Queen of Tears 눈물의 여왕 [Current - Sat/Sun]

Cause my favourite Doc Slump is ending tonight, glad that I have this drama as it is an excellent replacement. I lol-ed so hard in Eps 2. After watching eps 2 , I actually feel for HaeIn. I just think she is who she is because she's got to prove herself over and over about how she's good enough. The way her mother blames her for her sibling's death is likely the reason why there is a rift between them.  Anyhow, despite his initial glee over her diagnosis, it didn't take long for them to show that there are still some feelings on his part. Jealousy is always a good catalyst to bring up those emotions.

So it does look like my oppa love, Park Sung Hoon will be part of a love triangle ? :thinking:. He is so suave here and I love that he says all these lines with double meaning. I do look forward to see how it all goes down between Hyun Woo and him; it's spicy ! :laugh:. I don't have SLS though...I am still rooting for the leads to truly rekindle their love. 

------------------------------

This spoiler from eps 4 broke my heart...

Spoiler

think this may have been the reason why the marriage became as rocky as it did. The loss of a child can really make or break a marriage

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 3/13/2024 at 4:05 AM, gilaswan said:

Brother. Love the actor. Don't love the character. But he does come across as a poor little stupid rich kid. His wife is very sus... I'm sure she's manipulating him. 

She is playing him. I wouldn't be surprised if she drugs him sometimes, to take a break from him. He is extremely stupid.  I can not believe he believed his wife when she told him he was the one who drank the rest of the alcohol in episode 3. I thought couldn't he smell the alcohol on her breath or body? After all, any alcohol consumption leaves a noticeable odor on the breath and body. You were right @gilaswan she is manipulating him. He is doted on by his family meanwhile his sister is treated vastly differently.

@abs-oluteM  I am so conflicted with HW lying to his wife because I am starting to suspect that they have a pass that neither of them knows. Two hints have been shown, they have met twice before they met as adults. Although he says he hates her, his actions say otherwise. When she gets hurt or is lost, he becomes anxious and expresses anger or fear when she is concerned. His marriage was suffocating him but his pretending to care is much worse especially when she is ill or dying. 

Spoiler

Flashback scene where she was almost killed by the huge wild boar, someone rescued her at the beach.  Now we see they met in middle school briefly , once again he saw her at her worst. 

• Like 5

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

@abs-oluteM This drama has already become my crack. I stayed up to watch the recaps/cut clips. Look forward to the drama unfolding what happened between them in the last 3 years. The lost of baby was a huge surprise from my end, and heartbreaking. There may be more backstory to it, like how the miscarriage happened, and how it affects their relationship. Hyun Woo is now sleeping in the supposedly baby room and it hurts to know how both never really forgot "Soo Bin" and hid this through a passcode (Hae In) and a fluorescent sticker on the ceiling (Hyun Woo). Kim Soo Hyun did a really good job bringing out this painful emotion.

I still need to watch this episode fully. 

P.S. how hot was Kim Soo Hyun throwing the bike to the side! 😍🥰

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Aiyaaa... why Park Sung Hoon playing villain again.... :heiboi:

:laugh:why does it seem that they never consummated their marriage? I'm still at the beginning of ep.3.

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Posted (edited)

Episode 4 is soooo good! I love that there are a mixture of emotions I am feeling in this episode - amusement, laughter, sadness, fluttering heart (at Kim Soo Hyun throwing the bike). And LMAO, the writer wrote Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin falling in love into her script! Can't not think of @Chocolate because of that. Haha.

Clearly, Hyun Woo loves Hae In, and he is just in denial. I'm in no rush for him to realise/admit his feelings because I'm enjoying the push and pull right now. Not sure how significant the epilogue really is, and doesn't seem like both remember each other. The only point I see to it now is Hyun Woo had been there with Hae In in moment(s) she's in need.

To be honest, I can relate to Hyun Woo's feelings towards the Hong family. As we have seen, Hae In's mother doesn't hide her dislikes towards Hyun Woo. I can imagine how much she would berate Hyun Woo in the last 3 years by seeing how she takes it out on Hae In. Add the rest of the family doing the same, too. Soo Cheol has no respect for Hyun Woo as well. I'm looking forward to a scene where Hyun Woo put him in his place one day. Hmph.

Love love love the ending scene. That whole conversation was just great. At that moment, both were back to being honest with their feelings/thoughts and communicating. But looks like the villagers ruined it for them the next day by spilling the beans on the divorce. Aish. Fine. I can deal with more angst.

Obviously I feel emotional again on rewatch of the baby scene. The contrast of how happy Hyun Woo was when he found out the news vs present time. And then there's that scene where Mum tells them to have a baby and Hae In answered it in such a cold ways. How could they have a baby and be asked to leave the country when he was the happiest to learn about the pregnancy before?

What the heck is Eun Seong plotting? Looks to me he is trying to absorb Queens and take over. Who is that other man again? I think he has appeared before in the previous episodes, but I can't remember! Did Eun Seong lose his family because of Queens Group?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

This show is soooo good. I like everything about it. The writing is just pitch perfect. Even in three episodes there is already so much payoff. I like it so much that I don't even mind that Park Sung-hoon is playing a psychopath again. He does whatever he does so well. Whether he plays good guys or bad guys he nails it with a wrinkle or a stare. Besides I can understand him taking a break from playing good/nice guys in his last two dramas. :P The drama certainly boasts an incredible cast including Kwak Dong-yeon and Lee Mi-seok.

I saw a short clip of the drama on YT and it piqued my interest immediately. It was the boar shooting scene and Kim Soo-hyun looked pretty 帅 and it has managed to get me out of the douyin rut that I'm in. It hasn't been easy finding something in K drama territory that would interest me but yes, this did it. In some ways it's not that surprising because there are many elements of a douyin drama in this. A snobbish and very dysfunctional conglomerate family that's recently become the target of all kinds of plots and conspiracies. Caught in the middle is their intelligent but sensitive grandson-in-law who is entangled in all their problems because he naively believed it was enough that he married the love of his life. It is a fairytale where Cinderella... or Cinderfella didn't exactly get his happily-ever-after. Instead he became the family's laundry cleaner and it's destroying his soul. The woman he thought he would love and protect for the rest of his life has become the bane of his existence. I wondered for the first couple of episodes what happened to this couple who liked each other. The show seems to suggest that they have forgotten what it was that brought them together but it's perhaps more likely that the family dysfunction, conflicting principles and neglect are the primary culprits.

For me the highlight is that this is beautifully written story about marriage. It's highly relatable and the psychology is right on the money. Marriage is far more than feelings. It is commitment to a set of vows with trust at the heart of it because feelings come and go. Even when Hyun-woo pretends to be an attentive husband, by the very act itself he is changing the dynamic. Sure he wants out because he feels stifled by his demanding selfish in-laws but by his recent actions, he is recreating the marriage that they both had anticipated but went by the wayside. Not all of Hyun-woo's goodwill has ended up in the ash heap. Deep down inside he still cares and he was already a compassionate and decent person to begin with. But marriage is work... hard work at times so when the two people in it stop working at it... they stop caring. It's really that simple. Considering that they both come from very different family backgrounds, they definitely had their work cut out for them.

On the acting side of things, it's a pleasant surprise to see Kim Ji-won in a completely different role to the one she played in My Liberation Notes. She's really very good. And I have loved Kim Soo-hyun for a very long time and he's very funny here. Episode 1 was hilarious. I laughed out loud so many times.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 5

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Love love love the ending scene. That whole conversation was just great. At that moment, both were back to being honest with their feelings/thoughts and communicating.

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Obviously I feel emotional again on rewatch of the baby scene. The contrast of how happy Hyun Woo was when he found out the news vs present time.

I thought about how things could have become the way it did and I think the way HaeIn first reacted gave a clue to how things may have spiraled when they lost their baby. Just like how she would put up this defensive wall now about how she's not a patient , that she'll defy death, she likely put up those same walls when they lost their baby. The lost of a child can make or break a marriage - I would really like a bit more insight to what transpired then and how they dealt with it. 

@UnniSara I think Hyun Woo is feeling conflicted about what his true feelings are. The initial news of her diagnosis was met with relief because it felt like a way out for his own misery. But as the episodes unfold , I like that we could see he does care. And that it bothered him when someone else took an interest in her. There's a lot of grief and bitterness that has been piled up that clearly needs addressing. 

@ktcjdrama @40somethingahjumma I am just glad that ParkSungHoon is not just playing the 2nd ML who isn't going to get the girl. If he's going to play second fiddle here, let him be an interesting character. At least from the 4 episodes , he's gonna be a deliciously handsome and scheming love interest. Though I am not even sure if he has any genuine feelings for HaeIn...it just feels like he wants to take over Queens.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I had to decide - if time was limited on the weekend and I had to pick a drama to watch, what would it be - Queen of Tears. @mademoiselle I’m with you on being a crackpot for this drama; @abs-oluteM I too am down to just this drama for the weekend now… in fact for the week! I’m keeping my Dr Slump ending episodes for when I need to relax in the next couple of days…

Love this week’s episodes and how they were delivered. Love how each new reveal may seem so small but in reality adds so much to the story.

The biggest and saddest reveal this week was the loss of the baby. Very heartbreaking and very likely what led to the marriage breaking down. My guess is it probably looked like Haein lost the baby because she was “careless” at work and she likely brushed it off as ‘better anyway since it would be a hindrance to her work life’ because she’s the sort that needs to rationalise away her hurt. If she had done that, then it would’ve led to a huge fight between them. Something similar probably happened with her older brother’s death which was why her mum blamed her for the selfishness with which she responded to his death. Truth is more likely that Haein carries deep hurt and guilt for her brother’s death and baby’s miscarriage. This life incident also sheds light on why she didn’t want to let her parents know about her illness - she has actually experienced the pain of losing a child. I wonder if her parents knew about her pregnancy. They may live on the same compound but they clearly have their own quarters. 

That investor dude is clearly trying to bring the family down. I wonder if he’s in on it with Granddad’s live-in girlfriend. I don’t like him at all (I don’t reckon we are supposed to at all) and I can’t wait for Hyunwoo to bring him down and have her entire family finally appreciate him for who he is and not his background.

Brother and wife are also quite an interesting couple to watch. He’s such a gullible person and wife is such a two-faced person. I wonder how such people lead such tiring lives! 

And then there’s the eldest uncle. I wonder if granddad’s girlfriend was the one who did him in and what actually happened there. Granddad’s books aren’t clean but it doesn’t seem like Granddad is at fault. More like he’s trusting the wrong people and not keeping things in check. I’m waiting for Hyunwoo to work with this uncle and aunt to uncover questionable corporate shenanigans that could harm the empire.

There were also lighthearted comedic moments, especially when Hyunwoo has conversations with that lawyer friend of his who’s teaching him all sorts of nonsense. My husband found me chuckling many times and remarked, “You’re really liking this show, huh?” Yes, I am! And I’ll even rewatch it to see if there’s anything else of significance I missed!

I liked the epilogues that tell us more about their past. I did wonder too if they knew that they had met each other briefly in high school. I think they probably did - her mp3 player was kept in Hyunwoo’s old room. 

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
On 3/15/2024 at 2:32 PM, mademoiselle said:

It is a thriller. They always make thriller look like horror in trailers. I might watch it tomorrow if I can muster the motivation to get out of the house 😂

Kim Soo Hyun said in You Quiz on the Block that his role has a lot of Chun Song Yi (My Love From the Star) in it and he thought it was hard - so he is amazed even more JJH pulled it off with her comedic scenes. It does seem like now he's Chun Song Yi and Ji Won is Do Ming Joon (the cold one) in this context.

Did you end up watching Exhuma @mademoiselle and was it good?

Hahaha, I think Chun Song Yi was still cold in My Love From the Stars, but like diva-cold (ie. the kind to act emotional whhen it comes to tantrums, but not when it comes to being friendly.) Do Ming Joon was more stoic cold. I don't know if I feel like he's completely like CSY, but I can see where he's coming from :idk:

On 3/15/2024 at 10:58 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenLThat's so well said. I think you have mentioned exactly almost all that I had in my mind, why I had not warmed up to the couple since beginning. Both so far a bit too dramatic for my liking and the attraction between them was not well depicted, so it's hard to get into their story. 

The incoming of the 2nd lead did make it more interesting for me. I probably will try few more episodes if I'm in the mood or when I have too much time on my hand lols. Anyway the outlook is not too good 😅 If I already not so excited for first few episodes, do you think it will be possible for me to stay until 16 episodes ? 😂

Hahaha, sometimes I think my tastes in dramas are a bit more like yours and Tofu's when it comes to dramas like this. Like you though, I'll probably still watch. Even though it's not fully my kind of drama, there's something alluring about big romance dramas that star big actors. Kim Soo Hyun dramas always give me this kind of feeling - it's like I know I'm not going to be hardcore swept up in the fandom completely, but I enjoy going for the ride. Besides all the dreamy romance scenes are nice.:popcorn:

Second lead is innteresting not because I like him, but because he brings out the protective instinct in Hyun Woo. Hahaha I feel like you're not going to last @SilverMoonTea - even when you're excited, I'm not sure when you'll get bored and change your mind. So when you're not excited to begin with, I could allmost bet money on the outcome :heiboi::pandatakeit:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

17 hours ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle I’m with you on being a crackpot for this drama

It's so nice to find another crack (happy) drama, isn't it? I think my last one was Destined With You. Is your hubby still watching with you? What does he think of that scene where Soo Hyun threw the bike aside? LMAO.

17 hours ago, gilaswan said:

The biggest and saddest reveal this week was the loss of the baby. Very heartbreaking and very likely what led to the marriage breaking down. My guess is it probably looked like Haein lost the baby because she was “careless” at work and she likely brushed it off as ‘better anyway since it would be a hindrance to her work life’ because she’s the sort that needs to rationalise away her hurt. If she had done that, then it would’ve led to a huge fight between them. Something similar probably happened with her older brother’s death which was why her mum blamed her for the selfishness with which she responded to his death. Truth is more likely that Haein carries deep hurt and guilt for her brother’s death and baby’s miscarriage. This life incident also sheds light on why she didn’t want to let her parents know about her illness - she has actually experienced the pain of losing a child. I wonder if her parents knew about her pregnancy. They may live on the same compound but they clearly have their own quarters. 

I think you probably hit a nail there on Hae In's reaction to the baby loss. Her pretense, or maybe I should say protection mechanism, might be the cause of their break in the marriage. Whatever it is, I'm all for learning more about it. Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Ji Won just works for me as an on-screen couple. I am not yet invested in their romance but I like the visual.

Oh yeah, I'm devastated why they did not have a couple photoshoot like others! I hope they'll do one later!

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Did you end up watching Exhuma @mademoiselle and was it good?

No, I didn't sleep well on Friday so I stayed home. I shall attempt again this week.

9 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha, I think Chun Song Yi was still cold in My Love From the Stars, but like diva-cold (ie. the kind to act emotional whhen it comes to tantrums, but not when it comes to being friendly.) Do Ming Joon was more stoic cold. I don't know if I feel like he's completely like CSY, but I can see where he's coming from

I don't think what Soo Hyun mean is Hyun Woo having Song Yi's characterisation. I believe he meant Hyun Woo has to do comedic scenes just like JJH did for Chun Song Yi. I saw the BTS cuts on weibo, it didn't seem that hard for him, and he was being a dork and does a lot of ad-libs.

9 hours ago, JenL said:

So when you're not excited to begin with, I could allmost bet money on the outcome :heiboi::pandatakeit:

@SilverMoonTea said she's dropping the drama already because she doesn't like the baby loss bit. :idk: And married couple doesn't appeal her unless they are cheating, right, Tea? HAHAHA

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I see so many of you raving about how good looking Kim Soo Hyun is. But I don't see it 😭😅

22 hours ago, gilaswan said:

That investor dude is clearly trying to bring the family down. I wonder if he’s in on it with Granddad’s live-in girlfriend. I don’t like him at all (I don’t reckon we are supposed to at all) and I can’t wait for Hyunwoo to bring him down and have her entire family finally appreciate him for who he is and not his background.

I think Park Sung Hoon's character is very interesting, because we don't really understand his underlying motive yet. In fact, at times, I wish Hae In would choose him 😂 Could he be working with Grandpa's mistress?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
14 hours ago, JenL said:

@SilverMoonTea - even when you're excited, I'm not sure when you'll get bored and change your mind. So when you're not excited to begin with, I could allmost bet money on the outcome :heiboi::pandatakeit:

@JenL just know me so well, even better than my own self sometimes lols. I want to like this drama, seems everyone is here 😂 I feel lonely 😅 

I was discussing with @mademoisellethat I felt like the marital issue seems a bit heavy with baby loss. But then she caught me talking about World of Married which is even had heavier marital problems. So I was caught being inconsistent here 😆

I think the bit where he want her to die and she were kind of snobby when she was an intern or even after she become director didn't really bode well with me. So I couldn't really enjoy this drama. Maybe if I have time I'll try few more episodes (no promise lols probably I won't follow up too 😅). At the moment I'm with @Tofu watching dating show My Sibling Romance 😂

• Haha 5

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 3/18/2024 at 6:11 AM, mademoiselle said:

P.S. how hot was Kim Soo Hyun throwing the bike to the side! 😍🥰

Love this one too :wow:

On 3/18/2024 at 3:38 PM, mademoiselle said:

How could they have a baby and be asked to leave the country when he was the happiest to learn about the pregnancy before?

I suspect the family never found out about the miscarriage.

Not sure how significant the epilogue really is, and doesn't seem like both remember each other.

I really like this touch although it's such a cliche. I wonder if Hae In ever knew about it since she must recognise her music player.

What the heck is Eun Seong plotting?..... Did Eun Seong lose his family because of Queens Group?

Sigh... I wish he's just a third-party in the romance department. @abs-oluteM I prefer to still be able to like/pity him, instead of hating him. But of course, why cast him if the role is simply that. Didn't expect revenge plot here. I guess Queens must've something to do with him ending up at the orphanage? Or maybe it's just simply a case of jealousy.

16 hours ago, Chocolate said:

I see so many of you raving about how good looking Kim Soo Hyun is. But I don't see it 😭😅

My elder brother commented too pointing to a pic of KSH in a magazine ~ How is this considered good looking? :laugh: Good thing he did that at home, away from and not heard by any KSH's fans. Btw, he received the most flowers in MDL, making him the most loved actor there. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

So, my friend is watching this too and she likes it. She thinks Kim Soo Hyun is cute too.

So I asked her, how about if compared to Hyun Bin?

She says:

Hide contents

Hyun Bin is old already.

:shocked::cry::laugh:

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Did you see his recent hairstyle at the baseball match with Ye Jin, Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo. Is he filming something that needs long hair?

---

Woah, Netflix K-Content released Episode 5 pre-release preview with subs!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4

Episodes 3-4

I actually feel like this drama has grown more on me this week even though it's not a crack drama for me. I think what I really like is how it shows the dynamics of how a relationship can grow apart but also how a relationship can repair. Hae In's character never shows any weakness or vulnerability, probably as a defence mechanism from her mother being so cruel to her. But you can't truly get close to another person, particularly your partner, if all you do is close up, stonewall or keep a fence around you. Showing weakness or sadness, espeically when there's been a sad event like losing a child, makes people bond closer together. It's kind of like when you become friends with people - it's not because they were always the coolest, smartest etc person you knew. It's because you went on a school trip together and got lost. Or they told you a secret, or their hopes and dreams - things that were vulnerable, and you felt like you were close because they trusted you and vice versa. So I like how this drama explores all of that as the key to repairing their relationship :heart:

While I think I'm still a little meh about Hyun Woo's flipping between hoping she'll die for his freedom and feeling protective over her, I did really like the montage of his imagination of a life where he'd be forced to be at family arguments, bossed around by his wife and wearing an apron crying while oil sprays on his hands as he's forced to fry food :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I also really liked how Hae In turned up for his family when the sister texted her asking for her help in showing support and saving face. It's so imposible/ riddiculous in someways, but I think I like seeing this grand gesture of Hae In's warmth when she was such a frosty person at the start. I also think her character definitely has some of the traditionally 'masucline' traits - as in, she has been to told or asked to show her affection, whereas Hyun Woo expects her to read his mind and just be empathetic. Hae In is always asking Hyun Woo to be more direct and tell her what he wants. But he always feels like he can never say it outright (which makes him part of the problem too since he's trying to people please or doesn't want to rock the boat :idk:)

On 3/17/2024 at 10:46 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Yet to back read but just wanna say I enjoyed the first episode. Everything is kind of over the top but it is the charm of such chaebol dramas. 

I feel like this is to be expected of all the big budget Kdramas with lead actors to be honest. It just gives me the same feels as things like Crash Landing or It's Ok to Not Be Ok . But you're right, it's fun to be reminded you are watching a Kdrama :heiboi:

On 3/18/2024 at 2:31 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Cause my favourite Doc Slump is ending tonight, glad that I have this drama as it is an excellent replacement.

Mannn, I looooved Dr Slump and I'll miss it now that it's over. But the wedding photos were adorable!!! :heart:

On 3/18/2024 at 10:11 AM, mademoiselle said:

Hyun Woo is now sleeping in the supposedly baby room and it hurts to know how both never really forgot "Soo Bin" and hid this through a passcode (Hae In) and a fluorescent sticker on the ceiling (Hyun Woo).

I liked learning bout these things - I totally missed these tidbits. On a related but unrelated note, I am super creeped out by that picture of a girl's face Hae In has in her room?! What even is that??? :lettalKWA:

On 3/18/2024 at 9:41 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

For me the highlight is that this is beautifully written story about marriage. It's highly relatable and the psychology is right on the money. Marriage is far more than feelings. It is commitment to a set of vows with trust at the heart of it because feelings come and go. Even when Hyun-woo pretends to be an attentive husband, by the very act itself he is changing the dynamic. Sure he wants out because he feels stifled by his demanding selfish in-laws but by his recent actions, he is recreating the marriage that they both had anticipated but went by the wayside. Not all of Hyun-woo's goodwill has ended up in the ash heap. Deep down inside he still cares and he was already a compassionate and decent person to begin with. But marriage is work... hard work at times so when the two people in it stop working at it... they stop caring. It's really that simple. Considering that they both come from very different family backgrounds, they definitely had their work cut out for them.

Yes, I think this paragraph is beautifully written and probably one of things I find that draws me to this drama.

On 3/19/2024 at 2:37 AM, gilaswan said:

And then there’s the eldest uncle. I wonder if granddad’s girlfriend was the one who did him in and what actually happened there. Granddad’s books aren’t clean but it doesn’t seem like Granddad is at fault. More like he’s trusting the wrong people and not keeping things in check. I’m waiting for Hyunwoo to work with this uncle and aunt to uncover questionable corporate shenanigans that could harm the empire.

Grandpa's girlfriend is not in the scheming meeting with the gossipy lady or the evil second lead, but she's definitely planning something with the evil guy. I feel sorry for grandpa. He's not the best person, but his family is messed up because of the wealth he accumulated and he's lonely (which is how he's being preyed on by the girlfriend)...but isn't this the story of every old rich guy? :idk:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

On 3/20/2024 at 12:57 AM, Chocolate said:

Hahaha, I kinda see it and sometimes I think he looks pretty good, but it's not my taste personally. It's like Brad Pitt. I always knew he was good looking, and sometimes there was swoony picture here and there, but otherwise he was not my personal brannd of good looking. :idk:

On 3/20/2024 at 1:46 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

@JenL just know me so well, even better than my own self sometimes lols. I want to like this drama, seems everyone is here 😂 I feel lonely 😅 

Hahahaha don't worry @SilverMoonTea I'm not a diehard for this drama either and I know what you mean. I like that everyone has a new crack drama, but I wish I was on that level of excitement too! Are you only watching one dating show??? :heiboi:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Did you see his recent hairstyle at the baseball match with Ye Jin, Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo. Is he filming something that needs long hair?

Spoiler

I think something that is set in the 70s. Maybe longer hair allows more options on the styling later.

That was a really nice video wasn't it. 😍

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 3

I think we all expected this given how Hae In tends to put on a defence mechanism to shield herself. She was trying to protect her own fragile heart but I think she forgot it’s their baby not just hers . He was grieving too .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I really liked how things panned out ...no wonder KSH says episode 5 was such an important episode. I felt a breakthrough for this couple - all the pain, hurt, bitterness can finally now be addressed. If only time will by her side. 

My favourite bit ...even more than the kiss ( which was very nice too) 

(tweet was removed by OP)

I think I am like @mademoiselle, I enjoy watching the MLs get emotional and shed some tears!  :laugh:

Oh I have to add that as terrible as EunSung is with all his scheming , the grandfather's girlfriend scares me more. Did you all see how good her aim was throwing that kitchen appliance at the CCTV?!

• Like 3