Secret Man/ Man in a Veil 비밀의 남자 [2020-2021]

UnniSara

On 12/16/2020 at 4:21 AM, stroppyse said:

I understand it was a contract marriage, but it was still a marriage. Plus, once he finds out that YR and YJ are sisters, he'll understand why he can never be with YJ anyway.

And I don’t see him working hard enough to get that divorce. How does he think he can be with YJ when still a married person?? Keep her as a mistress? Any sane woman will not want to be kept as a mistress. I don’t know how his mind works. I really want to root for SJ but I can’t seem to find a good enough reason. I was still on his side in the beginning but now I don’t care about him anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

And I don’t see him working hard enough to get that divorce. How does he think he can be with YJ when still a married person?? Keep her as a mistress? Any sane woman will not want to be kept as a mistress. I don’t know how his mind works. I really want to root for SJ but I can’t seem to find a good enough reason. I was still on his side in the beginning but now I don’t care about him anymore. 

That is exactly what I was thinking. Why would she be with him when he is the one who is MARRIED.  Another thing 

1. He still hasn’t confessed yet. 
2. why haven’t he said. I Like You YJ 

YJ 좋아해  Why????? 

3. These word are also important for a relationship to move forward. Right 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296sand9leqd245qw982

• Like 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

17 hours ago, UnniSara said:

YJ 좋아해  Why????? 

I think he did say it, didn’t he? The initial period when YJ joined the company. Before YJ found out about him a married man. In that room with a small table. I think that same time she told him she already has someone she likes...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

20 hours ago, UnniSara said:

That is exactly what I was thinking. Why would she be with him when he is the one who is MARRIED.  Another thing 

YJ 좋아해  Why????? 

Actually, SJ did confess to YJ, but she rejected him saying that she likes someone else. I think she also brought up the fact that it wasn't right for SJ to like her (YJ) when he was a married man. That's a primary reason why SJ wants to divorce YR so that he can properly court YJ.

On a different thought, I think SJ's mother and YR's mother are both so ridiculous. I wonder why kdramas are making mothers so utterly ridiculous and stupid. The only mother who seems rational is Ye Jin's mother.

So, SJ's mother sees her son getting drunk every night so that he can go to sleep, hears from him that he can't breathe and thinks he might die, and her solution is to do away with the woman that he loves? Because that is going to magically fix him? rofl  It's so pathetic what this character is being made to do and how illogical she is. Is this really a reflection on Korean mothers that their thought is to be destructive in the hopes that their progeny will come to heel once they have lost everything at their mothers' hands? Like seriously.  ROFLOL

This ludicrousness is reflected in YR's mother. This woman who is willing to destroy her whole family, not to mention go to jail and possibly even kill someone, all on the say-so of a daughter that even she's willing to admit is a narcissistic psycho, and she's flipping out because her other daughter is in love with a man who was not legally married to the psycho daughter. This mother forces her unmarried daughter to claim her psycho's daughter child and raise him as a single mother which immediately means that the daughter is going to be forever hamstrung in her future choices and be unsuitable bride material for any bachelor, and thinks that's fine, but is outraged that the same daughter falls in love with the man who she thinks is the child's father as well as the man she's been in love with since she was a young girl.

What's even more hilarious is that as much effort as YR's mother is putting in to keep YJ and TP apart, I wonder how she'll react to realize that YR's actual husband wants to divorce YR so that he can court and marry YJ. I figure either the mother will either try to get YJ married off, even if it is to TP, so that YJ is no longer available for SJ to chase even. Or the mother is just going to kill YJ off since the mother is as psychotic as her favorite daughter YR, and she will see it as YJ is getting in YR's way and must be removed. ROFL.

YR's mother is cast as a total buffoon, however, who keeps sabotaging herself. Now that she's shrieked out that TP is DH's father so that DH could hear her, I wonder how she's going to resolve this. Kids don't forget things like that.

I guess since this is total makjangfest and can't be taken seriously, I'm actually laughing at everyone as I watch the most recent episodes. It's a shame that the story is being written to have these 2 mothers be the brunt of stupidity like this. I guess I should just hope that they don't actually reflect Korean mothers, but I'm scared of what the social commentary on Korean mothers is in this drama and others like it.

Also, I just realized that DH is going to be sick, and that is how TP is going to find out that he isn't DH's father after all since he won't be able to be a blood donor for DH or something like that. TP is going to be gutted, but in order to save DH, he's probably going to force the truth from YR. Especially is YJ can't be a donor either since they aren't actually mother and son.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I guess since this is total makjangfest and can't be taken seriously, I'm actually laughing at everyone as I watch the most recent episodes.

