Kairos finale predictions! 🧐   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for the final episodes?!!!

• Yes 🥳 but sad it's ending.
    • No because I'm sad it's ending 😭
  2. 2. After multiple deaths in ep 1-14, who will really die in the end? If no answer is listed, share your choice in the comments~ (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kwak Sung Ja (Ae Ri omma)
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • Chairman Yoo
  3. 3. Who will survive until the end? If your choice is not listed, share it in the comments 🤓 (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kim Da Bin
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Kim Jin Ho
  4. 4. Who is the evillest villain of all? 😠. Missed a villain in the list, share your villain of choice in the comments too~ (multiple choice)

• Chairman Yoo
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Lee Taek Gyu
    • Park Joo Young
    • Baseball - the preemptions! 😠
  5. 5. Who is Kim Da Bin's biological dad?

• Definitely, Kim Seo Jin!!
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • It doesn't matter who her biological dad is...Kim Seo Jin will always be Dabin's appa.
  6. 6. Final question...if Kim Seo Jin and Ae Ri survives till the end....are they the OTP?

• Yes! 💯 they are meant to be~
    • Yes but as best buddies only.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2020 at 04:42 AM

I....just remembered this while I was commenting about Hyunchae somewhere on the internet and came running to share it here hahaha 😆 @abs-oluteM @40somethingahjumma @ktcjdrama

Spoiler

I recall watching a video about a female psychopath in Korea: Ms. Eom. She received full score on the Psychopath Diognostic Test. She reminds me of Hyunchae. And rewatching the clip made me think that HC's behaviour is not just for fiction...it can happen in real life 😱😭

Ms Eom killed so many people for insurance money. She killed her husbands and her family members. First she got married, she did stuff and killed her husband and stabbed him in the eye. Got insurance money. She got married again and repeats the same thing. After that she moved in with her family and repeated the same thing. She even commited arson. People describe her as pretty and kind...no one noticed her weird behaviour until it was too late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 2

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

3 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

She received full score on the Psychopath Diognostic Test. She reminds me of Hyunchae. And rewatching the clip made me think that HC's behaviour is not just for fiction...it can happen in real life

Interestingly, she knows the feelings of shame and covered up her face very well at the station... I would think this kind of people would be “proud” of themselves and their “works”. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@katakwasabi what I am very curious to see is actually whether Seo Jin of Sept catches on to what’s going on . Given that he gets these dejavu moments & is already changing / softening up as a result , he will be able to put two & two together soon 

K netz comments 

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/12/naver-tv-kairos-episode-9-comments-and.html?m=1

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

38 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@katakwasabi what I am very curious to see is actually whether Seo Jin of Sept catches on to what’s going on . Given that he gets these dejavu moments & is already changing / softening up as a result , he will be able to put two & two together soon 

K netz comments 

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/12/naver-tv-kairos-episode-9-comments-and.html?m=1

I think Seojin10 knows it all. He knows all the events up to the moment that HC-Dogyun wanted to kill him at the villa.

Hehe...looks like ep11 was filmed in late October. He wore this outfit to an impromptu master in the house shooting

img.gif

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I think Seojin10 knows it all. He knows all the events up to the moment that HC-Dogyun wanted to kill him at the villa.

Who’s SeoJin10 - the one in AR’s time line ??

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

10 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Who’s SeoJin10 - the one in AR’s time line ??

The one in the hospital and the one who was hit by Taekyung at the villa.

There are several Aeri and Seojins because the month is changing. 

1) Seojin9 v1 : the one who lost his family and communicated with Ari. Seojin9 was hit by Taekyung in October. He dissappeared when Aeri9 prevented the kidnapping

2) Seojin8/Seojin9 v2: this is the Seojin in Aeri's timeline, the one Aeri met and didn't believe her. After the kidnapping in Sept, Seojin gets flashes of Seojin9v1 memories. Seojin9v2 will be involved in an accident on 9th October 2020.

3) Seojin10: Seojin10 is Seojin9v2+Seojin9v1 after the accident. I assume this Seojin will now have memories of the actual kidnapping, his wife suicide attempt, all the betrayal around him + new info about his dad + construction.

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1
  • Confused 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

😅 I only have two versions of Seo Jin. The future Seo Jin and present Seo Jin... I fixed myself on AR’s timeline since we don’t see her in action in the future, she is the present for me. 

Hahaha. Yes! That's a good way to track the timelines. Aeri is fixed 😆

My ship! Please sail!

• Haha 5

Seo Jin receives a mysterious note

image_readtop_2020_1254950_1607303490446

The psychological warfare between Shin Seong-rok and Ahn Bo-hyun, whose consciousness came back from'Kairos', will be revealed.

Earlier, Kim Seo-jin (played by Shin Seong-rok) lost his wife Kang Hyun-chae (played by Nam Gyu-ri) and daughter Kim Da-bin (played by Shim Hye-yeon) in a mysterious accident. Seo Do-gyun (played by Ahn Bo-hyun), who found the traces of Lee Taek-gyu (played by Jo Dong-in) at the scene of the incident, pushed him to die, but Lee Taek-gyu was shocked by revealing that it was Kang Hyun-chae's plan to kill Kim Seo-jin. Here, as Seojin Kim, who had been unconscious for a while, awakens from the ending of the 10th episode, an exciting development was predicted.

In the midst of this, the appearance of Seojin Kim, who is in shock and fear, is revealed to stimulate curiosity. Someone went to the hospital room, left an unknown note and disappeared. Seojin Kim, who has confirmed the contents, is making even the viewers nervous with an anxious look.

In particular, Seo-jin Kim was the only one who did not die in an accident in which his family was annihilated, so the direction of the police investigation is pointing to him. In addition, today's broadcast is raising expectations by saying that the clues of the accident site make Kim Seo-jin more disadvantageous.

The story that will unfold today (7th) is paying attention to whether Kim Seo-jin, awakened, holds the key to the entire accident, and why Kang Hyun-chae's plan to murder Kim Seo-jin took the lives of her and her daughter.

Auto-translated from here: https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2020/12/1254950/

• Like 4

Well not surprising that SDK will help SJ escape the cops since he knows that SJ holds the key to be able to help bring back Hyun Chae

Auto-translated from here:  http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/300102

NIqpnnrGPJHl637429769775286928.jpg

alb2uRcg0Rld637429769855911908.jpg

Kim Seo-jin, who opened the note that the nurse held in her hand - note said "Come out now." While the nurse lured a detective guarding outside the hospital room, Kim Seo-jin ran out of the hospital room.

Kim Seo-jin, who ran away from the detective who was chasing him, was surprised to see Seo Do-gyun (Anbo-hyeon) who came to pick him up. Seo Do-kyun said, "You are suspected of being the culprit of the traffic accident. Hide for a while."

Seo brought Kim Seo-jin to talk about Han Ae-ri, saying, "Don't you remember?" Kim Seo-jin listened to Seo Do-kyun with a look as if he had never heard of her before.

Seo Do-kyun, who wants to save Kang Hyun-chae (Nam Gyu-ri), could not hide his nervousness when he saw Kim Seo-jin's expression. "If you do well, you can save your wife and child," Seo said, clinging to Kim Seo-jin. Is Seo a helper or a traitor to Kim Seo-jin?

Viewers watched the relationship between the two interestingly. "Look at him pretend to be on the same side as Seo Do-kyun," "Kim Seo-jin is funny to wake up," and "I'm confused whether Seo-jin is losing her memory or pretending to lose it. "

-----------------------------------------------------

Checking out some spoiler cuts...oh dear...AR dies in the Oct timeline

Preview: But Seo Jin goes to see her mum & lets Mum speak to the AR in the Sept time line

• Like 4

I am beginning to lose patience during the first half of ep.11, mostly with AR’s mother. I mean she’d better have good enough reason for holding off the truth from a worried-sick AR. What AR requested was right; that they be honest with each other so as to find a solution. How can she protect AR with a health condition like that. She should come clean so AR can think of ways to protect herself. She isn’t a little kid anymore. Good thing that towards the end there’s some good development and the preview showed the mother seeing AR dead and then communicating with the past month AR. Hopefully that will somehow change her mind on coming clean with SJ. 

