Skincare Lounge: Routines, Recs and Reviews

Jane

1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM 😭 (re: dark spots).

Interesting you guys all use body lotion. I'm lazy with it. Sometimes I see my legs with snake skin is then I apply some lotion on them 😅 and then I go back to not doing anything again.

I would expect you to use more since it is so dry where you are. For me , I am in airconditioned settings a lot , so I don't want my skin to dry out.

Now I know why @SilverMoonTea collects oppas as fast as she does. She loves the high of new things!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@mademoiselle Wah?! I'm surprised you don't consistently use sunscreen. It's not just for when you're outside in the sun. When you're inside, UV rays can still come through the windows so it's important to wear it even if indoor. 

Aseop is expensive. I would not want to use any of it if I had a bottle. Haha! My friend stayed at the Four Seasons hotel here and they have La Lebo in the bathroom. Is reminds me of Aseop in terms of the products they have available plus the different fragrances. My friend's sister took multiple showers so she can use the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. LOL! 

I was telling @SilverMoonTea that I don't have that much skincare products, but oddly enough, I have a lot of fragrances. :laugh:

• Haha 3

@Tofu my curtains are thermal curtains and block UV 😂. I just replaced them too because I damaged the previous one by putting it in the dryer 😅. It has a layer of acrylic that insulate and block the sun and UV. I live like a vampire 🧛‍♀️ indoor.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 3
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/6/2023 at 3:27 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw anyone doing Guasha routinely? 

I have been using mine more often. I think it makes a difference. Have you noticed a difference with yours?

I tried two more sunscreens --

1. Round Lab Birch Moisturizing Sunscreen 

Very light weight and didn't leave a white cast. It makes you look dewy so avoid if you don't like this kind of look. 

2. Biore UV Aqua Rich Sunscreen (thanks @Chocolate!)

Also light weight and my skin doesn't feel sticky after using it. No white cast with it either. 

Both are worth checking out if you're in the market for a new sunscreen. 

Not skincare related, but does anyone have a favorite fragrance? I've been trying on different fragrances lately so I'm just curious to see what everyone likes. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
On 5/29/2023 at 3:53 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu my curtains are thermal curtains and block UV 😂. I just replaced them too because I damaged the previous one by putting it in the dryer 😅. It has a layer of acrylic that insulate and block the sun and UV. I live like a vampire 🧛‍♀️ indoor.

Hahaha don't you feel claustrophobic? I'm the opposite. I like my rooms bright - so all blinds up. In office, do you have colleagues who always want the tables near the window, and yet they pull all the blinds down!

On 10/6/2023 at 4:27 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

Btw anyone doing Guasha routinely? 

I'm trying this because nowdays felt my face bloated lols 

Does it work?

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I have been using mine more often. I think it makes a difference. Have you noticed a difference with yours?

Really! Maybe I should try too. My face is the first place that all the fat goes when I put on weight. Any particular brand to buy?

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I tried two more sunscreens --

1. Round Lab Birch Moisturizing Sunscreen 

Very light weight and didn't leave a white cast. It makes you look dewy so avoid if you don't like this kind of look. 

2. Biore UV Aqua Rich Sunscreen (thanks @Chocolate!)

Also light weight and my skin doesn't feel sticky after using it. No white cast with it either. 

Both are worth checking out if you're in the market for a new sunscreen. 

Birch is apparently good for moisturising too. Dewy is good - I shall try this if not oily.

1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Not skincare related, but does anyone have a favorite fragrance? I've been trying on different fragrances lately so I'm just curious to see what everyone likes.

I hardly use perfumes, only for special occasions which are sadly few and far between. So they just sit there and evaporate 😅

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Tofu @Chocolate I lack of discipline, so I have not doing guasha recently, I should start again. I think have small difference, my face will look less puffy. 

As of fragrance I like these two the most Aesop Tacit and Body Shop Full Orange Blossom. I tried various brand like Kenzo, Elizabeth Arden, Fresh, etc (but just waiting for them to evaporate so I can clear out the bottle lols) I always rushing to go out house and can't remember to spray it. Idk why I bought them 😅

I think I should do a project pan, to declutter my skincare stuff. I'm on no buy, since I only have 1 face but got so many stuff haha... 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Hahaha don't you feel claustrophobic? I'm the opposite. I like my rooms bright - so all blinds up. In office, do you have colleagues who always want the tables near the window, and yet they pull all the blinds down!

No blinds in my office. It's supposed to be a sustainable / eco-building, so it is designed to allow the sun to come through. I sit far away from the window (I'm guessing it's because I've told them my condition). But sunny days in the morning, the sun would be shining on my face from the top ceiling window, so I had to wait a bit for the sun to move.

• Like 2