Castaway Diva 무인도의 디바 [2023]

Tofu

So  BG has to be KiHo , no? All roads lead to him somehow. But how to explain WooHak's memories? Unless, Woo Hak is KiHo's brother for real..so he also has the same bad memories of the father. I felt like the writer gave a big reveal but somehow I don't trust anything. :laugh:

The more I see it, the more I am certain WooHak will not be the end game - KiHo or not. BG being especially distant is on purpose since it is the best way he can protect himself, WH and MokHa. Anyway I like that WooHak and MokHa have become friends, and in spite of my SLS, I think that will be as far as their relationship goes. :D

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I think they got the title of this drama all wrong. It should have been called, "Who is Ki Ho?" or something similar to that. I think we will be going in a circle with this Ki Ho bit for a while because of the dad.

I know right....though I really should be talking about a lot more stuff like how bad RJ's agent is and how I hope RJ won't turn on MokHa  :laugh:

• Haha 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I know right....though I really should be talking about a lot more stuff like how bad RJ's agent is and how I hope RJ won't turn on MokHa  

I don't know how to look at this because on one hand, he was nothing but a mere manager before RJ agreed to work with him. On the other hand, RJ was a bit of a diva and he worked hard to cover for her. He probably feels he's entitled to the entire company because of how much work he put into it. I don't like how he's treating her though -- an agreement is an agreement. He should not be blocking her album sales. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu @abs-oluteM So true. All the comments I see in many posts are discussing who is Ki Ho. The mystery of who is who always sparks discussion. It creates hot topic and trending for the show. Though I agree, it would have been nice if viewers can focus more on the storyline than obsessing over who is Ki Ho. But, I am still locking in on Bo Geol. He was quick to react when Woo Hak told him about the flower. Woo Hak didn't tell him the card's content, so how does he know where to find Mok Ha? Unless the show tells us in the next episode that Bo Geol asked Woo Hak.

In episode 1, young Mok Ha and Ki Ho were talking about age on the ship, she mentioned she will be an adult while Ki Ho is underage, which suggested Ki Ho is a year younger than her. Mok Ha is now 31 and Bo Geol is 30.

I don't think Bo Geol has a brother. His father only talks about Ki Ho is one clue. Plus, it is too difficult to go in hiding when you have another person with you. One reason I don't think Woo Hak is Ki Ho is because Ki Ho is a strong-minded, independent boy who has a plan for his future. He isn't the type that would lock his memory away due to the traumatic abuse.

I would very much like to know how the current family of Woo Hak and Bo Geol got together. My guess is the parents are foster parents to both the boys. Also, why is the Mum limping? Is she perhaps also a victim of abuse? Or is she actually Ki Ho's real mum? Could Woo Hak and Bo Geol be half-brothers or step-brothers?

Do you guys think Mok Ha got caught singing for Ran Joo? I knew that guy was sent as a spy. He has video of Mok Ha taking the mic, but he can't debunk Ran Joo yet since he didn't catch them red-handed, but that is already a close call. It seems like Ran Joo and Lee Seo Joon have some backstory to tell.

The editing is a little weird for this episode. What is that scene with the old lady in the wheelchair (= why is Wigen in wheelchair, hahaha!). Is that a future scene of Ran Joo reminiscing her past? It's so out of place.

Lastly, I know the subtitle translated it as "Jung Ki Ho" when Woo Hak had the flashback and fainted. But I thought I heard "Jung Ki-ya", not "Jung Ki Ho". What do you guys hear?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The editing is a little weird for this episode. What is that scene with the old lady in the wheelchair (= why is Wigen in wheelchair, hahaha!). Is that a future scene of Ran Joo reminiscing her past? It's so out of place.

Yes . What the heck was this ? I was confused thinking this must be Uncanny Counter crossover 🤣🤣

I will rewatch the fainting scene again. I was more focused on the subtitles. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Totally out of place,  assumed it was RJ mother?  As RJ mentioned even her mom didn’t know she had vocal nodules.

10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Also, why is the Mum limping? Is she perhaps also a victim of abuse? Or is she actually Ki Ho's real mum? Could Woo Hak and Bo Geol be half-brothers or step-brothers?

Limping? I didn’t catch this.  I‘ve suspected she is KH real mom. Or foster mom.
the flashback of KH dad is probably related to why WH can’t recall his past.  I think the scene is placed on purpose to mislead us though.  WH was possibly assaulted by KH dad by mistaken identity. Something occurred that lead to WH become attached to BG.  

I hope the writer doesn’t burn the audience with KH being dead the entire time. Trying to not overthink and just settle on assuming BG is KH.  Plus BG working in the tv production matches up with his younger days video editing skills 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

On 11/5/2023 at 4:52 PM, mademoiselle said:

I think this drama will have more very nice OST than other dramas.

I am loving all the songs so far. 

On 11/5/2023 at 6:38 AM, mademoiselle said:

Prepare tissues. Episode 3 is a tear-jerker. I probably cried in the beginning, middle and end.

Yeah, I cried too... Park Eun Bin's acting is so good at the part where she cried in frustration at around her 6th year on the island. 

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

What is that scene with the old lady in the wheelchair (= why is Wigen in wheelchair, hahaha!). Is that a future scene of Ran Joo reminiscing her past? It's so out of place.

I also think it's probably her imagining herself when older and being able to talk about this come-back moment to other people. But I checked and Wigen is cast as Ko San Hee. So maybe like what @Mizv had guessed, she is Ran Joo's mother? 

15 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

But I thought I heard "Jung Ki-ya", not "Jung Ki Ho". What do you guys hear?

It could still be Jung Ki Ho. But yeah, sounds a bit like Jung Ki Ha ~ (typical siblings name, one different character). But does Ki Ho have an older brother? One who left first with mom, maybe? If so, the mother had both boys change their names? Anyway, I do wonder whether the abusive father is looking for Ki Ho because he was feeling repentant about the past and wanted to make amends? I mean, it doesn't make sense if he wants to find him and harm him, when he bought life insurance with Ki Ho as the sole benefactor. 

I'm not liking the "guess who Ki Ho is" game. I hope this will not drag out for too long. Besties please come forward and clear the confusion for us viewers. Come to think of it, how come Mok Ha's bestie doesn't come looking for her? Also, how could Mok Ha knows the song "That Night" so well when it was written after her disappearance. 

All these episode titles of something vs. something, are we going to get a "Woo Hak vs. Bo Goel" as the title of some future episode? LOL... 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Hello all! It's meeee. I am watching this series because I lovvvvveeeee Park Eun Bin and Chae Jong Hyeop, so I'm in for this one for sure. So far, I don't know if I love the drama yet...maybe it's this year coz I haven't been obsessively in love with any drama so far. I liked the first episode with the kids and I love the mystery surrounding who is Ki Ho because we all know that dramas with a good mystery hook us in. :heiboi:

But I also think the mystery might also be why I feel a bit weird about this drama in that it's a little hard to tell the character's relationships because they you to be confused. I find the brother's relationship to be so weird. Do they get along? And what's with Woo Hak copying Bo Geol all the time? Haha, that would drive me crazy. Also I feel like Chae Jong Hyeop is not getting enough air time for my liking...I mean, if he turns out not to be Ki Ho then I feel like this is one of those Kdramas where the Second Lead position will have been stronger than the first lead *cough Start Up cough* :psweatduck:

Haha, I think BG is probably Ki Ho, but it's hard to tell at the moment. WH is meant to be the same age, but he doesn't remember the past except he has seen Ki Ho's dad before. BG is meant to be younger and he's very strongly opposed to WH identifying as Ki Ho. It's a 50-50 chance with my theories being the following for each scenario: :idk:

1) BG is Ki Ho changed his look (ie. no glasses) to hide from his dad. WH doesn't remember his parent's adopting BG because he happened during the time of his accident. Accident may have been caused by WH enoucntering BG/ Ki Ho's dad which is why WH remember's Ki Ho's dad in a traumatic way.

2) WH is Ki Ho and was adopted by this family but doesn't remember due to the accident. Ki Ho's dad came to find him one time and endangered WH which is why BG is protective of WH and doesn't want him to find out in case it causes him to suffer.

3) I guess both of them could turn out NOT to be Ki Ho. But then does Bo Geol know the real Ki Ho? 

Anyway, I hope episode is 4 onwards is the start of more screen time for Chae Jong Hyeop :popcorn:

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 10/29/2023 at 4:03 PM, mademoiselle said:

After watching episode 1, I told @Tofu Chae Jong Hyeop had to be Jung Ki Ho even though Chae Jong Hyeop's character has a different name. But then I suddenly remember Start-up and thought to myself, this isn't written by Park Hye Ryun, right? Lo and behold, it is! :lmao2: OK, now I've to reassess the whole situation.

HAHAHA oh noooooooo. When I was watching the first and second episode, I totally thought this reminded me of Start Up because of the whole first episode being related to a tragic back story. And then the whole Chae Jong Hyeop not getting enough air time....Ughhhh...what if Woo Hak IS Ki Ho, but Seo Mok Ha will end up falling for Bo Geol because he protects her and Yoon Ran Joo now in her adult life....ughhhhhh.....but surely, as a writer, she won't want to copy the storyline for Start Up twice will she?! :psweatduck: 

But who knows? Maybe she really loves this sort of torturous storyline :pandaevil::pandarage2:

On 10/29/2023 at 4:03 PM, mademoiselle said:

And from here onwards, we have to throw away our logic for a moment because Mok Ha literally didn't have anything with her when she arrived at the island. 15 years later, she has plastic bottles, plenty of plastic umbrellas, cloth that she could use as blankets, knife, and ropes! Her shoes have holes in them and so was her shirt, but LOL @Tofu, her top is still really intact apart from some tiny holes. Hahaha.

This series involves a full suspension of disbelief :laugh: If you've ever watched the Tom Hank's Castaway movie, maybe she got her supplies when a FedEx plane crashed :pandahehe:

On 10/30/2023 at 6:48 AM, Tofu said:

You know, I've always wanted N to have more screen time and an impactful role, but Chae Jong Hyeop is ❤️❤️❤️. I hope we see more of Bo Geol in the next episodes.

I still feel deprived at episode 4. I hope he's cenntral to next week's episodes now that he's rescued Se Mok Ha :heart:

On 10/30/2023 at 7:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

Woo Hak is too talkative to be Ki Ho. And are we sure he's the older one because he behaves like the younger brother and Bo Geol is the older one. Plus, coincidentally, he suggested to the PD to use Yoon Ran Joo. Hmm...

These are all good points though. I think Bo Geol presents more like Ki Ho in terms of behaviour, while Woo Hak just looks aesthetically more like him. The other thing I think is interesting is that Ki Ho already had video editing skills etc which is on the way to being a producer/ working in TV and music (Bo Geol's job) :thinking:

But there's always a chance this could be one of those dramas where the truth is obivious, but we complicate it because we want things to play out a certain way. Like in Twenty Five Twenty One , I think it was pretty obvious from the start that the main character had moved on. But we all wanted the main characters to be together so we looked for the evidence. In this drama, it'll be hard to accept if Mok Ha falls for Bo Geol, but it turns out Woo Hak is Ki Ho and he's still there. Ouch. It depends on how bittersweet the writer wants to make things :shocked:

On 10/30/2023 at 9:31 PM, abs-oluteM said:

So even if Woo Hak is Ki Ho, it won’t matter. As CJH is the 1st ML, he’ll end up with her . 

All guessing aside , I do have a soft spot for N & I think he’s got good push pull chemie with Park Eun Bin. But I won’t be fooled twice by this writer 🤣🤣. So in spite of a potential SLS on my part , I will keep an open mind. There’s  not enough scenes between her & CJH for me to see their chemistry yet - let’s see how the future episodes go. Hehe 😜 

This is the truth. I mean if CJH is first lead, then he gets the girl as the law of being first lead dictates :laugh:

On 10/31/2023 at 4:37 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, I really like that last part. I appreciate that Yoon Ran Joo since long time ago is a decent person (no high-and-mighty diva personality) although she seemed misunderstood by other people....? 

I really feel sorry for Yoon Ran Joo. She seems like a person who's been tricked and gaslit about her talents. Her agent pretty much stole everything from her and continues to treat her like she's the crazy one :pandarage2:

On 11/3/2023 at 2:13 AM, abs-oluteM said:

You know what will be a complete troll from the writer? Both aren't KiHo ! :laugh:

Hahaha This is also a valid posibility. Then the writer is probably laughing at every fan theory she comes across :JuiceGhost:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 11/6/2023 at 11:54 AM, mademoiselle said:

On 11/6/2023 at 5:36 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Yes . What the heck was this ? I was confused thinking this must be Uncanny Counter crossover 🤣🤣

On 11/6/2023 at 11:00 PM, Mizv said:

Totally out of place,  assumed it was RJ mother?  As RJ mentioned even her mom didn’t know she had vocal nodules.

On 11/7/2023 at 3:47 AM, ktcjdrama said:

I also think it's probably her imagining herself when older and being able to talk about this come-back moment to other people. But I checked and Wigen is cast as Ko San Hee. So maybe like what @Mizv had guessed, she is Ran Joo's mother? 

I love how that actress ill forever be known to everyone as 'Wigen' from Uncanny Counter  :laugh:

I was also really confused and thought it was RJ reflecting on the past (really confusing to have a flash forward scene). But I guess if she has a character name then she must be a new storyline that's not yet unfolded. I just wish that they would have edited her itroduction into the drama in a less confusng way :idk:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

@JenL :pandatakeit: Money on Bo Geol as Ki Ho. Park Hye Ryun doesn't always troll us. Start-Up was the only one that was the odd one out. All the child grew up to be the main lead of the story, i.e., all of Lee Jong Suk's dramas, and he gets all his girls. But honestly, even with Start-Up, she didn't troll us with their identities. We always knew the kid was Han Ji Pyeong. The issue was why wasn't Han Ji Pyeong the endgame :laugh:.

Eh, by right, you and @Tofu should be developing SLS for Woo Hak. :laugh:

I think we can do a poll for this thread ~ WHO IS JUNG KI HO? Fun!

• Insightful 1
  • Haha 5
7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL :pandatakeit: Money on Bo Geol as Ki Ho. Park Hye Ryun doesn't always troll us. Start-Up was the only one that was the odd one out. All the child grew up to be the main lead of the story, i.e., all of Lee Jong Suk's dramas, and he gets all his girls. But honestly, even with Start-Up, she didn't troll us with their identities. We always knew the kid was Han Ji Pyeong. The issue was why wasn't Han Ji Pyeong the endgame :laugh:.

Hahaha I actually didn't feel trolled by Start Up because I knew Nam Joo Hyuk was lead and I didn't find Nam Do San to be unbelivable as a love interest since Han Ji Pyeong never openly outed himself to female lead till it was far too late :idk:

I agree the stronger bet is on Bo Geol as Ki Ho - I do think it's more logical. I feel like one explaination of the last episode could be Woo Hak's memory of Ki Ho's dad is because he was attacked seeing as the dad thought he was Ki Ho which resulted in the accident making Woo Hak forget his memories. Because of that, Bo Geol is hesitant to ever reveal his identity in case in would put someone else, namely Mok Ha, in danger.

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle No time for SLS when Chae Jong Hyeop is the ML. :laugh:

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Eh, by right, you and @Tofu should be developing SLS for Woo Hak. :laugh:

Hahaha how could you accuse us of entertaining SLS @mademoiselle when you know how much both @Tofu and I love Chae Jong Hyeop :laugh::laugh::laugh:

But also, I think this year I've become a changed woman. Haven't had SLS in soooo long :idk: I loved the ML in every show I've watched, old and new dramas: Heartbeat , Bloodhounds, Destined with You, Taxi Driver s2, My Mister, Where Stars Land, Strong Woman Nam Soon 

(I guess I'm kind of cheating because I already love Lee Je Hoon who is in 2 of those dramas and a few of the other dramas have bad guys for second leads...but still! I think I've been very good this year :pandahehe:)

Edited by JenL
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

12 hours ago, JenL said:

Hahaha how could you accuse us of entertaining SLS @mademoiselle when you know how much both @Tofu and I love Chae Jong Hyeop

Hahahaha. Because you both were the ones who kept feeding me reasons for your habit of having SLS! So how can I trust that you guys will remain loyal to Chae Jong Hyeop (or any other Oppa) now that they become male leads? :GrowDerp:

12 hours ago, JenL said:

But also, I think this year I've become a changed woman. Haven't had SLS in soooo long :idk: I loved the ML in every show I've watched, old and new dramas: Heartbeat , Bloodhounds, Destined with You, Taxi Driver s2, My Mister, Where Stars Land, Strong Woman Nam Soon 

Bloodhounds - there are no second male leads. This is a duo male-lead drama and no love line.

