr28jNvjJXXcDReYEz_ctUCFEKUoLhlX74ZE

and yep @ktcjdrama the sign re-appear on eps 4 when the present NHD's mom talked about she met Yijin a month ago, this time it's more clear and not hanging on the wall. Could somebody translate what does the sign read in hangul? 

ULVZwYJX92DpPbSIDFFGXEkmNxEDAKzwOzo9Pg0H

and just now I rewatch the scene when present NHD's mom asked Kim Min Chae does she know Baek Yijin, and KMC's facial expressions is kinda sus.. I don't know, maybe it's just me get overthinking abt that. But with the 2521-sign in the NHD present office/gallery, sure it's the Writer/Director doing giving us clue, or maybe trick us.. 

well, Saturday is only 3 days away! I'm quite sure in the next episode we will get another hint about KMC father. And so far, 2521 is the only drama that takes the real-world situation of covid-19 as background story so yep, it must have some revelation about the story. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2
8 minutes ago, mellytrw said:

Could somebody translate what does the sign read in hangul? 

The hangul spelled out the word "Atelier" - I didn't notice this one, only the one in ep.4. 

It makes one wonder what made NHD, a national athlete, ended up with an atelier. There's definitely more stories to discover. And yeah, we're only halfway through the drama.

• Insightful 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 3/9/2022 at 12:39 PM, mellytrw said:

Hello there @abs-oluteM found you since red-sleeve era and glad that when I watch 2521 live I don't need to find any new moots, since apparently almost all my moots (since doyoulikebrahms-era) also watch it! Yay! 

TRS and Brahms have such a special place in my heart. 

Did you all see this one? I am as surprised as Bona that both our leads went there in such eco-friendly transportation...lol! 

I don't think YiJin will pretend that he is Injeolmi -  he won't let it drag out for long.  Am wondering here in this new still if Hee Do is aware that YuRim is Injeolmi?

image_readtop_2022_224918_16468888754970

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Pre-released - Ooo Hee Do's confession

But what the heck does YiJin mean by I'm done thinking about it , even if I don't have to? 

So much ambiguity in his response!!! 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

Gotta go back and re-read comments tomorrow, but have to say this drama is giving me all of the flutters. Deep heart flutters!!!

:heart::heart::heart:

And I think what I loved is that they didn't necessarily know how to define the relationship, but they knew it was so strong between them that it's not what other people have. I'm so in love with everything Yi Jin says - not just the romantic lines, because obviously he delivers them with all the heart flutters - but it's also those words of wisdom when he gives encouragement or advie to anyone around him. 

:BulbaOWO::BulbaOWO::BulbaOWO:

But yes, that confession was really something! I think it's a confession of his real feelings, but I still don't think they'll pull out the fluffy romance yet...if anything the trailer looks like normal friend hangouts in the next episode? But I like this early confession all the more because their love is deeper than just some physical attraction and I like how Yi Jin did not dance around it.

:wow::wow::wow:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL i could never imagine Kim Tae Ri this cute.... i have seen her almost all.... there is a reason why she is well respected.... only sjhe can pull off a role of teenager while being more than 30.... last I saw Tan Songyun in Go Ahead pulling off such role.... but TSY is not that tall  and Kim Tae Ri is even 166 cm.... I simply have no words....

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

Kyaaaa... I squealed at the ending of tonight's episode :love:

Another lovely episode, almost ruined by that annoying camera guy though. But I really love how BYJ gave it to him loud and straight. How dare he put the national athletes at risk?? Come to think of it, how come there isn't a single adult who accompany these girls shooting? Coach maybe? Or the teacher, or someone from the sports federation? Aren't they representing the school or the federation? They could've said something wrong in the shooting process, no? Anyway, I truly love seeing how BYJ is so worried about Heedo's conditon. Yes, yes, I believe he will kill that guy if really anything bad happened to Heedo that make her could not do fencing anymore. 

I love that we get to see some growth in Yurim today. When she listened to MJW talking about being more embarrassed if not trying but hoping to do well (this guy often times spits out wisdom, haha...), when she apologised to Heedo online, when she called her mother...  Yeah, I forgive her too like Heedo did. Was crying sillily with them too when they hugged and wailed :laugh: Then the awkwardness and gingerness between the two afterwards. Really just like what BYJ asking them, are they on sogaeting?? :laugh:

Yurim's mother's reaction towards Heedo... They tried to make it as if she was upset at Heedo, but no, I didn't fall for it, haha... I knew she is going to welcome Heedo. Just that I didn't know to the extend of hugging and comforting her, so much so that Heedo could release all the hurt she felt about the whole gold medal thing. 