Haha, isn’t this the most entertaining daily drama? I would be pulling my hair each episode if I were to take the characters seriously. 

The one dailies that got me so emotional is Wanna Taste. But that one (morning slot) is not as crazy as this. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Haha, isn’t this the most entertaining daily drama? I would be pulling my hair each episode if I were to take the characters seriously. 

The one dailies that got me so emotional is Wanna Taste. But that one (morning slot) is not as crazy as this. 

Yes, if I were to watch it seriously, I would be wanting to bang people's heads in frustration! I think the last daily drama that I was really invested in was Love is Beautiful, Love is Wonderful, but I think that was because I became vested in the husband of the second lead female and started rooting for him to win his ex-wife over instead of the second male lead that she had originally been supposed to be paired up with.

The dramas that make me really emotional though usually revolve around children, like Person Who Gives Happiness which was similar to the Min Woo/Dong Ho set up, except there the story was focused on the fight over the child. At least DH here hasn't been put through the ringer yet where he is torn from his mother against his will for an extended period of time.

• Insightful 2
4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I think the last daily drama that I was really invested in was Love is Beautiful, Love is Wonderful,

That’s a weekender 😆 a bit more tolerable for me. And yes, I was rooting for Oh Min Suk too. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

19 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

That’s a weekender 😆 a bit more tolerable for me. And yes, I was rooting for Oh Min Suk too. 

I was routing for Oh Min Suk too. This is the second drama I have watched where he got the girl.  The actress portraying his mom always play to EVIL MOTHER & EVIL STEPMOTHER. She is always selfish 

Actress Park Hae Mi

Dear Heaven  Evil Evil Evil woman

Smile Again

12 Years Promise  Evil 

Lover’s in Bloom  she did not catch my radar 

Beautiful Love, Wonderful Life

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

That's right. It was a weekender rather than a daily. Good to know that I'm not the only one here who was rooting for OMS. He was wrong, but he was so sincere in his repentance and determination to make it right for his wife! I think if his wife had kept refusing him, he would have let go of her, but he had to do everything he could before he could let it go. And, the way it was written, it was his mother that she had a bigger problem with, plus she didn't love him when she married him. Anyway.

7 hours ago, UnniSara said:

Actress Park Hae Mi

Yes, she seems to have taken on more evil roles, in kdramas at least. She's actually a veteran stage and musical actress who started in dramas relatively later, I think.

Haven't watched the latest episode yet, but will say that even with YJ and TP becoming miserable, it's a bit of a relief to me as a viewer that they're at least being featured in more of the story line versus YR. I don't like the character, but I'm also not finding the actress to have a great range of expression, so it's a bit boring when she gets so much screen time.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Some tears this week for poor Minhu. The child is so talented.

Oh no! :cry:

They're going to go there, aren't they? Make things hard for poor MH, and he'll find out at his young age that his mom isn't really his birth mom, even though she's his true mom in every way except for giving birth to him.

I'm still outraged at YR's mother, btw, for the way she uses and abuses YJ and always rushes to do YR's bidding, even when she knows that it's wrong.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm still outraged at YR's mother, btw, for the way she uses and abuses YJ and always rushes to do YR's bidding, even when she knows that it's wrong.

The power of a mother’s love? O wait, a mother’s selective love. 

The writer better give a good explanation before drama ends, why she is so for YR and so against YJ when they’re supposed to be twins. So far I don’t buy the reason of because the father loves YJ more... 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

23 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, that is just a weak reason. The mother is just a little too extreme in how differently she treats YJ and YR.

It is way to extreme and cruel in my opinion. Another thing is that I fear , this woman will stand by YR when MW tree parentage comes out and she will not feel bad at TP's mother was used. I hope the reason isn’t weak or stupid. In All kinds of Daughter In Law, the mover favored one twin because the oldest twin took all the nutrients from her sister and was a sickly child. So the mother favored one twin but she never smacked her child, was willing to set up a marriage with an older gentleman even if he was a divorce. In this drama her jealousy and dislike is just to intense. 
@ktcjdrama @stroppyse

• Like 2

Translation of the preview that @UnniSara posted.

TP: I wish I was sick instead of Min Woo.
YJ: He just needs to get through chemotherapy well, and then he’ll be fine.  Let’s not show a weak face to Min Woo.
Ye Jin Mother: It’s a relief that Dong Ho is holding up so well.
Ye Jin Mother: Oh, have you seen Dong Ho’s dad?
SJ: She is definitely hiding something. There is a reason that Park Nae On sent me this photo.
YR: Father-in-law, please help me to keep Seo Joon. I really love Seo Joon-sshi very much.
YR Father: Tae Poong has gotten tested as well. And, Min Woo is your son! We have to save Min Woo!
SJ: Han Yoo Ra-sshi, do you have a son?
YR: Seo Joon-sshi

Wow, so it seems that there will be a number of reveals this week? DH/MW probably needs a blood transfusion, but neither YJ nor TP will be able to give it to him because neither of them are his blood parents and they will probably have incompatible type blood. Also, SJ will get a big clue that YR has a son, though I'm sure that YR will figure out some lie about that as well since there is still plenty of the drama left.

However, I can also see YR, once she is kicked out by SJ, possibly deciding that she'll take TP then since he's now a rich lawyer, and using DH to do so. Even if TP isn't DH's bio dad, TP has already bonded with DH, and so will be his dad.

Wonder if YR's mother will try to get YJ and TP back together if YR tells the mother that her hubby SJ wants YJ instead of her

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OMG  Secret is out , I don't think the YR's parents will find out the truth. TP's heart is broken and I am starting to finally see that the writer is trying to redeem YR. But she isn't redeemable. It takes threats to force this witch to help her own son. By making a deal will she ever  help save him. So disgusting. I am so sad that the subs are still not out. 

Crying right now, nah not really. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

It really does look like she is going to be redeemed. With 30 episodes left, plenty of time to steer direction... maybe only Madam Jo will get imprisoned... because her child is all grown up while YR’s child is still so small. I really don’t know how it’s going to be for YJ and TP if they were to give up MW to YR... 😱

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Chingu Episode 70 looked so wrong . Can you believe it??? 
Yu Ra’s family did a 180 on her actions. They rationalize it and only YJ is sane and have morals from that family.  Wow we now know why TP stop searching . He think YURA FRAMED HIS MOM FOR MURDER MURDER. 
giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299d9acf9e92a9d0df9c

Spoiler

Wow we now know why TP stop searching . He think YURA FRAMED HIS MOM FOR MURDER MURDER. 

• Like 3

I just finished episode 71 and saw the preview for episode 72. WHAT??!!! I can't believe it! I did not see this coming at all. I'm actually pretty upset about it.

I want YJ to leave that stupid family! All of them should just go to the pits of misery and be stuck with each other and YR forever!

Sorry, I can't stop using exclamation points. I'm that upset.

The only thing I can say is that there is nothing to hold YJ and TP back from getting revenge on YR and all of her stupid, idiotic family. YR had better not be redeemed! I don't care what happens to her as long as she is broke, having her marriage annulled for her lies, losing her job for her lies as well, and having to live with her parents right until she's jailed for murdering TP's mom, since she's such a pathetic excuse for a human being.

I'm even mad at SJ for being too stupid to keep falling for YR's pathetic, transparent lies. How many times does he have to come across scenes to actually clue in to the fact that YR is lying about herself, her family, and pretty much everything else.

• Clapping Hands 2

Even strangers blames the donor as the person who killed the child. Can you imagine what it will look like once they find out it was the birth mother who chose not to help MW. I felt so bad for YJ and I respect everyone else's not feeling bad for her. I can't hate her because the writer wrote her that way and the environment she grew up in made it to hard for her to abandon them due to her personality. Yu Ra had all the attention and love. 

Everyone seems keep saying TP is dumb but I disagree because of YJ but the truth is TP would never find the truth about the embezzlement, the cause of He Jin's farther's death or his mother arrest and the frame Job. He only suspects  YU Ra because she is the only one with motive/ evidence.   But now TP is working for  the FOUNDATION, now he will get evidence on the embezzlement , how that connects to He Jin and his mom. TP has no idea about the foundation his mother was trying to set up for  special needs people.  

guess I am the only person that felt YJ's pain. It was intense and I felt bad for her even though she is brainless. I can't hate her because the writer wrote her like an idiot. Her environment also made her an idiot. Always being used and walked upon has made it her reality. She has never really done anything for herself but always worked hard for her family who has never appreciated her.   

Has anyone not noticed ( TIMING !!)  on when Yoo Soon-Hee came to visit YJ at MW's funeral???? Just when she showed up  Han Dae CHeol went looking for TP????? That is so weird to me ???

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

What do you mean by weird? 

YSH came to the funeral but missed HDC by a minute  @ktcjdrama

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c6e1bb93a74fc959fb

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29c6e1bb93a74fc959fb

These two characters ar always missing each other . Like  HDC is always at their HDC's store but always missed when YSH came by here brother in law's Company

• Like 1
  • Haha 1