Castaway Diva 무인도의 디바 [2023]

Tofu

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

:thinking: I won't say I adopted him as oppa... but I'm a big fan since WWW when I discovered he was Marco. I have watched all his dramas, and movie Kill Bok Soon

You need to share with us your Oppa list, else how I know whether to tag you or not when we talk about Oppa everywhere here!? Hahaha.

tvN uploaded tons of photos

B120239725photogroup1700554887672.jpg

Must share dimples...

B120239725photogroup1700554889176.jpg

Is this kind of round glasses coming back to trend? Coz I like this kind sooo much more than the stupid squarish, cat kind.

More photos → https://tvn.cjenm.com/ko/castawaydiva/photo/#localePhotoPopup/26699-16544/3612/7-8-화-비하인드-스틸-✿

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 4
On 11/22/2023 at 7:52 PM, mademoiselle said:

You need to share with us your Oppa list, else how I know whether to tag you or not when we talk about Oppa everywhere here!? Hahaha.

:laugh: just tag me... oppa or not... it's easy to sell dramas (and oppas) to me. Furry little things, muscular beings, alpha females, angsty melos, lost aliens or lone ghosts... Just that not sure why, am not too into heavy (=violent) dramas this year. 

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Yesterday's episode was so sad on so many levels. Seeing BG getting all beat up was not the hardest part , it was him crying in the car carrying this burden, something which has carried all his life, that made me cry with him. The bio father is a sociopath and if he doesn't go to jail soon , someone else will die. I am glad WH thought of the dash cam recording. I hope that is good enough to put the father behind bars. Also my sad boy WH still trying to control his feelings each time he see MH and his bro. Plus tonight it looks like he'll be injured too.  

What do you think Kang father was doing? Will he go to jail for helping them forge the theft identity? :nervous: Will MH cut ties with that Kang family? I don't think so she will but I can see why the agency would want her to do so. 

Urghhh....

https://twitter.com/skielsh/status/1728564824957935886?s=20

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Why would Chae Jong Hyeop say there's no romance when this is the preview?! :wow:

Maybe he talked so much about he'd like there to be romance that the scriptwriter wrote it in. All, if not most, of his interviews were during filming. Haha! 

• Haha 4

I feel so, so bad for Woo Hak! Couldn't help but cried a little with him too. I'm glad foster father was there to comfort him. It's a good idea to keep his feelings hidden from Bo Geol, as to not complicate what already is a very complicated situation. He's holding up and concealing his feelings very well, but I still wish he was given the chance to say his goodbyes. I guess it is for the best. Both boys are good men, and I think this is the first time ever of Park Hae Ryun's dramas that I actually really liked the second male lead and feel bad for him for not getting the girl. Even as cute as Jung Hae In was in While You Were Sleeping, I wasn't moved. Maybe also because none of them were as emotionally vulnerable as Woo Hak...

As for Go Beol/Ki Ho, man, tell me where to find a Ki Ho of my own? I am totally smitten by the revelation that he's prepared a place for Mok Ha ever since he found her. This boy, seriously, does everything so silently. How not to be moved by this gesture? The part where Mok Ha fainted on him, and he, so effortlessly, princess carry her to the bed and the difference in their body size... *Swoon*

img.gif

That said, coming back to reality, how is Bo Geol paying for Mok Ha's new place? Having watched enough drama, I understand he can pay a lump sum of deposit upfront. So is it just a year or two? He must have saved up lots.

Did Bo Geol really quit his job? I'd like to think he was given a special leave until he sorted out the identify theft. Fingers crossed I am right because Park Hye Ryun's dramas always provide hopes, not take it away. And what message would the drama send if it shows the workplace abandoning their workers with special circumstances? Same with Woo Hak. He was resigning, but his superior wasn't accepting it.

Interested to know how Woo Hak and Ran Joo explain away the false news. I didn't think it was such a big deal, though. It was falsely reported anyway.

img.gif

How nice must it be to run towards Chae Jong Hyeop while he smiles so brightly at you, eh @Tofu @JenL?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

how is Bo Geol paying for Mok Ha's new place?

In dramaland, everyone has money even the people who are supposed to be poor. They are seen carrying very expensive bags (like Nam Soo in Strong Girl. She came from a modest family in Mongolia but she was wearing some fancy clothes and carrying fancy bags the moment she landed in Korea -- before she met her rich family). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Eps 10 was a tear fest for me. Imagine with my SLS @mademoiselle how much it hurts to see WH crying up there. :nervous:

The pain that Kang family has gone through due to one man, along with their subsequent choices and what they have to deal with now, is terribly unfair. That said , I was glad that Kang appa made the decision to turn himself in first even before everything else started to surface. I think Kang appa will likely have some jail time (a short one) since he was a former government servant who made use of the information he had. The brothers will unlikely be punished given that they were children when this happened. 

