To Fly With You 陪你逐风飞翔 [2021]

Tofu

21 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

okie i pick it up and i watch it....so far their interaction is cute....lols....two big adult facing off for the kids in the ring lols....

i guess i will continue with this one @Tofu

anyone else watching? @Mouse @Yana @movingwheel@IpohBanana ??? 

To my chagrin, I actually watched Our Secrets, which has a large portion devoted to secondary school life, then Uni life.  As an ahjumma, I felt a little out of place to be watching something of that genre but nevertheless enjoyed both ML and FL's interactions, particularly as I liked Renascence and the ML was there too. I'll think about giving this a shot. Will let u know if I start watching this.

• Haha 2

@IpohBanana I'm not a big fan of school/youth dramas either. I've watched a couple and liked them but I'm usually not drawn to them initially. Chen Zheyuan is adorable so I'll probably watch him in anything. Haha! How did you sit through the craziness of Renascence? :lmao2:

Beisheng is falling in love with Zhengyi quite fast even though their boyfriend/girlfriend contract says they shouldn't develop feelings for each other. I loved that he is helping her learn more about speed skating when he is a figure skater and not a speed skater. Haha! 

The girls on the speed skating team are so annoying. I don't think I can ever talk back to a coach like that, even if I don't agree with their training methods. 

The airing schedule is also really strange. I don't understand if it's one or two episodes because only one came out on Tuesday, but there were two episodes today. :idk:

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Tofu said:

The airing schedule is also really strange. I don't understand if it's one or two episodes because only one came out on Tuesday, but there were two episodes today. :idk:

to put it simply

Sat to Thurs - 2 episodes each day

Fri - 1 episodes

22 hours ago, Tofu said:

The girls on the speed skating team are so annoying. I don't think I can ever talk back to a coach like that, even if I don't agree with their training methods. 

they are over the top and they thought too highly of themselves....if they are great they would have created some name for themselves in the skating arena which didnt happen.....

actually we should thank their ignorance, because of their ignorance, the coach has the times to concentrate fully on ZhengYi, it gave her the change to improve tremendously....as when the coach has the times to go on 1 to 1 with any player, they will definitely improve by leap and bounds......the coach is sharp on seeing their imperfection and knew how to force them to improve however one thing is that she lack on the communication as she expect blind trust from the team...ZhengYi learn it the hard way....so maybe thats why she believe in the coach or she probably hungry for any coaching since she didnt has it first handed with the mother being the main obstacles i felt...

22 hours ago, Tofu said:

Beisheng is falling in love with Zhengyi quite fast even though their boyfriend/girlfriend contract says they shouldn't develop feelings for each other. I loved that he is helping her learn more about speed skating when he is a figure skater and not a speed skater. Haha! 

lols ZhengYi start seeing BeiSheng in different light after know he was the one who actually save her and not the coach....and i like how BeiSheng helping her with her cornering....

she is having the most difficulty with her cornering that make her lost her control...

however BeiSheng excelling in the figure skating had given him the perfect cornering experience....and he is able to lead his partner into believing in him that he can lead them out of the knot of worrying over cornering....

• Clapping Hands 1

This dude is tooo hot!  Seriously he was born perfect. I noticed him in another time machine drama,  Nice to see his hair here. This role is nicely let me get to drool is muscular body.  

Anyway. This drama is really reminding me of the movie Cutting Edge with DB Sweeney… in his better looking younger days.  

Sweet and light drama to watch.  Looking forward to having a daily dose of hotness.  I think the drama runs 2 episodes per day?  

the workout of these skaters are insane.  Find it interesting how much detail goes into training…. Watching from my couch :lmao2:

Edited by Mizv
  • Haha 2

On 11/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, NiteWalker said:

Sat to Thurs - 2 episodes each day

Fri - 1 episodes

This turned out not to be true because on Friday, there was no episode and then today, there were three episodes. I think I've given up on trying to figure it out. Haha!

