The Legend of Shenli / Yu Feng Xing 与凤行 [2024]

14 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

7 blooming years... for this pairing to see the light of day again

The CGI actually looks half decent and it sounds like that they're using their own voices.

dont get fool by the trailer....i found trailer they tends to use the original actor voices, however when it came to the actual episode, they dub it!!!!:shocked:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Party! 1
12 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

dont get fool by the trailer....i found trailer they tends to use the original actor voices, however when it came to the actual episode, they dub it!!!!:shocked:

I think they dubbed his voice ...:nervous:

Some trailers  LGX looks kind of different in this somehow. 
TBH this is not my favorite genre but I will just watch this for him. :hug:

This trailer showcased the supporting cast..

Spoiler

Got subs but bad quality video

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I enjoyed watching the first episode. I was laughing from the beginning to the end of episode 1. Why does the good drama airs when RL is hectic for me. :cry:
Has anyoen watched it episode 1 yet ?

@Tofu join me please.
I will watch this drama and try to make comment. This drama deserves GIF . 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I am waiting for feedback from you all. I know this is supposed to be the long awaited reunion but the trailers didn't feel so enticing. BUT.. for the love of LGX, I will check this out. RN, I am too hooked on my other drama - In Blossom , that I find it hard to start another cdrama. :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@UnniSara & @abs-oluteMI'm enjoying the drama quite a bit!  

I entered this drama with a bundle of nerves.  I'd been feeling like it was set up to fail with all the expectations riding on it and with each round of promotional material released, it seemed like there was something for people to nitpick over - whether it was the color of the poster, concerns over CGI, or trailers themselves.  But I have to say, now that I'm actually watching the drama, I'm relieved at how it's all come together.  It's really quite well done! 

The acting is great, the story is interesting (and I've heard from book lovers that the drama is doing a good job of interpreting the book), and the production value is good.  

I was surprised by the amount of humor in the first few eps.  I found myself laughing quite a bit!  The CGI Phoenix (that everyone keeps calling a chicken, much to its indignation) is hilarious.  I've never wanted to a lead character to remain as an animal as much as I have with, "Cluck. cluck," but that would also be a waste of ZLY's talents.  :laugh:

Anyway, I say for anyone on the fence, to definitely give this drama a chance!  From what I can tell skimming online comments it seems like the reception has been positive all around - phew!  

Here is also a first impressions review from Dramapanda: 

https://dramapanda.com/2024/03/first-impressions-legend-of-shen-li-ratings-princess-agents.html

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

On 3/19/2024 at 10:10 PM, abs-oluteM said:

I am waiting for feedback from you all. I know this is supposed to be the long awaited reunion but the trailers didn't feel so enticing. BUT.. for the love of LGX, I will check this out. RN, I am too hooked on my other drama - In Blossom , that I find it hard to start another cdrama. :laugh:

Haha I have the same feeling with you. But maybe since the rest have good feeling about it I might give it a try (someday) 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@themarchioness @UnniSara @SilverMoonTea I caught 3 episodes . I have yet to feel fully invested though the episodes were more humorous than I expected. LGX is handsome as always and has such an unusual character - I kind of like how he's such a tease. I am not sure if I can understand where the plot is headed and I am generally not a fan of dramas that involve mythical creatures/ gods as their main leads. Anyhow I will watch a few more episodes and see. 

I don't really quite see the so called fire chemistry many seem to say though it is decent. I know they worked on Princess Agents together so I am guessing a lot of fans from then are watching with great anticipation. I just wonder if it's because the expressions are so affected by this extreme filter they use on the scenes and on their face. LOL...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

This show is really good. I can't believe I'm saying this because generally I'm allergic to xian xia but the first 6 episodes has the best set-up in C drama I've seen in a very long time. A Journey to Love's set-up was pretty decent but this one's even better. I only started this for the Princess Agents leads but especially for Lin Gengxin and the show has exceeded my expectations in terms of world building and characterization. Within the first 6 episodes everything is clearly established. There's an arranged marriage in the offing. Shen Li, a powerful goddess falls to earth trying to escape the arranged marriage. In the course of her dodging a marriage she doesn't care for, she meets a mortal and lives with him for a time. During this time, as they work together to help each other she falls for him and no doubt her feelings are reciprocated. There's  This is of course has become a popular short drama trope in recent days -- trying to run away from an unwanted marriage and finding a love match elsewhere. Usually with a far more powerful man. What makes this show better than the trope might indicate is the world building and the allusions to western fairytales. 

The first 6 episodes in particular remind me of shows like Mystic Pop-Up Bar, Tomorrow or Missing: The Other Side. Aside from being fantasy shows also, thematically the similarities are evident. It's all about unfinished business, grief and letting go. With the different realms mixing in Lord of the Rings fashion, the allusion especially to the Little Mermaid is quite compelling. The story of the demon girl living in the pond who is something of a substitute lover for her "owner" sacrifices herself in the end for him. There's also a parallel between the mortal Xingyun and Lord Bianci Shen Li living their days in an idyllic waterfront location.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I can't believe I'm saying this because generally I'm allergic to xian xia but

Haha, you sound like me!  That's what I normally say about me and xianxias.  In fact, I've only been able to watch 2 other xianxias prior to this one, but I agree, even with my limited experience in the xianxia genre, Legend of Shen Li is done very well.  The fact that it makes sense is probably what helps me to get over my "allergy" to watch this one!  

• Haha 3

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

Love this so much 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a151dp5ttnnwnzmd7b

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7a151dp5ttnnwnzmd7b

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7l71hwamcx83vt9kz5j

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Watched till eps 7.  A couple of things that I like.

First Lin Ge Xin :laugh:....it's not that I am bias. But  it's just that I love how Xing Yun is written. He kept this nonchalant and indifferent persona but underneath all that is a man full of wisdom and empathy. He was silly sometimes too and I can imagine how exasperating ( in an adorable way) it must have been for the immortal Shen Li to deal with him . Yet, his vulnerability brought up these protective instincts in her. 

This part where she told him she liked him and his response was just unexpected! 

Spoiler

GJ5cu8UagAAvT67?format=jpg&name=large

The second thing was how things ended in the 1st arc ( ep 1 to 7). It was interesting because time becomes a commodity - and when something is a commodity it's value is subjective. For her she found it worth it to give 500 years of cultivation to save a mere mortal whom she only had a brief but genuine connection with. Her mother said that he would forget her in a year or two. But he didn't - he remembered her for the next 30 years till the day he died. That 30 years for a mortal is a truly long time. I confess this was the moment the show sealed the deal for me. 

• Clapping Hands 2

Online interview with some of the cast. The uploader explains some vocabulary after the clip. If anyone has access to the full interview, let us know.

Here they talk about how much they've seen of the drama, fan reactions to LGX's character, LGX gets inundated with emails wanting to know who dies at the end.

• Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

OMG!!! Episode 23. 

AWESOME EPISODE I will not write any spoilers 

Wvee Evere since I started this drama, I have been SPEECHLESS. I have not been able to find my voice to comment on a well crafted story. I plan to read this novel once the drama ends. I believe this drama is BINGE WORTHY. The cast has done a marvelous job and I wish they all get nominated as best drama for 2024z they certainly deserve it. 
Yinzi and Shen Li’s story should be label as eternal love.

This drama began with an Immoral who is dedicated to protecting her people. Her people means so much to her. She has always taken care of people but never the other way around. Then we meet a mortal that is indifferent and has no desire. He was I fortunate to have met an arrogant Phoenix.🐦🔥 He dotes on her and unintentionally made her fall in love with him..  As she lived with him, there were times he appeared to be

not from the mortal world. We later find out he is an Ancient God “ The last of his Kind”.  It would explain why she had no desires or refuses to help because he can not interfere with Natural Order of the living.  Shen Lin fell hard for him and so did he without him knowing about it until it was too late. She has shown him another way to help people without interfering with the natural order. She believe people action is what lead people astray, not their heart. 

Goodbye scene was touching 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7n7ndszbu78mom2vhb2

• Clapping Hands 1

I have completed till eps 11. I did expect him to be immortal somehow but  was a lil surprised  that he's THE Ancient God that they have been waiting for to come clear up the realms and seal things. But then again that probably explained the inaction with regards to the Xutian Abyss in the past 1000 year - he was too busy being mortal and falling in love!  :laugh:

Immortal or otherwise , he still has this knack of pushing her buttons. I am always chuckling at how he appears to her as distant and unmoved by the urgency of things. He denies he is XY.  And yet he insists on being near her and doing things that will clearly make her heart flutter and yearn for XY even more. I don't know if he needs a smack on his head...does he not realise how conflicted she's going to feel now that she has to marry that Furong. I suppose it would be chaos if he did admit to being XingYu and it would have a negative impact on the marriage alliance. But, can he even bring himself to let her marry Furong? Surely he is going to regret this. I feel like he sends out all these mix signals - no surprise that her Master is wary of him.

• Clapping Hands 1

I have reach eps 14 and I love how the drama doesn't insult our intelligence so far. SL remains a smart and strong general who despite XY's attempts to denied their past she can totally see through him and even give him a dressing down....:PsyWhat: He thinks too highly of himself when it comes to her but SL plainly said, sorry XY is XY and you is you, 2 of you are different people in my eyes so stop your shenanigans....:cool: You go, Girl!!

Btw, I always LOL so hard every time XY showed how ancient is he, how wide the gap between him and other young ones....:PsyWhat:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

He thinks too highly of himself when it comes to her but SL plainly said, sorry XY is XY and you is you, 2 of you are different people in my eyes so stop your shenanigans....:cool: You go, Girl!!

I have completed up to eps 17 and sometimes I want to smack his head :laugh: . At times I think maybe cause his nature requires him to stay distant, aloof and non-intrusive that he can't outright tell her how he feels. I am certain he knows how he feels for her. He keeps finding excuses to be with her and can he really let her go marry Furong? 

Like she said, he is the only one who can cancel this marriage alliance which no one seems to want but which everyone (or she ) thinks is necessary. Of course there will be an uproar of sorts if he does cancel it,  and like @UnniSara mentioned in an earlier post about him not being able to interfere in the natural order of things.   However, he sure  is conflicted since  the heart wants what it wants. 

What I deduce is that he doesn't seem to think that one can fight fate . At least that's the impression he gives me when he talked about the life of his silver haired friend JingYan (who was also an Ancient God),  who in both his mortal lifetimes end up being conflicted between two women. On the other hand she somewhat challenges that notion for him since she thinks that outcomes are a result of one's choice. 

• Clapping Hands 1

This scene in eps 20 ( or was it 21?) was so sad but it also made it the best episode for me since we finally understand where he's coming from & why he sends out these mix signals.

Spoiler

GKZq2gab0AEVG32?format=jpg&name=large

Perhaps in a very human way of looking at it , he's behaving like a douche bag - seducing her and rejecting her all at the same time. But in this episode we are reminded that he's no ordinary mortal or even immortal - he's THE Ancient God, the last of his kind holding together the balance between the realms/ universe. So affairs of the heart seem so trivial when you compare it against the responsibility he shoulders and the power he holds.  It becomes clear to her (and me) that giving in to his feelings for her would have an irrevocable consequence that goes against the Natural Order of things. Can he possibly risk falling in love, when the gamble would be the existence of the realms and the lives of those who live in it? Given this context,  it's hard to fault him for behaving the way he has been .

Of course like he says, he can't control how he feels for her and he can't help being protective. So poor ShenLi will have to control herself and not be swayed. 

At this stage I have a soft spot for Mofang. No SLS but just that I appreciate his unwavering loyalty and devotion to her. And I know it is not easy for feelings to go away despite him saying he will reign it in. In another life / universe I would have rooted for him since I love a man who is upfront and decisive. Anyway,  it's not meant to be (plus my bias for LGX will not allow me to :laugh:) .

I am actually up to eps 23 at where Shen Li  and her realm have become targets of these "demons" or whatever they are call .  MF's body is missing and I can already forsee that they will use it to cultivate these creatures, and use him against her (or something along those lines). By the way, the folks in the Divine Realm are far from divine ! So many annoying & hateful beings. Such a waste of a pretty place - the peace and abundance they have enjoyed has made them complacent and self-centered. They should all be sent to the mortal realm to suffer! 

• Heart Eyes 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

MF's body is missing and I can already forsee that they will use it to cultivate these creatures, and use him against her (or something along those lines). By the way, the folks in the Divine Realm are far from divine ! So many annoying & hateful beings. Such a waste of a pretty place - the peace and abundance they have enjoyed has made them complacent and self-centered. They should all be sent to the mortal realm to suffer! 

I'm on the 28th and I finally realised why XY showed such hostility toward MF, his hostility didn't sprang from a merely jealousy but more I believe.

I appreciated the writer where they don't let us hang high and dry over a measly misunderstanding or stupid miss encountered. Especially during the scene where XY found SL by the seaside. Most dramas will drag it and let XY overlooked her body several times.....:PsyWhat:

• Clapping Hands 2