Kairos finale predictions! 🧐   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you excited for the final episodes?!!!

• Yes 🥳 but sad it's ending.
    • No because I'm sad it's ending 😭
  2. 2. After multiple deaths in ep 1-14, who will really die in the end? If no answer is listed, share your choice in the comments~ (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kwak Sung Ja (Ae Ri omma)
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • Chairman Yoo
  3. 3. Who will survive until the end? If your choice is not listed, share it in the comments 🤓 (multiple choice)

• Kim Seo Jin
    • Han Ae Ri
    • Kim Da Bin
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Kim Jin Ho
  4. 4. Who is the evillest villain of all? 😠. Missed a villain in the list, share your villain of choice in the comments too~ (multiple choice)

• Chairman Yoo
    • Kang Hyun Chae
    • Lee Taek Gyu
    • Park Joo Young
    • Baseball - the preemptions! 😠
  5. 5. Who is Kim Da Bin's biological dad?

• Definitely, Kim Seo Jin!!
    • Seo Do Gyun
    • It doesn't matter who her biological dad is...Kim Seo Jin will always be Dabin's appa.
  6. 6. Final question...if Kim Seo Jin and Ae Ri survives till the end....are they the OTP?

• Yes! 💯 they are meant to be~
    • Yes but as best buddies only.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/28/2020 at 04:42 AM

New stills for tonight

202012140854280132520_20201214085502_01_

Auto translated parts of it from here: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003377075?lfrom=twitter

Previously, Han Ae-ri (played by Lee Se-young) was discouraged after hearing about the tragic fate of being murdered a month later by Kim Seo-jin (played by Shin Seong-rok). However, by persuading Songja Kwak (played by Hwang Jeong-min), who had evidence of Yu Seo-il (played by Shin Gu), and launched a counterattack to resolve the roots of the tragedy, they raised expectations for the future development.

In the midst of this, Han Ae-ri, who has decided on something, is shown in the stills above . Han Ae-ri is struggling with her mobile phone, while her eyes facing Im Gun-wook (played by Kang Seung-yoon) are even fearful, predicting an unusual development. I wonder what the dangerous plan Han Aeri prepared to correct her twisted fate. In addition, Im Kun-wook is looking at Han A-ri with an anxious face, which draws attention.  In particular, in the last broadcast, it was shown that Im Geon-wook is willing to do anything for Han A-ri , which impressed viewers. 

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

47 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I think Aeri and Seojin have a great connection (I ship 🤭)

The pretty wife is quite awful. So I hope Seojin and Aeri can find happiness (low key shipping too haha)...

47 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

But it actually matches the theme of the drama. Kairos is the right, critical or opportune moment...which is exactly what the characters are trying to find: the right moment to act.

The drama reminded me of pick your own story in my old kid's storybook last time haha..  Since everytime whoever die will change depend on the action they took. 

I have not backreading all you guys awesome post, as I'm still behind hehe... See you later! 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

6 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Seo Do Gyun...is still Seo Do Gyun 😅

His soul is already sold to HC... 😅 I will not be surprised if he ends up being the one taking the fall for all HC’s crimes, maybe even dying for her. Then maybe, maybe then, HC will finally realize (too late) how foolish she has been missing out a great life with him, and then she be redeemed? LOLOL... so cliche ya... hopefully this drama will not go that way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Am looking forward to this:

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/300677

MBC's Monday-Tuesday mini-series "Kaeros," which aired on December 14, revealed that the fathers of Kim Seo-jin (Shin Seong-rok) and Han Ae-ri (Lee Se-young) were together in the collapse of a building in the past.

Kim Seo-jin recalled the past when she saw Han Ae-ri's watch. Kim Seo-jin, who was under a collapsed building in the collapse of the building, endured with the bottled water given by Han Ae-ri's father, saying, "You must live."

Kim Seo-jin, who was rescued at the last minute, visited the young Han Ae-ri and poured out her anger instead of comforting her. "You shouldn't die like your dad. Do you know why my dad died?" Kim Seo-jin poured out unfairness on Han Ae-ri. "Poor and incompetent. That's why I worked like a dog and died like a dog," Kim told her with a watch left by Han Ae-ri's father.