On 11/25/2021 at 10:36 PM, NiteWalker said:

they are over the top and they thought too highly of themselves....if they are great they would have created some name for themselves in the skating arena which didnt happen.

I actually find it a bit fascinating that the top girl (I forget her name) is that vindictive. Consistent training is important for someone's growth because the moment you stop, you can feel the difference in strength when you start up again. What the lead coach said was accurate about her too. She's so used to training by herself with the male coach, she's not given the opportunity to learn how to move around people, adjust her speed, etc. While speed skating is an individual sport, you're out on the rink with other people when you're competing. It's like like figuring skating where you are alone in the rink. 

I'm glad to see some shifts in attitude with majority of the speed skater by the end of episode 10. They are as close to the national team as possible. You don't work that hard to let it all go because one of your friends tell you to not go to training. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:30 PM, Mizv said:

Nice to see his hair here.

HAHAHAHAHA!! I think Wang Anyu is the only actor I know (and can remember) who can have longer hair, buzzed hair, or no hair and still look good. 

On 11/26/2021 at 6:30 PM, Mizv said:

the workout of these skaters are insane.  Find it interesting how much detail goes into training…. Watching from my couch

LOL!! I feel the same way too. Maybe by the end of the drama, I can learn to absorb some of their motivation. :laugh:

I feel extremely bad for Beisheng. Transitioning from a pair skater to a solo skater is not easy because the footwork and technicality of the two are so different. It's interesting to see him land both the double and triple axel in his little demonstration for everyone. Those are not easy jumps. If anyone is curious, the axel jump is one of the most difficult jump because it's a forward takeoff whereas the other jumps are a backward takeoff. The axel also has an extra half rotation so a double axel is actually 2.5 rotation. Only a handful of women figure skaters have successfully landed a triple axel in major competitions. With men figure skating, quads have become a thing so it's more common to see a male figure skater to land a triple axel. This is why if you ever watch figure skating on TV, the commentators are always super excited to see someone land one. 

Right now, I don't want to see the two siblings mess with this couple! :pandacop:

spacer.png

They both did a live today and some clips from that --- too cute!!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

These extremely adorable BTS!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Haha 1
On 11/28/2021 at 5:01 AM, Tofu said:

This turned out not to be true because on Friday, there was no episode and then today, there were three episodes. I think I've given up on trying to figure it out. Haha!

for those waiting for Eng subs it will be different, as it was different for me.....since im following it on their website instead so the schedule is quite true for me lols....those waiting for Eng subs might have a bit delay i felt...

I actually find it a bit fascinating that the top girl (I forget her name) is that vindictive. Consistent training is important for someone's growth because the moment you stop, you can feel the difference in strength when you start up again. What the lead coach said was accurate about her too. She's so used to training by herself with the male coach, she's not given the opportunity to learn how to move around people, adjust her speed, etc. While speed skating is an individual sport, you're out on the rink with other people when you're competing. It's like like figuring skating where you are alone in the rink. 

somehow she felt that the male coach is hers....and i had a feeling she is also harboring something more for the coach....she doesnt like it when he pay some attention to ZhengYi, which is why she targeted her.....she failed to see that ZhengYi is someone who can actually out-perform her very soon if she continue to stay in the bubble.....

I'm glad to see some shifts in attitude with majority of the speed skater by the end of episode 10. They are as close to the national team as possible. You don't work that hard to let it all go because one of your friends tell you to not go to training.

yes it was good to feel the shift though i was feeling that they were let off lightly.....though i guess they cant do much however since it involved the whole team......

On 11/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, Mizv said:

the workout of these skaters are insane.  Find it interesting how much detail goes into training…. Watching from my couch :lmao2:

i always love sport training series to be honest....cause it show us the extreme of their training which is very true for those who want to excel to in the field of their choice....