Looking forward to the seaside trip tomorrow's episode!! 

31 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

Okay .... now I am officially scared...

I know what you mean... The coach's warning to Heedo, now the mother's warning to BYJ... what's going to happen to them in the coming episode?? Now that the feelings of both are clear to each other, I think it's time to prepare our hearts for the angst to come :nervous:

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Such a heart-fluttering good episode 9. Very well written, directed and acted out by the actors.

The two most heart fluttering scenes that gave me feels had to be

(1) Hee Do grabbed Yi Jin's arm asking him what he thinks their relationship is. The tense moment was very well created and absolutely love seeing Nam Joo Hyuk's eyes are emoting.

aec12a0e9d747d70f4fed67d7b913ea7d3b9e501

(2) Yi Jin's confession on the bridge. Although it is true that Yi Jin said he loves Hee Do but the translation into "I love you" didn't feel as strongly conveyed as what it was said in Korean "난 널 사랑하고 있어" (Nan nol saranghago isso).

Netflix Chinese translated it into 我正在愛著你 (wo zheng zai ai zhe ni) and Papago translated it to "I'm in love with you" which I either one felt a lot more closer to what Yi Jin said/meant than "I love you" 😅. The feelings is just not there with I love you.

There are actually many good scenes in this episode.

• Yi Jin chuckles at Hee Do's confession

• Hee Do being comforted by Yurim's mother with a hug

• Hee Do and Yurim made up

• Hee Do freaking out as Yi Jin appears at school

• Yi Jin confronts Hee Do for running away from him ... and then looks at her (below) spoilingly

img.gif

• Yi Jin was flustered by both Hee Do and Yurim's interactions - their sudden friendliness gives off the GL vibe xDDDD

• Hee Do staring at Yi Jin in glasses

• Yi Jin didn't even hesitated and told his colleague Hee Do's left face is her best side.

Episode 10 pre-release

img.gif

Another heart-fluttering moment ~ thought Yi Jin was gonna kiss her but...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 2

OST Part 7 is out

haven't yet watched e9 will binge it with e10 tonight! Ahahaha

btw, genuine question. Is NHD age category still a minor in SK? Enliiiiggght. I read some discussions about this issue NHD-BYJ relationship is not cool but I thought it's ok because she already 18/19 (eventho she still in the school, but not a minor anymore right)??

In my country someone not a minor anymore when they hit age 18 all law is applicable after I got ID

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

On 3/8/2022 at 12:59 AM, ktcjdrama said:

You can definitely count me in on that one. Up till now, I still don’t trust my laptop/handphone 100%. Will still have crucial things printed out, just in case... Eg. e-ticket and boarding pass, I will have them on my phone, but the printed versions will be available in my bag too. 

I kinda miss printed stuff actually. Used to collect all those specially designed admission tickets to plays/concerts but then one day they started to look all the same with only printed words 😔 and I find no fun and excitement in collecting them anymore. 

Me toooo! I'm definitely one of those people who still prints out plant tickets or concert tickets or invites include technology fails me. And I love keeping a paper diary in case my phone dies and I need to know what's happeneing. I still love collecting tickets when I travel though. Have you ever seen a movie ticket in Korea? They make them so pretty if you pay a little extra! :wow:

On 3/8/2022 at 8:23 AM, Mizv said:

It is disappointing prediction that YJ isnt the father.  The conclusion that they both grew apart future wise is also kinda depressing too.  If the drama goes this direction there wouldnt be any point of the story.  Therefore I will hope for a big surprise ending for the audience.  Not familiar with who the writer is. However, I want to think in this positive way.  Maybe it will be a lost first love connection in the end, and Min chae is biologically one of the groups daughter.

Perhaps being older, YJ is keeping his feelings for HD at arms length.  Expected to see things pick up once HD  is a 21.

Why does subtitles on Netflix keep spelling "Back" instead of "Baek"????  I thought it was a joke af first. But after watching repeative "Back, "back" it becoming annoying.

