Love In Contract 월수금화목토 [2022]

@stroppyse GKP’s name is listed 1st , so I suppose traditionally he’s the ML . But from what I see , given their pictorial as well as JY having a fair screen time from eps 2 onwards  , it’s gonna be an unusual love triangle. GKP’s character is pretty mysterious and keeps you guessing. JY’s backstory with her is interesting too. 

So far I like it & it’s fun for me . 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Started this today and so far, I'm obsessed. :wow:

I am intrigued by both Sang Eun and Ji-Ho's past. I get the impression they are both dealing with some form of trauma. It looks like Ji-Ho liked Sang-Eun from the very beginning although it is not clear how he even found out about her and why he said "for the first time, I wanted to save someone". Did he already know about her before meeting her? 

I am also curious about what he does for a living but clearly he does well for himself. I'm thinking he might be a lawyer or prosecutor or some kind of special detective? Him looking at the pictures of the dead woman while holding a knife I think is meant to mislead. I think he is trying to re-enact the crime in order to piece together what happened and to maybe figure out who the potential killer might be. 

I wonder who Sang-Eun really is. She seems to come from a wealthy family but I am not sure what her real identity is. As much as that Lady Yoo appears to hate her, there also seems to be some affection there but I am not sure how they are connected to each other.

One thing is for sure, Sang Eun and Ji-Ho already have feelings for each other so I am not sure where Jae-young fits in. Also, at this point he is still unaware of Sang Eun's contract marriage with Ji-Ho so I am curious to see how he ends up being her "Tuesdays & Thursdays".

I am personally rooting for Ji-Ho though... LOL

• Like 5

spacer.pngQueen of Tears, My Lovely Runner, Doctor Slump

For episode 2, I decided to watch C-sub instead because of the horrendous grammar errors I am seeing in episode 1 from the dark side. However, I am also unsure whether the C-translation is accurate. In episode 2, Ji Ho said the nature of his job is to "end someone's life". What about the English subs? @stroppyse if you are watching, can you please clarify for us? Thank you in advance.

Ji Ho is such a somber kind of character, and I wonder why. He seems to have "family" but it's obvious that he has cut ties with them. Maybe he was an orphan and grew up at relatives' house and was abused.

As for Sang Eun, Kang Hae Jin mentioned (again, this is C-sub) that Jamie is the only daughter of Ina Group. Somehow I get the vibe that Madam Yoo is contracted to specially groom some girls into pairing up with other chaebol or some sort. :idk:

I like all the mysteries going on behind all these characters. It keeps you wanting more. And I'm enjoying the tension between Ji Ho and Sang Eun, hehehe.

And yes, I am also rooting for Ji Ho. Both leads already have feelings for one another anyway.

• Like 5

Hae Jin...even his cat, Jamie doesn't love him ...how? LOL. That is some big foreshadowing that the real Jamie will obviously end up with JH. I feel sorry for Hae Jin since he's really got no chance. So what kind of love triangle is this suppose to be? :psweatduck:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Awesome 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ohhhhh...this is getting more interesting....I found this comment on MDL by user named Siti

Spoiler

I feel it's an important point but it was not subtitled on Prime Video. It seems Ji Ho was previously married to a Jung Ji Eun in Jun 2013 and divorced in Aug 2015. He married Sang Eun in Apr 2017. The scene where he was looking at a paper and tore it (timestamp: 23:17). The current timeline is Jun/Jul 2022 since Sang Eun's Canada flight ticket is dated Jul 2022.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

16 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

In episode 2, Ji Ho said the nature of his job is to "end someone's life". What about the English subs? @stroppyse if you are watching, can you please clarify for us? Thank you in advance.

It could be taken that way. His words are more literally "Ending someone's normal life is my job, but when I saw her, for the first time in my life, I thought that I wanted to rescue someone."

So, I feel the drama is being deliberately vague. So, his words could mean he kills people, however, it could also mean that he cleans up after dead people, or even that he's a corporate troubleshooter who fires people.

Sorry for not being more help.

I watched ep 2 so that I could find this scene and translate it. I'm not sure that I'm completely taken with this drama yet, though I am rather taken with JiHo. Something about him seems so lonely, and he's trying his best. It's clear that he has feelings for Sang Eun. As she does for him.