DK’s ultimate love and devotion towards HC paid off in that he desperately want to take down LTK so as to save HC, which will indirectly save DB also. Now I am sure that DB is not his kid but SJ’s. Not once is shown that DK is thinking or worrying about DB. His eyes only have HC. 

• Like 3

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I just got off eps 11 . @ktcjdrama yes AR's mum - I was exasperated too. Why does she need to hide the truth? I suppose it is the director that killed AR right?

I was wondering if SJ of Oct had indeed lost his memories -so I was glad that he didn't . It was a smart move of him to trick SDK. Does he know that SDK and HC had affair? Think he should be able to make that deduction.

Preview for eps 14 ...ooo SJ of Sept talks to SJ of Oct ! 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

Does he know that SDK and HC had affair? Think he should be able to make that deduction.

Preview for eps 14 ...ooo SJ of Sept talks to SJ of Oct

I don’t think so. Because the SJ who witnessed them at the pension was reset, so he has no memories. The last time he communicated with AR was when DB’s tracker was not working, then it was the car accident. And yes, I am glad his amnesia was just an act. He really is a smart resourceful person. 

Some viewers commented SJ of future should’ve recorded himself and send to AR’s phone as proof to past SJ that AR is telling the truth. 

Yeah I think AR’s death is caused by Chairman. The mother should know better than to trust him to keep his end of the deal. These kind of people will never honor their promises. They will find a way around it whenever possible. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

After watching ep 12 and ep 13 preview

I think Aeri's death is because of herself. She's a bulldozer. I can see why her mum wants to keep the info from Aeri because if she tells her...we don't know what Aeri will do to get the truth. I mean...look at what she did to stop Dabin's kidnapping~ 😅

Iirc, Mum didn't want to handover whatever she had in hand (recording) and it was not with her at the time chairman met her. I feel that mum never wanted to go against chairman in the first place, that's why the info was not spread after so many years. She saw what happened to Seojin's dad. I think the new redevelopment plan for the site, made her and the other victims start to react.

Anyways...😭😭😭😭😭😭

Ep 12 ratings broke my heart. So so so so sad 😭 

Edit...about Seojin past and present. Video call or no video call cc: @ktcjdrama~~ 

Spoiler

I think the writer revealed Seojin past to Seojin future vice versa nicely. It's not forced trust. Now Aeri-Seojin mutually trust each other.

If future Seojin recorded himself and send it to Aeri to show to his past self in the earlier eps...it won't have the same impact as past Seojin meeting Aeri because he believes her by himself, with facts and concrete reason and not forced by other sources.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

See... this is why I watch Kairos back to back. Because if I had watched 11 yesterday... I would have thrown something at the screen out of sheer frustration. :laugh: I don't see the point of mum keeping things from Ae-ri to be honest. I don't know and maybe she doesn't know her own daughter as well as we do. But keeping quiet is really not the answer even if it is well-meant. AR isn't just going to role over and play dead just because she's ignorant of some of the facts. I suppose it's a kind of noble idiocy which is more idiotic than noble. 

Anyhow, I'm always in awe at how the show pulls together all the moving parts as the plot progresses further. I feel somewhat nervous and I always hope that the momentum can be maintained right to the end. We're now in the third and final act which is always a scary prospect when watching an Asian drama because it doesn't take much for the wheels to fall off the wagon apparently. I don't want the show to break its own rules. It would ruin the experience for me if at the 11th hour they did something along the lines just to give us a happy ending for example or get the characters to a particular place in the narrative.

I am satisfied with how the show is now using the rules of the game. Although it seems like every man, woman and dog now knows the secret of the phone number, it does make sense that more are drawn into the web and the leads become more skilful about how the rules can be utilized. 

