4 Degrees of Song Joong Ki

stroppyse

It's time for a new JangHaven game!

4 Degrees of Song Joong Ki

5d0a232037d6099cf5535dc317e420a0637629f0

Name the actors and projects that connect Song Joong Ki with some fellow actors. However, you have to have it within 4 connections. So, 4 connections or less. It also has to be actual roles that the actors had in the same project, whether it's dramas or movies, and not just a cameo. The connections also has to be shared projects with fellow actors.

Give the name and the project for each connection. Please put your answers in spoilers.

Given how prolific the film industry is, there are more than 1 answer for each series of connections, so your answers just have to make sense and within 4 connections.

Example: Joo Won

Answer: Song Joong Ki was in 'Innocent Man' with Moon Chae Won who was in 'Good Doctor' with Joo Won. So, their connection is 2.

See what answers you can come up with for these actors:

1. Lee Jong Seok

2. Lee Seung Gi

3. Kim Hye Soo

4. Kim Rae Won

5. Kim Sun Ah

6. Jun Ji Hyun

7. Channing Tatum

8. Chris Evans

9. Helen Mirren

10. Pedro Pascal

11. Salma Hayek

The game will finish on June 16.

Have fun playing!

Credit: @sstephoriginally posted the photo of SJK above to the SJK Shrine.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 4

I am not into Western actors/series/movies so I don't know anything about number 7 - 11 😅

Spoiler

1. Lee Jong Suk

Song Joong Ki & Lee Jong Suk played a role as a doctor. SJK in Obstetrics and Gynecology Doctors, Lee Jong Suk in Doctor Stranger.

Song Joong Ki & Jin Kyung in Innocent Man, Lee Jong Suk & Jin Kyung in Pinocchio.

2. Lee Seung Gi

• Song Joong Ki & Moon Chae Won in Innocent Man, Lee Seung Gi & Moon Chae Won in movie Love Forecast.

• SJK & Lee Hee Joon in upcoming movie Bogota, Lee Seung Gi & Lee Hee Joon in drama Mouse.

3. Kim Hye Soo

• Song Joong Ki & Yoo Ah In in Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Kim Hye Soo & Yoo Ah In in movie Default.

SJK worked with director Kim Won Suk for Sungkyunkwan Scandal & Arthdal Chronicles season 1, Kim Hye Soo worked with director Kim Won Suk for drama Signal.

• Song Joong Ki & Lee Sung Min in upcoming drama The Conglomerate / Chaebol's Youngest Son, Kim Hye Soo & Lee Sung Min in Juvenile Justice.

4. Kim Rae Won

Song Joong Ki & Kim Rae Won played a role as a doctor. SJK in Obstetrics and Gynecology Doctors, Kim Rae Won in drama Doctors.

• Song Joong Ki & Shin Se Kyung in movie Five Senses of Eros, Kim Rae Won & Shin Se Kyung in drama Black Knight.

5. Kim Sun Ah

Song Joong Ki worked with screenwriter Kim Eun Sook for Descendants of the Sun, Kim Sun Ah worked with screenwriter Kim Eun Sook for City Hall.

Song Joong Ki & actress Yoon Sa Bong in Arthdal Chronicles, Kim Sun Ah & Yoon Sa Bong in The Lady in Dignity.

6. Jun Ji Hyun

Song Joong Ki & Jo Han Chul in Vincenzo, Jun Ji Hyun & Jo Han Chul in Jirisan.

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

@ssteph, you have the right idea for the most part. However, it can't just be that 2 actors played similar roles in different projects. And, I'm also limiting this to actors rather than writers, producers, etc. So, you have to give different answers for SJK's connection to Lee Jong Seok and to Kim Sun Ah. :smile: The others have at least 1 acceptable answer for this game. Hope this makes sense! 

For the most part, nice answers, and I definitely learned a few things. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

I was joking with @stroppyse and told her the connection to Chris Evan is because both are handsome. :lmao2:

Well, they are both handsome, but they also have another 4th degree connection of actors/projects as well!

• Like 7

I'll slowly keep adding as I think of more connections. 

Lee Jong Seok

Spoiler

Song Joong Ki and Yang Kyung Won are in the same agency, they also acted together in Vincenzo and Arthdal. Yang Kyung Won will act alongside Lee Jong Seok in his new drama, Big Mouth. 

Lee Jong Seok's and Song Joong Ki's agency merged or has some collaboration with each other based on reports from a few months ago. 

Lee Seung Gi

Spoiler

Song Joong Ki's best friend is Lee Kwang Soo (they were in the variety show Running Man together). Lee Kwang Soo and Lee Seung Gi were both in the variety show, Busted.

Kim Hye Soo

Spoiler

Song Joong Ki and Lee Jong Seok are kind of in the same agency now. Lee Jong Seok and Kim Hye Soo were in the same movie, The Face Reader. 

Song Joong Ki's ex-wife is Song Hye Kyo who acted with Park Bo Gum. Park Bo Gum and Kim Hye Soo were in a movie together, Coin Locker Girl. 

Kim Rae Won

Kim Sun Ah

Jun Ji Hyun

Channing Tatum

Chris Evans

Helen Mirren

Pedro Pascal

Salma Hayek

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

New Game 

1. Lee Jong Seok

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Park Byung -Eun in Arthda Chronicles , PBE worked Lee Jong Seok in Decibel 

2. Lee Seung Gi

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Moon Chae Won in Innocent Men - Moon Chae Won worked with Lee Seung Gi in Brilliant Legacy.

3. Kim Hye Soo

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Jing Goo in Descendants of the Sun , Jin Goo worked with  Ye Soo -Jung , Ye Soo Jung worked with Kim Jong Goo, KJG worked with Kim Hey Soo on Hyena

4. Kim Rae Won

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Kim Min Suk in Descendants of the Sun and worked on Doctors with Kim Rae Won

5. Kim Sun Ah

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Seo Hyo-Rim in Sungkyunkwan Scandal - Seo Hyo Rim worked with Kim Sun Ah in Scent of a Woman

6. Jun Ji Hyun

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Park Bo Young in A Werewolf Boy , PBY work with Jun Suk Ho , JSH worked with Jun Ji Hyun in Jirisan

7. Channing Tatum

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Hay Ye-Seul in Penny Pinchers, HYS worked with Eric Mun in Spy Myeong Wol, EM worked with Lee Byung Hun in A Bittersweet Life, LBH worker with Channing Tatum

8. Chris Evans

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with TaecYeon, TaecYeon worked with  Yoon Ji-Won, YJW worked with Claudia Kim The Game : Toward Zero , Claudia Kim worked with Chris Evan

9. Helen Mirren

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Yoo Yeon Seok in A Werewolf Boy, YYS worked with Lee Byun Hun in MR. Sunshine , LBH worked with Helen Mirrein in Red 2. 

10. Pedro Pascal

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Jang Dong-Gun in Arthdal Chronicles, JDG worked with Danny Huston in The Warriors Way, Danny Huston worked with Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman, Gal Gadot worked with Pedro Pascal in WW84. 

11. Salma Hayek

Spoiler

Song Joon Ki worked with Song Jo Hyo in A frozen Flower, SJH worker with Ma Da Seok in Unstoppable, Ma Da Seok worked with Salma Hayek in  Eternals. 

COMPLETED 

Please let me know if I am doing it right

Edited by UnniSara
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

You are doing it very well! Though, the box for Lee Jong Seok is empty?

I know I am filling it up as I find them lol  Lee Jong Seok will be filled soon :love:

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@ssteph, you have the right idea for the most part. However, it can't just be that 2 actors played similar roles in different projects. And, I'm also limiting this to actors rather than writers, producers, etc. 

Is it limited only for drama and movie? Or can we include their CF, variety show, and their friendship in real life? 😁

• Like 6

Lee Jong Suk

Spoiler

Lee Jong Suk — Park Bo Young (Hot Young Blood) — Lee Kwang Soo (Collective Invention) — Song Joong Ki (Nice Guy, Descendants of the Sun).

Alternatively:

Lee Jong Suk — Park Bo Young (Hot Young Blood) — Song Joong Ki (The Werewolf Boy)

Lee Jong Suk — Kim Young Kwang (Hot Young Blood, Pinocchio) — Park Bo Young (On Your Wedding Day) — Lee Kwang Soo (Collective Invention) — Song Joong Ki (Nice Guy, Descendants of the Sun).

Lee Seung Gi

Spoiler

Lee Seung Gi — Moon Chae Woon (Love Forecast) — Lee Kwang Soo (Nice Guy) — Song Joong Ki (The Sound of Your Heart).

Lee Seung Gi — Moon Chae Woon (Love Forecast) — Song Joong Ki (Nice Guy)

Kim Hye Soo

Spoiler

Kim Hye Soo — Cho Jin Woong (Signal) — Kim Tae Ri (The Handmaiden) — Song Joong Ki (The Space Sweepers)

Kim Hye Soo — Yu Hae Jin (Tazza: The High Rollers) — Soong Joong Ki (Space Sweepers)

Kim Rae Won

Spoiler

Kim Rae Won — Shin Se Kyung (Black Knight) — Yoo Ah In (Six Flying Dragons) — Song Joong Ki (Sungkyunkwan Scandal)

Kim Rae Won — Shin Se Kyung (Black Knight) — Song Joong Ki (Tree with Deep Roots)

Jun Ji Hyun

Spoiler

Jun Ji Hyun — Ju Ji Hoon (Jirisan) — Kim Hyang Gi (Along with the Gods) — Song Joong Ki (A Werewolf Boy)

Jun Ji Hyun — Cha Tae Hyun (My Sassy Girl) — Song Joong Ki (The Grand Heist)

Kim Sun Ah

Spoiler

Kim Sun Ah — Lee Dong Wook (Scent of A Woman) — Shin Se Kyung (Blade Man) — Song Joong Ki (Tree with Deep Roots)

Question. These guys also link back to SJK???

7. Channing Tatum

8. Chris Evans

9. Helen Mirren

10. Pedro Pascal

11. Salma Hayek

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

I don't think I can play this game. For now, I am still wondering why SJK (and Gong Yoo) was invited to BinJin's wedding 😂

28 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

7. Channing Tatum

8. Chris Evans

9. Helen Mirren

10. Pedro Pascal

11. Salma Hayek

I think just find korean actors/actresses who have worked in hollywood then connect back.

For example, Lee Byung Hun worked with Channing Tatum in GI Joe - Rise of Cobra. LBH > SJK - everyone knows 😂 oopsy!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, ssteph said:

Is it limited only for drama and movie? Or can we include their CF, variety show, and their friendship in real life? 😁

I'm limiting it to dramas and movies only for the sake of making it more challenging.

Also, as part of the challenge is to make it only 4 degrees of separation! Because in this day of online filmographies, 6 degrees is just too easy.

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

7. Channing Tatum

8. Chris Evans

9. Helen Mirren

10. Pedro Pascal

11. Salma Hayek

Yes, they all link back to SJK. @Chocolatehas the right idea, and it's not necessarily all about the Marvel Universe either. For instance, her connections for SJK to Channing Tatum is a completely different one than I have, though that is definitely a cool chain!

34 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I don't think I can play this game. For now, I am still wondering why SJK (and Gong Yoo) was invited to BinJin's wedding 😂

But you have such a knack for this game!

Also, why is it surprising that SJK and GY were invited to the wedding?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thanks @Chocolate

1 hour ago, Chocolate said:

For now, I am still wondering why SJK (and Gong Yoo) was invited to BinJin's wedding

Maybe if you play this game, you might be able to find the link. :lmao2:

Channing Tatum

Spoiler

Channing Tatum — Bae Doona (Jupiter Ascending) — Son Seok Ku (Sense8) — Jeon Yeo Been (Be Melodramatic) — Song Joong Ki (Vincenzo)

Playing shipper linking for the last two 😋

Chris Evans

Spoiler

Chris Evans — Samuel L. Jackson (Avengers) — Park Seo Joon (The Marvels) — Kim Ji Won (Fight My Way) — Song Joong Ki (Descendants of the Sun)

Chris Evans — Song Kang Ho (Snowpiercer) — Yoo Ah In (The Throne) — Song Joong Ki (SungKyunKwan Scandal)

Helen Mirren

Spoiler

Helen Mirren — Bruce Willis (Red) — Rain (The Prince) — Song Hye Kyo (Full House) — Song Joong Ki (Descedants of the Sun)

Pedro Pascal

Spoiler

Pedro Pascal — Channing Tatum (The Kingsman: The Golden Circle) — Lee Byung Hun (GI Joe) — Kim Tae Ri (Mr. Sunshine) — Song Joong Ki (Space Sweepers).

Salma Hayek

Spoiler

Salma Hayek — Ma Dong Seok (Eternals) — Ha Jung Woo (Ashfall) — Kim Tae Ri (The Handmaiden) — Song Joong Ki (Space Sweepers)

Homework completed.

Edit: Oops, I think I need to redo Pedro's. Miscalculated. Ok fixed.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

I like puzzles so I'm going to give this a try haha... in progress

1. Lee Jong Seok

2. Lee Seung Gi

3. Kim Hye Soo

4. Kim Rae Won

5. Kim Sun Ah

6. Jun Ji Hyun

7. Channing Tatum

Spoiler

Channing Tatum

> Lee Byung Hun in GI Joe - The Rise of Cobra

> Song Hye Kyo in All In

> Song Joong Ki in Descendants of the Sun

8. Chris Evans

Spoiler

Chris Evans

> Song Kang Ho in Snowpiercer

> Yoo Jae-Myung in The Drug King

> Song Joong Ki in Vincenzo

9. Helen Mirren

Spoiler

Helen Mirren

> Lee Byung Hun in Red 2

> Yoo Yeon Seok in Mr Sunshine

> Song Joong Ki in A Werewolf Boy

10. Pedro Pascal

11. Salma Hayek

Spoiler

Salma Hayek

> Ma Dong Seok in Marvels - Eternals
> Hwang Jung Min in The Unjust
> Song Joong Ki in The Battleship Island

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Also, why is it surprising that SJK and GY were invited to the wedding?

Because I've never read anywhere that SJK/GY are even friends with HB or SYJ. GY and HB maybe, because of baseball eons ago. But given the nonsense from BinKyo fans, SJK was a real surprise - @ssteph by any chance have you read that SJK and HB/SYJ are friends? The wedding also had a 200 pax limit so it is unlikely acquaintances are invited. So they must be relatively close.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

@ssteph by any chance have you read that SJK and HB/SYJ are friends? 

No. It is still mystery for me too 👀

Should we analyze their connection? 🧐🤔 I hear HB is friend with Jang Dong Gun & Hwang Jung Min? They like golf. SJK likes golf too and friend with JDG & HJM.

Connection with SYJ. SYJ and SJK know Yang Kyung Won.

😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I finished my part in the game. I tried so hard to make different connections and it was so hard . I wanted my answers to be different, Hope I did it Justice. :brb:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This game is too hard... I don't have time to do the sleuthing these days, so I will sit this one out. Will enjoy reading your answers and learning more about SJK :heart:

You should give it a try just in terms of the dramas you've watched even. Korean actors, especially the veterans, get cast into so many projects that this game may not be as hard as it looks. When I was working out the questions, I used all leading roles to get to the answers, so not even that many veterans or supporting roles.

I am totally amazed by the variety of answers that everyone has come up with in this game!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you to everyone who played the game!

Mad props to @UnniSaraand @mademoisellefor getting all 11 answers, and in such interesting ways, too!

Here are the answers that I originally came up with for this game. As I came up with this list, I realized that actually I watch a lot of dramas and movies! :lmao2:

Lee Jong Seok
SJK was in movie “Werewolf Boy’ with Park Bo Young who was in movie ‘Hot Blooded Youth’ with Lee Jong Seok

Lee Seung Gi
SJK was in movie ‘Battleship Island’ with So Ji Sub who was in drama ‘Something Happened in Bali’ with Ha Ji Won who was in drama ‘King2Hearts’ with Lee Seung Gi

Kim Hye Soo
SJK was in drama ‘Innocent Man’ with Moon Chae Won who was in drama ‘Good Doctor’ with Joo Won who was in drama ’Naeil’s Cantabile’ with Park Bo Gum who was in movie ‘Coin Locker Girl’ with Kim Hye Soo.

Kim Rae Won
SJK was in drama  ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ with Yoo Ah In who was in movie ‘#Alive” with Park Shin Hye who was in drama ‘Doctors’ with Kim Rae Won

Kim Sun Ah
SJK was in drama ‘Vincenzo’ with Jeon Yeo Bin who was in movie ‘Night in Paradise’ with Cha Seung Won who was in drama ‘City Hall’ with Kim Sun Ah

Jun Ji Hyun
SJK was in drama ‘Sungkyunkwan Scandal’ with Park Min Young who was in drama ‘Healer’ with Ji Chang Wook who was in drama ‘Five Fingers’ with Ju Ji Hoon who was in drama ‘Jirisan’ with Jun Ji Hyun

Channing Tatum
SJK was in drama ‘Descendants of the Sun’ with Kim Ji Won who was in drama ‘My Liberation Notes’ with Song Seok Gu who was in drama ‘Matrimonial Chaos’ with Bae Doona who was in movie ‘Jupiter Rising’ with Channing Tatum

Chris Evans
SJK was in movie “Frozen Flower’ with Joo Jin Mo who was in drama ‘Woman With a Suitcase’ with Lee Joon who was in drama ‘Heard It Through the Grapevine with Go Ah Sung who was in movie ‘Snowpiercer’ with Chris Evans

Helen Mirren
SJK was in drama ‘Vincenzo’ with Jeon Yeo Bin who was in movie ‘Night in Paradise’ with Cha Seung Won who was in drama ‘Our Blues’ with  Lee Byung Hun who was in movie ‘RED 2’ with Helen Mirren

Pedro Pascal
SJK was in drama ‘Descendants of the Sun’ with Kim Ji Won who was in drama ‘My Liberation Notes’ with Song Seok Gu who was in drama ‘Sense8’ with Miguel Angel Silvestre who was in drama ‘Narcos’ with Pedro Pascal

Salma Hayak
SJK was in DotS with KJW who was in drama 'My LIberation Notes' with Son Seok Gu who was in movie “Outlaws 2’ with Ma Dong Seok who was in movie ‘The Eternals’ with Salma Hayak

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1