My Dear Guardian 亲爱的戎装 [2021]

9 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

yes he want LMZ to be in a relationship and from wat he can see or from his stand points it work for XC to be together with LMZ, since she work for the military hospital, its pretty easy for her to apply to work in base together with LMZ there will be no obstacles there for both LMZ and XC....

Be careful we don't thoughts into the brigade commander's head... He never made that suggestion. From his standpoint, he just wanted all his men to be happy and in relationships that were worthy of them (which is why he asked LMZ whether his cousin would be good for Tian Yong).  As for Xia Chu, the brigade commander acknowledged her after finding out she was the "angel" who saved Tian Yong, found her to be cute, pretty, and peppy, and thus thought she'd be a good match for LMZ, but I'm pretty sure that's about as far as those thoughts went.  If he did consider her military background, it would've been more from the perspective of she'd understand better than a civilian what was required of LMZ in his military career, not that she could come work on base as well.

As I mentioned in my above post, the only person who ever raised the idea of XC working on base was XC herself.*  That was shot down by LMZ because it wasn't her career aspiration (e.g., XC asking her father if he'd be okay if she didn't live up to her current goals) and it would've been a waste of the medical training she was going through.  (I'm not dissing base doctors, but there's a vast difference in medical training that is required of a cardiac surgeon versus a... general practitioner, we'll say.)  Given that, I hardly think the brigade commander would've wanted that for XC either.

[*To be even more precise, all XC ever said was that she wanted to follow LMZ "to the base."  As far as I can recall she never said she wanted to go work at the base, so by saying she wanted to go to LMZ's base, she could have also been saying she wanted to give up her medical career altogether and be a full-time military spouse.] 

In any event, I suspect an on-base doctor would need more military training than the basic training that Xia Chu received for graduating from a military medical school and going to work at a military hospital, so I'm not sure it would've been that easy for her to request transfer to a base anyway.  Military hospitals in China are established for military families, retired service members, and regular patients - it's just medical costs for members related to the military would be very low.  That's why doctors who work at these hospitals don't receive more than basic training as they don't go into the field other than for emergencies (such as when Xia Chu joined in on a mission when the on-base doctor was sick) and for volunteer field efforts (such as when Xia Chu assisted with the flood efforts or for the military drill exercise).  That's also why as much as Xia Chu is military, the military training aspect of her career is vastly different from that of a regular service member.  For a doctor who worked on base, however, they'd probably need more training in order to be deployed and on hand when soldiers needed medical care in the field.

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

definitely no....i do not think that PeiYu ever felt anything....in a sense i felt he blame his twin for his current situation....especially the part where he remises the situation where they switch their identify before ZuoRan went out and he took his place next to the mother instead

When Pei Yu's sitting in front of Migu and she asks if he ever had a moment where he had feelings for her, he pauses before very nonchalantly answering no.  In that moment, I thought he was being honest and true that he never felt anything, because that's the assumption I have always had as well -- that he never had any feelings towards Migu, that every time he said he needed her he was just preying on her emotions and using her -- but as he walks away, he swallows hard and an almost pained expression comes over his face.  If he had maintained a cold or expressionless face, I wouldn't be asking the question.  But the fact that his facial expression does shift makes me wonder what the writer/director was trying to imply in that moment -- that maybe there were moments where he had feelings for Migu, since she was the only one who ever gave him affection?

I never got the sense that Pei Yu blamed Zhuo Ran for his current situation.  If anything, it's because they switched places when they did that he lived while Zhuo Ran died. 

We do know he felt resentment towards his mother, for when she took Zhuo Ran while leaving Pei Yu with the father, but we also know he loved her deeply as he worked very hard to get her out of Lao Ye's clutches so she could get the medical care she needed.  We also know in the end, from the mom's letter, that when she took Zhuo Ran and left Pei Yu behind, it was not by choice.  I do feel bad for how Lao Ye ruined their lives, but it is interesting knowing in the end that it was Pei Yu all along that night.  Because maybe that's why he made the decision that he did at that time (to eat the meat), since I presume having been left with the dad, he would've known what Lao Ye was capable of.  

Definitely a complicated situation.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics

Descendants of the Sun • A Love So Beautiful • Le Coupe de Foudre • Gank Your Heart • Go Ahead • Legend of Fei

On 6/24/2021 at 2:58 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Okay I am guessing that eps 28 is gonna be nasty. I have only completed ep 27. 

But I wanted to comment about Dr Zhang and Meng Zhen(XJ's mum)...oh nooooo...I knew his parents would be a hindrance since the earlier episodes but yikes his mum coming to talk to her just takes the cake. I mean Dr Zhang is already 38 and an esteemed professor , surely he can make up his own mind about who he wishes to spend the rest of his life with. I do think what his mother said to Meng Zhen may have rattled her though I can understand where she is coming from . MZ also made some good points to Zhang - she does not wish to be a sacrifice he had to make but rather his source of pride. I personally never saw it that way till she said it . 

-----------------------------

@Hyacinth0910 this is gorgeous...do you have more?

Sorry for the late response…yes i have more i think i posted them all on my instagram :)

On 7/2/2021 at 8:57 PM, themarchioness said:

Be careful we don't thoughts into the brigade commander's head... He never made that suggestion.

no...you're right he never indicated that...however hahah somehow i read more into his suggestion and from what i can see it will work...

On 7/2/2021 at 8:57 PM, themarchioness said:

[*To be even more precise, all XC ever said was that she wanted to follow LMZ "to the base."  As far as I can recall she never said she wanted to go work at the base, so by saying she wanted to go to LMZ's base, she could have also been saying she wanted to give up her medical career altogether and be a full-time military spouse.] 

which luckily LMZ stop her and tell her she is lost for now....

On 7/3/2021 at 12:53 AM, themarchioness said:

We do know he felt resentment towards his mother, for when she took Zhuo Ran while leaving Pei Yu with the father, but we also know he loved her deeply as he worked very hard to get her out of Lao Ye's clutches so she could get the medical care she needed.  We also know in the end, from the mom's letter, that when she took Zhuo Ran and left Pei Yu behind, it was not by choice.  I do feel bad for how Lao Ye ruined their lives, but it is interesting knowing in the end that it was Pei Yu all along that night.  Because maybe that's why he made the decision that he did at that time (to eat the meat), since I presume having been left with the dad, he would've known what Lao Ye was capable of. 

do you think he resent ZhuoRan as well for making him swap identity with him? or he was grateful so that he can have a more normal life for a moment with the mother and felt the innocent first love with XC in his brother stead?

• Like 1

no...you're right he never indicated that...however hahah somehow i read more into his suggestion and from what i can see it will work...

I think the brigade commander respects XC such that he also wouldn’t want her to compromise her career just for the convenience of one of his men. He’s more likely to struggle alongside LMZ in finding a way for things to work out such that his underling can be happy… and what makes LMZ happy is knowing XC will still be able to have the career she wants.

do you think he resent ZhuoRan as well for making him swap identity with him?

I don’t. After all, ZR died in his place… while we can’t know that PY also would’ve stepped in front of dad to take the bullet, I feel certain that given the circumstances of that night, PY would’ve either also died in some other way or, in order to survive, he would’ve also agreed to work for Lao Ye. So, the end result is the same. 

If he did ever feel resentment towards ZR, I think it’s more likely he would’ve resented his younger brother for being able to grow up with their mother. Of course that’s not ZR’s fault, but feelings don’t always follow logic and envy is a normal human emotion so I can see him being bitter about that, especially since we do know he was upset with mom about that.

Otherwise, I think he did care for his brother. After all, they were twins and in the end, he wanted ZR to have the things he couldn’t have in his lifetime. At the heart of it, as much as they were twins, they were also different personalities, as evidenced by ZR reminding PY to smile thr night they switched places.

• Like 2

My Fanfics

Watching Go Fridge Season 6 where Huang Jingyu guested... he shares a few stories from his time filming MDG, including one part where he talks about gaining weight because of the pandemic and then having to film his shower scenes. (The video is linked to take you to that part of his talk.)  Poor guy!  I feel his pain - the struggle to control pandemic weight gain is real, LOL! :psweatduck:

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

7 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Watching Go Fridge Season 6 where Huang Jingyu guested... he shares a few stories from his time filming MDG, including one part where he talks about gaining weight because of the pandemic and then having to film his shower scenes. (The video is linked to take you to that part of his talk.)  Poor guy!  I feel his pain - the struggle to control pandemic weight gain is real, LOL! :psweatduck:

did you watch Mr Housework 3? lols....at the way he ate....its really does make one wonder if he doesnt gain weight!!! he is almost always hungry hahaha

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, NiteWalker said:

did you watch Mr Housework 3? lols....at the way he ate....its really does make one wonder if he doesnt gain weight!!! he is almost always hungry hahaha

I haven't, but given how active he is, I'm not surprised he would have a big appetite! (The problem with the pandemic is all the inactivity since you can't do anything. :P)  

Am I the only one still missing this drama???  :laugh: I realized this weekend I don't really want to watch anything else... I just want to watch them.  I really wish someone would just cut all the episodes down to the OTP scenes.  I'd rewatch that!  Haha.

• Haha 2

My Fanfics

@NiteWalker @themarchioness Ooo  wasn't he in Go Fridge last year too? 

