Queen of Tears 눈물의 여왕 [Current - Sat/Sun]

This theory keeps floating on my TL...I am like how is this possible? So are you saying poor Hae In supposedly had a "still birth" and they told her the baby died and the sis-in-law some how stole the baby from her. Are we trying to top the KBS weekend / daily dramas :laugh:?

Spoiler

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Replying some older posts:

On 3/24/2024 at 10:44 PM, abs-oluteM said:

This drama feels heavier. The writer seems keen to send out a message on why marriages breakdown - the communication issues they face, the differences in values , the meddling by family.

I think there may also be family unity at the end. Aunt Beom-ja is shown to love the OTP, and she feels so sad for her brother who is doing all he can to save the dying snail 😂, not knowing his own daughter is dying. Brother, though an idiot, does not really have a bad heart. He and the mother will likely come around once they realise they have been cheated by the man they are now idolising. So will grandpa, but who knows if he will go to jail since there seems to be some hanky panky at the company.

On 3/25/2024 at 5:50 AM, mademoiselle said:

What do you have in mind a love from afar type like CLOY and MLFAS?

Maybe like Hae In says? She will wait for him in heaven and welcome him as an angel hahahaha!

You know what's the fastest way to regain her trust? Sacrifice; the "I-will-bleed-or-die-in-your-stead" kind, LOL. That usually does the trick in dramas.

I think this may be right for the ending. It is unlikely that Hae In will die. And Hyun Woo is the save the damsel type of guy. Plus, he drew in that lifeline for her - so he can extend her life. At the expense of his own? Let's see.

Wow, episode 6's rating broke 14%. Now I'm curious whether it'd reach or surpass Park Ji Eun's old projects. MLFTS is the highest at 28%, which might not be as easy, but 21% (LOTBS and CLOY) seem achievable.

I'm so sad! CLOY is at risk again!

On 3/25/2024 at 2:06 PM, mademoiselle said:

The scale of this infiltration is an eye-opener. Just how long the scheming and planning took? This looks like an over 20+ years of meticulous planning. Too bad Eun Seong is no Ling Bu Yi, aye? 

Aunt Beom Ja made me cry in this episode. She may seem cuckoo, but she wears her heart on her sleeve. I'm glad she has found some dirt on Mistress Mo. Now all she has to do is share this with Hae In and Hyun Woo. Mistress Mo's background suggest the son maybe Eun Seong, isn't it? And Eun Seong might be CEO Hong's son, which is why he wants Queens. They could also be the one who framed and ousted the eldest son (Beom Ja's Oppa).

It is quite surprising that the planning started so long ago so I am looking forward to knowing why. Though I think Eun Song may be the mistress's son, I strongly doubt he is the grandpa's son. Even if illegitimate, there are ways to obtain his rightful place without going to this extreme. I sincerely hope there is a better reason.

On 3/25/2024 at 2:06 PM, mademoiselle said:

It looks promising Hyun Woo himself has a group of brotherhood/friends, and they might all come in handy later on in helping him. What do you guys think? The OTP in Park Ji Eun's dramas always have side-kicks, so I think a few of them could be the side-kicks.

Hahaha, I actually really dislike his friends, especially the divorce lawyer. He is such a blabbermouth. Each time Hyun Woo consulted him in the first few episodes, it made me dislike Hyun Woo even more for being such an a** to his wife.

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha! I definitely won't disagree with this. I feel like I've learnt a lot from watching TV, including languages. But I have known people who doesn't learn after watching TV all their life.

Those are real couch potatoes. We are not... ahem. 😂

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

This theory keeps floating on my TL...I am like how is this possible? So are you saying poor Hae In supposedly had a "still birth" and they told her the baby died and the sis-in-law some how stole the baby from her. Are we trying to top the KBS weekend / daily dramas ?

I saw such tweets too! But I don't like it at all. If both Hae In and Hyun Woo and their marriage are to survive, give them a new baby please. Not a takeover one.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

The background music sounds funny, so let’s hope it’s exactly intended to be a ruse to be reported to those who want to believe the marriage is ending. I hope they don’t drag too long with Haein and Hyunwoo being unaware that Grandpa is being bugged through the painting. So far, the reveals have been well paced and nothing’s been too dragged out. I’m hopeful. What time does the drama air on Netflix? I want to watch tonight’s episode but I don’t wanna sleep late!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Posted (edited)

The scene where Hae In's dad and the spies reporting on Hyun Woo was probably meant to be comedic, but I find it very informative for Hae In and dad to get to know him better. Though, I was crying instead, feeling sorry for Hyun Woo. I'm glad Hae In is doing all the background checks on him, because I want her to "link" up all the information Hyun Woo previously told her about himself, that he's been crying a lot. I clocked that the PA reported to her, he goes to car wash a lot, and we know that is another place Hyun Woo goes to hide himself and cry... 😭

My other heart-wrenching moment was when Hae In and Hyun Woo bumped into one another and Hae In tells Hyun Woo she'll hate him till she dies. Next we know, she has a memory lapse and she only remembers her love for Hyun Woo. 😭

I really like the little things Hyun Woo does for Hae In and not taking any credit or showing off. It's usually those quiet, unknown little gesture that makes it more touching, and only us audiences get the privilege to know about...

What are we to do with these two...? I almost wish the next episode starts with Hyun Woo and Hae In sleeping in the same bed hugging each other. LOL. But I'm sure this is just a temporary memory loss, and she'll be back to herself again. I'm looking forward to next episode because it seems like Hae In is checking out the places Hyun Woo visits and trying to figure him out. In the process, they were in the same restaurant and sitting back to back without Hyun Woo knowing. The text preview mentioned Hae In will learn about Hyun Woo's heart.

Soo Cheol may be dimwitted, but I like learning that he has some positive traits, too. It's sweet that he wants to be the father that show his son how to ride a bike, etc.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
11 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Aiyoh! Haein’s condition has gotten worse! She’s losing more recent memories! I feel so sad for the couple. 

The ending broke my heart.  In fact this entire episode was a bit of a cry fest for me. It was already sad when Hyun Woo had to say those nasty things in her face so that it would give her motivation to fight on. But at the end, when he realised how her condition has deteriorated, it felt almost hopeless. 

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Soo Cheol may be dimwitted, but I like learning that he has some positive traits, too. It's sweet that he wants to be the father that show his son how to ride a bike etc.

Yeah...I am often annoyed by him but then I blame his mum for coddling him the way she did. The wife has some feelings for him. Not love or anything close but perhaps some sort of affection or sympathy since he's always been good to her .  She wasn't so comfortable hearing he's gonna suffer after this and I wonder if she'll be the "weak" link to CEO Yoon's plans

Anyway they finally revealed what we have speculated all along - that grandpa's GF and Yoon are mother and son. 

• Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Just reading you all recaping of this week episode already resumed everything is like what I expected, frustrating episode. Even that psychopath YS is spying and watching the grandpa and HW on his room is even more annoying! Where is the clever protagonist that kdramas always have going? How many episodes more he will fight back and make the ingrate guests act like the boss. 

@gilaswan I will wait until it gets less annoying. 

Edited by Alice Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Alice Wonderland I’m hoping we see some positive movement tonight towards battle. Last night was sad on so many levels. But I like it that Da Hye looks like she’s wavering. I think it had not dawned on her until now that there’s going be real bloodshed coming up. 

Soo Cheol is also - as idiotic as he can be - a real tragic product of his mother’s reaction to the death of her elder son. He’s simpleminded because his mother has over sheltered him. I see so much of that at my work place. It’s very sad when you have very rescuing parents. The children don’t get to grow up and malfunction as adults. 

Ms GF is starting to really get on my nerves. I really wonder why her motivations are. Is she simply a swindler? Is this just a very complex and long standing heist that has nothing to do with revenge? I’m still trying to figure out why Grace and Da Hye are in the picture. Simply for the ride?

And will Hae In’s memory loss continue from here? If it does then she’s not going to be able to run the business any longer. How will they hide it? I need Aunt Beomja and eldest uncle to come in quick and become the unknown formidable force that hits back at OTOQ because they’re assumed to be non-threatening elements in the game.

• Like 5
Posted (edited)

Last episode was a cry fest. This episode was a mixture of laughs and tears. I laughed so much at Hyun Woo and Yang Gi cower in fear of our infamous Vincenzo Cassano. I didn't realise one of Queen of Tears' PD was Vincenzo's PD, allowing a delightful reprisal of our beloved character. Loved the return of Vincenzo's BGM. Song Joong Ki's cameo is considered long, yet didn't come across as an unnecessary filler. Hiring someone like Vincenzo aligns well with Hae In's style. 😆 It was a lovely reunion between Joong Ki and Ji Won, too. I had good fun with this Vincenzo cameo. Not only that, Netizens pointed out the divorce is a realistic portrayal of KEnt's divorce announcement. @ssteph Song Joong Ki's deep voice is so ❤️.

I’m pleased that the proposal occurred in the past, especially since some Netizens speculated that this scene might be from the future. I didn't think the couple needed another proposal scene such as this. Hyun Woo’s innocence and gullibility during that time are quite amusing, which is why Hae In still trust him. In the epilogue, it's good to know she regained her desire to live is rooted in love rather than hatred.

Aunt Beom Ja’s sobbing like a child had me in tears, but her emotions were relatable. Always the favored one, never having faced physical punishment, she had been her daddy’s precious little princess. However, Moh Seul Hee’s presence has shaken her position within the family. Regardless of age, the wounded heart still aches all the same.

Eun Sung’s memories were a surprise, as I didn't believe he harbours genuine feelings for Hae In. I dislike this development, because that means the villain can become weak, or worse, at risk of being whitewashed later. Moh Seul Hee seems to disapprove of this as well, seeing she doesn't allow Eun Sung to sit beside Hae In at the birthday banquet.

I like how this show breaks away from the typical K-drama structure, adding an element of unpredictability and anticipation. With the whole family in Yongdori, I anticipate chaotic and comedic scenes ahead—closer to Park Ji Eun's style in previous dramas. However, I hope it doesn’t become overly ridiculous, as I appreciate the current pacing. I appreciate the rom-com, but if we could see Hyun Woo and Hae In collaborate using Eun Sung’s tactics to reclaim the Queens would be a bonus. It’s also a golden opportunity to change Omma’s perception of Hyun Woo. While I didn’t want the divorce to happen, now that it has, Hyun Woo has no obligation to help the family. Yet, he remains, showing Omma his genuine and sincere side.

Felt like this show made so much references to the actors' past dramas, when I see the camper van, I even thought whether that's paying homage to It's Okay Not to Be Okay 😅

Lastly, I'm stoked with the rating! 16.143% at episode 8. Genuinely wishing the show can withhold this interesting pacing until the very end 🙏🏻! If it keeps on increasing by ~2% every even episode, we could be looking at 22–24% :pandaangel:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
Posted (edited)

Again, I really love the use of Vincenzo's BGM when Song Joong Ki came out of the elevator. 😆 I really don't want to say it but Vincenzo (SJK) is a scene stealer, stealing the thunder from Kim Soo Hyun. LOL! For a moment my heart strayed towards Vincenzo and by SJK's deep voice. Mianhe, Oppa Soo Hyun. Hahaha!

GKD4-H2-Ua0-AA-Bdx.jpg

GKD4-H35ac-AAeb7-W.jpg

Spoiler

GKD4-H3-Kaw-AA906l.jpgGKD3-MXao-AAJZz-P.jpg
GKD3-MZa-QAAz-QKY.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Arrrgh... I am behind with the drama... Not reading comments yet to avoid spoilers. Will try to catch up asap.

Just finished ep.6... Gosh the ending made me cry. The expression of both Hyun Woo (KSH) and Hae In (KJW) were so on point with the buildup of happiness and excitement then suddenly "BAM!" everything fell apart. :cry:

• Like 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@Alice Wonderland Safe to binge through both episodes this past weekend I think. The ending to episode 8 is quite smile inducing. I was kinda expecting to see all of them in the village when the news report came out to say no one knows where the Queens family has gone. Hahahaha...

But I do have questions

- were they ousted from their own house or did they choose to vacate because they now know it's no longer a safe space?

- Hyunwoo is no longer a director - granddad removed him - but as he mentioned, he is still an employee - does this mean he can still enter the office and "work" or has he been fired by Yoon Eun Seong? No mention of it ya? 
- Everyone involved seems to have fled the country - is Grace still around then? 

The take over was certainly very sudden and very swift. They just needed granddad to sign off on those papers and that was it! Aiyoh. I wonder what the reclaim Queens plan is going to be. I think we need the elder brother back in the game too. And poor Soo Cheol. I wonder what was in the note Da Hye left him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1