Kim Seo-jin was very surprised, saying, "That's when the kid..." "This is what happened between Han Ae-ri and me," Kim Seo-jin said, finding out why the two were intertwined.

Han Ae-ri just in time handed over the phone call to the future Kim Seo-jin. The current Kim Seo-jin, who answered the phone half-heartedly, was surprised by his voice coming from across the phone.

At the same time, the current Kim Seo-jin told future Kim Seo-jin, "You are me...? Knowing the situation, Mirae's Kim Seo-jin informed the current Kim Seo-jin of the car accident and Han Ae- ri's death.

Viewers concentrated on the drama with their hands full of sweat. "Seojin blackened it then," "Seojin, listen to me," and "Yes, please cooperate."

----------------
Preview: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

19 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

His soul is already sold to HC... 😅 I will not be surprised if he ends up being the one taking the fall for all HC’s crimes, maybe even dying for her. Then maybe, maybe then, HC will finally realize (too late) how foolish she has been missing out a great life with him, and then she be redeemed? LOLOL... so cliche ya... hopefully this drama will not go that way. 

Nooooooo...don't redeem Hyunchae 😭😭😭. Poor Seojin had to go through all that trauma because of her plan and Do Gyun. Do Gyun is a lost cause...I want them to pack theor bags and go away. Dabin can stay with Seojin 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

Finished with episode 15 13. Can't wait to see how it ends tomorrow. Crap. Belatedly realise there are still 3 more episodes to go! :nani:

Maybe there were other loopholes before that I didn't pay attention but this time I notice a fair few. How silly the show think we are to have the GPS device just inside her tote bag? Ae Ri should have hidden that GPS in her bra! :niu: The polices always check CCTV but all of a sudden they don't check anymore while Seo Do Kyun enter the room and took the files?

And if the past changes the future, how is it that Do Kyun still retains the memory and has the files? That timeline should no longer exist. This part should have been wiped out. Thought the rule only made exception to Ae Ri and Seo Jin.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Maybe there were other loopholes before that I didn't pay attention but this time I notice a fair few. How silly the show think we are to have the GPS device just inside her tote bag? Ae Ri should have hidden that GPS in her bra! :niu:

If Geunwook listened to Aeri: 'to keep calm no matter what happens' and didn't suddenly attacked TaekGyu...the gps tracker wouldn't have been found. When Geunwook suddenly attacked TG, I went 'Nooooo!!!! Don't you remember what Aeri told the night before?!'. Anyways...I feel that Aeri and Seojin underestimated Lee Taek Gyu and what he could do. Their plan was good but it wasn't good enough. I mean LTG plotted more than 5 deaths: dabin, seojin, hyunchae, aeri, aeri omma, they need a super solid plan to keep up with him 😂.

The polices always check CCTV but all of a sudden they don't check anymore while Seo Do Kyun enter the room and took the files?

I assume they didn't check after Seojin was captured. They didn't need to because their aim was to capture Seojin and they did capture him there.

And if the past changes the future, how is it that Do Kyun still retains the memory and has the files? That timeline should no longer exist. This part should have been wiped out. Thought the rule only made exception to Ae Ri and Seo Jin.

I have thoughts for this but...I have to watch ep 14 now hahahah. And I might rewatch ep 13 to understand the ending better 😆

Edit: @mademoiselle the file thing is explained in ep 14 😎

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

81NYo5.gif - Royal Hotness x Coffee

I haven't had the time to watch eps 13 yet.

------------------

Some spoiler recaps of eps 14

Autotranslated from here: http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/300773

Kim Seo-jin was told by Han Ae-ri (Lee Se-young) that Kim Jin-ho (Ko Kyu-pil), who had an important evidence, was almost killed. Han Ae-ri was surprised to receive a photo of Park Joo-young, who is suspected of killing her father, from Kim Seo-jin. It was because he looked like a man wearing a mask she encountered on her way to Kim Jin-ho's house.

Meanwhile, Kang Hyun-chae (Nam Gyu-ri) was found and rather detained while visiting her biological father and taking medicine for alcohol. Seo Do-kyun rushed to save Kang Hyun-chae on the phone.

As soon as Seo Do-kyun tried to get Kang Hyun-chae out of the house, her father rushed in. Seo Do-kyun stopped him from stabbing him with a knife, but eventually died.