It always impresses me how Seo-jin generally plays it smart even if Ae-ri tends to rush headlong into things heart first. So when Seo Do-kyun thought he was being clever about the phone after the accident, SJ was actually lucid and thinking a step or two ahead. Not trusting Do-kyun is always a good idea especially if he senses that the younger man has an agenda of his own.

My favourite moment in these last two episodes was the one between SJ and Da Bin at the hospital when she got treatment for her ankle. Even if his marriage with Hyun-chae is a lie, the father-daughter dynamic is the real deal. HC is clearly not the love of his life but that spot is filled by DB. SJ is providentially being given a second chance to be a self-aware dad to Da Bin in a way he wasn't in the past. His apology to DB was one of the most moving experiences coming out of the drama. Then the question that he asked her... about what kind of dad she wants him to be and her thoughtful answer shows a depth to her that's surprising considering her age. But she is his daughter. (At least I believe she is)

I'm somewhat glad that Do-kyun now knows that HC has been making her own plans and was preparing to ditch him. It's a much needed slap in the face. I hope he uses that information wisely because he could be in so deep that he has lost all capacity for rational thought. Of course it is his future self that knows this not the deluded, manipulated toy boy who is still plotting to make his getaway with her using another fall guy.

As usual I really adore what Geum-wook has become these past weeks. The journey that his character has taken... even as a supporting one... has been tremendous. I've always known how much he likes AR and since her troubles began he has grown into a pillar for her during her most difficult moments. Poor fellow, he was so heartbroken. Did he suffer pangs of regret of what he couldn't say to AR? The fact that he took the initiative to contact SJ shows not only his resolve but good sense in thinking  how he can become a part of the solution, using the tools available at his fingertips. Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

The show finally explains to us the significance of the time (10:33). TBH I never cared too much about it. Well, it didn't matter to me. But I'm sure some viewers are happy about it because it's another piece of the puzzle dealt with. It has always been about untimely death -- her dad and his dad having unfinished business in the land of the living. They left loved ones behind and their restless souls can't have peace. At least that's how I'm interpreting all the more fantastical elements.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Ok I have caught up!

On 12/6/2020 at 8:49 AM, katakwasabi said:

There are several Aeri and Seojins because the month is changing. 

1) Seojin9 v1

2) Seojin8/Seojin9 v2

3) Seojin10: Seojin10 is Seojin9v2+Seojin9v1 after the accident

On 12/6/2020 at 9:51 AM, ktcjdrama said:

😅 I only have two versions of Seo Jin. The future Seo Jin and present Seo Jin... I fixed myself on AR’s timeline since we don’t see her in action in the future, she is the present for me. 

LOL @katakwasabi your versions of Seojin### are more confusing than the plot!

I thought of the future as the main version. But that is wrong because the future can be changed. So @ktcjdrama's version makes sense.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Does he know that SDK and HC had affair? Think he should be able to make that deduction.

Yes, I think Seojin knows everything by now. He has probably been seeing the images in his head and is connecting everything. The last we saw was that he genuinely praised Do-kyun for heading a project in a meeting, after he had the deja-vu of patting Do-yun. Then he had the car accident. And next we see that he pretended to be asleep at the hospital and overhearing Do-kyun's conversations with Aeri. So in between he should have discovered more, which is yet to be shown.

On 12/9/2020 at 12:55 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

The show finally explains to us the significance of the time (10:33). TBH I never cared too much about it. Well, it didn't matter to me. But I'm sure some viewers are happy about it because it's another piece of the puzzle dealt with. It has always been about untimely death -- her dad and his dad having unfinished business in the land of the living. They left loved ones behind and their restless souls can't have peace. At least that's how I'm interpreting all the more fantastical elements.

I think that the time-slip (?) is largely due to Aeri's father:

- Her father tried to help Seojin when the building collapse by reaching for his helmut, and ended up being crushed.

- Seojin spent 31 days under the rubble with her father (btw, how did he survive without food?)