Destined With You - Oh c'mon, him over Shin Yu? Tsk tsk. *Disapproval for anyone with SLS for this drama* 😆

Taxi Driver 2 - no romance here. I thought SLS only applies to triangle love.

My Mister - Jang Ki Young was too abusive to ship with IU. 

Where Stars Land - Eun Seob (my poor Rowoon) has been friend-zoned from the beginning. Even I don't have SLS no matter how pretty he was back then. I was dead set on LJH and CSB pairing. 

Strong Girl, Nam Soon - I didn't watch this, but I created the thread for PHS/PBY and Byeon Woo Seok 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
On 11/9/2023 at 10:22 PM, JenL said:

But also, I think this year I've become a changed woman. Haven't had SLS in soooo long :idk: I loved the ML in every show I've watched, old and new dramas:

Bahahahaha are you sure ? I concur with @mademoiselle that your track record from the past may haunt you :laugh:

But hang on , did you and @Tofu have SLS in Love All Play? He was already ML then isn't it?

Funnily I do have SLS here but I have reigned it in. BG has Kiho written all over him. That tsundere-ness is the biggest giveaway. I wish my noisy WooHak will not fall in love with her but I think he already has. 

There was this very nice pre-release of BG and MH that they didn't post anywhere but in SK. I think you gals will love it . Click on this X link

https://x.com/CJnDrama/status/1722029128432648230?s=20

And they had a very sweet pre-release. If anything WooHak and his family are MH's family now. 

This has subs

https://x.com/yeondongha/status/1723128226300735560?s=20

How WH saved his and his parents emergency contacts for MH :laugh:

1. Drone 2. Drone's Dad 3. Drone's Mom

Spoiler

F-nIZZ3bUAAwjuZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

@gilaswan @Lynne Are you planning to watch this? Or is writer-nim in your banned list? :PsyWhat:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Have you all seen this that @mademoiselle posted above? CJH is definitely the quiet & chilled one. N, EunBin and Kim Ju Hun are the competitive ones with lots of energy. Kim Hyo Jin is like the blurr aunty :laugh:

Spoiler

Ahhh more of "who is KiHo" stills...:laugh:

BF.35041967.1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The old lady appeared again… so it’s seems she is RJ.  A lonely old lady… not a good peek at the future.  

Kiho is definitely one of the two brothers. hmm. I guess WK is KiHo even though I wish it was BG.  It all makes sense now.  BG is very protective of hiding their identity.  But the memories WK has make sense.   I finally noticed the limp from the Mom.   I bet Kiho dad physically assaulted her.   On top of that he obviously hurt the insurance guy.   Scarey dude.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But hang on , did you and @Tofu have SLS in Love All Play? He was already ML then isn't it?

I can't remember if LAP had a 2ML. If it did, I probably ignored them because I only remember CJH. :laugh:

@abs-oluteM You were right about them being brothers. The parents probably split up the boys when they separated. Although, why is the dad only obsess with Ki Ho? 

12 minutes ago, Mizv said:

I guess WK is KiHo even though I wish it was BG.

I don't think it's been determined who Ki Ho is. We've seen the family photo, but they didn't point out who they were in the photos. Woo Hak just said that he's in the photo along with Bo Geol and their mom. We know at this point that the brothers are related and possibly have the same father. 

I still think that Bo Geol has the mannerism of Ki Ho and I hope he's Ki Ho, but at this point, I have moved on from this. I just want Ran Joo to show that CEO Lee up. :GengarPout:

I liked the backstory with President Hwang and Ran Joo. I don't know any teachers who would quiet their job because of the potential they see in a student. I was glad they were able to stand on stage together. I'm also glad that President Hwang saw through CEO Lee. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2