Twenty-Five Twenty-One 스물다섯 스물하나 [2022]

bai

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Ep 4 - solely to complete the deal with @LaLa🤣

* That dance is so funny, they're quite coordinated 😂

* It's nice to see, it seems he fall for her first. When she helped him with the fencing costume. I guess this is why Lala asked me to holding on, the romance seems going to set on soon. 

Congratulations for finishing ep 4 :pandachamp: Now it's up to you to watch the rest or not.. our deal was until ep 4 for both dramas.. I've watched till ep 5 for weather but haven't continue anymore lol

While the progress of romance and finding Min Chae father slowly showing up, I'm waiting for the friendship and bonding scenes between the 4 youngsters.. too bad that the show only made Ji Woong appeared as the pretty and cool boy who likes Yu Rim.. his words and actions sometimes also showed how kind and warm friend he is. It's the same with Seung Wan. While her character seems to be painted as a junior who's trying to look good to her senior, actually she's a good friend (especially to Hee Do when she's still a nobody or a gold medalist) and seems to be quite adult among the other 3.. and please more dynamic scenes between Seung Wan and Ji Woong... 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, movingwheel said:

have a bad foreboding about the story plus in twitter there is rumour that Jo In Sung will play the father role.... i just don't want to think right now... let's see how baek yi jin fits in current timeline.

That Jo In Sung video is just a creative edit by a kfan. They even did one for JooWon. LOL

But I won't mind Jo In Sung. :GrimChamp:

I think it is clear that YiJin is not part of Hee Do's life in the present. But they were both fated to meet at a turning point in each other's life. This sounds bittersweet but perhaps that short time they had together became life changing in some way. They may not have ended up together but the bond & friendship they had was what they both needed most then. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

One of the themes of the show is making good your circumstances - when life throws you a lemon, make lemonade. I’m not so sure Yijin passed on (I hope not - his life so tough as it is, and then his family too, and for Heedo to lose another dear one to death, so sad). It could well be that for his career and his promise to bring his family together again, he decided to move on, and maybe out of the country. Ah.. still hoping for a fantastical plot twist. 

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1

@gilaswan i swear it will haunt me till Nam Joo Hyuk's next drama if I have to see him dying... I hope after giving such sweet romance , they will show us something different without ripping my heart apart !! I do expect the writers to give us an extraordinary plot twist.... every drama I like (liking to the point of being flawless ) , last one being vincenzo , the lead couple has to be separated...!!!! My Life !!!

@abs-oluteM DO NOT , I Repeat , DO NOT support this ending with death... Shooting for the last episode is still not over...Lol..

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

15 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think it is clear that YiJin is not part of Hee Do's life in the present. But they were both fated to meet at a turning point in each other's life. This sounds bittersweet but perhaps that short time they had together became life changing in some way. They may not have ended up together but the bond & friendship they had was what they both needed most then. 

This is true. I think there is something beautiful in the bittersweetness and sometimes people don't need to stay in your life forever to have made a meaningful impact to it. I think I just don't want to see them hurting each other. But if it was a matter that they had to split up say for their careers and then Hee Do met someone suitable for her, then I guess it is just a bittersweet ending. :idk:

But then type I hate is if they had a fight and then could never talk again. Those kinds of split up hurt my heart :letalQQ:

5 hours ago, gilaswan said:

One of the themes of the show is making good your circumstances - when life throws you a lemon, make lemonade. I’m not so sure Yijin passed on (I hope not - his life so tough as it is, and then his family too, and for Heedo to lose another dear one to death, so sad). It could well be that for his career and his promise to bring his family together again, he decided to move on, and maybe out of the country. Ah.. still hoping for a fantastical plot twist. 

I can't decide if I think Yi Jin passed away. I'm in 2 minds about it with the mother saying she met him. And I know from interviews that both Kim Tae ri and the director have said that this is a sad story, although I don't know if that refers to moments in this story...or the ending! :thinking:

3 hours ago, movingwheel said:

@gilaswan i swear it will haunt me till Nam Joo Hyuk's next drama if I have to see him dying... I hope after giving such sweet romance , they will show us something different without ripping my heart apart !! I do expect the writers to give us an extraordinary plot twist.... every drama I like (liking to the point of being flawless ) , last one being vincenzo , the lead couple has to be separated...!!!! My Life !!!