- The calls can only happen at 10:33 which is when the watch stopped

- The phone number is her father's number

Thanks @katakwasabi for the constant promotion on discord. This is surprisingly intriguing. And new pieces/revelations are shown in each episode so the pace is quite good. Just wish there was less screaming/shouting in the earlier episodes and less crying (the wailing type) - makes me want to fast forward lol.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Party! 3
On 12/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, Chocolate said:

Thanks @katakwasabi for the constant promotion on discord. This is surprisingly intriguing. And new pieces/revelations are shown in each episode so the pace is quite good.

Yay! Welcome to the thread 😆

On 12/10/2020 at 10:21 PM, Chocolate said:

I think that the time-slip (?) is largely due to Aeri's father:

- Her father tried to help Seojin when the building collapse by reaching for his helmut, and ended up being crushed.

- Seojin spent 31 days under the rubble with her father (btw, how did he survive without food?)

- The calls can only happen at 10:33 which is when the watch stopped

- The phone number is her father's number

I think the timeslip is because of both dads. Aeri dad in the rubble and Seojin dad killed while trying to investigate the cause of the collapse. 

About the 31 days under the rubble, other than no food...I'm thinking how horrific it was to be there with a decaying corpse 😭😱

• Like 3

I was in tears in eps 12 . Mainly because I put myself in AR's Sept self and it is not easy to find out you'll be dead in a month. While they have been able to change a number of circumstances before this , it does seem that each time they recalibrate a scenario, the consequence seems worse.  Now we have a dead AeRi, Hyun Chae , DaBin  in the Oct timeline even though ARs mum is not . Not that I mind HC being dead - she's awfully vicious considering what she did to her father & friend at the orphanage . Plus now it has been revealed that she is purely using SDK and had no intentions being with him. SDK - will he still want to help bring HC back? 

Nevertheless, the higher the stakes , the greater the revelation. The Seo Jin in Sept is finding out that his father's death may not be a suicide  & the Chairman is hiding a lot of secrets regarding the Taejung town incident, and more importantly is finally coming round to realise that AR is telling the truth. He has changed a lot from the 1st time we saw him - he's softened & prioritizes his family . AR gets to save her mum and she is now aware of the true circumstances of her father's death. So even though things just seem to get messier in Oct , things are in some ways better in September , and given the rules of this universe the changes made in the September timeline are permanent , and hence that timeline is most critical to both AR and SJ. 

I really like the last scene. That watch stopping at 10.33 is indeed the red string of fate that ties the AR and SJ together. ( and no not in the romantic sense. lol!) . They needed to be involved with each so that they could find justice for their fathers.  

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

This drama have a combination of Signal met with God Gift's 14 days, it got me hooked up since ep 1. 

I think Ae Ri and Seo Jin have an amazing connection. When AR disclosed that he always call his dad whenever she's happy or sad, it just bound for me to think SJ also has become her greatest pillar support. 

As the episodes grow, SJ also showed such a great care for AR's safety. 

I'm glad this time SSR pick a great drama to star in, the storyline, the cinematography and the BGM all are well made. 

Hope more ppl will try this drama with @katakwasabi's oppa... The title was a bit strange, Kairos haha, so I was a bit overwhelmed to try at first 😅🙃

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Yay!!! Welcome to the thread @SilverMoonTea 🥳

13 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I think Ae Ri and Seo Jin have an amazing connection. When AR disclosed that he always call his dad whenever she's happy or sad, it just bound for me to think SJ also has become her greatest pillar support. 

As the episodes grow, SJ also showed such a great care for AR's safety. 

I'm glad this time SSR pick a great drama to star in, the storyline, the cinematography and the BGM all are well made. 

I think Aeri and Seojin have a great connection (I ship 🤭) and I'm glad SSR picked Kairos too 😆🤩.

13 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The title was a bit strange, Kairos haha, so I was a bit overwhelmed to try at first

Haha. Yeah the title is weird. I also complained about the title when it was announced 😂. But it actually matches the theme of the drama. Kairos is the right, critical or opportune moment...which is exactly what the characters are trying to find: the right moment to act.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1