​ ❄️🌿 ​Wintergarden ❄️🌿​ | Ahn Jeong-won & Jang Gyeo-ul

Jane

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I don't think she did...not even after he did that to her.

If she didn't, I really want them to give us a shot of it next season on her desk or locker or something! :love:

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I know opposing ships said it was just JW being kind but in drama land , as far as I am concerned , every gesture is deliberate. At this point do you think he liked her ? Like in a romantic sense? Those extra few seconds of him looking at her makes me wonder how deep his feelings were then

Exactly. Why waste screen time on gestures that are useless to the narrative. No, I don't think Jeong-won knew he liked her in a romantic sense yet. Not until he confirms it himself. I think it's like what Mr Darcy said to Elizabeth, "I was in the middle before I knew I had begun."

Edited by Jane
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Hi all, I apologize beforehand if this issue is sensitive or bring negativity. But I'm really curious to know. I routinely search winter garden word in twitter everyday and today found some beefs in the search tag, calling winter garden toxic. I actually don't have a fan acc and not really befriend with them as I only use personal acc, I only follow K-fans accs and one-two intl fan acc which not really active talking about winter garden currently. I know some of you here been active in twitter too, so I wonder if anyone here could help to elaborate what happened? Thank you!

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, left_phalange said:

Hi all, I apologize beforehand if this issue is sensitive or bring negativity. But I'm really curious to know. I routinely search winter garden word in twitter everyday and today found some beefs in the search tag, calling winter garden toxic. I actually don't have a fan acc and not really befriend with them as I only use personal acc, I only follow K-fans accs and one-two intl fan acc which not really active talking about winter garden currently. I know some of you here been active in twitter too, so I wonder if anyone here could help to elaborate what happened? Thank you!

I have never come across any though...or maybe I have too many pro-WG accounts that I am following ...lol! Maybe @Jane may know. I do believe when the drama was airing , there were definitely some opposing ships that felt that way about WG . I am not surprised :D

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@left_phalange A couple of days ago, there were reports of some accounts engaging in the doxxing of another account. You can imagine the drama that went down for that. Most of those tweets are gone at this point so today’s tweets may seem rather out of the blue.

Today, some accounts took the opportunity that the incident presented to point out the larger issue that the many behaviours that have been swirling around the community since S1 are considered toxic. This was probably the thread you saw:

I will admit that I was also taken aback at first but as I considered the points that the thread was making and remembering what happened during S1, I realised they were right. A lot of this toxic behaviours happened, in the name of defending the ship, having fun or just not realising we were engaging in toxic behaviours.

So personally I see this as a critical moment for the fandom to reflect on ourselves and to be a better community when S2 comes around. My own thoughts here.

Hope that helps :)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, Jane said:

@left_phalange A couple of days ago, there were reports of some accounts engaging in the doxxing of another account. You can imagine the drama that went down for that. Most of those tweets are gone at this point so today’s tweets may seem rather out of the blue.

Today, some accounts took the opportunity that the incident presented to point out the larger issue that the many behaviours that have been swirling around the community since S1 are considered toxic. This was probably the thread you saw:

Aaah that's news to me. The last fuss I knew is certain fanbase who blocked winter garden fans acc lol. Yes those are one of the tweet I saw today but most people who respond to the thread are also winter garden fans so I can't really fathom what's the matter. Well, truth to be told I used to write anything too in my twitter acc when season 1 aired, including ranting about theories or what happened in forum lol but yeah to go that extent (doxxing) is a big no. And I agree, better never engage to those who disagree with us or worse, seeking for a fight/negativity first. Unless they directly challenge us, but we always have an option to ignore. I don't think it's worth it to risking the actor/actress or fandom name for a repetitive fanwar. Thank you @Jane for explaining to me :)

I said this earlier that I routinely check winter garden on search tag, I'm happy anytime I found other people, who I don't know personally, cherish and talk about winter garden and claim themselves as a fan. Not only on twitter, but YT comment section, IG, etc. I'm confident to say that winter garden is widely loved and accepted. Means that winter garden fans are everywhere, not limited only to those who mutually friends on twitter or us here in forum. I guess to be taken aback by that "toxic" label is natural, because honestly me too haha, and since I also don't know what happened in those circle and never involve at all... maybe it's like @abs-oluteM who fortunately never come across to those bad behaviors. But as I'm saying, winter garden fans isn't limited to certain group, there's a whole world out there, I hope the fans who discover the thread don't immediately feel bad or continue feel discouraged by that label.

By the way, tomorrow is Thursday, hope Shin PD will be kind (again) to us to give new winter garden contents!

• Heart Eyes 3
On 12/22/2020 at 5:24 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

7. What do you think will Season 2 focus on with regards to this ship?

A reversal of everything that happened in S1. Ahn Jeong-won will be the most attentive boyfriend on Planet Hospital.

They will get engaged and be married by the end of S2. Why? He's 41 and Catholic. Rosa wants. What Rosa wants, Rosa gets.

I would love to see this as well!  Rosa gets what she wants, and she knows what she wants because she knows that suits her son the best :love:

I know some feel that they may need to wait because of GU's career, but I (and maybe I am over romantic) personally hope that they would not have to choose one over the other.  This is not to say that she should give up what she has planned, or that they would just live happily (and unrealistically) ever after while handling love, family and career like super people with no struggles.  I think there is a lot room to explore about the possibility/challenges of a woman achieving her best in career with the full support of her spouse / in-laws, while also allowing a few breaks in between for a family.  This is not just because of JW's 40+; however, their gap in age and position could actually allow JW to play a more supportive role in the relationship, caring for GU while she works to pass the board, or even taking a sabbatical when they decide to expand the family.  

I am also writing this based on my own interpretation of GU.  While she is super dedicated to her job / patients (almost to the determent of her own welfare), I did not feel that she was doing it because she already has a well mapped out timetable for career milestones / achievements.  Even her taking on the role of CR so early was not due to her own plan / moves.  She is motivated and ambitious to excel in every task that is put in front of her, and that could also include being a girlfriend, wife, and mom.  I think the key is for them to both be open and honest to each other, and not make their own assumptions about the other without talking it out first (I think JW might even be the one struggling with this more, assuming that GU is not ready/wants to finish fellowship first, etc., while GU is open to the idea of settling down first:nervous:)... 

Of course, this is all just my interpretation + personal wish; I think we will be pleasantly satisfied whatever ShinLee have in store for us in S2.  

• Heart Eyes 4
On 1/7/2021 at 12:59 AM, left_phalange said:

And I agree, better never engage to those who disagree with us or worse, seeking for a fight/negativity first. Unless they directly challenge us, but we always have an option to ignore. I don't think it's worth it to risking the actor/actress or fandom name for a repetitive fanwar. Thank you @Jane for explaining to me :)

Yup yup! I live by the "Scroll Past" motto and to not be reactive. 

Hi @AABattery , welcome! Feel free to answer the questions if you want to as well! 

12 hours ago, AABattery said:

I know some feel that they may need to wait because of GU's career, but I (and maybe I am over romantic) personally hope that they would not have to choose one over the other. 

I have recently been feeling the same way as well. If they are sure of each other as their life partner, there is no need to delay marriage and like you said, in marriage, they would be able to support each other even more. There would also be a permanency to one aspect of their lives while GU continues to forge forward in her career. However I am saying this without in-depth knowledge of Korean society and what marriage may reflect on women's career and whether there would be adverse effects. Unfair, of course, as marriage should not be a factor to stymy one's career.

• Heart Eyes 2

Helloooo @AABattery. Welcome to JangHaven & to this thread. I am so looking forward to Season2. I do hope for bigger & better things for our WG. One of the things I do look forward to is how this will be revealed to the rest...ahahaha will it be kept a secret first? @Jane @left_phalange

No surprise here. That the kiss scene is the #1 Naver video for HP

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 1/9/2021 at 5:47 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Helloooo @AABattery. Welcome to JangHaven & to this thread. I am so looking forward to Season2. I do hope for bigger & better things for our WG. One of the things I do look forward to is how this will be revealed to the rest...ahahaha will it be kept a secret first? @Jane @left_phalange

I don't think so, Songhwa already knew at least about Jeongwon likes Gyeoul and he too seems fine to say "There's someone I want to tell first" maybe they will only tell their close friend first. I don't know how the lacking 5 doing but if this is in real life, I'm sure Songhwa and Ikjun are sharing stories or gossiping about Jeongwon and Gyeoul hahaha

Hi @AABattery couldn't agree more with your interpretation of Gyeoul. I have the same thoughts as you. Besides, Bidulgi already had marriage issue I wish ShinLee don't recycle the same thing with wintergarden.

On 1/9/2021 at 1:46 AM, AABattery said:

I think the key is for them to both be open and honest to each other, and not make their own assumptions about the other without talking it out first (I think JW might even be the one struggling with this more, assuming that GU is not ready/wants to finish fellowship first, etc., while GU is open to the idea of settling down first:nervous:)... 

Gyeoul is a person who always wears her heart on her sleeve, she's honest and brave. This makes it a little hard for me to figure out what could be their obstacle in season 2. If it's a communication, the couple in Prison Playbook have this kind of problem too, Jehyuk tends to hide and keep his problem to himself, whenever he loses a game he doesn't call Jiho, his gf. I can see this in Jeongwon, plus Jeongwon is kinda indecisive. Jiho then feels Jehyuk doesn't love her enough to trust and be open to her. But I don't see Gyeoul to be like this, since she doesn't have prejudice she's not easy to make a bad assumption. Gyeoul can be very upfront to Ikjun, her supervisor, let alone to her boyfriend later. I hope ShinLee will be consistent with this character of Gyeoul.

• Heart Eyes 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Yippeee @Jane @left_phalange are we getting more WG content tonight? Over 5 mins of content!!!!

I haven't had time to scrub through the entire episode yet but I think it is from minute 24 ..the famous bare foot run scene 

Spoiler

• Heart Eyes 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today we had the allergy scene...we know now of course that this was so important because he was really worried about her after he found out , and we didn't know till eps 12 that he had gone check on her. 

• Heart Eyes 1

EVERYBODY, ATTENTION! The 41st Blue Dragon Awards is going to be held tomorrow and the actors behind our favourite ship are both up for awards. YES, BOTH!

Shin Hyun Been is up for Best New Actress for her role in Beasts Clawing at Straws. Yoo Yeon Seok is up for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Steel Rain 2. He will also MC the show with veteran actress Kim Hye Soo. Both SHB and YYS won the popularity vote for their respective categories last year before the ceremony was postponed. The popular vote will make up a portion of their score for the award. 

Fingers crossed for them! Because how awesome would it be to go into Season 2 to say that our favourite ship is played by Blue Dragon Award winning actors!

Edited by Jane
  • Clapping Hands 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2021 at 5:56 PM, ryanallright said:

Hibernate for too long.

S2 is finally coming pretty soon even though there is still a few months away.

Can't wait to see how WG progress in S2

Hi Ryan, how have you been! Haha your signature's gif is perfect for the post. Gosh, the waiting feels never-ending at this point. I think I will start getting really antsy for the trailer after they finish airing Wise Camping Life and it's still not in sight.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...