• Like 1

@Tofu I guess I am a sucker for anything that has magical elements in the story. So, Renascence appealed to me in that way. I didn't think much of the FL's face though her acting was suitable for the drama. I had no idea Chen Zhe Yuan was so young when he acted in that drama, and of course the HE helped. His large eyes reminded me of goldfish's eyes...lol

I watched one episode of To Fly With You... and haven't been really sucked into it yet. Watching Novoland and Love At Night. Will watch this when those two end, which is real soon.

• Like 2

@NiteWalker With sports dramas/movies, I think I find appreciation for the people who are so invested in those sports. It takes a lot of dedication and time. Are you caught up with the drama? I'm up to episode 12, and the second female lead is so shameless. She dropped everything and returned back to be "with" Beisheng but he doesn't want anything to do with her. I can't imagine giving someone that much power over me. I hope she realize it soon. 

@IpohBanana His eyes did look like they were going to fall out of his sockets. :lmao2: I think his acting has improved since then. I watched the drama but skipped through majority of it towards the end. With this drama, I think you have to set your expectations low when it comes to the technical aspects of both sports. It doesn't do the greatest job as explaining or showing that, but the relationships is where it's at. The second couple even dated in real life after they finished filming! No idea if they are still together though. 

• Like 1

The episodes air two different versions.  TV and DVD.  Different numbering and different length.  basically same but makes everything confusing.  I just stick with the site that posted fastest and less confusing for me. 

I actually get excited when they are on the ice.  I can’t do what they are doing but I get this thill.  Shao B  has fallen hard for ZY.  ZY is drawn to him  without even realizing it.  Noticed she didn’t even object when he claimed he was his girlfriend to his solo rival.  

I don’t know why they are waiting scenes on Coach Xio.  He does nothing but make a comment then stare off in space.  pretty much can skip his scenes. He is repeatedly saying the same thing each scene too. 

the contract between ZY and Shao B seems to gotten lost when the training started.  Shao B former partner has been MIA, and his current partner is in love with him.  

i look forward to see the past come up between ZY and SB moms.  There is a history there.  

• Like 2

On 11/30/2021 at 8:32 AM, Tofu said:

@NiteWalker With sports dramas/movies, I think I find appreciation for the people who are so invested in those sports. It takes a lot of dedication and time. Are you caught up with the drama? I'm up to episode 12, and the second female lead is so shameless. She dropped everything and returned back to be "with" Beisheng but he doesn't want anything to do with her. I can't imagine giving someone that much power over me. I hope she realize it soon.

i didnt watch anything yesterday....too tired....got sick from food poisoning.......so u can just imagine lols....

er who is the 2nd lead you're talking about? BeiSheng ex partner? or new partner?

• Like 1

okie i got it....u mean the brother and sister @Tofu

well i can tell the brother isnt true to ShengYi, he was just going to train her to be the stepping stones for his golden girl....

while for the sister....i really dunno what to say of her....she as a figure skater, she should know what that BeiSheng did is for his own best and goal and also dream....

he no longer can do double figure skating due to his hand injuries.....so what the hell does she means by asking him to give up.....honestly.....she is a bit too much!!!

i prefer ShengYi approach more....she stood by him and encourage him and ask him straight to make him fall out of his knot to ensure he live up to his own goal!

• Like 1

I've been too lazy to post, but I am caught up with all the episodes (except for today's). 

Beisheng is so :PikachuFacePalm:

I can't believe he was so proud of himself when he ripped the contract in front of her pretending that he has someone else he's interested in. This boy has spent way too much time on the ice. 

On 12/1/2021 at 2:34 AM, NiteWalker said:

i prefer ShengYi approach more....she stood by him and encourage him and ask him straight to make him fall out of his knot to ensure he live up to his own goal!

I think the difference between Shengyi and the female figure skater is that Shengyi tries to understand him whereas, the other girl just does what she thinks is best for him. I'm a bit annoyed by her presence but I guess one good thing is that she's jealous of Beisheng's affection towards Shengyi but she hasn't purposely done anything mean to Shengyi. 