Upon receiving the call, Kim Seo-jin ran to the scene and was shocked to learn of Seo Do-kyun's death. It was because Seo Do-kyun had some heavy evidence. The moment everything came back to square one, I was contacted that Kim Jin-ho woke up.

Anyway eps 15's preview

• Like 4

On 12/15/2020 at 4:46 PM, mademoiselle said:

I noticed this too and wondering why. Looking forward to the explanation in ep.14, but now, off to bed first. It’s past midnight. 😅

Forget to add that I love the police chase in this episode. Be it the one at the hotel or the car chase for LTK. For once, the police impressed me with their team work and quick action. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Just answered the poll.....

1. Are you excited for the final episodes?!!!
Yes 🥳 but sad it's ending.

2. After multiple deaths in ep 1-14, who will really die in the end? If no answer is listed, share your choice in the comments~ (multiple choice)

Chairman Yoo

3. Who will survive until the end? If your choice is not listed, share it in the comments 🤓 (multiple choice)
Kim Da Bin :MewHi:

4. Who is the evillest villain of all? 😠. Missed a villain in the list, share your villain of choice in the comments too~ (multiple choice)
Kang Hyun Chae 

5. Who is Kim Da Bin's biological dad?
It doesn't matter who her biological dad is...Kim Seo Jin will always be Dabin's appa.

6. Final question...if Kim Seo Jin and Ae Ri survives till the end....are they the OTP?
Yes but as best buddies only.

there were answers where I'm conflicted, but you know what? I'm excited to know the answers as the finale come next week. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Loads happened in these last couple of episodes and it makes me feel somewhat confident that we might get a decent finish. (Lots of qualifications there) :psweatduck:

The game of passing the parcel continues...

I notice the question as to why SDK has got memories of the previous erased timeline came up in the thread. It seems to me that anyone who knows about the magic phone number 10:33 calls automatically becomes part of the special group and part of the conversation with SJ and AR. I think it's fairly consistent and future Geun-wook also has retained all his memories.

I struggled to answer question 2 because I don't think anyone dies at the end. It seems like everybody who is anybody has died once already... so yeah I'd be happy if the top tier and bottom tier villains all end up behind the slammer although I can see how it would be difficult to pin anything on Seo Do-kyun and Kang Hyun-chae. The best ending for her is probably the one we already got, TBH, the mask ripped off her face for the whole world to see. Separated from her daughter. Killing her would turn her into a victim and that doesn't sit easy with me. 

I was so annoyed with Seo Do-kyun  and his antics that I really didn't feel all that much even when he threw himself in front of the kitchen knife. Prior I was always very neutral about him. I didn't particularly dislike him but in these last two episodes, he seemed to be especially loathsome. He was obstructionist, made things worse and any common sense he seemed to have went down the gurgler. Perhaps the show was trying to redeem him by his self-sacrificing moment... a final act of true love... Bleah -- so much malarkey. He's done so much damage and caused enough angst in such egotistical fashion. He also had the gall to make it sound like he was the underdog when all he wanted was other people's money and family. He may have seen himself as being on the side of right when it's all about greed. If he really love HC, he should have upped and left right away even without the money. It's irrelevant that he met her first. She is married to someone else. He helped her perpetuate her fantasies as much as she was the creator of them. A better and stronger man would have shown her the door all those years ago when he was a struggling bartender and she, a struggling musician. He let her walk all over him, insult him and define the meaning of success. But then he made her his moral compass and that was the beginning of the end for him. 

He was given a second chance to change his trajectory when the evidence against Chairman Yoon fell into his hands. But he's never grown up to consider the bigger issues. It's all about HC and what she wants. If he had met a better woman, he could have been steered in the right direction like how Geun-wook has grown so much because of his involvement with Ae-ri and her issues. On that note, it is telling that the show makes that deliberate contrast between Geun-wook 's and Do-kyun's respective trajectories. Poverty and ordinariness isn't the problem. Character is.

No matter how horrible HC has been and trust me her comeuppance has been long overdue, I would never think of her as a greater villain than the chairman who was responsible not only for closing an eye to construction hazards but deliberately sabotaged the work of a rival company to gain financial ascendency thereby killing hundreds of people. The man is Greed Incarnate and the power that he wields is terrifying. He has his minions killing at his behest with a phone call. He is a monster. A dragon that has to be slayed.

Edited by 40somethingahjumma
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

Thanks @katakwasabi

After watching episode 14 and here's my take:

As we know Seo Do Kyun read the text messages print-out between past Ae Ri and future Seo Jin and was in doubt/disbelief. His doubt was only confirmed after Hyun Chae died and Seo Jin was hospitalised because he got hold of Seo Jin's phone and personally communicate with himself. He then became obsessed to save Hyun Chae which is the sole reason why he's stalking Seo Jin and follows him to the studio apartment where he found the files. — let's call this the original timeline.

Alternate timeline — After Lee Tae Gyu was caught in September (past), it changes the original events and Hyun Chae survives. This means, like when Da Bin's kidnapping incident was changed, Seo Jin loses the memory of Ae Ri, Seo Do Kyun should experience the same. His memory should reset to when he was in doubt because the part where he spoke to his past self never took place. Seo Jin was not hospitalised he couldn't possibly get his hand on Seo Jin's phone. And since Hyun Chae never dies, there is no reason for Do Kyun to be obsessed with Seo Jin's whereabout and follows him to the studio apartment that night.

Future Do Kyun shouldn't be remembering anything at all because the future event was changed completely. Ae Ri's friend Geun  Wook remembers in the future because he learns about this supernatural phone call in the past, and he was the one who saves Ae Ri from being murdered in that original timeline. Her female friend who finally accepted this as true, again, is because this was the past. There is no change of events happened to wipe her memory in that timeline.

In the "newly changed" future, Ae Ri's mother would remember because Ae Ri is still dead, so the event where Seo Jin visits her and let her speaks to Ae Ri still took place. The attack can still happen because Chairman Yoo can still send another man in place of Lee Tae Gyu to do his bidding.

Although I don't believe this is the intention but if Do Kyun is meant to remember, like Seo Jin, he would lose that memory first and slowly gains it back. Even Seo Jin said he only remembers some but not all.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

@mademoiselle I thought I knew what was happening with the constant changing past and therefore the future, but your points have made me more confused LOL.

3 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I notice the question as to why SDK has got memories of the previous erased timeline came up in the thread. It seems to me that anyone who knows about the magic phone number 10:33 calls automatically becomes part of the special group and part of the conversation with SJ and AR. I think it's fairly consistent and future Geun-wook also has retained all his memories.

I agree with this. Thus, SDK remembers everything that happened, past and present, from that point onwards. Just like SJ in the future remembers everything from the first timeline when his child was 'kidnapped'.

There are some parts of the show that bothers me. Or maybe I am just picking on the nitty gritty.

Like that female friend, in the trio (can't remember her name). Her role seems meaningless. What irked me was when future SJ called and she was holding the phone, staring at past SJ, and not helping much. Considering that it was important for future SJ to convey information back to the past because they just found out that AR still died and LTG was not the killer. A waste of that minute. I understand that scene is written that way and not the fault of the character.

But this is exactly what I mean. I feel the show/writer resorts to some of these things purposely to create suspense/tension/delay. Just like it is completely irrational that AR's mother refuses to share the secret information and that AR did not press the issue and try to explain to her mother why that information is crucial. These things where even we, watchers, will say "come on, don't do that".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 12/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, Chocolate said:

I thought I knew what was happening with the constant changing past and therefore the future, but your points have made me more confused LOL.

:idk: I'm seeing plot holes. LOL.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:21 PM, Chocolate said:

Just like SJ in the future remembers everything from the first timeline when his child was 'kidnapped'.

When Ae Ri et al. intercepted the kidnapping, SJ forgot about this supernatural phone call exchange remember? After that he's only getting flashbacks. Only after the accident that he remembers most of it. So logically, Do Kyun should experience the same effect. Either way, it doesn't explain away why Do Kyun is at the studio apartment when Hyun Chae is alive.

I like to believe Ae Ri and Seo Jin are the only ones specially connected. It made more sense because they are connected via their dead fathers. Furthermore Seo Jin was using Ae Ri's father phone number and communicating with Ae Ri via her mother's phone.

If we simply explain this away as everybody just remembers, then Kairos is no different to other past fantasy dramas where the writer breaks/changes the rules they initially create or doesn't explain how things happen properly. Thus, I am giving this new writer a benefit of a doubt that she/he doesn't explain this supernatural with a "just because".

Like you, I find Kairos is starting to go in a circle and repeat the same thing with different characters and dragging out the plot. The suspense is lost because we already know who the villain is. Ae Ri's mother has been annoying for the last few episodes by avoiding to tell Ae Ri the full story. Also MANY TIMES I wonder why are everyone leaving Ae Ri's mother alone when everybody knows Chairman Yoo may still cause harm to her. How many times exactly is everyone going to be outsmarted by Chairman Yoo?

Also the next episode preview annoys the heck out of me where there is a scene of Seo Jin going to Chairman Yoo telling him he got the file. Like waeeee? Whyyyy would you tell your enemy that? Why do dramas keep doing this? Nothing good ever comes out of doing that! The preview may be out of context - Seo Jin might be doing it to bluff and lure Chairman Yoo to action and catch him in the act, but still, it's such a stupid move if he really has the files.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
2 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Like you, I find Kairos is starting to go in a circle and repeat the same thing with different characters and dragging out the plot. The suspense is lost because we already know who the villain is. Ae Ri's mother has been annoying for the last few episodes by avoiding to tell Ae Ri the full story.

I feel the same too... I am tired of the file being so elusive to our protagonists. And I blame that on AR’s mother, lol, who should’ve just given the file to AR. Sorry, but I really cannot see a reason why protecting Chairman Yu from such a serious crime is something that can guarantee their safety. The man ordered to blow up a building! He needs to be brought to justice, of course by finding the right people to expose his crime. Without him exposed and removed, AR will always in danger. Regardless of whether AR’s safety is threatened or not, it’s something that the mother could’ve done for those victims who died needlessly. 

Anyway, I love that it is revealed the cause of collapse was not just because of poor materials used but rather, it was by explosions. 

Some rants about the scenes at HC’s father’s place... how indiscreet she is putting the medicine into his glass 🙄 for someone who has orchestrated a kidnapping and a car accident... and like how did she free herself from being tied? The father also didn’t think of taking her phone away? I don’t know what happened, but the show may be losing materials but still have to fulfill the 16 episodes count. Would a fewer episodes count be better for it? I wonder... 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

6 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Alternate timeline — After Lee Tae Gyu was caught in September (past), it changes the original events and Hyun Chae survives. This means, like when Da Bin's kidnapping incident was changed, Seo Jin loses the memory of Ae Ri, Seo Do Kyun should experience the same. His memory should reset to when he was in doubt because the part where he spoke to his past self never took place. Seo Jin was not hospitalised he couldn't possibly get his hand on Seo Jin's phone. And since Hyun Chae never dies, there is no reason for Do Kyun to be obsessed with Seo Jin's whereabout and follows him to the studio apartment that night.

I am not understanding the point you raised here. When SDK went to the studio apartment to find SJ, HC was still dead... The part shown of him entering the studio apartment and taking the envelope was just a flashback to show audience what happened. Not necessarily him recalling the incident. His face was surprised to see the content of the envelope as if seeing it the first time, when he already had taken a look of it at the studio apartment. That’s the way i understood it. 

• Insightful 2

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am not understanding the point you raised here. When SDK went to the studio apartment to find SJ, HC was still dead... The part shown of him entering the studio apartment and taking the envelope was just a flashback to show audience what happened. Not necessarily him recalling the incident. His face was surprised to see the content of the envelope as if seeing it the first time, when he already had taken a look of it at the studio apartment. That’s the way i understood it. 

I didnt see it as him calling the incident but more of the show telling us that was what happened in the original timeline. I cant recall his facial expression. I'll have to re-check. Do you also think it is logical for the files to be with him when HC survives and he has no more reason to find or follow SJ?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@mademoiselle 

Like that female friend, in the trio (can't remember her name). Her role seems meaningless. What irked me was when future SJ called and she was holding the phone, staring at past SJ, and not helping much. Considering that it was important for future SJ to convey information back to the past because they just found out that AR still died and LTG was not the killer. A waste of that minute. I understand that scene is written that way and not the fault of the character.

But this is exactly what I mean. I feel the show/writer resorts to some of these things purposely to create suspense/tension/delay. Just like it is completely irrational that AR's mother refuses to share the secret information and that AR did not press the issue and try to explain to her mother why that information is crucial. These things where even we, watchers, will say "come on, don't do that".

I think with Soo-jung, her purpose was always first and foremost to be an emotional support to Ae-ri. But also in the early days she knew that Mum Song-ja had taken off somewhere and had been in contact with her on some regular basis. She's also never believed the two timelines story until at that moment  when she saw it with her own eyes. That scene was meant to convince her of the truth of the two timelines story as well as for Seo-jin in the future to have the reassurance  that AR was fine. The key thing is that the phone number works consistently regardless of who picks up on the other end at 10:33. To me that was about drawing Soo-jung into a "conversation" that she wasn't a part of previously. And of course, there are inherent dangers to being part of the conversation as well.

I remember reading some criticisms of 365: Repeat the Year which said that the suspense of the show relied largely on people withholding information and lying outright. Well, yes... that's essentially a whodunit in a nutshell.  But the point of that isn't that everybody prevaricates in a murder mystery but what it is that they are lying about and why they feel the need to lie. I personally view a crime show in the same way as a jigsaw. It's all about putting all the pieces of the puzzle together... one piece at a time.

I think it should also be said that we're dealing with ordinary people here who are groping around trying to work out how the rules of the game work. Not everyone is privy to all the temporal mechanics or the facts. Just tweaking the past can lead to both positive and disastrous results. No one... human at least... is absolutely in control of the game because the outcomes... for them are unpredictable. To me that's the attraction of the show. They're riding on a wild horse that won't be tamed.

Mind you I was pretty frustrated with AR's mother too. But then she's the one who probably started off the whole thing by trying to blackmail the chairman in the first place because they're struggling financially partly with her medical bills. She felt guilty for being a burden on her AR. They were barely making ends meet. Using herself as collateral, she wanted to her daughter to be provided. I don't think she acted wisely but she acted consistently with her original agenda from the start.

In reality though, people do irrational things all the time. Even with the benefit of hindsight. Why do governments use fear mongering to control the populace... because they know they can. I don't believe people act rationally the majority of the time. They do what they think is beneficial to them rather than what's rational. Don't take my word for it, Jonathan Haidt's book The Righteous Mind goes into all that.

The moral universe of the show as far as I'm concerned is consistent and sound. Essentially this is a morality tale -- people are greedy. They want things they don't have all the time. So they snatch, sabotage and convince themselves that they can get away with it. From Chairman Yoo to Lee Taek-gyu to Song-ja. 

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

:idk: I'm seeing plot holes. LOL.

When Ae Ri et al. intercepted the kidnapping, SJ forgot about this supernatural phone call exchange remember? After that he's only getting flashbacks. Only after the accident that he remembers most of it. So logically, Do Kyun should experience the same effect. Either way, it doesn't explain away why Do Kyun is at the studio apartment when Hyun Chae is alive.

I like to believe Ae Ri and Seo Jin are the only ones specially connected. It made more sense because they are connected via their dead fathers. Furthermore Seo Jin was using Ae Ri's father phone number and communicating with Ae Ri via her mother's phone.

If we simply explain this away as everybody just remembers, then Kairos is no different to other past fantasy dramas where the writer breaks/changes the rules they initially create or doesn't explain how things happen properly. Thus, I am giving this new writer a benefit of a doubt that she/he doesn't explain this supernatural with a "just because".

I don't see how that breaks the rules though. The number and the timing of the call has always been the key thing. Because Geun-wook was able to see the text messages on her phone even in Episode 2... or 3 ... just in time to rescue her from certain death at Kim Jin-ho's place.

So that element that anyone who had access to the phone would always be drawn into the "conversation". 

As far as I can tell, the show has been very consistent with that. 

I don't see this as a plot hole if only the people who have access to the phone if it's established from practically day 1 that it's the phone number that matters because she used to call it from a payphone regularly to talk to her dad even after his death. It gave her comfort believing that her dad was listening to her "on the other side". So yes, there's always been a suggestion of an otherworldly  element.

It doesn't (to me at least) denigrate the fact that SJ and AR have a historical connection either even if other people can "listen in" on their conversation because it started with them. As far as I can tell, they're gathering resources around them. How else can they convince people to help them otherwise?

Just my 2 cents.

• Insightful 3

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.