@abs-oluteM DO NOT , I Repeat , DO NOT support this ending with death... Shooting for the last episode is still not over...Lol..

Hahahaha, so far it's just me who is ok with death :smile:

Well, I always prepare for the worst case scenario so I'm not shocked if it happens...but if he's alive I'll be happy as long as they didn't fight or have some horrible break up :idk:

LOL people be talking about how Yi Jin is like Do San with the mixed up identity of being an internet friend, but he can't fix his computer :laugh:

Edited by JenL
  • Haha 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL Do you think that YJ likes her the way she is crushing on him ? I feel he hasn't come to the point where he likes her romantically. Like what they always say in dramas as not viewing her as a woman just yet . Yet - being the operative word here of course. It is not even about the age difference since 4 years is no big deal. But it is that they are at very different stations in life. 

@movingwheel ahahah.. I am definitely not hoping for death to be the reason for them not being together. There can be so many reasons that they are not together like what @gilaswan mentioned - perhaps priorities and people change as they enter a different phase in their life,  and that can be a strong enough reason why they aren't together now. 

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@JenL Do you think that YJ likes her the way she is crushing on him ? I feel he hasn't come to the point where he likes her romantically. Like what they always say in dramas as not viewing her as a woman just yet . Yet - being the operative word here of course. It is not even about the age difference since 4 years is no big deal. But it is that they are at very different stations in life. 

Totally agree! I don't think he likes her romantically yet as well. I think she's still in the little sister zone.:lenny:

I feel like they're both aware that they have a deeper connection to each other than they do to others and he admires her because she's so high spirited and is full of perseverance and grit. And I think it reminds him of a time when he felt like anything was possible - she's like a ball of happiness that draws him in. But I don't think it's romantic love just yet and it's probably due to the age/maturity thing since he still thinks she's cute and naive at times, like when she had her boyfriend. There's quite a difference to a high schooler vs. uni kid's views of the world. But the groundwork is there for an attraction because they already have such a strong understanding and empathy to each other's situations and he already spends so much time worrying about/ caring about her. But the beginings of any kind of attraction would be unconcious and dormant in the present :heart:

Haha, I felt the need to respond to a comment, but my thoughts were not unpopular either:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

16 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Hahahahaha. Blue screen of death is a serious issue at that time. I think some of us are still traumatised by it to this day :CubShy::laugh:

Yeah many of my past laptops died from this forever :letalQQ::680695677_HalloweenChampion2020:

I laugh at Baek Yi Jin, but I also do not have Nam Do San's Tech skills :pandahehe:

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL Hahahahaha. Blue screen of death is a serious issue at that time. I think some of us are still traumatised by it to this day :CubShy::laugh:

You can definitely count me in on that one. Up till now, I still don’t trust my laptop/handphone 100%. Will still have crucial things printed out, just in case... Eg. e-ticket and boarding pass, I will have them on my phone, but the printed versions will be available in my bag too. 

I kinda miss printed stuff actually. Used to collect all those specially designed admission tickets to plays/concerts but then one day they started to look all the same with only printed words 😔 and I find no fun and excitement in collecting them anymore. 

• Like 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

On 3/6/2022 at 11:52 AM, abs-oluteM said:

10 hours ago, JenL said:

I feel like they're both aware that they have a deeper connection to each other than they do to others and he admires her because she's so high spirited and is full of perseverance and grit. And I think it reminds him of a time when he felt like anything was possible - she's like a ball of happiness that draws him in. But I don't think it's romantic love just yet and it's probably due to the age/maturity thing since he still thinks she's cute and naive at times, like when she had her boyfriend.

It is disappointing prediction that YJ isnt the father.  The conclusion that they both grew apart future wise is also kinda depressing too.  If the drama goes this direction there wouldnt be any point of the story.  Therefore I will hope for a big surprise ending for the audience.  Not familiar with who the writer is. However, I want to think in this positive way.  Maybe it will be a lost first love connection in the end, and Min chae is biologically one of the groups daughter.

Perhaps being older, YJ is keeping his feelings for HD at arms length.  Expected to see things pick up once HD  is a 21.

Why does subtitles on Netflix keep spelling "Back" instead of "Baek"????  I thought it was a joke af first. But after watching repeative "Back, "back" it becoming annoying.