Actually I'll tag you all as well in case you haven't seen this theory (hopefully I don't forget anyone on this thread) @Unnie0110 @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama @mellytrw @bai @movingwheel @mademoiselle@gilaswan @Mizv @Tofu

So even though I still think there's a good chance of this drama having a sad ending, and I came to this drama fully prepared for this, I also think there's a possibility of this drama having a happy ending because of course it's really obvious if they go with the sad ending since they've been hinting from the start. They do love doing big twists in Kdramas. I did see an article where Korean fans said that maybe they're going to do the good old adoption twist so 'Baek' is not Yi Jin's real last name, but he's 'Kim'. The reasons being that they thought it was strange that the dad started a fake company in the younger son's name rather than the older son's name which is traditionally what would happen. Also the grandma seemed to be so teasing that Min Chae didn't know who Baek Yi Jin was seems to indicate that she might know who he is (her dad) and Min Chae does seem to exihibit some of Yi Jin's traits like she could so easily empathise with her grandmother's feelings, which kind of reminds me of Yi Jin. And Yi Jin's dream was to work at NASA, so maybe he ended up getting his dream job in the future which is why his daughter doesn't know he was once a reporter. :BulbaOWO:

But to poke holes in this theory, I don't know why Min Chae wouldn't recognise her father even when he was young. And don't know how grandma saw him and Hee do was shocked. Also with the whole theme of the show being about getting through the hard times, I do feel a sense of foreboding :nervous:

On 3/8/2022 at 1:06 PM, bai said:

my favorite ending are E4 (when HD YJ fencing & lights play) & E5 I keep repeating that. So beautiful, there is something I envy from how romantic that era because the communication/technology limitation but I don't want to going thru that if it makes sense? 😅

That ending was really beautiful :wow:

On 3/8/2022 at 2:50 PM, Tofu said:

@JenL I agreed with you on their relationship. I dont think Yi Jin sees Hee Do as anything more than a good friend right now. They built a deep bond with each other during their darkest hours (still going through it). I think Hee Do's affection for Yi Jin started after he told her that to feel sad after a break up, you have to had been in love first. 

It's like something deep and beautiful, but hard to define. And even though he's said he loves her in this latest episode, not sure if it's romance just yet, but it's definitely a deep soulmate-ness :BulbaOWO:

On 3/8/2022 at 3:36 PM, mellytrw said:

At first I kinda think that maybe NHD is a single mom and KMC will re-unite her mom and her ex in the present day, but judging by the expression of NHD when her present-day mom said she met BYJ last month, I don't know, let's just hope she really met BYJ in a form of human, not his grave :'(((((((

Hello! So nice of you to join us! yes, hoping for a happy ending, but also prepared if it goes bittersweet.

But that's a good point you raised with the 2521 signage! :thinking:

On 3/8/2022 at 4:35 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Arrrghh!!! The blue screen happened to me!! I was working and left to get lunch, and it already started when I got back. Huhuuuu, I want to continue working so I can go watch my dramas.

Working on updates xx%

Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while

Your PC will restart several times

Oh my God!!! Damn that blue screen. Hope you didn't lose too much with your work :lettalKWA:

19 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@JenL i could never imagine Kim Tae Ri this cute.... i have seen her almost all.... there is a reason why she is well respected.... only sjhe can pull off a role of teenager while being more than 30.... last I saw Tan Songyun in Go Ahead pulling off such role.... but TSY is not that tall  and Kim Tae Ri is even 166 cm.... I simply have no words....

Kim Tae Ri is pretty cute and sooooo likeable. I think she's doing so well as a highschooler. Like it's really confusing since she's older than me in real life, but she looks and can act so much younger than me :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

12 minutes ago, JenL said:

Actually I'll tag you all as well in case you haven't seen this theory (hopefully I don't forget anyone on this thread)

interesting, Jen. And anyway I see in Heedo's room there are space things. It is kind of possible in my mind

btw I just watched this 2521 theory video (in bahasa, but there is Eng sub)

we know the title of drama from Jaurim song, but in this session she talked more about Kim Yuna the singer's.

So long short the song is based on her true story her lover passed away in age 27 when her career in spotlight, will this inspire the writer to go with BaekDo story?

• Like 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o