Even though I may have SLS, it was very sad to see MokHa needing to cut ties with BG for the sake her career. What made it more heartbreaking was that he took it in his stride and still brought her to the place he had prepared. @Tofu I supposed BG barely needed to spend money since he stayed with the family, hence I am assuming would be able to buy a small apartment.  [Anyway, everything is this drama requires great suspension of belief  :laugh:- I mean how does MokHa not even have PTSD given what she had gone through.] Fortunately there was a very positive preview that shows that the leads' romance will take off.

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

On 11/22/2023 at 8:52 PM, mademoiselle said:

Is this kind of round glasses coming back to trend? Coz I like this kind sooo much more than the stupid squarish, cat kind.

Haha… yes, it’s back in trend now. My girl has ‘em. Mine are still the catty tipped kind but aim old, so it’s ok. Hahaha

We’re already at the last episode! I like the storyline, but this isn’t giving me as much of a seat gripper twist-and-turn I’m more used to with this writer. Is she taking it cautiously after Start-up? 😂 

Am still not feeling the romance vibe, but since the kiss scene was obligatory given we’re essentially at the end of the story already, it was well… nicely done. Just  y’know… there wasn’t much of a lead up of any kind of tension to that point. There was more chemistry between their younger selves actors…

I hope Dad doesn’t die, but psychopath dad did cut a major artery… Korean bystanders also so slow to call their emergency number?? 

As for RJ entertainment president - how can you trust such a person?! Wow, theirs is just such a complex and toxic relationship at the core. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3
4 hours ago, gilaswan said:

Haha… yes, it’s back in trend now. My girl has ‘em. Mine are still the catty tipped kind but aim old, so it’s ok. Hahaha

I had a new pair earlier this year. I hope it stayed in trend for a while. I don't mind the rectangular shape, too. Just not the catty, squarish ones anymore. This has been in trend for so long.

I agree the kiss is well done. And true there isnt much romance leading to the kiss, hahaha! But I'm not gonna complain. If I want more romance, I'll just revisit DWY and HL. Haha.

I really like Woo Hak and Mok Ha's friendship. He's so sweet, helping her prepare for the press conference. And how they hid upstairs catching up. Hehehe. This is probably another drama where I want to clone the FL just so both boys get their own version of Mo Hak.

The outcome of the ID theft didn't make sense for me. How can prosecution call it insufficient evidence when they admitted it? They could at least explain it away as due to special circumstances, they were excused, plus they have nothing to do with the death of this family.

I don't think foster daddy will die. It was just for dramatic purposes. But I do think real dad will take his own life. He has so much pride being a police that going to jail does not seem like an option. Let see if I peeked into writer's brain right.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Episode 10

Episode 10 was such a stressful episode- it felt like everythiing was going dowm the drain from Mok Ha and Ran Joo's friendship to Mok Ha and Ki Ho's relationship to the whole family situation with the fake identities. By contract episode 11 was so much better (except the end- I'm fearing for the step dad! Pls save him - he's too good a person to die :cry:

I agree that it's likely he'll survive, but they can use the attack to put real dad behind bars once and for all. It's been awhile since I've seen a parent so evill in a drama  :pandarage2::pandarage2::pandarage2:

Episode 11

I'm so glad the prosecuter was smart and could see that the dad was a narcisist and psychopath and that the step dad was the real parent figure. But the one point I thought was weird - even though they established that the dad might have attempted murder on the insurance friend, they still let him roam around without an arrest?! They'd also mentioned that he'd stalked the family - why was there no restraining order??? :lettalKWA: Then again if anyone has followed the real -life mushroom poisoning case in Melbourne, it took them ages to arrest the mushroom lady, so maybe it's realistic :idk:

The friend reunion was cute - it's funny how Ki Ho's friend married Mok Ha's friend. Guess they were all meant to be :laugh:

But OMG HEY KISSED :wow::wow::wow: Haha it was such a beautiful moment because both of them are so pretty and have such sunshiney smiles, that the fact they had that dreamy sun-glow roof top kiss was :1000: Also it was a pretty cute kiss scene because it was prolonged hahaha. Agreed @gilaswan and @mademoiselle that there wasn't a lot of build up in the romance, and I usually like those high-tension type romances, butttt.... I love these 2 so much and I guess this drama has a lot of events for only 12 episodes, so I'll take what I can get. 

As for Stepdad, I have to say he is such a good person. As much as we love our handsome Oppas, I think it real life, what I would want more than anything, is someone who would love and care for me and the people around me the way the step dad does for the mum. The way he said that he should have run after her sooner :heart:

• Clapping Hands 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Ep.11 should come with a warning to prepare a box of tissues while watching... I lost count how many times I wiped away the tears streaming from my eyes. And at the end of it, when I finally have a reason to smile, they got me crying again at that last minute, though I had already expected what will happen but still, the desperation that Woo Hak was displaying got me tearing again. I didn't see the preview, so I have no idea what happened to their true father in the next episode. I really hope he will be alright, but am not very hopeful tbh... :cry:

This drama has very well written relationships (the ups and downs, the good the bad) and very well presented to the viewers that you cannot not be touched by what the characters are experiencing. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I am done! I thought it was a lovely ending though I had to suspend belief with regards to how they resolved the identity theft issue. It doesn't make sense that they didn't have to be punished for it....but I suppose the prosecutor took into account the circumstances that lead to it plus the fact that they didn't use the fake identities to do anything bad. 

I am so glad Kang appa pulled through though I didn't think that it he would get killed off.  I think a lot of viewers would be upset if he died. One of my favorite things is the Kang or rather the Lee family scenes. Always heartwarming .  My slight regret is that the bio dad killed himself - that was such a convenient way to solve things. I wanted the dad to be punished for all the terrible things he did by suffering in jail or something. 

I think I am fine with the romance even though I love WooHak/ Chae Ho. KiHo - MokHa are meant to be and they have gone through so much and had such an epic backstory. Hard for me to hope otherwise. I did feel a bit bad to see WooHak holding himself back - I know it must be so hard when she wanted him to be her brother and our dear boy politely refused to be "brotherzoned". I was like aigooo - if only she knew how much he likes her. But props to him for being supportive of his brother and MH's love line. 

One final note about President Lee and Ran Joo - theirs had always been a complicated relationship. They started off as agent - artist to partners to lovers. And even though Lee was depicted as the "bad guy" here from time to time, I think you need someone like him to run the business and build it. RanJoo in her anger said that without her , he'd be nothing. Truth is artists like RJ , MoRae and even MokHa are disposable. President Lee would have found success even if it wasn't RanJoo he had started his agency with. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

The biological dad ending his life is nothing but a coward's way out of never taking responsibility for his behavior. I was greatly disappointed that the drama chose this route for him instead of having him face the punishment of his crimes. 

I'm glad Kang Appa survived. I'm watching a Chinese drama right now and cut/stab to the neck means automatic death, so I was bracing myself for the worst. He is the family's protector and everyone would have raged against the drama writer if they made him die. 

I think the drama wrapped up in a very sweet way where every good character got a satisfying ending. 

Their smiles! :love:

img.gif

Credit

They both reached their dreams. :BulbaOWO:

img.gif

Credit

• Heart Eyes 3

@abs-oluteMRe: Identity Theft - That’s dramatic licence which leaves us audience to rationalist it for them so it makes sense to us. Hahaha. Though O do think in Korea, it’s probably a very real way of handling things too. It’s such a homogeneous society with many of their laws today stemming from Joseon interactions and structures, I totally expect that more often than not their logic is likely based on human relationships than actual policy and law despite policies and laws existing. Sometimes I reckon their policies and laws exist to present them as a modern society, but their foundations are still of ancient traditions. I say this from my own experience of Korean students here who broke the law and their parents’ way of restitution seemed very wrong in our society, but very right in their eyes. It was quite a cultural hurdle to navigate. Perhaps to an international audience, it would have made sense to at least let them off with a warning or a fine. 

@mademoiselle was spot on about bio dad’s response. As much as I agree with @Tofu that the man needed to pay for his crimes, it would not have been in keeping with his very bitter and hurtful character. He just wanted to be right up to the end and would never allow himself to be made a criminal. His “final gift” letter was just so full of spite and venom. I just do feel that his suicide did not bring justice to Ki-ho’s friend. But well, does that mean Ki-ho and Chae-ho will be awarded the half a million won in insurance payout?

I also thought that cutting such a major artery would mean mediate death. Perhaps it wasn’t as deep… but yes, glad that they reclaimed their names and dad adopted them. Loved their new names. 

And was it implied at the end that Ki-ho and Mok Ha got married? This writer’s characters always get married. hahaha. And it was nice to see the reporter from Pinocchio and prosecutor from WYWS. I love how she brings her former characters back always. She’s got an entire universe going!

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2