Totally had to laugh at the messes that SE made in the kitchen every time she cooks, and JH's face each time as he has to clean up. :lmao2:

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 3
On 9/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, stroppyse said:

So, I feel the drama is being deliberately vague. So, his words could mean he kills people, however, it could also mean that he cleans up after dead people, or even that he's a corporate troubleshooter who fires people.

Stalking the lady, and stabbing at the pic was enough for me to assume…weirdo.  😂

On 9/23/2022 at 6:01 AM, abs-oluteM said:

seems Ji Ho was previously married to a Jung Ji Eun in Jun 2013 and divorced in Aug 2015. He married Sang Eun in Apr 2017. The scene where he was looking at a paper and tore it (timestamp: 23:17). The current timeline is Jun/Jul 2022 since Sang Eun's Canada flight ticket is dated Jul 2022.

Am lost here.  The only thing I caught was he saw the travel itinerary and decided it was time to end their contract.

On 9/23/2022 at 7:06 PM, stroppyse said:

Totally had to laugh at the messes that SE made in the kitchen every time she cooks, and JH's face each time as he has to clean up.

Can relate, happens with DH in real life 😳😏😀

On 9/23/2022 at 5:05 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Hae Jin...even his cat, Jamie doesn't love him.            

Enjoying the comedy.  Both guys are totally weirdos.   

Hint Madam Woo is a mistress? Interesting everyone has a background story.  Got me pulled in by the hook.

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 4

On 9/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, stroppyse said:

Totally had to laugh at the messes that SE made in the kitchen every time she cooks, and JH's face each time as he has to clean up.

I was rather amused that he bought a whole chunk of cleaning detergents (including 2 big bottle of bleach) :laugh:. He must be a clean/neat freak. Ji Ho is not as stoic as I initially thought, at least we got to see him dread cleaning after Sang Eun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ji Ho is not as stoic as I initially thought, at least we got to see him dread cleaning after Sang Eun.

Yes, plus his desperate eyes when SE comes in with grocery to cook. :laugh:

I'm also curious as to how SE thinks their marriage contract is a way to "save" SE.

Btw, I was a little surprised that SE actually does marry each man who requests it. I wonder what she would have done if one of her "husbands" had refused to divorce her? I mean, she is a very accomplished wife to have, so I'm surprised one of the men didn't just want her to stay. I guess she could also use a nuclear option of threatening to tell people about their sham marriage, if the men didn't do as they were supposed to do and divorce her. I was just thinking that in RL, this kind of occupation would be really hard to maintain. And, if she actually got a fan/stalker who became her client... I guess then this drama would be a thriller horror rather than a rom-com.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Btw, I was a little surprised that SE actually does marry each man who requests it. I wonder what she would have done if one of her "husbands" had refused to divorce her? I mean, she is a very accomplished wife to have, so I'm surprised one of the men didn't just want her to stay. I guess she could also use a nuclear option of threatening to tell people about their sham marriage, if the men didn't do as they were supposed to do and divorce her. I was just thinking that in RL, this kind of occupation would be really hard to maintain. And, if she actually got a fan/stalker who became her client... I guess then this drama would be a thriller horror rather than a rom-com.

I thought the same too, especially in East Asian culture, the marriage that really counts (to the oldies) is the traditional ceremony not the legal papers. She could totally get away with not actually being legally married. Multiple times in kdramas, the couple would have the wedding first and do the wedding register later. Although over here, they can sign the papers on the spot too with the witnesses there during the wedding ceremony/reception.

Plus being divorced 12 times, wouldn't the authority find that fishy? I suppose there's no law that limit the number of times a person can marry or divorce, not unless the husbands keep dying. LOL (and the drama becomes crime thriller genre).

Most of her clients are desperate to to please family or friends so if they misbehave, this would become public so the clients wouldn't want that. But then she also has client like Ji Ho, whom I assumed she never had to meet his family so we don't quite know how or why she agreed to marry him and of what reason. I guess that is why she also learns martial arts to protect herself. Her gay best friend might also be her best shield when it comes to saesang.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But then she also has client like Ji Ho, whom I assumed she never had to meet his family so we don't quite know how or why she agreed to marry him and of what reason.

That's a really good point. JH asks her to marry him, but it was really just to have dinner like a married couple rather than because he needed to present his wife to anyone. I guess for SE, it was good money and an easy client, so why not marry him. However, it makes me wonder if JH married SE so that she couldn't marry anyone else? Was that his way of "rescuing" her until she moved abroad?

I thought the same too, especially in East Asian culture, the marriage that really counts (to the oldies) is the traditional ceremony not the legal papers. She could totally get away with not actually being legally married.

That's what I thought she was doing as well, just having the ceremony without registering the marriage, until I saw her list of divorces.

Plus being divorced 12 times, wouldn't the authority find that fishy?

Well, I think if one of her husbands ended up dead, then they might look into it and find it fishy? However, that would be an entirely different genre drama rather than a rom-com. :pandapray:

• Like 3
23 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Plus being divorced 12 times, wouldn't the authority find that fishy? I suppose there's no law that limit the number of times a person can marry or divorce, not unless the husbands keep dying. LOL (and the drama becomes crime thriller genre

I wonder too...isn't there some sort of cooling of period?  But then again she may not have married all her clients consecutively ( as in for those who required legal papers)

-----------------

Subbed film making

Spoiler

New stills...getting hot in here

115669253.1.jpg

Spoiler

115669252.1.jpg

So will the tables turn for my baby Hae Jin?  :heiboi:

optimize

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Star Struck 1

@abs-oluteM I believe over here there's a 14 days period where you can change your mind after signing your life away to a marriage. Not sure about divorce. I'd imagine it to be the same.

@stroppyse Do you remember there was a scene whereby Sang Eun was narrating about her job and how many times she had divorced? She was holding the paper in front of the building. I remember in the long preview, there was a similar scene like this but from different angle, showing us that Ji Ho was behind her. My guess is Ji Ho had noticed her since then and they might have bumped into one another a few times without Sang Eun knowing (another scene was her drinking with gay friend and Ji Ho was sitting behind her listening).

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1

The jealousy seems to be the best trigger for expressing your love openly. Once the second lead guy decided to get more curious with her JH seems changing his mind from "I'll be good husband and give her the divorce paper as her best gift" to "I think I won't end this now". I like that SE's dream becomes real. "Honey, I'm hungry" the line suddenly turns pretty sweet and endearing. 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

ahahahaah guess what JH works as? That was how he started noticing SE who kept getting divorced

:lmao2:

Spoiler

Fdv1P7WVEAAs3A_?format=jpg&name=large

But how come she never recognise him since she has been in his courtroom so many times?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm so on Ji Ho's team, especially after getting to know him more and the way he said to Hae Jin, "Why do we need to explain our private life to you!" ~ 🔥

@abs-oluteM I don't get why Sang Eun was offended at Ji Ho when he tells her the analysis of the obsessed men's minds. I don't know if it was lost in translation but in either English or Chinese subs, it didn't come across at directed at her...?

Anyway, @stroppyse the bit that you mentioned about stalker(s)... the story covers it in this episode! Looks like one of the clients are obsessed with her. The rude father is not infatuated with her but holds a grudge against her.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm so on Ji Ho's team, especially after getting to know him more and the way he said to Hae Jin, "Why do we need to explain our private life to you!" ~ 🔥

It is clear he's the end game even before the triangle can take off. I do like JH and he is a well written character and I would think he'd be a better match for SE. At least in my head, I do think that way. Of course as you know this show tortures me since Hae Jin ( or rather JaeYoung :laugh:) also has my heart . Naver article says that HaeJin's narrative has yet to take off but I won't kid myself into thinking that he's even got a chance. The only thing I hope is that he's got a good narrative and screen time so that I can also ogle at this oppa. ( After his last drama, I am just happy to see him in this role. LOL!)

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I don't get why Sang Eun was offended at Ji Ho when he tells her the analysis of the obsessed men's minds. I don't know if it was lost in translation but in either English or Chinese subs, it didn't come across at directed at her...?

I was just gonna come here and ask the exact same question. Why did was she mad? LOL. He was right & made sense. 

Anyway , Sang Eun leaves a trail of mess everywhere she goes. Whether in the kitchen or someones bedroom. LOL! 

Pre-released

• Haha 3

On 9/28/2022 at 6:58 AM, abs-oluteM said:

ahahahaah guess what JH works as? That was how he started noticing SE who kept getting divorced

Ahhhh! I knew that JH wasn't a villain!

@mademoiselle, thanks for pointing out those little scenes. I guess this is a drama where I actually have to pay attention when watching rather than multi-tasking and thus missing those little moments, especially when the ML is so taciturn anyway.

I haven't watched ep 3 or 4 yet, but I'm looking forward to watching. I'll watch for the scene where SE gets offended by JH, and see if I can figure out any subtext.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

@mademoiselle she felt offended maybe she thought her job is her fault. She picks the wrong job so she has to bear with the risk of being a crime target. JH explained things through the pepetrator persoective but she gets annoyed at him because she thinks he siad that as if he agrees to the reason. Well, very childish reason. SE simply wanted him to  comfort her by telling things with nicer words maybe. Honestly, I dont really understand her too. Lols. Her relationship with madam yoo is also quite vague even they finally revealed to us how worth she is for her. 

Spoiler

So does that mean she's not the daugter of that wealthy family to begin with. Cuz she was just like a fill-in kid who adopted from orphanage to act as the chaebol daughter. She considers her as her mom but madam yoo is just using her for her personal gain. Well, it might turn out she cares at her geuninely later, but for now it seems that's not the case. 

@abs-oluteM HJ is just declaring his marriage to the public. And I think if these two are the main lead for another drama, this moment will be one of the scenes the fans wait. 

Overall, the conflict is too complicated. What if people find out that the girl has a husband, divorce 12 times and engaged with a celebrity, a complete makjang package! The two guys will be in big trouble. Lols.

• Like 3

@stroppyse We get to know a lot more about Ji Ho in episode 3-4 (and Sang Eun as well). The little scenes I mentioned were shown in the long preview trailer, it hasn't shown yet in the episodes. But one of them — Ji Ho sitting behind Sang Eun listening in on her convo with gay friend — will be shown next week.

@abs-oluteM I'm really not liking Hae Jin very much at the moment, for the fact that he announces he's getting married to Sang Eun without discussing with her first. No brownie points for him, even though I know it was desperate measures. Still, it's disrespectful.

Now we know why he became her 2, 4, 6. She is literally broke and has to start all over. She really needs to let Madam Yoo go, but I kind of relate to her love-hate feelings towards Madam Yoo now. In truth, she loves Madam Yoo and I think Madam Yoo loves her too but both are too stubborn and proud to admit it.

I love the scene where Sang Eun has dinner with Ji Ho's boss. Ji Ho looked like he's going to get a cardiac arrest from all the lies Sang Eun is spewing. I also love the look and hand gesture he did in the last scene... I cannot tell what went on in his head but in that moment, he really made me curious and think it was such a handsome/attractive pose.

But honestly, the Judge Boss is overbearing and inappropriate. So are the co-workers. How can they forcefully invite themselves to someone else's house without that person's permission? It's invasion of privacy. So what if Ji Ho is hard to get along with? He's socially awkward and an extreme introvert, can't they tell? It doesn't seem like he's mean to his co-workers and he does his job quietly, then let him be.

@Alice Wonderland Yeah, Sang Eun appears to be an orphan that Madam Yoo adopted and groom as a bride for some chaebol family. Based on Ji Ho's source, she's known as a Head Hunter for the Ina Group before. Not sure how Sang Eun is "introduced" as Jamie, the only daughter of Ina Group though, but I suspect maybe Ina Group  didn't want to "sell" their real daughter, so they groom one as "collateral" (in Hae Jin's mum's words).

• Like 3

@mademoiselle, wow, this drama is getting complicated fast. I still need to finish watching the latest episodes before commenting. However, it seems unlikely that a celebrity would actually do a contract marriage with someone like SE. The press are way too nosy and too good and finding out the particulars once they get a whiff of a scandal. And, SE has a long list of divorces already which would be unusual enough for the paparazzi press to start digging.

The work/personal life divide seems pretty blurred in SK, with colleagues expecting to be invited over. In a collegial setting, I suppose his colleagues, especially the head boss, thought that they could just barge in. I don't think that's unheard of in SK.

• Like 1