9 hours ago, Mizv said:

Just waiting for things to heat up when the moms comes head to head.

Same. I'm interested to see find out what happened during the race because whatever happened is the reason why Coach Zhuang is so strict about safety. 

• Like 1

Spent the last few days catching up (not quite, but almost) with this drama. I thought it had a rocky beginning. There were so many different plot lines with choppy editing and abrupt scene shifts. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but kept watching anyway because I enjoyed the OTP and particularly their bickering.  (I also really enjoy Song Zu'er performance in this drama.)  Now I'm glad I stuck with the drama because it definitely got better, and I'm quite enjoying it.  It's light and fun, and I like the stories of friendship and team-building.  (Just wish the Xiao Qing didn't make me groan so much with all the wrenches she likes to throw in the Shen Zheng Yi and Shao Bei Sheng's path...) 

The only thing about this drama is... it uses a lot of the background music from "Gank Your Heart."  Which tends to pull me out of this drama to start thinking about that one... particularly when there are actor overlaps (the school doctor is Luo Tian from GYH; the ML's father is the Legends CEO in GYH; the coach from the competing team is the VNG CEO in GYH; and one of the ML's ice skating friends was a member of the VNG team). 

Given that both dramas are directed by the same person (Sha Wei Qi) the overlap is not so surprising, particularly in the use of the same actors.  Directors often choose to work people they already know.  But using the same background music?  That's not as commonly seen and it makes me wonder if it was laziness, a budgeting decision, or whether it was a deliberate decision to make it an Easter egg/informal link between the dramas, or something like that.  After all, it didn't escape my notice that the Chinese title of "To Fly With You" is 陪你逐风飞翔 and "Gank Your Heart's" is 陪你到世界之巅.  Both drama titles start with 陪你 (Accompany you)... 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

This is drama is trippin me out on the ice.  When I see ZY sweat and move fast… am sweating and out of breathe too. :lmao2:

learning a lot about this sport.   

XQ is sneaky.  She took SBS spot as revenge.

overall good points about this drama is teamwork, and integrity.

what is SBS studying in college btw.

These kids have it easy. I don’t see them crash studying 

• Like 2

@themarchioness I have not watched Gank Your Heart so I didn't notice the difference. I should probably watch that drama when I have time. I think I've heard it mentioned a few times now. 

Can't believe tomorrow is the last day already! :letalQQ:

What I liked about this couple is that they worked everything out and did not separate for any unnecessary reasons. :LarvitarSDab1:

Cute ending.  glad didn’t see QX again.  It was good the Moms reconciled.

Love the camera angle in last episodes.  made the races exciting.  The only thing I would recommend is ditching the flying in air move with arms crossed.  That move kept looking so fake!  Made me roll my eyes.  otherwise learning alot of impressive work outs.  Will I try if?  Naw am too lazy:smile: 

• Haha 1

So… the last scene of To Fly With You takes place in the same place as the last scene of GYH. That has to be intentional. 😝

On 12/9/2021 at 8:04 PM, Tofu said:

@themarchioness I have not watched Gank Your Heart so I didn't notice the difference. I should probably watch that drama when I have time. I think I've heard it mentioned a few times now. 

It is one of my favorite dramas and having watched it as many times as I have, it’s no wonder I would recognize the background music immediately. It’s was kind of weird watching scenes with Director Liu and the GYH music playing in the background of To Fly With You given that he was in both dramas, heh.

• Haha 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

@Mizv Hahaha! Yes, you can definitely tell that those parts were fake. :laugh: I also thought that I should write down their workout routines too, but who am I kidding, I probably won't really do them. :idk:

12 hours ago, themarchioness said:

So… the last scene of To Fly With You takes place in the same place as the last scene of GYH. That has to be intentional.

That is way too funny!! :lmao2::lmao2: I guess that's the place you go to confess your love. HAHAHA!!