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, Mizv said:

It is disappointing prediction that YJ isnt the father.  The conclusion that they both grew apart future wise is also kinda depressing too.  If the drama goes this direction there wouldnt be any point of the story.  Therefore I will hope for a big surprise ending for the audience.  Not familiar with who the writer is. However, I want to think in this positive way.  Maybe it will be a lost first love connection in the end, and Min chae is biologically one of the groups daughter.

Perhaps being older, YJ is keeping his feelings for HD at arms length.  Expected to see things pick up once HD  is a 21.

Why does subtitles on Netflix keep spelling "Back" instead of "Baek"????  I thought it was a joke af first. But after watching repeative "Back, "back" it becoming annoying.

I also thought about this before (it should be Baek instead of Back) but now I feel bad to the translator in Nflix bcs the betrayal here:

On 3/1/2022 at 5:11 PM, JenL said:

For everyone triggered by  the fact that Netflix translated 'Baek' as 'Back'...it seems the issue was not Netflix :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I guess it stands really for the majestic "BACK" Yijin

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

my favorite ending are E4 (when HD YJ fencing & lights play) & E5 I keep repeating that. So beautiful, there is something I envy from how romantic that era because the communication/technology limitation but I don't want to going thru that if it makes sense? 😅

OHHHHH I love this drama more & more the pace is really great by far + the directing grows on me AHHHHH ♥♥

cried my eyes out in E7 the struggleeeeee & the way they are still young handling problem with spontaneous reaction ahhhhh

the way Heedo remembers her father by winning her first gold medal tho 🥺🥺 when the good grandpa words come I just can feel her breaking heart in comfort from stranger

I can't hate Yurim toooo, she is just too anxious about this old prodigy Na Heedo, she couldn't think another way because she already choose the career of fencing despite all of the hard times of family it is her life & her future. It's easy for her to just have that way of thinking, not a duo of strongest women in Korean fencing with HD + the way world sees it (her coach, etc) really didn't help her to have breakthrough mind of 'glory'. She is that desperate. I like how later, HD will inspires her as well. They will inspire each other I guess. It will turns beautiful

I'm so invested how this two will grow as an athlete bestie. Hope we can have glimpse of they present time (adult HD x YR) later

FMqnU6yaIAAhSMc?format=jpg&name=medium

and thank you writer to not going for this way of YR x HD x YJ trope. Really.

the way E8 ends sure is conflicted & interesting. I love the idea. It makes the audience seats on the edge. What will happen? YR falls for HD slowly later? YJ clears it up right away or that would be prolonged bcs the way HD excited about it with "I want to win you" he can't just say it right away so the conflict will surface later?

I will think of this drama with anticipation of short span time not the long span time (aka who is the father) to enjoy this bcs the present episode is that greaaaaat. But yeah still hope the writer has 🤯 moment for the ending

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

I did not watch Start Up so I'm not getting any of these references. :lmao2:

@JenL I agreed with you on their relationship. I dont think Yi Jin sees Hee Do as anything more than a good friend right now. They built a deep bond with each other during their darkest hours (still going through it). I think Hee Do's affection for Yi Jin started after he told her that to feel sad after a break up, you have to had been in love first. 

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1
26 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@JenL I agreed with you on their relationship. I dont think Yi Jin sees Hee Do as anything more than a good friend right now. They built a deep bond with each other during their darkest hours (still going through it). I think Hee Do's affection for Yi Jin started after he told her that to feel sad after a break up, you have to had been in love first. 

E8 is having something subtle about that progress of how YJ sees HD as well, but it will be really slow moving until 21 as the synopsis said I guess

very agree about said for YJ to HD is more like subconscious. Because we can't neglect that he just can throws slipper to save HD from the shattered glass but he chooses all the special things? Plus the way he always thinks she is pill of happiness, want to hold her, run with her~

cute.

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

G O O D  V I B E S  

Hi everyone, 

this is my first time posting here, since I cannot resist it anymore. Ep 8 has been rent free in my mind since last Sunday T.T 

I just want to know, does anybody else notice that in the earlier eps it showed that the place Na HeeDo doing her current work has sign of 2521 hanging on the wall, so I was really really curious if NHD didn't end up with BYJ why would she clearly reminiscence her past lover? 