Well well....guess who is still watching this? Yes...ME :eeeee:...I just got off eps 35 and actually like the last few episodes a lot since it was rather action packed. TY is headed towards a tragic but heroic death isn't he? But it would be a lot more shocking no one dies in this show given this is a military drama! LOL. Poor guy is suffering a lot but he is a good soldier true & true and instead of escaping the prison, goes look for old Master so that they can finally have intel of who  this man is. 

Also, I always find the romance between LMZ and XC the best whenever they are out in the field , on a mission , in danger! ahahahaha..I think it is because they are their most honest selves here (and also the PD does not have to insert in any cliche tropes). I thought the scene of XC being caught by ZR ( or rather Pei Yu) and subsequently how LMZ saved her was well executed. XC finally declares that she wants to be with him no matter what especially after he was injured.  About time.

I know at one point I was a little miffed with XC for not wanting to accept that ZR's behaviour is suspicious and problematic. But to her credit, she wasn't entirely wrong. Her faith in who ZR was / is is not misplaced. Intuitively, she could not accept it because this wasn't the ZR she knew...and she was right. ZR turned out to be Pei Yu after all. 

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@NiteWalker @themarchioness Ooo  wasn't he in Go Fridge last year too? 

Yup, that's the video I linked above.

7 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

actually like the last few episodes a lot since it was rather action packed. TY is headed towards a tragic but heroic death isn't he? But it would be a lot more shocking no one dies in this show given this is a military drama! LOL. Poor guy is suffering a lot but he is a good soldier true & true and instead of escaping the prison, goes look for old Master so that they can finally have intel of who  this man is. 

Aren't they great??  I really liked the action scenes in this drama and I know I already talked about how I felt about the TY arc, so I won't repeat myself, but only say I thought the drama treated his death respectfully and I very much appreciated how that storyline worked its way out. 

9 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

Also, I always find the romance between LMZ and XC the best whenever they are out in the field , on a mission , in danger! ahahahaha..I think it is because they are their most honest selves here

I looooooved the part where he still high from his anesthesia.  From telling XC to not look so closely at his dating history to his Sailor Moon bedsheets reveal in front of her coworker, haha!  

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I know at one point I was a little miffed with XC for not wanting to accept that ZR's behaviour is suspicious and problematic. But to her credit, she wasn't entirely wrong. Her faith in who ZR was / is is not misplaced. Intuitively, she could not accept it because this wasn't the ZR she knew...and she was right. ZR turned out to be Pei Yu after all. 

Agreed!! Her instincts aren't so bad after all.  Now if only Migu could work on hers... :P  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

12 minutes ago, themarchioness said:

I looooooved the part where he still high from his anesthesia.  From telling XC to not look so closely at his dating history to his Sailor Moon bedsheets reveal in front of her coworker, haha!  

I laughed at how he likened himself to a slow-cooked soup ...for a while I was wondering where he was going with the analogy! :lol:

• Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: -  Daily: SooJi and WooRi C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

5 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

for a while I was wondering where he was going with the analogy! :lol:

Same! Wonder if Johnny also had the same question when he first read the script, haha!

Also, how much did he cringe at having to pretend he was Sailor Moon??? Hahahaha

Edited by themarchioness
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

@themarchioness  Though I read all the spoilers , I forgot that LMZ was going to have that septic shock.. Realistically speaking , XC would likely have a her license to practise suspended for administering the unapproved drug even though it was an emergency . I was surprised they even chose her as the Chief Resident instead of being punished.  I do get what the drama is going for - at the heart of medicine and healthcare, saving lives is what the profession and field is ultimately about. Actually , XC not choosing to stay on to take the Chief Resident offer is a good move . Given her passion, the bureaucracy will kill her. Someone with her idealism, courage and willingness to take risks is best suited for working on the field - I can see how the drama is justifying her move towards joining LMZ as his outposts. Being an actual military doctor is perhaps her ultimate calling.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Though I read all the spoilers , I forgot that LMZ was going to have that septic shock..

When I was watching those scenes, all I could think was how unfair it was that LMZ who had been treated properly would still suffer a life-threatening infection whereas ZR, who received no treatment, only had to suffer fever.  But just as I started wondering if there was more than met the eye with respect to LMZ's wound it was revealed that, indeed, the other side had doused the knife with bacteria.  So evil!  I'm glad, though, that an explanation was finally found so that XC could be at peace knowing she hadn't been the source of infection and so that they could come up with a treatment plan.

Realistically speaking , XC would likely have a her license to practise suspended for administering the unapproved drug even though it was an emergency . I was surprised they even chose her as the Chief Resident instead of being punished.  I do get what the drama is going for - at the heart of medicine and healthcare, saving lives is what the profession and field is ultimately about.

She was a renegade on so many occasions!  She's lucky it worked out each time.  The repercussions wouldn't be pretty if things went a different way... but she seemed to recognize that with the LMZ incident because she was ready to give up her license at that point, and was also caught off guard when it was revealed that they wanted to make her chief resident instead.

Actually , XC not choosing to stay on to take the Chief Resident offer is a good move . Given her passion, the bureaucracy will kill her. Someone with her idealism, courage and willingness to take risks is best suited for working on the field - I can see how the drama is justifying her move towards joining LMZ as his outposts. Being an actual military doctor is perhaps her ultimate calling.

I totally agree with you that bureaucracy would stifle XC and it appears she recognized that as well.  Plus, for XC, it was never about the status.  She just wanted to learn and do her job.  This is contrasted against her coworker/friend/frenemy (whatever you want to call her) who admitted to having feelings of needing to prove herself.  Being a chief resident would have provided that validation to her friend, and prove that she could be just as good as a male.  XC didn't carry that baggage.  As mentioned she just wanted to be the best doctor she could be, use her talents for good, and save lives.  

I don't agree, though, that the drama was trying to set her up for joining LMZ or that she was meant to be an on-base military doctor.  I already addressed why not in one of my above posts so I'll only reiterate my belief that what matters is what XC wants... and she wants to be a cardiac surgeon.  Realistically, in order to do that she's got to stay attached to a big hospital.  I really don't see her going anywhere.  After all, the idealism, courage and willingness to take risks, that you mentioned, are equally useful to her where she's at now.  A doctor serving anywhere would definitely need to have those qualities and I think those are the very things that Dr. Zhang recognized in her and made him want to mentor her.  I also think he tried to teach her how to channel those instincts into more productive ways so she would be able to better express her concerns and achieve her desired outcomes without offending others, particularly more senior physicians, along the way.  While I don't think XC ever successfully reached that point in the drama, I recognize learning is an ever work in progress so hopefully she'll figure it out eventually.  ;)  

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

My Fanfics

@themarchioness @NiteWalker
Wahhhh the last 5 minutes was truly one big PLA propaganda! LOL...

That aside , I did really like how it all wrapped up and ended. I think that everyone got their due justice and happy ever after where applicable.  Funnily, it was Tian Yong's death and his heart donation arc that had me shedding  some tears. Especially felt it for LMZ when he had to sign the consent form. And I was so glad that XC for the 1st time had some doubts and reservations about the transplant. It really was ironic and cruel that TY 's heart ended up with ZR/PY's mum. Though given TY's personality and the values he had , he would have wanted to save her. 

I came to love the main pairing  and even the secondary romances a lot more than I had expected to.  TBH, I had plenty of reservations about it especially in the 1st 10 episodes because they tried to push the romance too hard, instead of letting it develop organically  and XC did annoy me initially . But somehow the power of Johnny Huang in army clothing :heiboi: kept me watching and I think the drama started to find its footing past eps 10. In fact towards the end , I had even wanted more of the romance.  Overall , though the drama has many things I could pick on, it ended up being a show I looked forward to every week while it was airing. Hope to see my darling Johnny in another show soon. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@themarchioness @NiteWalker
Wahhhh the last 5 minutes was truly one big PLA propaganda! LOL...

LOLOLOLOLOL.... I knoooooooow!  Omg.... so bad.  It's almost like they got to the end, didn't know how to wrap things up, and were like, "I know, let's stick an ad in here!" I also kept wondering, as a special forces guy, is it okay that he's revealing his name like this?!"  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My Fanfics

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Funnily, it was Tian Yong's death and his heart donation arc that had me shedding  some tears. Especially felt it for LMZ when he had to sign the consent form. And I was so glad that XC for the 1st time had some doubts and reservations about the transplant. It really was ironic and cruel that TY 's heart ended up with ZR/PY's mum. Though given TY's personality and the values he had , he would have wanted to save her. 

:heart:

TY... truly, the best of heroes... in life and in death...

23 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I had plenty of reservations about it especially in the 1st 10 episodes because they tried to push the romance too hard, instead of letting it develop organically  and XC did annoy me initially . But somehow the power of Johnny Huang in army clothing :heiboi: kept me watching and I think the drama started to find its footing past eps 10. In fact towards the end , I had even wanted more of the romance.  Overall , though the drama has many things I could pick on, it ended up being a show I looked forward to every week while it was airing.

Hehe, I'm opposite in that the push/pull of the romance in the initial eps is what pulled me in, but I totally agree with you on everything else. Especially the XC part -- sometimes it was like watching a mature professional, at other times an immature 13 year old.  I could never decide it was LQ's acting, the fault of the script, or uneven directing; in the end, maybe it was all three of those things.  In spite of how I may have felt about XC, I still really liked the character and the actress who played her, and I also really liked the OTP pairing a lot.  It's kind of how I feel overall about the drama, too... it was hardly perfect and it's got its share of problems, but I still loved it anyway and it was totally my jam. 

• Heart Eyes 1

My Fanfics