CONNECTION

커넥션

Connection_KD-p1.jpeg

jQ4OD8_3f.jpg

SYNOPSIS

Jang Jae-Kyeong (Ji Sung) is an ace detective on the drug task force at Anhyeon Police Station. His life's motto is that weakness in success happens when personal connections and supporters are involved. To avoid that pitfall, he keeps a distance from friends, fellow police officers, and even his own family when he senses it could cause trouble. He is a person with strong convictions and principles. A crisis then occurs in his life. He is forced to become addicted to drugs by someone. With the death of his friend as a clue, he reveals the whole story of connections within a 20 year corrupt friendship.

Meanwhile, Oh Yoon-Jin (Jeon Mi-Do) is a local news reporter for the Anhyeon Economic Daily Newspaper. She is very self-assertive and says things without reserve. Due to her personality, she was unfairly fired at her previous job. It wasn’t easy for her to get hired in the same field. She decided to focus her reporting on corruption and return to Anhyeon City. As a reporter for the Anhyeon Economic Daily Newspaper, she gets involved with Detective Jang Jae-Kyeong.

(Source: Asian Wiki)

Director: Kim Moon-Kyo

(Trolley , Lovers of the Red Sky)

Writer: Lee Hyun

(Diary of The Prosecutor)

Network: SBS

Episodes: 16

Air Date : May 24, 2024 - Jul 13, 2024

Runtime: Friday & Saturday 22:00-23:10

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

Cast

Ji Sung - Jang Jae-Kyeong

Jeon Mi-Do - Oh Yoon-Jin

Kwon Yool - Park Tae-Jin

Kim Kyung-Nam - Won Jong-Soo

Jung Soon-Won - Heo Joo-Song

Yoon Na-Moo - Park Joon-Seo

Jeong Jae-Kwang - Kim Chang-Soo

Cha Yub - Oh Chi-Hyun

Seo Yi-Ra - Oh Soo-Hyun

Character Chart

Bd1j67_3f.jpg

d0oOJg_3f.jpg

Film making with main cast

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

First episode was pretty good. Ji Sung's character JaeKyung was abducted and drugged while he was responding to a tip off . He's just been recently promoted for busting a number of drug syndicates and even managed to catch the gang leader. However it is unclear who it is that drugged him and let him go. But what is scary is that this drug is a new and the effects are strong - the addiction is no joke. While trying to get a grip of himself, he had passed out and taken to hospital. As he didn't want to have his blood testing positive for narcotics , he managed to get hold of his own blood samples but not without causing a ruckus. 

Meanwhile Jeon MiDo's character Yoon Jin is a reporter who is not exactly one who has the most integrity but she is good at getting exposes. She is divorced and has a son who lives with her ex in Canada. She comes across  a neighbour downstairs who had also taken the drug - this lady was just a normal housewife. The woman seeing that YoonJin  saw her, ran and got  killed by an oncoming van. So YoonJin starts taking an interest in this new unknown drug & begins digging for info. 

At the same time, there was a scene of man who had come to see JaeKyung - this guy was his friend from high school and the two had a fallout. I believe they had both witnessed some sort of crime then. While JaeKyung was trying to tell the truth , the friend chickened out. Looks like they (including the cops then) wanted to cover things up. Anyway, this friend had been the one to sent JK a cryptic message on the night JK got abducted. The guy was found dead the next day.

Kwon Yul and Kim Kyung Nam's characters will appear only in eps 2 at the friend's funeral. They are all connected including YoonJin. JK initially thought he may have been sabotaged by the gang leader he had caught but from the previews , I think it is a lot deeper/ complex than that. It is definitely related to their gang of friends from high school. 

------------

Eps 2 spoiler

The dead friend left 50 billion in insurance money to both JaeKyung and YoonJin! Why though? Why not his wife? What it is that he wanted to his friends to do???

Preview eps 3

• Like 2

Thanks @abs-oluteM for the review. Keep the review coming. I'm going to wait a bit and see. His last drama, Adamas, I couldn't continue. I don't want to start, only ended up to drop again. Feeling a bit tired of the dramas these days for being mediocre. Where were all the good ones, like before? :cry:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@mademoiselle this drama is not bad but at the moment  there are a lot of characters introduced that are all somehow connected in the past & present . Eps 2 they brought in. Kwon Yul & Kim Kyung Nam’s characters . I believe they are responsible for the death of that friend at least indirectly & this is all link to Ji Sung being drugged by this unknown character called the Doctor. The Doctor is the one that makes these new drugs -or at least that is what is implied. 

I need to watch eps 3 to see how I can recap this.  No time now 😅

Preview ep4 

I love the younger versions of their characters. All good looking 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the first episode and liked it. It reminded me of Shadow Detective. An unknown opponent leaving behind cryptic messages. The other interesting contrast is that Ji Sung's character just got promoted and Lee Sung-min's character in SD is closing in on retirement. If memory serves, he was demoted at least once I think.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

12 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha, I was waiting for your feedback! I think I'll wait till the show finish and the full verdict. It's heavy to watch him suffer in addiction.

Surprisingly, there’s not a lot of scenes with withdrawal symptoms. It seems this is a new kind of drug - it makes you more alert and able for a start, then you start taking more and become addicted. But one pill can last a surprisingly long time, or 1 day is stretching across a few episodes. Frankly I have no idea how many days have passed in the 8 episodes watched 😅.

Story is flowing nicely. It develops and every episode, new things are revealed. More importantly, it makes sense so there’s not so much frustration watching. Though in the first 7 episodes, I was wondering why Ji Sung and Mido’s characters were not sharing the stuff they found out. But end of ep8 seems to be that they will start to work together.

Now waiting for the new episodes next weekend. You can start, especially if there’s nothing else to watch.

• Clapping Hands 2
5 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

Surprisingly, there’s not a lot of scenes with withdrawal symptoms. It seems this is a new kind of drug - it makes you more alert and able for a start, then you start taking more and become addicted. But one pill can last a surprisingly long time, or 1 day is stretching across a few episodes. Frankly I have no idea how many days have passed in the 8 episodes watched 😅.

Story is flowing nicely. It develops and every episode, new things are revealed. More importantly, it makes sense so there’s not so much frustration watching. Though in the first 7 episodes, I was wondering why Ji Sung and Mido’s characters were not sharing the stuff they found out. But end of ep8 seems to be that they will start to work together.

Now waiting for the new episodes next weekend. You can start, especially if there’s nothing else to watch.

Thanks! I've picked up Miss Night & Day just tonight. 😆

Keep me updated! Waaa... 16 episodes. I hope it'll hold its ground to the end.

• Haha 2