Tea and Coffee Party

I am not a coffee drinker although I am married to one. :lenny:

My favourite black tea is the T2 (good Aussie brand) French Earl Gray. But I'm fond of most black teas (even the El Cheapo ones) and I don't take milk or sugar with my teas these days. I have matcha tea with the supplement that I take everyday. 

As far as herbal teas are concerned... I am fond of Rooibos, Peppermint, Camomile, Lemongrass and Ginger.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Tasty 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

sometimes I switch to tea for calmer atmosphere craving though you can say I'm all for coffee addiction. I like them in my cup without any additional ingredients (except right temperature water of course). 

Think I can ask you for tea recommendation master @OsmanthusTea. I just casually take Dilmah from time to time. My regular is between their Ceylon (black) tea, english breakfast, or mint tea. Really like the Ceylon one.

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 2
  • Tasty 1

f-150-st-steam.png

@abnoch

The best tea for me is Chinese tea in its leaves form. I only take tea bag if none of the leaves available or if they have unique flavors that aren’t available in leaves form. Chinese tea usually just plain tea leaves from different regions that harvested during different seasons or blended with flowers while Western tea usually blended with fruits and Indian tea blended with spices. 

I am not familiar with tea market in Indo but I remember Twinning is available in Supermarkets and Twinning is good. You should try their Earl Grey Green Tea (not a regular one), it’s really nice. Earl Grey is my fav Western tea. M&S carries a good tea lines too. Also if there’s a tea shop name TWG in your place, they have wide varieties of teas to choose from but it’s quite pricey. Hope it helps....💪🏻

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Tasty 1

@OsmanthusTea how we can differentiate it is original Chinese tea, what kind of brand or store you recommend?
I tasted Twining's Darjeeling but its not a good experience. Should try their Earl Grey instead as you said.

I remember saw TWG at Jakarta but never really curious until you said it, and so I do little research, resulting would like to buy their silver moon and Moroccan mint. That's enlightenment haha

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 3
  • Tasty 1

f-150-st-steam.png

28 minutes ago, abnoch said:

@OsmanthusTea how we can differentiate it is original Chinese tea, what kind of brand or store you recommend?
I tasted Twining's Darjeeling but its not a good experience. Should try their Earl Grey instead as you said.

I remember saw TWG at Jakarta but never really curious until you said it, and so I do little research, resulting would like to buy their silver moon and Moroccan mint. That's enlightenment haha

I usually bought when I traveled or if a friend or family traveled to Mainland or HK or Japan I usually "titip"...haha. Sometimes buy online. But most of teas in the market will states the country of origin in the packaging. I hoarded tea leaves and all of the trimmings at home. There is nothing special about Twinning's Darjeeling, better go for Sari Wangi or Teh Sostro....:Ghastlel:

You should ask @SilverMoonTea about TWG's Silven Moon Tea....:GrimChamp: My fav in TWG will be the Osmanthus Tea....:love:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Tasty 1
2 minutes ago, abnoch said:

And with @SilverMoonTea, so that's where the names come from:smile:

The packaging in the tin can is quite beautiful abnoch, but most important the taste go very well with eat some sweet cakes too. 

I tried many other teas brand. But always go back to TWG in the end. 

Twinnings not too bad as well, but Teh Sosro botol definitely also has it own charm, as able to stand many generation already haha... 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Tasty 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea yeah the packaging is that good, a must bonus in lux tea brand one I think. Of course taste is the first. They even said its haute couture of tea, lul. Even I'm not a fan of sweet cakes, I think if the mood really suit someday I will dive in to make a pair to those lonely cup I had haha

@OsmanthusTea I see the photo of flower tea brewings. That's really eye pleasant.

You two usernames makes me want to change mine into coffee bean one. :GrimChamp:

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tasty 1

f-150-st-steam.png

1 hour ago, abnoch said:

but some Sosro tea after having nasi goreng aka fried rice gerobak is kind of satisfaction haha

Edited by abnoch (see edit histor

What’s the difference btwn fried rice gerobak & normal nasi goreng ? Sorry to hi jack your thread to become food discussion @OsmanthusTea:laugh:

I really like the smell of coffee but oh it does sit well with my tummy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

@abs-oluteM  when you really crave for it, stomach friendly, you can try low acid one, or decaf (safe heartbeat). I guess you are not going well with soda too? Because in fact, soda has higher acidity than all coffee beans variety in average, talk about pure coffee that grinded from roasted beans from light to dark.

Ah the difference between fried rice in gerobak and normal are.. The fire, and the garlic oil seasoning made by over one night. I guess. I never succeeded to imitate the taste. But I read that is. And their technique. They made the aroma slight burnt. I just love it when I found the right gerobak of fried rice, and there's a lot in Bandung.

Edited by abnoch
  • Insightful 2
  • Haha 1
  • Tasty 1

f-150-st-steam.png

Ooo that fried rice gerobak sounds delicious @abnoch! Is it only in Bandung ?

Yes , I don’t take soda  as well . Don’t like it much anyway . 

I’m mainly a tea drinker - but I drink very ordinary tea like English Breakfast & Earl Grey. I normally just go for Ahmad Tea or Marks & Spencer . TWG is so expensive @SilverMoonTea!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Tasty 1

Mon-Tues: -  Wed-Thurs: -  Fri-Sat:  Connection Sat-Sun: The Midnight Romance in Hagwon Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - The Double (2 June)

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Ooo that fried rice gerobak sounds delicious @abnoch! Is it only in Bandung ?

the place will make some people not comfortable, some thinks it un-hygienic, but when you find the right one, its a holy street food haha.

You will find all around Indonesia cities, its a common, basic food stall. Most chance to get the best is in Bandung, the seasonings are just better

It's good thing you are not into carbonate drinks. And I see your problem with acidity, by chance have you tried to drink pure lemon juice every morning to make it easier for you?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Tasty 1

f-150-st-steam.png

My opinion is once you get a taste for loose leaf tea, it's very hard to go back to tea bags although tea bags are very handy when travelling. I bring my own tea everywhere I go. At the last place I worked, I brought my own infuser and made my own tea. Sometimes I'd share them with my colleagues. I've all kinds of infusers that I bought from T2. Before the big Covid shut down, I used to go there a lot. Should really have shares in it.

I'd agree that the Twinings label is generally good. The Earl Grey is very decent and my other favourites would be the herbal teas. There's a Green Tea Vanilla that I like every much but I can't remember if it's Twinings or Lipton.

I'm curious about TWG and the currency that's listed on the website. I think I saw some shops around the place the last time I was in Singapore.

This is my latest find from the local supermarket. It has a lovely flavour to it. 

BLOODORANGE-1

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Tasty 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma its kinda same with coffee. Once you really discover the differences of freshly brewed coffee, it's hard to back into the instant/grinded/powder one even its very handy when traveling. Preparation for minimal pack processing tools become a must if you already made drinking tea/coffee as a habit (like it should be every morning, afternoon, or night)

Edited by abnoch
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Tasty 1

f-150-st-steam.png

@40somethingahjumma I'm on opposite, have not tried T2 before, eventhough I saw the store. I'm looking for tea with smell of citrus or mandarin orange, is there anything like that in T2, or any specific brand that you know? 

@OsmanthusTea lol tea and fried banana.... bwahaha... 

@abnoch tried to cut coffee but to no avail. It did make me more anxious, but without it, no energy haha... 

@abs-oluteM it's guilty pleasure of mine. Actually 1 tin can will last long for me. And I also have couple of lower grade teas haha.... 

• Haha 3
  • Tasty 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif