Castaway Diva 무인도의 디바 [2023]

Tofu

7 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM You were right about them being brothers. The parents probably split up the boys when they separated. Although, why is the dad only obsess with Ki Ho?

Yeah, that's why I didn't think Ki Ho has a brother. But the family photo proves otherwise. Netizens said it's because Ki Ho was the one exposed and reported him. Does it make sense having one of his sons standing right in front of him (when delivering the bouquet) and he couldn't recognise him? I doubt they had plastic surgery.

Agreed, it is still not yet clear which of the boys in the photo Woo Hak thinks he is.

I liked the revelation of President Hwang and Ran Joo too. They have an irreplaceable history. I liked that he apologises to Ran Joo about taking out on her all those years. It made Ran Joo realised she was doing the same to Mo Hak. That said, both these men need to acknowledge without Ran Joo, they wouldn't have been in their current position they are now.

No wonder Mo Hak knew Ran Joo was from the same island she was. I wonder if there were more stories to it.

So OK, the appearance of Wigen isn't an editing error, but it is still as random as hell. I find it sad/odd that she's all alone in the nursing home, if that's Ran Joo in the future.

Regardless of who Ki Ho is, will a love line develop between Mo Hak and Bo Geol? There are only 12 episodes, no time to play-play. I don't mind not having romance, because visually I find Park Eun Bin looks too much older than Chae Jong Hyeop and Cha Hak Yeon in the drama. These two are too boyish and don't look their age, that's why. However, if we are going to have one then the Show needs to quicken up the process because right now, Bo Geol and Mo Hak have very little interactions!

• Like 4
36 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Regardless of who Ki Ho is, will a love line develop between Mo Hak and Bo Geol?

Maybe there isn't. Chae Jong Hyeop said in his interviews that he hopes for a loveline but it's up to the scriptwriter. At the time, the drama was still filming so they might have added in, but it's possible that the boys will continue to have a platonic relationship with her. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
16 hours ago, Mizv said:

The old lady appeared again… so it’s seems she is RJ.  A lonely old lady… not a good peek at the future.  

Is she ? I couldn’t really tell while watching . But if she is , it’s not a good sign because she seems full of regret & that would mean she wronged Mok Ha on some level ? 

15 hours ago, Tofu said:

@abs-oluteM You were right about them being brothers. The parents probably split up the boys when they separated. Although, why is the dad only obsess with Ki Ho?

Is it because he thought Woo Hak is dead ( WH must have been severely injured to have been hospitalised). So hence he’s only after Ki Ho (BG) 

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

visually I find Park Eun Bin looks too much older than Chae Jong Hyeop and Cha Hak Yeon i

I was so surprised when I found out that CHY is the oldest of the lot 🤣🤣

But Woo Hak feeling so sad thinking he’s KiHo that got her in danger made me wish even harder that they don’t push this KiHo thing  any longer . He was so eager to solve this entire Ki Ho mystery not knowing the danger. 🥹.And him possibly having a unreciprocated love will just crush me 😵

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

30 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I was so surprised when I found out that CHY is the oldest of the lot 🤣🤣

But Woo Hak feeling so sad thinking he’s KiHo that got her in danger made me wish even harder that they don’t push this KiHo thing  any longer . He was so eager to solve this entire Ki Ho mystery not knowing the danger. 🥹.And him possibly having a unreciprocated love will just crush me 😵

IKR! I was like, "What?! He's 33!"

Wait, why are you the one having SLS instead?!!

• Haha 4
31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Wait, why are you the one having SLS instead?!!

Ehhh I thought I mentioned earlier that I have a soft spot for CHY. He doesn't have the classical good looks but there's something about him that I am drawn to. As you know my taste in oppas are not the pretty ones. :laugh:  Plus his character here is so funny and adorable 

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

23 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

@mademoiselle I want to watch but haven’t got around to it. Am traveling where the wifi is unstable. Why should the writer be on the banned list? Who wrote this drama? 😂

Coz this writer wrote Start-up, but no, she doesn't need to be banned. Hahaha, I'm OK with her. Still one of the trustworthy scriptwriters out there.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5

I am sure no one is shocked at who KiHo really is...hahahaha. I do like that BG/ KH is gonna help MH to debut. Given that this series is short, I think our MokHa needs to quickly realise her diva dreams! What I feel is really impressive is PEB's vocals. I believe she can easily be a singer too. Now that we know who Kiho is, it's only MokHa that has to find out that BG is the Kiho that she is looking for. 

What I am curious is about how they managed to stay hidden? Seems like in the preview there were these dead bodies that was found in the lake...so could the brothers and parents have assumed those identities? I know that at this point , they plan to keep things a secret for everyone's safety. We can see given WH's reporter instincts, he will continue to dig for the truth. And I think in the long run, you can't go on living under a false identity forever. 

I know WH's always painted as a lil carefree and immature, I think that's only cause he's been fed with memories / perception of a "perfect" life. Seeing how he hid his brother & shielded him without hesitation, he was very much the big "hyung" there. While BG's arc would revolve around MH (debut & romance), WH's would be to take the father down. 

• Like 5

Yay! I knew Bo Geol would figure out that was Mok Ha's voice when he was editing the wedding duet! And he's creating an opportunity to let Mok Ha debut next week. Kyaaaaa~ I hope it is successful, though.

As for the mystery behind this family, I wonder what that is. Did they take someone else's identity? How did they meet this current “father”? I hope this does not mean he or the mother will end up in jail. I honestly don't want to see this family ruin too.

I worry the next victim will be Mok Ha's bestie from high school, since the Father heard their conversation about Ki Ho and Mok Ha from the dash cam.

@Tofu CJH is so shy. Sometimes I wonder how such shy people can become an actor. It's so hard to act in front of so many people and camera or even mirror.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Decided to watch because I heard about the infamous "finding Kiho" activity from this drama 😂

At the moment liking WH more because :

• He's the original drone pilot and she hugged him for that. 

• His fashion style and his glasses won it over BG for me. 

• There's a lot of sweet moments between them, like the way he just rest his head on her shoulder or when she save up persimmon just for him. 

• He got quite worked up trying to protect her. 

• Pretty sure from the way he looked at her, he's so into her. 

With BG, I think the most impressive he did is to call all their lies about their live singing, it's quite impressive as he won't tolerate all their bullshit anymore. And it's kinda make up all his lack of screen airtime and finally give some impactful scene. Since he's the PD I guess this will be the setting for them to interact more after she go into ent. industry. Still not so convinced with their romance, but if it ever happened, it's explainable since I felt MH give more reaction to everything BG did, like her anger is even more explosive compare than when WH annoyed her. 

With love triangle I tend to always choose the wrong team ( I think it's impressive in a way how often I never get things right 😅 , in a way it can be called a skill too 😂

Song wise I also think the one she sang on ep 2 is the most powerful one so far. I had a struggle finishing ep 1 with their background story and luckily that ending of ep 2 managed to seal the deal for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea I don't think there's a wrong side. CJH has mentioned it a few times that there's no romance. On Amazing Saturday, the host asked if there's a little bit of romance and he said no. He hesitated a bit and answered with little confidence, so there's still a chance they added romance. However, seeing how many times it's been mentioned, I don't have high hopes that we'll get romance between MH and one of the brothers. I think it'll continue to stay focus on helping MH reach her dreams and the family regaining their identities. 

@abs-oluteM Out of everyone, I also think it's going to be WH who can put the dad where he belongs...in prison. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
On 11/13/2023 at 5:48 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

At the moment liking WH more because :

• He's the original drone pilot and she hugged him for that. 

• His fashion style and his glasses won it over BG for me. 

• There's a lot of sweet moments between them, like the way he just rest his head on her shoulder or when she save up persimmon just for him. 

• He got quite worked up trying to protect her. 

• Pretty sure from the way he looked at her, he's so into her. 

This!! 

But what Ki Ho did for Mok Ha when they were younger was so impressive... so I am still torn... yeah, maybe better no romance then.

Could old lady be Ran Joo's mother?? 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Could old lady be Ran Joo's mother?? 

Could be . Someone showed me a character chart of the old lady , and it seems she’s an added character. 
https://twitter.com/kdragontwt/status/1723631561344688424?s=46

The character name is listed as “Go San Hee “ on Wiki 

But it feels so random at the moment to put in her scenes with no context . 

• Like 4

Pre-released

BG: Are you going up the stage with that face?

MH: What's wrong with my face?

BG: You look like you have a lot of thoughts and worries.

@Tofu I tried to change from X.com to twitter.com but it ain't working :idk:

• Like 2