Anyway it's just my own assumption. I can't go thru this week without thinking who the hell is KMC's father, and will the writer really make BYJ's character d-word :'(((((

At first I kinda think that maybe NHD is a single mom and KMC will re-unite her mom and her ex in the present day, but judging by the expression of NHD when her present-day mom said she met BYJ last month, I don't know, let's just hope she really met BYJ in a form of human, not his grave :'(((((((

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 3

Totally enjoying the discussions going on here. Distractions from work... hahaha... I'm just feeling tired and restless at work and looking for a little something else to do. :P

From the synopsis of the show:
• They first met when he was 22 and she was 18, and they were going through difficulties as Korea went through the financial crisis. That season passed in the first 6 episodes when he disappeared for more than half a year.

• Then at 23 and 19, they apparently hurt each other. This is now, and I think the deception of who Injeolmi is is what will cause this hurt. She likes him now and that's what's going to cause the hurt when she finds out he was "helping" Yurim to deceive her. Does he care for her yet? Yeah, I think so. But I don't think he is yet aware of how deeply he cares for her. At this point, he instinctively wants to protect her, but he probably writes it off as her being younger and needing that kind of care. I think there are points where he might be confused, but logic will get the better of him.
• By 24 and 20, I reckon that's when their individual careers will start to take off and that's when their foundational friendship years of being each other's cheer squad will take on a more mature flavour.
• And then when they are 25 and 21 they will understand what a committed relationship is. Our question is - how did that pan out for their later adult years? 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Tasty 1
38 minutes ago, mellytrw said:

I just want to know, does anybody else notice that in the earlier eps it showed that the place Na HeeDo doing her current work has sign of 2521 hanging on the wall, so I was really really curious if NHD didn't end up with BYJ why would she clearly reminiscence her past lover?

sign of 2521? Ooooh I maybe missed this one.

25 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

• Then at 23 and 19, they apparently hurt each other. This is now, and I think the deception of who Injeolmi is is what will cause this hurt. She likes him now and that's what's going to cause the hurt when she finds out he was "helping" Yurim to deceive her. Does he care for her yet? Yeah, I think so. But I don't think he is yet aware of how deeply he cares for her. At this point, he instinctively wants to protect her, but he probably writes it off as her being younger and needing that kind of care. I think there are points where he might be confused, but logic will get the better of him.

ah you got a point about how this arc will goes in next ep 😎

• Like 5

G O O D  V I B E S  

Arrrghh!!! The blue screen happened to me!! I was working and left to get lunch, and it already started when I got back. Huhuuuu, I want to continue working so I can go watch my dramas.

Working on updates xx%

Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while

Your PC will restart several times

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Arrrghh!!! The blue screen happened to me!! I was working and left to get lunch, and it already started when I got back. Huhuuuu, I want to continue working so I can go watch my dramas.

Working on updates xx%

Don't turn off your PC. This will take a while

Your PC will restart several times

argghhhhhhhh hahahahaha

but no its not crucial as YJ I hope & so he would scream over the blanket it is kind of sad :(())

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

3 minutes ago, bai said:

argghhhhhhhh hahahahaha

but no its not crucial as YJ I hope & so he would scream over the blanket it is kind of sad :(())

I don't know what will happen after the updates, hopefully it won't cause anything bad to my work, which was left opened, and I can immediately continue working. The thing I hated the most about these updates is that it's really ta~~king a W.H.I.L.E..... Still at 22% now.... :nervous:

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

@ktcjdrama 90s were the best days of my life too.... i just got introduced to internet when i was in 6th standard which is 2001 so in india we got intriduced to internet but it became mainstream quite late... i gradually understood the we can do things beyond ms dos , paint and notepad...lol... i thank my cousin for that who made me understood what internet is.... i used to go to cafe just to write him email.... 

did you save your work?? you can always reschedule your work for later time outside office time...

• Like 6

Currently watching

K-Drama :  

C-Drama :  Road Home

6 minutes ago, movingwheel said:

did you save your work?? you can always reschedule your work for later time outside office time...

It's still only 26% now... I'm gonna go watch dramas instead, LOL!!  

I work from home, so no office hours to observe. Just that I was already getting into it and hated the disruption because then later I need to tune my mind in again. The work should be saved automatically...? It's mostly the data that I needed to look at from a particular application on that laptop. Oh well... no use staring at the blue screen, may as well go entertain myself, haha...

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif