Queen of Tears 눈물의 여왕 [Current - Sat/Sun]

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Tagging @abs-oluteM, this is totally your cuppa. Contract marriage + starts falling for one another after marriage.

I am planning to watch this. Hahahahah my oppa love Park Sung Hoon is here too...but is he the third wheel ? Villain? 

Kim Ji Won's character is such an ice queen ...I already feel bad for Kim Soo Hyun :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Park Sung Hoon Transforms Into A Talented Investor Shrouded In Mystery In Upcoming Drama “Queen Of Tears”

queen-of-tears-still-01.jpeg

tvN’s “Queen of Tears” has charismatic stills of Park Sung Hoon!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” will tell the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun will star as Baek Hyun Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won will play his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

In the newly released stills, Park Sung Hoon transforms into Yoon Eun Sung, a former Wall Street analyst and current M&A expert. Eun Sung is a famous and talented investor who knows how to predict the success and failure of investments.

There are many people who want to know about Eun Sung, but his private life is completely shrouded in a veil. While there are many chaebols making offers to Eun Sung, he chooses the Queens Group for an unknown reason, raising curiosity.

queen-of-tears-still-03.jpeg

In public, Eun Sung captures the hearts of investors with a gentle yet confident smile, but when he is alone, he maintains a cold gaze without hesitation. Viewers are curious to find out what Eun Sung’s true identity is.

queen-of-tears-still-02.jpeg

“Queen of Tears” will premiere on March 9 at 9:20 p.m. KST. Stay tuned!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Kwak Dong Yeon And Lee Joo Bin Showcase Lovey-Dovey Couple Chemistry In “Queen Of Tears”

queen-of-tears-stills-03.jpeg

Queen of Tears” dropped heart-fluttering stills of Kwak Dong Yeon and Lee Joo Bin!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” will tell the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun will star as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won will play his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

The newly released stills feature Hong Hae In’s younger brother Hong Soo Chul (Kwak Dong Yeon) and his wife Cheon Da Hye (Lee Joo Bin). Having to grow up under a strict and competent older sister, Hong Soo Chul takes someone who is complete opposite from Hong Hae In as his ideal type. His business acumen is always less than that of his older sister, so he is often criticized by his grandfather Hong Man Dae (Kim Kap Soo).

Spoiler

queen-of-tears-stills-01.jpeg

His wife Cheon Da Hye, who is elegant and has the exact opposite personality from her sister-in-law Hong Hae In, is the only person who makes Hong Soo Chul feel worthy and proud of himself. As a wise wife, she always laughs at Hong Soo Chul’s silly jokes, garnering affection from the seniors in Queens Group.

Spoiler

queen-of-tears-stills-02.jpeg

The still images below capture the lovey-dovey moments of Hong Soo Chul and Cheon Da Hye. They take great care of each other with actions such as wiping each other’s mouths or feeding each other fruit, showcasing great chemistry as a couple in their third year of marriage.

Spoiler

queen-of-tears-stills-04.jpeg

source

@abs-oluteM This actress again. Hopefully she plays a likeable character here.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

His wife Cheon Da Hye, who is elegant and has the exact opposite personality from her sister-in-law Hong Hae In, is the only person who makes Hong Soo Chul feel worthy and proud of himself. As a wise wife, she always laughs at Hong Soo Chul’s silly jokes, garnering affection from the seniors in Queens Group.

Well she seems like a nicer person here. Oooo or is it all an act since her hubby will have to contend with super smart sis to inherit the business?
My oppa love better not be the third wheel in any of these relationships, please:psweatduck:

• Haha 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Song Joong Ki Confirmed To Make Special Appearance In Kim Ji Won And Kim Soo Hyun’s Upcoming Drama “Queen Of Tears”

20240223023352_queen-of-tears-song-joong-ki.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Song Joong Ki will be making a special appearance in “Queen of Tears” to show his support for his agency’s fellow actress Kim Ji Won!

On February 23, Xportsnews reported that Song Koong Ki recently finished filming his special appearance for the new tvN drama “Queen of Tears.”

In response to the report, a representative of “Queen of Tears” shared, “Song Joong Ki will make a special appearance in ‘Queen of Tears.'”

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” will tell the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun will star as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won will play his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

It was reported that Song Joong Ki’s special appearance was made possible through his link to Kim Ji Won. Song Joong Ki and Kim Ji Won previously worked together in the KBS2 drama “Descendants of the Sun” and the tvN drama “Arthdal Chronicles.” In addition, the two actors have been under the same agency HighZium Studio since 2022.

Song Joong Ki and Kim Soo Hyun also previously met through the 2009 drama “Will It Snow for Christmas?

source

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Ep1

Kim Ji Won is real frosty! While Kim Soo Hyun is a little “nuah” (soft/too accommodating) as the long suffering husband. He wants a divorce but knows that he will be destroyed by the family if he leaves so he hesitates. The wife obviously still loves him. They married for love so I wonder what happened that the relationship deteriorated to this state. Maybe the wife has a plan but can’t openly stand up for him and he mistook that.

The best scene is the one with Oh Jung Se, the therapist! So funny. I hope his is a recurring cameo.

Kim Ji Won’s clothes are nice! So is the interior decor.

One thing that bothers a little is they used the exact location of Binjin’s wedding and the same flower decor (though not as abundant) and the same display of photos for the OTP’s wedding. As BJ’s wedding was private, this seems an intrusion. Hopefully the writer at least sought agreement from Binjin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hello chingu's

How is everyone 

I just started episode 1 and I am so hooked. I love this cast to much.  Kim Soo Hyun always does a great job in any of his drama's and movies.

I completely episode 1 , I am quite confused with the female lead.  She defends him behind his back but in front of him she is cold. 

• Like 5

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@mademoiselle  Is the male lead in love with his wife?? 
Is she also in love with her husband??

• Like 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@UnniSara The OTP do love each other in the beginning, but marriage life isn't fairy tales especially when in-laws are involved. They fell apart within these 3 years. It's very subtle, but at times, you can see Kim Ji Won showed that Hae In is hurt in reaction to Hyun Woo's words—indicating she loves him. Plus, in Hyun Woo's defence, she abused her brother. LOL.

I didn't realise how I've missed Kim Soo Hyun. He and Kim Ji Won make a beautiful pair, especially the drama started off them being lovey-dovey kissing during their honeymoon. It gave more impact and contrast to how bad their relationship become in the present.

I thought the OTP had a contract marriage, so I was anticipating a fall-in-love story. But this is not too far off as well since they have to find that love they felt for each other again. Episode 1 I felt bad for Baek Hyun Woo. Her family is so suffocating to live with. Her seemingly cold and uncaring demeaner made it even harder for him. However, not everything is what it seems on the surface, which I hope Hyun Woo will later find out Hae In does stand up for him in private settings.

The gender reversal of all the son-in-laws is such a great take on how all the daughter-in-laws had to do during memorial service and public holidays. There's a sense of great satisfactory seeing all the men in the kitchen, and likewise makes my blood boils when Soo Cheol, being the son, does absolutely nothing. 

Agreed Kim Ji Won's fashion is something I look forward to in this drama. And @Tofu, I recognise one out of the lots—Christian Louboutin's heels.

Then come episode 2, I'm not sure whether I should feel bad for Hyun Woo anymore. I understand he felt relieved he could get out of hell without suffering the consequences, but I didn't like he lied when he said he loved her. That was totally a manly survival skill kicking in and nothing sincere about it. Now I'm looking forward to watch him suffer a little with the introduction of a love enemy, Yoon Eun Seong. That said, Park Sung Hoon has already managed to piss me off (in a good way, acting wise) when he was baiting Hyun Woo's reaction and their confrontation at the hunting ground. We can feel his disrespect and scorn he directed at Hyun Woo. The smirk was especially despicable.

The tension and drama in the family is no joke. I do believe in order for the OTP to be truly happy, they have to move out. That said, even though Hyun Woo seems inferior in the family, but he's a capable man in his own field. The family could rely on him and he seems to have bonded well with Aunt Hong Beom Ja. LOL!

Mo Seul Hee is another interesting character to look out for, if the writer could write well throughout the drama. She's definitely scheming to get something from Queen's Group.

• Like 4