Tea and Coffee Party

10 hours ago, abnoch said:

@40somethingahjumma its kinda same with coffee. Once you really discover the differences of freshly brewed coffee, it's hard to back into the instant/grinded/powder one even its very handy when traveling. Preparation for minimal pack processing tools become a must if you already made drinking tea/coffee as a habit (like it should be every morning, afternoon, or night)

My husband is the coffee drinker at our place and he grinds all his own coffee these days. He also uses a stovetop expresso maker. He also has a cold brew kit but I haven't seen him do that for a while.

We're very fortunate here in Australia to have good coffee everywhere. (So I've been told). That's why Starbucks hasn't really taken off in this country. Our local cafes are generally pretty good and most people prefer to support their local vendors.

I also drink something called Golden/Turmeric Latte if the cafe serves it up. It's not as common. Sometimes I have dark chocolate with almond milk. There's a stall at my local Sunday markets that sell  an organic cacao chocolate tea which has a nice body to it. I used to have all kinds of hot chocolates but I've gradually weaned myself off that. 

@OsmanthusTea Thank you for that. Some of the advertised teas look interesting. The almond tea piqued my interest. I would have to factor in the postage.

@SilverMoonTea T2 has fruit teas from what I remember but I'm a bit more sugar conscious these days so I stay away from those. Perhaps the website can give you some pointers. I think the herbal tisanes are what you're looking for. 

T2 teas are not cheap around here but it would be interesting to see how much your local T2 shop sells them for.

• Insightful 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma stovetop aka Bialetti aka moka pot is compact and sturdy one. It's pretty good to bring them everywhere you want to stay because you wouldn't have to bring another filters, cone, etc. Ah I see the cold brew kit, I also didn't have them for a while. Normally I make cold brew once a week, mostly on weekends.

Here with coffee path, well, Indonesia is one of the havens for original Arabican beans. We have pretty good sales in a small cafe/coffee shop, targeted people into coffees. They mostly attached with the coffee or the atmosphere. Sbucks is more like a busy office coffee or some people just want to feel the hype haha.

Turmeric latte here called Corona latte (duh), because it's simply boosting your immune & good for the body.

Because of this work from home phenomenon, I see more people now get interested in coffee brewing technics. Nice. Great beans need to be cherished with strive for perfectly engineered coffee. I'm into V60 much. Swirling it really makes leveled up. In the cafe, we have various types of brewing methods like French Press etc. This syphon one, most folks would say for the first time it feels like a coffee lab thing because the shape

bd_1.jpg

Edited by abnoch
  • Insightful 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 1

f-150-st-steam.png

7 hours ago, abnoch said:

@40somethingahjumma stovetop aka Bialetti aka moka pot is compact and sturdy one. It's pretty good to bring them everywhere you want to stay because you wouldn't have to bring another filters, cone, etc. Ah I see the cold brew kit, I also didn't have them for a while. Normally I make cold brew once a week, mostly on weekends.

You're from Indonesia? About 10 years ago, we were in Semarang (Central Java) and the other half had his first taste of Luwak coffee. He thought it was okay. Even though someone offered to gift us someone we had to say no, knowing that we wouldn't be able to get it past customs here.

There's an amusing anecdote about a former Prime Minister of Australia trying to bring in Luwak coffee into the country (it was a gift) but it was confiscated at customs. That's how strict the food quarantine laws are here. 

Coffee is quite a huge deal here. I know many people who have their own machines at home. From the pod expresso machines to barista style machines. 

I found the turmeric latte a nice substitute for hot chocolate. I think the jury is still out on whether turmeric is the wonder spice everyone claims it is. The actual research on it is rather thin. But I like the taste of it so I'm happy to consume it whenever I can.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

@40somethingahjumma yeah. Haha even prime minister. Thats kinda good the law is strict there, so you should import first? Are worldwide delivery still ok? You are from Australia right? I was in South Australian-Tasmania before and I see they like iced coffee much. It's great to know other coffee lovers. I would recommend Mandheling rather than luwak coffee beans.

Turmeric blends well for another option of latte (it looks like creme brulee for me btw), but more earthy-dirt feels isn't? Surprisingly I like the taste too (turmeric latte) and hope it still has good impacts if mixed with that proportion of milk haha.

If you had trip to Semarang, maybe you tasted Jamu aka herb drink. Indonesian use a lot of turmeric blends in various Javanese herb drink. It really goes well with tamarind and have most benefit for woman body

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 1

f-150-st-steam.png

Oooo, teas! To the dismay of the hubs, I still haven't picked up on how to prepare tea. Just good in drinking what he makes. Hahaha! 

Coffee...I like Arabica, or Dark French Roast to help kick-start the day. My usual cup would be milk and coffee without sugar. Or coffee with milo.

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.png

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

@abs-oluteM  lol what an example of coffee series in your mind? Since I worked on field, I rarely go there. Thankfully its already run itself with no supervision (shout out to the manager):LaxEat: so I forgot many things about big portion coffee making heh

tora-p-5s.jpg

this one old photo set. Toraja Pademaran latte (upper) and Tightrope blend (lower).

The Tightrope blend beans we've got from 5senses Australia, it is really good.  

There are 2 coffee beans type beside Arabican and Robusta that I haven't really explore yet; Liberica and Excelsa. Tasted Liberica (Batangas Barako), beans from Philippines, and I would say it really taste like a slight of liquid tobacco because the smokey aroma, but more dark chocolate-y. One strong coffee. May sound gross to the tobacco-smoker haters?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

f-150-st-steam.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kapeng barako (Batangas) can keep me awake for hours. It's very strong so I like it with milk and brown sugar. As you know, I'm not supposed to drink coffee and being stubborn has cost me my singing career 😂 I had vendo coffee 2 hrs ago and now I feel nauseous. I'm slowly replacing coffee with fruit shakes with maca powder and so far I'm too lazy to commit daily. 

Afterthought: the best cup I had was a cappuccino at a famous tiramisu shop in Rome. Maybe it was only average to most and the tiramisu tricked my palate. 

Edited by jeijei
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...