Amidst a Snowstorm of Love 在暴雪时分 [2024]

NiteWalker

Waaaa, episode 23 is crazy cringy. That public confession is soooo embarassing AND ridiculous. That's major invasion of a person's privacy on National TV. Does not make sense. So gossipy that it's not normal. LOL.

@Mizv I'm with you here. :lmao2:

In the novel, they supposedly did it in the Titanic style :lmao2:

• Haha 4

I am assuming in eps 22 they seal the deal @Mizv @mademoiselle 

Spoiler

GGYFfI1bsAA72JG?format=jpg&name=medium

But I felt like I was being trolled about that whole Titanic thing. Yin Guo must have watched a very different version of the show :PsyWhat:

On 2/14/2024 at 11:06 AM, NiteWalker said:

to be honest....too much cuddly too much hugging too much kisses i start skipping some of those scenes too....:cool:

too much...honestly they need to tone it down and they are going to do 36 episodes of it??? hahahahha.....

Bahhaahha...I think I can tolerate the skinship ...partly because I like this pairing.  I wasn't so into his pairing in that tennis show too @Mizv. I am not a fan of noona romance especially if the romance plays off the age difference. 

Spoiler

Reflection of You with Jae Young gave me goosebumps , and not in a good way. I can't even understand how anyone could root for that relationship between him and Go Hyung Jung's character. 

I think what makes me cringe more here is all the cheesy lines that everyone says to each other. :laugh:

And plot wise , this is such a low conflict show that it can easily bore the audience. If a drama wants 30 episodes, it needs more peaks and valleys in its story telling to sustain interest. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

aaaa, episode 23 is crazy cringy. That public confession is soooo embarassing AND ridiculous. That's major invasion of a person's privacy on National TV. Does not make sense. So gossipy that it's not normal. LOL.

I am dying here. Who shows this sort of personal videos in an international tournament? Even if this is a drama :poliWeird:.  My cringe level can no longer be measured now. 

ok confirmed seal the deal then in ep 22 😄. This was in eps 26 . I’m sure Yin Guo knows making out can’t get you preggers . So funny , a lot of comments was like when did they do it ? 🤣🤣. Apparently in the book they were active like rabbits . 

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But I felt like I was being trolled about that whole Titanic thing. Yin Guo must have watched a very different version of the show

She probably watched a censored version. I watched it in the cinema, back in home country, (due to strict religion) they censored all the juicy parts. My friend overseas told me there were boobs scene, I was like, "Huh? Where?" :laugh:

Yeah, if they didn't Titanic styled in the car in earlier episodes, then I agree they rock the ship in episode 22 — with clothes on — ahem.

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

apparently in the book they were active like rabbits. 

4 hours ago, Mizv said:

Would love to read this part

LOL, except the writer writes these scenes like writing codes that nobody is sure they did it or not. I saw the passage for the Titanic scene, it was super vagueeee.

7 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I am dying here. Who shows this sort of personal videos in an international tournament? Even if this is a drama :poliWeird:.  My cringe level can no longer be measured now. 

IKR! IKR! Who does that? It's so inappropriate. The hosts were literally portrayed to PUSH Lin Yi Yang on this. It's just wrong in every aspects. LOL. Did anyone criticise about this on X? I haven't had time to surf/check.

• Haha 2
On 2/13/2024 at 6:29 PM, mademoiselle said:

BTW @Chocolate, when you rewatch LLTG, what episodes do you watch from? And if not, what scenes do you rewatch? I find myself not so interested with the bit that she is with Lou Yao, although some scenes of her in there with LBY were nice too, because LBY is holding off his feelings there.

I watch from ep8 onwards, when she said LBY admires her but she is not interested to all the bitchy ladies, and then just let it run while I work. The parts that I will stop and pay attention are:

Spoiler

- when she went to the Wan family and met LBY there

- ep12 of course!

- where LY announces they are engaged to LBY and YSJ and the dinner with YSJ's master - I love that discussion on how he failed the aunt

- where she has to break off the engagement to LY - love YSJ's explanation to NN why LY is He Zhaojun's last resort and then she asked YS to marry HZJ instead lol, and also when LBY says 我来了 at the execution then tries to protect NN when HZJ was scolding her

- when LBY saves her at the Pagoda, emperor first meets her in the tent, and her visit to his house with her father

- ep24 where LBY saved her from the fall and proposed!

- when they attended LY and HZJ's wedding - I like that she defended him when HZJ said he has 杀气

- when they reconcile and meet with the emperor and queen (I skip the exercise parts and when he tries to make her family laugh - somehow I don't enjoy those)

- ep 38/40 with Consort Yue!

- their betrothal scene when the 2 woman were banished!

- empress's birthday bash until the fall of the 5th princess

- when they go investigate the Liang family

- also love the part when NN sends soup to LBY after court and the minister says he is so lucky

Then I usually stop after LY's older brother's death.

What are your favourite scenes?

On 2/13/2024 at 6:29 PM, mademoiselle said:

Absolutely nothing. His kiss scenes are meh. Often I've an internal OS of, "Open your mouths, you both!"

I'm sorry. What very hot/sexy/many homeruns? I see nada for the last 20 episodes.

I happened to chance upon a post that shared a few pages of Yi Yang and Yin Guo's love scenes. I don't know how those who does translation "translate" one of the pages because when I read it, I was super confused of what I was reading. It makes you wonder if you're being dirty minded. I considered this a bad writing. If a writer is good with words, there are many ways to convey what happened indirectly—using metaphor or hints. I've read many romance novels before, some can be very outright descriptive, some isn't, but I've never seen one like this where I question myself. LOL.

Hahaha. Was that the original chinese version?

9 hours ago, Mizv said:

Would love to read this part

I have some links here but not the titanic part:

https://janghaven.com/topic/1138-amidst-a-snowstorm-of-love-在暴雪时分-premieres-feb-2nd/?do=findComment&comment=104087

https://janghaven.com/topic/1138-amidst-a-snowstorm-of-love-在暴雪时分-premieres-feb-2nd/?do=findComment&comment=104152

Although I am not quite sure what is a titanic scene. I only remember them in that famous scene doing that Christ the Redeemer pose, and on a sofa 🤣

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 3
17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Waaaa, episode 23 is crazy cringy. That public confession is soooo embarassing AND ridiculous. That's major invasion of a person's privacy on National TV. Does not make sense. So gossipy that it's not normal. LOL.

@Mizv I'm with you here. :lmao2:

In the novel, they supposedly did it in the Titanic style :lmao2:

thats abit over i think, in any professional sport i dont think the commentor will do it such openly ....the only i saw was 'Falling into Your Smiles' however they only mention a bit i didnt force a confession....this one force a confession out of Yin!!!

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

ok confirmed seal the deal then in ep 22 😄. This was in eps 26 . I’m sure Yin Guo knows making out can’t get you preggers . So funny , a lot of comments was like when did they do it ? 🤣🤣. Apparently in the book they were active like rabbits . 

i had a feeling it was the times when they return to Poland for YinGuo tournament right?

• Haha 4
On 2/16/2024 at 1:33 PM, Chocolate said:

Although I am not quite sure what is a titanic scene. I only remember them in that famous scene doing that Christ the Redeemer pose, and on a sofa 🤣

Did you watch a censored version too? :lmao2:

https://youtu.be/gdrxdf3CI64 (there's more, of course, but YT won't allow the rest...)

On 2/16/2024 at 1:33 PM, Chocolate said:

Hahaha. Was that the original chinese version?

Yeah. The poster (randomly found on weibo's suggestion) screenshot them. It... really don't wanna write it here, but everyone was confused... 

Spoiler

Think one of them was *removed*

But it's soooooo vague that you just aren't sure what you're reading. I don't have the post anymore because I didn't follow that account. It was just by algorithm it appeared since I've been looking at the drama's stuff recently.

Will reply later on LLTG (more interesting topic) hahaha

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3

Found some chinese version

This is the scene where LYY was topless on the sofa - this one in novel, Yin Guo was seriously teasing his patience. She wants to see him nekkid, but don't want to do it coz she's not ready. :laugh:He wants to see her nekkid as well, but promised he won't do anything. AND, WHO BLOODY KISS FOR 3 HOURS? The lips would have become sausages. I need to verify again it I misread this.

https://weibo.com/7296260360/NFudYsarS

This one is a combo of different chapters of their skinship.

https://weibo.com/2839442860/NFA4BfEE3

Screenshot 7 needs @NiteWalker's help. 8-10 is the Titanic - very vague.

Spoiler

I have no idea what that was all about. Boobs too big he can't hold it?

This one also Titanic

https://weibo.com/6395760665/O0Gn6zap2

This one is the bit about YG thinking she's pregnant

https://weibo.com/6301725233/O0yhUx1j5

Unfortunately, cannot find the one I said I didn't understand...

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

No no. Just verify if my interpretation is align with yours. I feel like my C is terrible when I find myself don't understand this.

you're saying this verse right if i read you correctly

"试图握住, 捏下去都是软的, 握不住"

from all those screenshot i guess i should say the production did turn them down further....if not it would had been worst  :cool:

• Haha 4

Finished series.  The setting of the “love” and fireworks sprinklers  by others watching was silly.  That was too much.  yin playing the guitar at end did remind me for an moment previous movie Upcoming Summer.   That dude Meng is handsome.  Definitely felt like seeing Eye Candy hanging by a thread at the end.

A tame series ending. Left me curious what was cut.  I fast forwarded most the pool table games.  
I wonder what Lei Lei next work will be.   
I think he suits the action genre better.  This drama was okay.  Lots of kissing and cuddling but I’m not left with the desire to go back and review any  scenes.   It’s not leaving a mouth watering urge. 

one thing I’ve learned…. Finland is cold!🥶 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker Yeah, in combination of him saying "why so big?" and what he saw at the skating rind and pool room.

They tune it down to non-existence....

*ahem**

well your understanding is pretty on the grid hahahaha, wasnt more like holding it....its was more like

Spoiler

when he squeeze he couldnt contain it all **ahem**

where its come with the question he gave YinGuo "So big/ that's big?"

while for the skating ring/ pool room one its more like youthful times where he saw those males love to tuck their hands into the girls shirt or something......and was wondering why they can contain it....something along that lines :cool:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I finished too.

Not a show that makes me want to read the book. Haha. There are some romance novels I used to randomly buy & read without doing much research (internet wasn't so easily accessible then), I'd come across some really mediocre ones, and this "story" felt like one of those. Like @abs-oluteM said, it lacks the peaks and valleys in story-telling.

It's too cringey for the love scenes and dialogues. I also cower internally in fear when her parents both tell LYY to come by their house often. I've doubt when people say things like that because it might just be a polite thing to say but necessary meant it.

I miss Lei's outstanding performance in LLTG. Both Nothing But You and Snowstorms are a disappointment. So, what is he filming now/next?

Edit: Is this confirmed?

https://mydramalist.com/710277-oceans-time

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle @NiteWalker @Chocolate I am done. Thank god for 1.5 speed :laugh:.

I think the pairing is visually pleasing and had sweet chemistry. Those who like this show liked it because it was a low conflict / fluffy drama. (But that made it a bit too bland for me. )  Some comments I read said this is a sanitary version of the show. Hahahah. I know that push pull was supposed to tease of sexual tension, but that didn't translate well. It often came across as if she was fending off his advances. But I just attribute it to her being shy and him being a hot blooded young man. I didn't mind the PDA but throughout 30 episodes if felt like they never left the honeymoon period because they are constantly looking at each other with googly eyes. :PsyWhat:....so much so I felt like the third wheel watching this show. And man, with so much skin ship, how come their kisses never improve? LOL

Some arcs they could have developed further to create more tension and excitement included the bromance between these 3 ( definitely nice looking trio ) , the side romance between Meng Xiao Dong and Lin Lin, a bit more resistance from her mother, and a more difficult journey returning to being pro. 

Spoiler

GGiTuq0aoAAp3nw?format=jpg&name=large

Anyway, I think this was an ok watch but not one that I would go and rewatch. I do agree that LeiLei's talent is so completely underutilized here. In that new drama you posted @mademoiselle, he plays a moody guy again. Don't know if it's confirmed but I thought he was supposed to do Nirvana on Fire S3?

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

My mum actually finished this show on NF. She did say it was kind of slow. 

But seems like local viewers find this inspirational. hahahahah inspired to do what I wonder? :laugh:

They won something for being handsome ahahahah

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party. I stumbled upon this while browsing Netflix, and kinda enjoy it. At ep.6 now. It's quite slow though and so often I am frustrated with how quiet/passive YiYang is. But he is making moves steadily.

Not sure if I will be able to finish this though... Is it good all the way? I peeked at each episode synopsis and we will have LDR as expected. Will I become more frustrated at how slow their relationship is progressing? Any makjang elements? 

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama it is not very makjang ...in fact I wish there was more conflict . My makjang heart can take it for sure . :laugh: In fact the leads are so sweet all the way that at times I thought I might become diabetic. Watch at 1.5 speed when needed.  Look out for her cousin brother Meng Xiao Dong . I had this massive crush on him and was more interested in his love line. Guess his age ? hahahaah

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

In fact the leads are so sweet all the way that at times I thought I might become diabetic. Watch at 1.5 speed when needed.

Am watching at 1.5 speed already. Yes, I agree about the sweetness that I found myself grinning most of the times seeing them. Kinda remind me of You Are My Glory :smile:

Look out for her cousin brother Meng Xiao Dong . I had this massive crush on him and was more interested in his love line.

He only appeared very little for now. Very strict person. Not a good first-impression, but he so handsome I looked up the actor's name, haha... I'm so glad he turned out to be supporting the relationship though. I was so worried we're going to have a nasty brother opposing them. Hearing him told her that he will help if her parents don't give approval, my impression of him changed immediately. And then the scene of the OTP after that is so sweet... Wu Lei standing at the door flipping the lighter :wow: 

Guess his age ?

Why, why?... I didn't think about looking up his age. Still very young? Let me have more scenes of him and I'll try to guess.

• Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

12 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Will I become more frustrated at how slow their relationship is progressing?

Let me take this back... They sure are progressing verrrrry fast after being together :smug:

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif