Amidst a Snowstorm of Love 在暴雪时分 [2024]

NiteWalker

2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@NiteWalker The staring is alright. There are a lot and can be reduced by that didn't give me goosebumps. It's the line that was said. So yeah, I do wonder if it's because I could understand the language better, which is also why I'm asking you. 

i think we can deduce it to the fact that you understand it better so when things get too much you kinda jump up...

now that you said it...it doesnt happen that much with Jdrama or Kdrama for me....however i do get goosebumps from Cdrama cringey lines....just like you...

sometimes i totally skip those lines hahaha

• Haha 3

Yes....these cdramas have such cheesy lines that I feel somewhat embarrassed to be hearing them  :laugh:.

Anyway, the show is still at snail pace. It's like they really want to give a minute by minute account of the leads newly minted relationship. Fair enough that this is the honeymoon period so both are completely enamored and would do anything for the other. But I need the main conflict of the show to present itself soon or the ending is gonna be a rushed unsatisfying one. Main conflict being him overcoming his past & returning to play professionally , and the other being how her parents would feel about him. 

There is plenty of skinship and our boy here is all ready for them to take things to the next level. But she dodges each time and he senses it. So he pulls back. . Don't get me wrong - I think it's okay that she isn't ready for further physical intimacy but she likes to be hugged and cuddled, and keeps sending these looks of great admiration & affection. Men are wired differently. Let's just say that poor fella needs to have plenty of self control , lol!  Plus, he's not the sort who says alot  - tends to keep things inside him. I think she is sensing a wee bit of challenge getting this conversational killer to say more.  His love language I feel, is touch and acts of service.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I'll try again (episode 9) tonight 😅 but I often watch from afar that's why no FF or 1.5 speed. Did they eventually seal the deal? I have seen on my TL that she's been very shy, but likes cuddling etc., and he was being considerate even when he desperately wants to 'eat her', ahem. LOL

yes they seal the deal quite fast....many episodes of skinship...so much so I'm dying :laugh:...but the real story / conflict starts once they separate. The first half is just to lull you into thinking it's all nice & rosie. 

Yes she's very shy ahahahaah. He's got to reign his hormones in :PsyWhat:

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

yes they seal the deal quite fast....many episodes of skinship...so much so I'm dying :laugh:...but the real story / conflict starts once they separate. The first half is just to lull you into thinking it's all nice & rosie. 

Yes she's very shy ahahahaah. He's got to reign his hormones in :PsyWhat:

I think Lei Lei must have read all our complaints about his kiss scenes, so with this one, he is like: "Here, is it enough?" - I give you overdose...! 🤣

• Haha 2

Lei Lei , for you , I  will persevere through all the cringy lines & snail pace 🤣🤣

@mademoiselle sorry I just realised now what you mean by seal the deal. I thought you meant if they had become a couple. 🤣🤣. I don’t think our boy here has been able to hit the home run despite her Titanic suggestions . I’m crying 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle sorry I just realised now what you mean by seal the deal. I thought you meant if they had become a couple. 🤣🤣. I don’t think our boy here has been able to hit the home run despite her Titanic suggestions . I’m crying

:laugh: Oh boy, I was waiting the whole time!!! I did let the drama run while playing games, so I was questioning myself thinking when, where, howwww?

• Haha 2

We have reached the episode where Yi Yang is back in China. The story-telling is still very mundane, though.

This romance takes too much effort and money. Whenever I see Yi Yang travelled back & forth in Finland by train, just to spend time with Yin Guo, I felt tired for him. Now I see him fly from whichever country he was competing, then back to Finland, and then fly to China just to see her for a few hours, and then fly back to Finland again, all I could think of isn't "Awww this is so romantic" but "Jesus, you sure have a lot of money to burn!" Granted, he has won a lot of competition money by then.

Also, luckily Yi Yang isn't Park Min Hwan (Marry My Husband). I was sweating for Yin Guo when she showed him her bank account and investment funds! :PsyWhat: And where can I sign up to get a shuai Gege that will gift me a VISA card for my birthday?

And to be honest, after watching the whole 17 episodes, I find myself wondering why or how did Yin Guo fall for Yi Yang (other than his good looks) because boy, this guy doesn't say anything interesting!

@Tofu @abs-oluteM Who is this cousin GeGe of Yin Guo? He's handsome. I just cannot tell if he's good in acting, because he hasn't really done much in here.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

Episode 20 is so much more interesting. Yi Yang's first comeback to Snooker China's competition. His Master went to watch him. The scene where he gave Master a 90° bow was very touching. I must say I don't understand the rules of snooker at all. And since Yi Yang scored maximum break 147 points, which straight away a win against Meng Xiao Dong. It's probably not easy to win full points, but heck, it's no fun for the opponent when this happens because they don't get to play at all...?

While he's competing, Yin Guo gave a male billard player a taste of losing at the training centre for being arrogant and prejudice against Yi Yang. You go, girl! This guy might not appear again in another scene (not that I'll remember), but just he waits meeting Yi Yang in a competition himself.

P.S. I really dislike Yin Guo's older sister. Not sure if she's a cousin or really her sister. I find her rude when she tells off Yin Guo. Although, if they are real sisters, it's possible to "behave" that way between siblings.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 2

@mademoiselle I just finished episode 18. The central conflict of the show is finally here ! Yay...ahahahahaah...I mean I was very curious how this relationship would survive the real test , and so far there's already drama and no one in her family has yet to know they are dating. :popcorn:

Actually YY's character is not as perfect as it seems  and I am glad. Because it would seem ridiculous that he does all these crazy things in the name of love , is an ace player, has good business sense, and still be human. At least we know he had a terrible temper while growing up & even now tends to do things based on emotions ( at least from time to time). I just thought that apology scene to her mum was ill-timed. 

Spoiler

GGJVKSjboAAXfYW?format=jpg&name=large

But I guess it makes it more fun now since this is the first time that the leads have gotten mad (or at least she did) at each other. :popcorn:...I swear I live for angst & conflict!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Who is this cousin GeGe of Yin Guo? He's handsome. I just cannot tell if he's good in acting, because he hasn't really done much in here.

Handsome! I also enjoy watching him here as he's got this cool aloof charisma. I can't remember where else I have seen him. But at least his side romance ( reunion with 3 times ex) will be fun to watch. Most of the supporting males in this show is not too bad looking. Eye-candy  :D

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Who is this cousin GeGe of Yin Guo? He's handsome. I just cannot tell if he's good in acting, because he hasn't really done much in here.

You're talking about him, right?

b43ce4b3gy1hk7pb8t7j5j240l50qe85.jpg

Spoiler

b43ce4b3gy1hkwpxm90v5j23u85r9b2b.jpg
b43ce4b3gy1hmggzc96c7j22bc3h0u0z.jpg
b43ce4b3ly1hm5z1nmhhuj23kw5dce89.jpg

He is Wang Xing Yue. I'm trying to think about his filmography and what you've seen and I don't think you've seen him in a drama before. For those that watched One and Only, he played the prince (the FL's fiance). He was also in Story of the Kunning Palace (a big drama in 2023), but I didn't watch it. I've seen him in a few dramas and he's pretty decent. I have a high tolerance for bad actors in Chinese dramaland because they tend to give leading roles to popular celebs with or without acting abilities. Wang Xing Yue is one of the few that's not horrible. He was super cute in his modern drama, First Love. He's also really skinny. :laugh:

If you watched Wu Lei's and Zhao Jin Mai's appearance on Hello, Saturday recently, Wang Xing Yue was there too. He tried to bargain with them to not melt his heart (the object of the game was not to get your heart that's made of ice melted). 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2
On 2/7/2024 at 6:33 AM, Tofu said:

@Chocolate, have you started? I want to hear your thoughts because you mentioned reading the novel.

On 2/7/2024 at 6:53 AM, mademoiselle said:

Yeah @Chocolate. Where are you up to with this? It's your Lei Lei! We wanna know. 

On 2/11/2024 at 8:25 AM, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle sorry I just realised now what you mean by seal the deal. I thought you meant if they had become a couple. 🤣🤣. I don’t think our boy here has been able to hit the home run despite her Titanic suggestions . I’m crying 😂

I'm at episode 1 🤣 Someone, just tell me where to pick up - ep 17 haha?

@Tofu I only read a few bits. It was very sexy/hot (many homeruns already lol) but conversation was super dull. Think the drama followed the book quite closely re the dialogue, so I'm not superkeen to watch it.

The thing is, watching Wu Lei in Nothing But You, who is a virgin boy with an older woman, then he films this drama where he is sex god on wheels, I wonder what he did to improve in between 😅

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, Tofu said:

He is Wang Xing Yue.

Yes. Him. He's handsome + cute. His loveline with Lin Lin is the one that makes me grinning. Makes you wonder how they could be together and break up 3 times. LOL. He's obviously not over her. It was kind of funny seeing him jealous of Jiang Yang and was being a sooky lala. Hahaha!

I don't think I've seen any of his works. If I had, I'm sure I'd know because of his looks. Hahaha! That said, he's far from being adopted. I don't think my adoption on C-Oppa is very smooth. Often they are all one hit wonder type of love. Yang Yang is out of mind already after Yu Tu. Wu Lei really only charmed me as Ling Bu Yi. At one point last week, I was thinking of re-watching LLTG. As for CZY, I pay attention to his weibo + fans accounts less and less now!

BTW @Chocolate, when you rewatch LLTG, what episodes do you watch from? And if not, what scenes do you rewatch? I find myself not so interested with the bit that she is with Lou Yao, although some scenes of her in there with LBY were nice too, because LBY is holding off his feelings there.

16 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I wonder what he did to improve in between 😅

Absolutely nothing. His kiss scenes are meh. Often I've an internal OS of, "Open your mouths, you both!"

18 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

It was very sexy/hot (many homeruns already lol)

I'm sorry. What very hot/sexy/many homeruns? I see nada for the last 20 episodes.

22 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Think the drama followed the book quite closely

I happened to chance upon a post that shared a few pages of Yi Yang and Yin Guo's love scenes. I don't know how those who does translation "translate" one of the pages because when I read it, I was super confused of what I was reading. It makes you wonder if you're being dirty minded. I considered this a bad writing. If a writer is good with words, there are many ways to convey what happened indirectly—using metaphor or hints. I've read many romance novels before, some can be very outright descriptive, some isn't, but I've never seen one like this where I question myself. LOL.

31 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

I'm at episode 1 🤣 Someone, just tell me where to pick up - ep 17 haha?

Yeah, episode 17 or 18 :laugh:

• Haha 2

@Chocolate You can watch it at 1.5 speed. :laugh:

@Tofu this is the Hello Saturday episode right? The interesting part is in the 20th minute when they asked each other questions to make their hearts race. Hahahah you can tell how shy she was. @mademoiselle I quite like Lei Lei's hair like this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

to be honest....too much cuddly too much hugging too much kisses i start skipping some of those scenes too....:cool:

too much...honestly they need to tone it down and they are going to do 36 episodes of it??? hahahahha.....

however i love the lines from YinGuo's mother "YinGuo now that you're an adult, you have to learn to accept that not everyone like what you like in life"

• Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
16 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

to be honest....too much cuddly too much hugging too much kisses i start skipping

I actually enjoyed these scenes.  Sometimes I don’t feel it’s natural and forced

I am in the middle of ep 23….. watching through my fingers….  So embarrassed by this live confession.   I burry my head embarrassed for YaoYao.   That was a bit too much.  Who demands a confessional right before a match!? Anyway. Back to watching…..

I’m so weirdo ( haven’t finished watched Lei Lei the prior tennis drama yet… wasn’t feeling the vibe wirh FL.   In this drama, I feel more relaxed to watch lei lei  maybe I just dont catter to  Noona relationships?  I have the same problem with finish my boo KJY Reflection series.   Trying not to be critical.  It’s just not my thing I guesses.  
Anyway back to the show 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1