Thanks @wink_ for the thread.

@liddi Your favourite writer. Will you be watching?

This takes over the timeslot for Dr Romantic 3 @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM @Tofu @ktcjdrama

Synopsis

When the door to another world opens, demons exists there. Ku San-Young (Kim Tae-Ri), is possessed by one of those demon. Yeom Hae-Sang (Oh Jung-Se) can see the demon which has possessed Ku San-Young. They try to figure out the truth behind the mysterious deaths related to the five sacred objects.

Ku San-Young is busy working part-time during the day and studying to become a low ranking public officer at night. One day, she receives some articles left behind by her late father. Since then, mysterious deaths take place around her. She also finds herself slowly changing.

Yeom Hae-Sang comes from a rich background. He teaches Korean folklore at a university. Since he was a child, he has had the special ability to see demons in this world. He even saw his mother killed by a demon in front of him when he was young. Yeom Hae-Sang meets Ku San-Young and he faces the demon which killed his mother..

Lee Hong-Sae (Hong Kyung) is a lieutenant in the violent crimes investigation team. He only cares about advancing his career in the police department. Due to Ku San-Young and Yeom Hae-Sang, he gets involved in mysterious cases.

Source: https://asianwiki.com/Revenant_(Korean_Drama)

• Like 5
  • Party! 3

after much anticipation, famed Korean storyteller Kim Eun Hee returns to the screen with occult thriller series “Revenant” slated on June 23 on Disney+

• Like 5

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

cc9de020-3030-488b-bb45-4e02d6440bf4.jpg

Studio S, BA Entertainment

SBS TV has revealed a teaser trailer for the beginning episode of upcoming series Revenant  to broadcast on June 23

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

a supernatural story of demons and death starring Kim Tae Ri and Oh Jung Se participated a promotional event “Revenant” 

• Like 5

@Chocolate This is not a genre I enjoy (then again, I said the same thing about zombies in Kingdom, and see where I ended!). Am not familiar with the director (didn't watch VIP), but will definitely check it out because of KEH, whom I trust to make it far more than mere gratuitous horror, not to mention the strong cast. Keeping fingers very crossed that this will be yet another of her works which I love. Just one question. How much of it will I be able to watch and analyse if I spend most of my time hiding behind my hands and peeking through my fingers? :thinking:

Incidentally thanks for reminding me... just as I previously subscribed to iFlix for Signal, Netflix for Kingdom and iQiYi for Jirisan, I have just subscribed to Disney+ Hotstar for Revenant :laugh:

Edited by liddi
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

步步惊心, 长相思, 琅琊榜之风起长林, 平凡的荣耀, 大鱼海棠, 九州缥缈录, 风声, 剑雨

Ice Kacang Puppy Love, Garden of Evening Mists

Mother, 空から降る一億の星, Ouroboros

1 hour ago, liddi said:

@Chocolate This is not a genre I enjoy (then again, I said the same thing about zombies in Kingdom, and see where I ended!). Am not familiar with the director (didn't watch VIP), but will definitely check it out because of KEH, whom I trust to make it far more than mere gratuitous horror, not to mention the strong cast. Keeping fingers very crossed that this will be yet another of her works which I love. Just one question. How much of it will I be able to watch and analyse if I spend most of my time hiding behind my hands and peeking through my fingers? :thinking:

Incidentally thanks for reminding me... just as I previously subscribed to iFlix for Signal, Netflix for Kingdom and iQiYi for Jirisan, I have just subscribed to Disney+ Hotstar for Revenant :laugh:

I was going to terminate my Disney+ after Dr Romantic 3 ended, but can't now too 😂

Look forward to your thoughts later.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Party! 1

SBS released the lengthy promotional video opens for the upcoming horror occult “Revenant”  possessed by an evil spirit into the mysterious deaths that digs into human desires

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

On 6/17/2023 at 5:36 AM, Chocolate said:

This takes over the timeslot for Dr Romantic 3 @mademoiselle @abs-oluteM @Tofu @ktcjdrama

Thanks for the tag! I am so watching this one. Let's hope that it doesn't turn out to be like The Cursed, which I was so looking forward to, but ended up dropping it. 

PS: I actually am not watching Dr Romantic 3, because...... I haven't even watched Dr Romantic 1 and 2 :nervous::laugh: I've heard it's good and highly recommended, but I wasn't watching the first season when airing, then I just never get the time to start... soon, soon...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Fz-HNkaua-EAAquu-R.jpg

Fz-HNkb-Ea-MAEq-FQ4.jpg

Image source:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtvI4RxpTLC/igshid=MTI1ZDU5ODQ3Yw==

“Revenant” Character relationships charts in various platforms

Fz-OQil-Ra-AAAri-IQ.jpg
https://instagram.com/kdramacommenterigshid=MTI1ZDU5ODQ3Yw==

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

SBS TV has unveiled a new stack of teaser and footage 'Revenant'  which will premiere on June 23

Fz-NCDWsa-QAITQ8-Z.jpg

Fz-NCDWpa-IAMSJws.jpg

Fz-NCDWpa-MAEIr-P3.jpg
Studio S, BA Entertainment

Spoiler

• Like 4

Does anyone have any idea what time is it supposed to air on Disney+? I've been scrolling over the past 30mins but no sign of it anywhere :mad:

Edited by liddi
  • Like 2

Signal, Thank You, Missing:The Other Side, Children of Nobody, Misaeng, Tree with Deep Roots, Story of a Man

a portal “Revenant” that opens to a world of demons, with the possessed woman Gu San Young and the person who can see demons, Yeom Hae Sang. the story revolves around them try to find out the causes for certain questionable deaths ~ highlights

• Like 4

On 6/20/2023 at 3:29 PM, liddi said:

@Chocolate This is not a genre I enjoy (then again, I said the same thing about zombies in Kingdom, and see where I ended!).  How much of it will I be able to watch and analyse if I spend most of my time hiding behind my hands and peeking through my fingers? :thinking:

It's not scary and very watchable. I'm also allergic to full blown horror. I can't finish Daniel Choi's Ghost Detective because it was so scary and disturbing. Let alone Guest, few minutes already traumatized me.

The first episode had a very solid start. They gave a background about the characters, he can see ghost and she got possesed by it. The ghost in her suspected to be malicious and might be the one who killed his mother, but probably it's not as simple as that. 

Her friend new house case is also very engaging and have fast pace. I think KTR had a knack to choose an interesting scenario that might become another blockbuster. I hope it continue to be good. 

• Confused 1
  • Clapping Hands 2
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

tumblr-2fcee9bf345d04006c3cbc0de3339db0-

Fz-UKk-Na-WAAId8y-S.jpg

@disneypluskr 

the gates between realms have opened the evil spirit’s flashback “Revenant” |  teaser trailer

• Like 3

On 6/29/2023 at 2:09 PM, gilaswan said:

I like Kim Taeri and am looking for something to watch, but I think I'm gonna sit this one out... not my kinda genre

Aw, try it! It's good. It's not a screamfest, but you do get goosebumps. It's one thing to just see the ghosts around, but quite another to take out your mirror, then see the ghosts in the mirror just behind you! 🥶😅 But there is ample time to close your ears, and eyes if necessary haha.

I like this and think it is much better than Jirisan in terms of pace and plot. Are you watching @liddi?

From the synopsis, I was worried that Kim Taeri (Gu Sanyeong) would be acting demon possessed most of the time. Fortunately, she is not. She knows a spirit has latched on to her and is working with Oh Jung Se (Yeom Haesang) to solve that problem. Like most similar stories, it seems that the way to do so is to help the spirit fulfill her wishes so that it can leave. But this spirit is vengeful (not surprising given what she suffered) and seems to not want people to find out who she is. Plus I am wondering why SY's father left her that hair clip knowing that it belonged to the spirit.

Aside from the main plot, there are smaller/connected cases along the way. SY and HS are solving these from a folklore/spiritual standpoint. The detectives are investigating based on evidence. Both methods work and they merge. It's quite well done actually.

The only thing this drama lacks is star power. Or perhaps I am influenced by the news that Gong Yoo was first offered the lead role but declined. This I supposed then went to Oh Jung Se, who is a great actor so no faults there. But if it had been GY, likely that would have been some romantic suggestions/tension between the 2 leads. As it is now, it seems the drama is promoting a romance between SY and the younger detective. Not that romance is needed at all.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@Chocolate Yes, I've been following the series faithfully every weekend, but unfortunately haven't been able to sit down and ramble about it due to real life demands. Hopefully that lets up soon and I'll be able to write more! Where more than a year ago, my weekends were spent climbing mountains (and chasing spies), this time, I am investigating vengeful ghosts (in broad daylight) with my mum :laugh: Am enjoying it a lot, and very pleasantly surprised that it has minimal gore (is it because it's on SBS rather than say OCN or tvN?) without letting up on the dread and creepiness. Concur with what you said about pacing and plot, brisk without any unnecessary fillers in between, keeping me in its thrall and protesting when each episode ends, and not forgetting strong performances from the ensemble cast. Totally did not expect to see the adorable little Kang Byul of Law School as the tragic victim from 1958, and very possibly the malevolent spirit that has latched on to GSY. That being said, I don't find Jirisan to be the weaker drama in comparison, as the human element is far more pronounced in that drama, making me care very quickly for the characters. In contrast, as of now, Revenant has not really given me emotional resonance of a similar scale, with my focus predominantly on the urgency of unveiling the truth behind the spirit and stopping the trail of blood it leaves in its wake before more fall victim to it. With us nearing the halfway mark, we shall see whether I feel differently this week. Fingers crossed!

Edited by liddi
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Party! 1

@gilaswan I've seen comments in other places that this is a "horror" show. It really isn't. There's certainly a lot of eerie music and people walking around in bad makeup. The odd jump scare here and there. It's more like The Sixth Sense -- a supernatural thriller police procedural grounded in history. The plotting and attention to detail is so far pretty good. Aspects of it remind me of the US show Grimm although this has much less of a fantastical feel.

I enjoy this show and Jirisan for different reasons. But this one moves much better undoubtedly. I don't remember the last time I've seen Oh Jung-se play a conventional male lead. He's known mostly as a character actor. I like him very much here though -- he's unexpectedly hot.

• Haha 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.